• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

beto8824

Not works!! patched was succes but when i run install.cmd ... "Please extract everything from the package including the contents of the tools folder"

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Hello, i have question. Can i connect gxt 285 with gtx 260? because i use latest drivers with latest different sli and when i enable sli in nvidia control panel i have black screen and flash sometimes and that is all. Please reply. Thank you for answer.
Hi Morevilek, no those two are not compatible.
DEV_05E1 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280"
DEV_05E2 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260"

Not works!! patched was succes but when i run install.cmd ... "Please extract everything from the package including the contents of the tools folder"

Beto, Ember will fix this shortly - is most likely a fault in one of the lines.

Ember, I would suggest adding a copy of the most recent DEV_ID list either in your post here or included with the patch file.

Also, may be time to start a new thread so we can collate the relevant information and do some Q/A - should be able to get it stickied once it's up.

@beto8824 It works fine. You need the tools folder also. The version @newconroer was sent had a typo in Install.cmd that caused the message to show every time and it was fixed in the version posted.

If the tools folder is missing you will get that message. I put that in to prevent people from not extracting everything from the ZIP. Report back if you have the tools folder extracted alongside the patcher and Install.cmd

beto8824

Yes, I extracted all the zip and I get this error in any way I try and open all files in the tools folder, and anyway I get this error, I hope I can help make it work and I can only do sli with 310.70 drivers and use windows 8 pro.

beto8824

el sistema no puede encontrar la ruta especificada!! (The system can not find the path specified) 7 times I get it, where to move the files is the same, thanks for the support, I hope to make it work.

refer it^^

el sistema no puede encontrar la ruta especificada!! (The system can not find the path specified) 7 times I get it, where to move the files is the same, thanks for the support, I hope to make it work.

just extract "DifferentSLIAuto1.01.zip" to anywhere

then copy nvlddmkm.sys to extracted folder ^^, and follow readme.txt

Ember's patch is very cool!! it worked perfectly even "QUADRO"

Attachments

• slit.png
    slit.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 923

Nathil

DifferentSLIAuto Release v1.0
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/okk55up9b452o34/DifferentSLIAuto1.0.zip

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Code:
DifferentSLI Auto NVIDIA Driver Patcher and Signer by Ember

What it is?
------------
This patcher will automatically patch and sign "nvlddmkm.sys" for NVIDIA drivers for 64-bit systems to enable SLI with different cards.

To use:
--------
1) Install original NVIDIA drivers
2) Put cards together you want to SLI
3) Reboot
4) Copy original "nvlddmkm.sys" from "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\" and put it in the same folder as the patcher.
5) Run "DifferentSLIAuto.exe" and press patch, if everything went well it will say that patching was successful, if not contact Ember on techPowerUp! and do not continue.
6) Log in as Administrator
7) UAC must be disabled
8) run Install.cmd
9) Reboot

History
--------
version 1.0 01/11/13 Initial Release

Thanks
-------
anatolymik @ techPowerUp! for the original patch
Shub-Nigurrath [ARTeam] for CheckSum Fixer

Works like a dream, tested with the new nvidia 331.65.
Thanks alot.. this is awsome :toast:

beto8824

help please! I get this error always follow the instructions and I get this error, if anyone knows how to fix it please tell me, I have two gtx 580 1.5gb and 3gb windows 8 pro x64.

Geironimo

Geironimo, it does happen though what is the specific symptom you get?

I just tried with the lastest patch here with the same result.
Basically without doing anything i dont get the option for SLI at all.
After patching i get the SLI options and select Maximum 3D performance, then i press OK and it starts flickering. And kaboom Blue screen of death, and the computer reboots.

When i tried the old coolbits way i managed to launch a game like Battlefield 3, but it would just freeze up on me.

I'm using a Zotac Geforce GTX 560 Ti with 2GB VRAM and an Asus Geforce GTX 560 Ti with 1 GB VRAM.

I'm all new to this SLI stuff, so i'm pretty much clueless. I am looking into a new gfx card though, so this probably wont bother me a lot, but i'm curious what crashes :)

justast

help please! I get this error always follow the instructions and I get this error, if anyone knows how to fix it please tell me, I have two gtx 580 1.5gb and 3gb windows 8 pro x64.

You haven't disabled UAC properly, doing it from Control Panel will not work.
Open regedit and find this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
then select EnableLUA and set it to 0
Restart
Run Install.cmd
Restart
go to regedit and set the value back to 1, because it will brake your METRO apps.
Restart

Have gone though this procedure with my Windows 8.1 and it works 100%.
Good luck.

beto8824

You haven't disabled UAC properly, doing it from Control Panel will not work.
Open regedit and find this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
then select EnableLUA and set it to 0
Restart
Run Install.cmd
Restart
go to regedit and set the value back to 1, because it will brake your METRO apps.
Restart

Have gone though this procedure with my Windows 8.1 and it works 100%.
Good luck.

Thank you very much! I worked but the same thing happens with the other modded drivers, I get the option of SLI but when active "crash" only 310.70 works for me. :(

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Thank you very much! I worked but the same thing happens with the other modded drivers, I get the option of SLI but when active "crash" only 310.70 works for me. :(

I just tried with the lastest patch here with the same result.
Basically without doing anything i dont get the option for SLI at all.
After patching i get the SLI options and select Maximum 3D performance, then i press OK and it starts flickering. And kaboom Blue screen of death, and the computer reboots.

When i tried the old coolbits way i managed to launch a game like Battlefield 3, but it would just freeze up on me.

I'm using a Zotac Geforce GTX 560 Ti with 2GB VRAM and an Asus Geforce GTX 560 Ti with 1 GB VRAM.

I'm all new to this SLI stuff, so i'm pretty much clueless. I am looking into a new gfx card though, so this probably wont bother me a lot, but i'm curious what crashes :)

Have you both tried swapping the cards around physically in the PCI E slots?

The mismatched ram sizes seems to be one area that we can't get 100% success with - or so I remember comments about it in this thread, including the two of yours.

Geironimo

Have you both tried swapping the cards around physically in the PCI E slots?

The mismatched ram sizes seems to be one area that we can't get 100% success with - or so I remember comments about it in this thread, including the two of yours.

I tried first to upgrade to 331.65 driver yesterday, and did the patch and all and when i ran maximized 3d performance it started flickering but no bluescreen. I assume the flickering is normal. After that i lost to of my monitors (i have 3) and the one i had left looked like it had no driver at all. And Nvidia Control Panel was no longer available.

Reason i havent tried moving the cards around before is that the upper card has an Arctic Cooler fan, which makes it impossible to have the soundcard connected cause of the size.
However i removed the soundcard to try this, but it doesnt seem to make a difference in my case.
Same result, screen flickers, then goes back to very low resolution and no Nvidia Control Panel.

There is one thing though, i havent tried to disable UAC the way mentioned above here, so i will try that when i get off work today.

Last edited:
System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
I tried first to upgrade to 331.65 driver yesterday, and did the patch and all and when i ran maximized 3d performance it started flickering but no bluescreen. I assume the flickering is normal. After that i lost to of my monitors (i have 3) and the one i had left looked like it had no driver at all. And Nvidia Control Panel was no longer available.

Reason i havent tried moving the cards around before is that the upper card has an Arctic Cooler fan, which makes it impossible to have the soundcard connected cause of the size.
However i removed the soundcard to try this, but it doesnt seem to make a difference in my case.
Same result, screen flickers, then goes back to very low resolution and no Nvidia Control Panel.

There is one thing though, i havent tried to disable UAC the way mentioned above here, so i will try that when i get off work today.

Also disable sleep and hibernation modes in Windows. Additionally try it on one monitor.

Last edited:

hheresy

ouch

Just tried it several times -Desktop PC (Palit GTX680 JS amd GTX780 S-JS) with newest NVIDIA drivers:
- all went fine
- SLI option appeared
- once I went to NVIDIA Control Center and activated SLI... the driver crashed on me (error 43).

Last shot now: switched graphics cards and now trying...any tipps appreciated

hheresy

ouch 2

Didnt work either:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/wzuz.jpg/

driver of PCI-bus 1 device 0 crashes - no matter which card is inside. At least thats the device reporting the error.

Any suggestions? Maybe different driver version?

