• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

patriekvg

Recent motherboards, I believe since Intel 6 series PCH, offer a Fast Boot option in the BIOS. This skips some parts of the POST, or does it less extensive. Also, Windows 8 offers a system that stores certain loaded parts of the OS, so it will not have to be loaded again next time.

Processor Intel i7 7700k @4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Strix Z270E Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Nepton 120XL
Memory Corsair Vengeance LED Red 2x8GB 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus Strix GTX980TI
Storage Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z / Dell SE198WFP
Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
Software Windows 10 - 64bit
like what ...??....

I'm not sure if thats the case, but in Windows 8 if you have fast start up enable the computer will crash on the first restart.
In windows 7 you don't have that feature, but the symptoms you describe are much alike.
You start the computer it crashes then you restart and its fine right ?
If thats what happens maybe theres some sort of fast startup/boot feature enabled on bios.

EDIT: Didn't see what was said above.
Exactly that patriekvg is talking about.

ultranick

I'm not sure if thats the case, but in Windows 8 if you have fast start up enable the computer will crash on the first restart.
In windows 7 you don't have that feature, but the symptoms you describe are much alike.
You start the computer it crashes then you restart and its fine right ?
If thats what happens maybe theres some sort of fast startup/boot feature enabled on bios.

EDIT: Didn't see what was said above.
Exactly that patriekvg is talking about.

HI~~~ NOW I TRY TURN OFF "THE FAST BOOT" IN THE BIOS, and the freeze is disappear:toast: oh thanks god~~~ my lord~~~ the fuckin problem make me crazy:twitch: after make this action, i test call of duty crysis dirt tomb raide etc, there no freeze again~~~ thanks guys,you are amazing~~~:D

Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
HI~~~ NOW I TRY TURN OFF "THE FAST BOOT" IN THE BIOS, and the freeze is disappear:toast: oh thanks god~~~ my lord~~~ the fuckin problem make me crazy:twitch: after make this action, i test call of duty crysis dirt tomb raide etc, there no freeze again~~~ thanks guys,you are amazing~~~:D

Glad it worked :D Have fun !

Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
please help me....i have windows 7....and i have freezes when i run valley benchmark ....what should i do....and it freezes when i start crysis 3 too

Your problem is probably different.
Have you tried any other games ? Is crysis set to run at fullscreen ?

monther2

Your problem is probably different.
Have you tried any other games ? Is crysis set to run at fullscreen ?

yes it runs at full screen....i tried another games like bf3 and crysis 1...it worked perfectly..i tried assassin creed now and it freezed

Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
yes it runs at full screen....i tried another games like bf3 and crysis 1...it worked perfectly..i tried assassin creed now and it freezed

So It just freezes with some games ?

Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
crysis 3 and valley benchmark always freezes and assiassns too

Try this:
Go into nvidia control panel » 3d settings » pick one of the games for example crysis » sli mode set it to single gpu and test if it still crashes

Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
no ...no crash...but the sli was disabled right?

Yeh, was just to see it still happened.
Uninstall HyperSLI and the nvidia drivers and do a clean install. Not sure if it will fix it but give it a try.

monther2

Yeh, was just to see it still happened.
Uninstall HyperSLI and the nvidia drivers and do a clean install. Not sure if it will fix it but give it a try.

hey man...i did that and i saw some improvment...running valley benchmark didn't freeze the pc as usual ..but crysis 3 still freeze the pc ...i noticed that when i lounch crysis 3 it lounch windowed ! then comes the freeze... is there any problem not running at full screen with hypersli ???

Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
hey man...i did that and i saw some improvment...running valley benchmark didn't freeze the pc as usual ..but crysis 3 still freeze the pc ...i noticed that when i lounch crysis 3 it lounch windowed ! then comes the freeze... is there any problem not running at full screen with hypersli ???

Yeh its fixed I guess :D
As for the crash, yes it crashes if you play in window mode.
Some games go into window mode before going full screen.
But just to make sure its set to full screen, go in nvidia control panel and set it up to single gpu open the game then check the settings and see if its in full screen.
If it is set to full screen nothing else can be done, as far as I know.

monther2

Yeh its fixed I guess :D
As for the crash, yes it crashes if you play in window mode.
Some games go into window mode before going full screen.
But just to make sure its set to full screen, go in nvidia control panel and set it up to single gpu open the game then check the settings and see if its in full screen.
If it is set to full screen nothing else can be done, as far as I know.
it is at full screen but when the game starts it a small screen then it gets full....maybye this make it freeze?

System Name 7754LIF3
Processor C2Q QX9770 @ 4Ghz 1,37v
Motherboard Asus Rampage Extreme X48
Cooling NZXT Kraken X60 + Fusion Block
Memory 4 x 4Gb DDR3 GSkill @ 1688Mhz
Video Card(s) Quad-SLI GTX590 Zotac HyperSLI v1.0 W7 & Different SLI W8.1
Storage 4 X 1TB WD Black Raid0
Display(s) 3 x SyncMaster 203B 20" Nvidia Surround 4200X1050@60hz
Case MIH CASE
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX X-Fi
Power Supply EnerMax MaxRevo 1500W
Software Windows 7 / 8.1 Up1. x64
Do difference between SLI REAL vs HYPERSLI?

Hello! not is if the question I have been already answered somewhere in the post but I no it and found, my question is, there the difference between REAL SLI vs HYPERSLI? I think it is a question that we have many of us, I now have the opportunity to check it, on the one hand I have to Rampage Extreme X48 and by another Striker 2 Extreme, serious test quadsli 2 gtx295 on both boards with the same processor, same RAM, same hard disk, not O.C... and make several test games with benchmark (Dirt3 Grid2, Unigine Heaven, Sleeping Dogs... and some more than you think) same resolution, same AA, same FSAA... and draw conclusions, I think that would be the most fair, since you cannot compare X48 vs X58 for example, (Dual channel vs triple channel and C2Q vs i7 I think that it is not just) that you think about the idea?
Sorry for my bad English :respect:

Reactions: SaZ
Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
it is at full screen but when the game starts it a small screen then it gets full....maybye this make it freeze?

Yup thats because of it, if the game starts in window then goes to full screen it will crash. Nothing can be done as far as I know

patriekvg

Hi, I'm new to this and got stuck... hope someone can help me!

I have a Gigabyte GA-EX58-DS4 and got a BIOS mod for SLI (and SLIC2.1).
AIDA64 gives this info on ACPI/DSTD table:
SLI Certification 987134512781Genuine NVIDIA Certified SLI Ready Motherboard for ASUS RAMPAGE II EXT 3287-Copyright 2008 NVIDIA Corporation All Rights Reserved-765289891023(R)

Now I first tried HALmod 0.9, but still didnt get SLI active.
Then I found HyperSLI, so I got put on Virtualisation Tech (I had VT-x disabled before) and tried installing that. Didnt work.

What is wrong here? Thanks in advance!

Also see my thread on MDL:
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/45530-Adding-NVIDIA-SLI-support-to-GA-EX58-DS4-BIOS
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/attachment.php?attachmentid=22315&d=1371155087
Is there anyone who can help me here?
Still have not made any progress. Today I will backup my stuff and do a clean software install. But I'm not sure if I should try the modified BIOS + HALmod again, or use the original BIOS + HyperSLI tool.

Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
Is there anyone who can help me here?
Still have not made any progress. Today I will backup my stuff and do a clean software install. But I'm not sure if I should try the modified BIOS + HALmod again, or use the original BIOS + HyperSLI tool.

HyperSLI should work for most motherboards. I don't know anything about that modified BIOS thing.
But I say you should give it a try with HyperSLI.

patriekvg

It's working! The modified BIOS / hall.dll method still didnt work, but HyperSLI does! Thanks to the creator of this!!
One question remaining: now everytime I start my PC, it asks which boot option I want to use. I will never need the 'normal' option again (only the HyperSLI one). Is it possible to remove the other option so it will start right away, or better: skip the question (only coming up when pressing F8). Bit offtopic, but maybe it will help someone else too using HyperSLI.

Last edited:

monther2

It's working! The modified BIOS / hall.dll method still didnt work, but HyperSLI does! Thanks to the creator of this!!
One question remaining: now everytime I start my PC, it asks which boot option I want to use. I will never need the 'normal' option again (only the HyperSLI one). Is it possible to remove the other option so it will start right away, or better: skip the question (only coming up when pressing F8). Bit offtopic, but maybe it will help someone else too using HyperSLI.

yes u can ...when u choose which one to boot i think you press f8 and choose the one u want and never ask again

Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma

I wouldn't recommend removing it, but you can decrease the waiting time to 3 seconds.
Open run » type in msconfig » boot tab » set the timeout to 3 seconds (lowest possible)
That should do the trick.

patriekvg

I wouldn't recommend removing it, but you can decrease the waiting time to 3 seconds.
Open run » type in msconfig » boot tab » set the timeout to 3 seconds (lowest possible)
That should do the trick.
Thanks man! That's good enough for me :)

SaZ

System Name SGC K2 -K1
Processor Intel 4790K -Intel Q9650
Motherboard Asus Z97-WS- Asus P5E64WS EVO X48
Cooling SGC Prototype-EK 240 HF+ 2x GTX295 single pcb Aquacomputer
Memory Mushkin Redline- Corsair dominator 8GB 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Asus GTX980 DC2OC -2x Asus ENGTX295 QuadSli with DifferentSLiAuto v1.1
Storage Corsair Force GS240GB(Games+Programs)+Seagate 2TB(Storage)-OCZ Vertex 3 60GB(OS)
Display(s) 2X Samsung Syncamster P2250+Acer V243H - Acer X193w
Case Corsair 900D-Buffetti...a 13 years old case
Audio Device(s) Integrated sound card is enough for both
Power Supply Corsair TX750M-Coolermaster 650W
Mouse Logitech G400
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Win 7 Ultimate X64
Benchmark Scores K1 score Unigine Heaven dx10 2731 pts 3DMark Vantage (CPU@4GHZ-RAM@7-8-8-24) 23417 pts
Hello! not is if the question I have been already answered somewhere in the post but I no it and found, my question is, there the difference between REAL SLI vs HYPERSLI? I think it is a question that we have many of us, I now have the opportunity to check it, on the one hand I have to Rampage Extreme X48 and by another Striker 2 Extreme, serious test quadsli 2 gtx295 on both boards with the same processor, same RAM, same hard disk, not O.C... and make several test games with benchmark (Dirt3 Grid2, Unigine Heaven, Sleeping Dogs... and some more than you think) same resolution, same AA, same FSAA... and draw conclusions, I think that would be the most fair, since you cannot compare X48 vs X58 for example, (Dual channel vs triple channel and C2Q vs i7 I think that it is not just) that you think about the idea?
Sorry for my bad English :respect:

Im very interested about this ur idea is very good...time ago i was looking for a cheaper striker 2 extreme,xfx790i ultra,asus p5n64ws to compare my system but these motherboard are very rare. So when u have some result let me know so we can compare the benchmarks and games.