• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
I think too often people forget that DayZ has zombies in it. Not enough people go around having fun shooting zombies in hunting parties. All the focus is on the players, and the zombies are just some kind of debris in the game that is incredibly buggy and mostly ignored and ran away from.
It would probably be more fun for me, if I could do the usual scavenging and player interacting, but actually have to deal with the zombies more. I fear that that is an issue with the mod itself, as opposed to anybody's server.

System Name The White Breeze||Medion Akoya Ultrabook
Processor i7-3770k||Core i5-3317U
Motherboard MSI Z77 MPOWER||Laptop?
Cooling Custom TEC waterloop||Laptop?
Memory 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 2133MHz||8GB SDRAM
Video Card(s) 2X SLI MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning||Intel 4000
Storage Corsair GT 120GB, WD Caviar Black 1TB||500GB HDD with 32gb MSATA cache
Display(s) Samsung U28D590D 4k||14" LED
Case NZXT Switch 810||Laptop shell?
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi surround pro 5.1||Dolby Home Theatre V4
Power Supply Seasonic XP-860 Platinum||Laptop Power Brick
Software Windows 7||Windows 8
I think too often people forget that DayZ has zombies in it. Not enough people go around having fun shooting zombies in hunting parties. All the focus is on the players, and the zombies are just some kind of debris in the game that is incredibly buggy and mostly ignored and ran away from.
It would probably be more fun for me, if I could do the usual scavenging and player interacting, but actually have to deal with the zombies more. I fear that that is an issue with the mod itself, as opposed to anybody's server.
Zombies get boring after you have been playing the game for a year+ The only thing that gets me playing dayz is when a good mod/map is released, or if it's a friend server/I am playing with some mates.
Aw okay. You should give us another go we have progressed a long way since then.

We now run our own Mod, seperate from Vanilla Dayz, and there is a much greater emphasis on playing with other people and getting involved in Role Play.

Just as an example (sorry for the selfish bump and promotion) but THIS is just one instance of the stuff that happens on the server now.

It is good fun and there are many optimistic plans in progress to enhance it even further.

I don't mean to promote but as an active member since August it has come on leaps and bounds since then. :)

http://i.imgur.com/awr2Zws.jpg?2
Wow the RP has certainly gotten better, when I was playing, the only RP rule that was being full acknowledged was the no KOS one, as that's why every came to the server :)

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Zombies get boring after you have been playing the game for a year+ The only thing that gets me playing dayz is when a good mod/map is released, or if it's a friend server/I am playing with some mates.

Wow the RP has certainly gotten better, when I was playing, the only RP rule that was being full acknowledged was the no KOS one, as that's why every came to the server :)

I agree totally, if the AI didnt suck, and modders could DO something with them, it might make them less boring.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
"Not so much".. So yes then..

I wish you guys would be more upfront about how buggy and hacked the game actually is. I spent so much time getting all this crap installed just to find out that the game is indeed crap. It's a mod. A very boring mod at that.. Yay, I'm running around then all of a sudden everyone on the server dies.. Or yay I'm stuck in a wall or yay to any of a dozen other lame excuses for a badly coded game..
This game should of died when it started imho.

What do you expect? Its a mod based off a group of friends and was never intended to grow to over a million players. Arma 2's engine is full of holes that hackers can get into. Yes if you do not like the game, please go be a debbie downer somewhere else like candy crush or whatever other facebook game is popular. No one forced you to spend "SO MUCH" time reinstalling a game that you already didn't like cause of bugs and hackers. You did that on your own and then come here acting like its all our faults cause we held a gun to your head. Not everyone is going to like certain games but those who do like to get together and play while actually having fun. That being said, I suggest you not be "Forced" into buying the standalone when it comes out on our account...

Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi surround pro 5.1||Dolby Home Theatre V4
I agree totally, if the AI didnt suck, and modders could DO something with them, it might make them less boring.
Well if you're up to date on your rocket blogs, then you would know that they have been spending a lot of time doing zombie animations. They used similar body mapping technology that was used in avatar. So if they spent that much time doing animations, the AI better be down pat.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Well if you're up to date on your rocket blogs, then you would know that they have been spending a lot of time doing zombie animations. They used similar body mapping technology that was used in avatar. So if they spent that much time doing animations, the AI better be down pat.

I havent played for a while, but zombies were still walking through walls last I played :D
I'd like to play it again with friends, but we're all playing other games at this point in time. When it goes standalone I might drop in again.

D

Deleted member 24505

Aw okay. You should give us another go we have progressed a long way since then.

We now run our own Mod, seperate from Vanilla Dayz, and there is a much greater emphasis on playing with other people and getting involved in Role Play.

Just as an example (sorry for the selfish bump and promotion) but THIS is just one instance of the stuff that happens on the server now.

It is good fun and there are many optimistic plans in progress to enhance it even further.

I don't mean to promote but as an active member since August it has come on leaps and bounds since then. :)

http://i.imgur.com/awr2Zws.jpg?2

That client wont mess with my stem install of DayZ will it?

Thanks for posting here, and i will maybe see you in the game :)

SumoS

I havent played for a while, but zombies were still walking through walls last I played :D
I'd like to play it again with friends, but we're all playing other games at this point in time. When it goes standalone I might drop in again.

The glitches will remain till the SA and further improvements but the Zeds are more of a challenge now than ever with infection and their new animations in the mod.

Load up vanilla and try run around like we used to.

Likewise the RP mod is slightly tweaked for balance and other factors.

That client wont mess with my stem install of DayZ will it?

Thanks for posting here, and i will maybe see you in the game :)

Nah just put it on your desktop and launch it. It won't open up Steam or anything. I use it and no issues whatsoever. If there is any the Team are quite quick to try help on our Troubleshooting forum or TS channel :)

brandonwh64

Just checked the server log and player list, looks like we are getting some traffic :)

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro

brandonwh64

I'll probably give your server a go some point soon, I have two friends that occasionally drop in the DayZ, but we're caught up in Competative CS:GO and Competative LoL right now with a bunch of Diablo III leagues on the side :<

I need to take time and put in more vehicles and bases but it takes alot of time in the editor.

I wished I could get more scripts installed but the ones I have tested seem to load but not work. I do not know what I am doing wrong

System Name INTEL/AMD
Processor I7 4790k stock / 1100T@3.8GHZ(on air)
Motherboard GIGABYTE GAMING 5 / GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 / zalmen 9900
Memory 4x4 GB 1600 / 4x4gb 1600
Video Card(s) GTX670 x2 / ATI 5870 x2
Storage 2xcorsair ssd 120gb raid0 /2x adata ssd 120gb
Display(s) 55Iinch LCD / 22inch acer
Case CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3) / Anteck 900
Power Supply Enermax 800EWT / 750 zalman
Software Win 10
I might try to see what your servers like later today. I will be in my ts if you need me.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Server runs great brandon. :) I just don't care for people giving themselves what they want and having access to server control. Kinda sucks the fun out of it.

brandonwh64

Server runs great brandon. :) I just don't care for people giving themselves what they want and having access to server control. Kinda sucks the fun out of it.

I will restrict access to only 2 people if you want to be one of those.

I am about to add in bases I found on opendayz.com

*Edit*

There are now bases at (kamenka, devils castle, novylug, otmel shore, and another mystery location)

Last edited:
Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
The NPC's are ridiculous. It's like aimbot city.

brandonwh64

The NPC's are ridiculous. It's like aimbot city.

Yea the guy that made the mod put his own personal config file that he had on his server. It gave players more things to worry about other than zombies and loot.

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
They should probably be up north or something. Having them so close to the coast is too much for new spawns. Plus, for NPC's they're pretty damn good... and there's just too much of them.

They should probably be up north or something. Having them so close to the coast is too much for new spawns. Plus, for NPC's they're pretty damn good... and there's just too much of them.
Have them guarding the bases, and patrolling the air fields and barracks, too make getting that high end loot a bit harder.

brandonwh64

I will look over the readme to see how to move or reduce the AI spawns. I am going to be building more bases tomorrow and probably taking the one out at otmel since its glitched out bad.

brandonwh64

I was in the server a while ago, i think i ran into a npc.

If you have a decent gun you can out smart them since AI in the arma series is not the best. Erocker is right thought, they do have Aimbot style shooting so walking up on them is a fuck fest

Here is a cheat sheet of the vehicles that are currently spawned

If you have a decent gun you can out smart them since AI in the arma series is not the best. Erocker is right thought, they do have Aimbot style shooting so walking up on them is a fuck fest

Here is a cheat sheet of the vehicles that are currently spawned

http://img.techpowerup.org/130717/Capture010770.jpg
And all the dead bodies? :roll:
Also you should add some more boats around the balota area and the more westerly part of the coast.

D

Deleted member 24505

I did find a vehicle at a gas station, but it had 2 flat tyres, i will look for one today though. thx

Btw if i run the game through steam, and pick beta, it works fine, but i still get the same error,wrong version server rejected connection, if i run it through DayZ commander.

System Name FumoffuFumoffu
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X -UD3H
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
Display(s) Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' 3ms Full HD 1920x1200 WideScreen LCD Monitor
Case Corsair Graphite Series 600T
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX 750W Gold
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
Perhaps if you made some of the NPCs Militaristic and Friendly as long as you dont shoot at them? Such as a Military patrol that clears out zombies from time to time when they come across them but wont open up on the player so long as you dont open up on them. If you do open up on them, all the AI NPCs will deem you hostile. They would also give you 2 chances to not open up on them. AKA you could kill up to 2 of them (each time a message displays to stop killing friendly AI) after which a message would display that all the NPCs are gunning for you. And then all the NPCs hunt you. Also, some NPCs would just be hostile in general. They could also attack the friendly AI patrols too.