Feels so bad: seeing SLI, crashing upon activating - guess I cry now for a second ;)

imranh101

480 + 570 = problems

Trying to use this to SLI my 480 GTX with my 570 GTX...
Every time I finally get to enable SLI then click apply, second screen screen goes off, main screen goes black and drops to 800x600 resolution... I see nvidia control panel windows, except it's all blank (white) and it just shows the thinking icon. After about a minute, "Nvidia control panel has stopped working". Still only 1 monitor working, and 800x600. If I try to restart Nvidia control panel, it just says I have no displays connected to nvidia cards.

Setup is a Phenom 975, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3, 600w PSU, a 570 GTX and a 480 GTX. Windows 7 Ultimate.
Main monitor is a 1920x1200, secondary is a 1280x1024. Both DVI, hooked to the 480, which is in the upper PCIE slot.

Going to start over and try it with only one monitor plugged in, any other ideas appreciated.

UPDATE : Did it with one monitor, same problem. Did it again, after swapping card positions, and... Well, it went black, came back still at full 1920x1200 res, but still was looking at a blank NV control panel. After a minute of it thinking, it BSOD'd. Upon reboot, however, instead of having to clean wipe and reinstall drivers, it actually came back up with no issues, except that SLI was disabled again. Think I'm getting closer to a cure, but now out of ideas.

Last edited:
System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Just tried it several times -Desktop PC (Palit GTX680 JS amd GTX780 S-JS) with newest NVIDIA drivers:
- all went fine
- SLI option appeared
- once I went to NVIDIA Control Center and activated SLI... the driver crashed on me (error 43).

Last shot now: switched graphics cards and now trying...any tipps appreciated.

Didnt work either:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/wzuz.jpg/

driver of PCI-bus 1 device 0 crashes - no matter which card is inside. At least thats the device reporting the error.

Any suggestions? Maybe different driver version?

Feels so bad: seeing SLI, crashing upon activating - guess I cry now for a second ;)

Trying to use this to SLI my 480 GTX with my 570 GTX...
Every time I finally get to enable SLI then click apply, second screen screen goes off, main screen goes black and drops to 800x600 resolution... I see nvidia control panel windows, except it's all blank (white) and it just shows the thinking icon. After about a minute, "Nvidia control panel has stopped working". Still only 1 monitor working, and 800x600. If I try to restart Nvidia control panel, it just says I have no displays connected to nvidia cards.

Setup is a Phenom 975, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3, 600w PSU, a 570 GTX and a 480 GTX. Windows 7 Ultimate.
Main monitor is a 1920x1200, secondary is a 1280x1024. Both DVI, hooked to the 480, which is in the upper PCIE slot.

Going to start over and try it with only one monitor plugged in, any other ideas appreciated.

UPDATE : Did it with one monitor, same problem. Did it again, after swapping card positions, and... Well, it went black, came back still at full 1920x1200 res, but still was looking at a blank NV control panel. After a minute of it thinking, it BSOD'd. Upon reboot, however, instead of having to clean wipe and reinstall drivers, it actually came back up with no issues, except that SLI was disabled again. Think I'm getting closer to a cure, but now out of ideas.

To you both:

Those sets of cards are not compatible. We've had the first page updated with the new method, and should also soon have a list of GPU information to allow you to check.

See the three bolded numbers below. They do not match and thus cannot be SLI .

DEV_1004 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780"
DEV_1180 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680"

and

DEV_06C0 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480"
DEV_1086 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 "

hheresy

To you both:

Those sets of cards are not compatible. We've had the first page updated with the new method, and should also soon have a list of GPU information to allow you to check.

and

Thank you a lot for the fast reply - at least now I know :)

imranh101

To you both:

and

Ah, good to know... Though I saw a post where a guy said he got it working fine w/ 480+570 minus occasionnal microstutter in BF3 (no other games did it).. maybe just a rare success case. Thanks anyways!

vadymyan

I have the same with gtx470 gtx480, but it was working with 290.53 drivers. So, it may works, but problem in drivers.

vadymyan

Could you help me with gtx470/480 mother x58 after mark sli- nvidia panel shout down, and it doesn't work. Ideas?

vadymyan

Looks strange, 470/550ti in nvidia panel sli is on, but, if i'm trying start any game black screen.

Attachments

• sli 2.jpg
    sli 2.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 538
  • sli3.jpg
    sli3.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 526