• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Maximus Formula VI

System Name 2020 build
Processor 3950x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus extreme
Cooling Custom Loop. PETG. Phanteks 140 distro plate. EK 400mm res. EK GPU/back plate. EK CPU.480rad 2x360
Memory 32gig 3600mhz 16,16,16,36. Trident Z Royal
Video Card(s) MSI gaming X trio 2080ti
Storage 2TB Gigabyte Aorus gen4. 1TB Aorus gen4
Display(s) LG CX 55
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Audeez LCD3. Chord Hugo 2
Power Supply Seasonic prime 1300 platinum
Software Cubase, Adobe
Does anyone know of a exact release date for the Z87 Maximus Formula VI? Closest I can find is the middle of July. I was all set to buy the G1 Sniper 5 but it doesn't have a mSata. The Maximus Extreme VI doesn't have a particularly awesome audio feature or pcb separation, neither does the Gigabyte Z87 OC Formula. So I'm hoping the Maximus Formula VI will cover all bases. I just need to read a review of it to see if it will be a good enough overclocker. I know all Z87 boards are going to OC well but it would be nice if it has a bit of an edge to it and can OC the mem well.

Last edited:
Processor Intel® Core i5 6600
Motherboard Asus H170 Pro Gaming
Cooling Hyper 212 Evo
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 2400mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960 G1 4GB Gaming
Storage 256GB Intel SSD 525 Series
Display(s) 24" LG LED Monitor
Case Corsair Carbide 200R
Power Supply Seasonic MK12II 620W
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 x64
Does anyone know of a exact release date for the Z87 Maximus Formula VI? Closest I can find is the middle of July. I was all set to buy the G1 Sniper 5 but it doesn't have a mSata. The Maximus Extreme VI doesn't have a particularly awesome audio feature or pcb separation, neither does the Gigabyte Z87 OC Formula. So I'm hoping the Maximus Formula VI will cover all bases. I just need to read a review of it to see if it will be a good enough overclocker. I know all Z87 boards are going to OC well but it would be nice if it has a bit of an edge to it and can OC the mem well.

I haven't heard of a release date yet. I just googled it again and still nothing. But I will keep my eyes and ears open :)

J :toast: