• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

be quiet! Power Zone Series Detailed

Sin

News Editor
During the recently ended Computex event in Taipei, be quiet! presented a wide range of new products, CPU coolers as well as power supplies. Among them a new upper-mainstream PSU line dubbed Power Zone, which consists of four models starting at 650 W and followed by 750 W, 850 W and 1000 W versions. This constitutes a premiere for be quiet! in that these are the first fully modular power supplies to be offered by the German brand. Another aspect intended to be addressed with this product line is affordability, which is something few of us would associate with the be quiet! moniker.

The four units comprising the Power Zone line are single +12V rail designs, use only 105° C rated capacitors and claim 80 Plus Bronze efficiency. They also make use of the be quiet! Silent Wings 135 mm fan, which is a Protechnic made Fluid Dynamic Bearing fan, probably the best fan you can have inside a power supply. The modular connector panel also houses three fan headers, feature carried over from the Dark Power Pro P10 line. be quiet! will offer these products with a 5 year warranty and pricing should start below 100 €.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Sierra ~ Server
Processor Core i5-11600K ~ Core i3-12100
Motherboard Asus Prime B560M-A AC ~ MSI PRO B760M-P
Cooling CM 212 Black RGB Edition ~ Intel Stock Cooler
Memory 64GB (2x 32GB) DDR4-3600 ~ 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 6950 XT ~ EVGA GeForce GTX 970
Storage 4TB Samsung 990 Pro with Heatsink NVMe SSD ~ 2TB Kingston NV1 NVMe SSD + 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell S2721QS 4K 60Hz ~ N/A
Case Asus Prime AP201 - Open Frame Chassis
Power Supply Thermaltake GF1 850W ~ Thermaltake Smart 500W
Software Windows 11 Pro ~ Proxmox VE
Benchmark Scores Laptops: Dell Latitude E7270, Dell Latitude 14 Rugged 5420.
Those are some attractive power supplies :)

System Name Chaos
Processor Intel Core i5 4590K @ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z97 MPower MAX AC
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer i30 + MX4
Memory 4x4 GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400 GT/s CL11
Video Card(s) Palit GTX 1070 Dual @ stock
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 1 TB WD Green (Idle timer off) + 320 GB WD Blue
Display(s) Dell U2515H
Case Fractal Design Define R3
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX750 Platinum
Mouse CM Storm Recon
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro (MX Red)
And yet, they're probably FSPs full of CapXons... Oh well, can't have it all.

Reactions: Sin

Sin

News Editor
Are Be Quiet PSU's any good?

They range from exceptional to rather poor, like the product portfolios of most other big names in the industry. As it usually happens, you get what you pay for, and higher end power supplies from be quiet! tend to command a hefty premium.

They range from exceptional to rather poor, like the product portfolios of most other big names in the industry. As it usually happens, you get what you pay for, and higher end power supplies from be quiet! tend to command a hefty premium.

That's precisely while I recommend Seasonic because you always get top quality, excellent service if you ever need it and you don't pay a mark-up to someone who just re-labels a product but doesn't actually produce it.

Reactions: Sin
D

Deleted member 24505

Thanks, I'd always thought of be quiet stuff as a bit budget based, don't know about their higher end ones though.

Sin

News Editor
And yet, they're probably FSPs full of CapXons... Oh well, can't have it all.

I'm quite optimistic in this regard, seeing as how Seasonic just presented a fully modular M12II Bronze line (SS-***AT) for the Chinese market, they could just as well be inside these units also, which will leave only the 1000 W version for further suppositions and guesses. :)

Sin

News Editor
That's precisely while I recommend Seasonic because you always get top quality, excellent service if you ever need it and you don't pay a mark-up to someone who just re-labels a product but doesn't actually produce it.

Seasonic usually gets things right, but they can also mess up (as seen in the Arctic Cooling PSUs which are Seasonic made). Sill, you are correct, Seasonic units are normally the safe bet.

Regarding after sales support and service, you'd be hard pressed to find better than be quiet! in Europe. :)
Thanks, I'd always thought of be quiet stuff as a bit budget based, don't know about their higher end ones though.

Their Dark Power Pro P10 units are among the best money can buy, some of their fans are superb as well.

YW! :)

Last edited:
Using BeQuiet-PSUs now for many many years with my watercooled silent PCs and I'm very satisfied with the units. The fans of the Dark Power Pro-series are near to noiseless. Had some technical questions once - got a detailed answer from the support within a few hours. :rockout: