• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

timmymonsta

Posting success with GTX 660 and 650 TI Boost. Thanks to the creator(s) of this!

Hi to all the /r/pcmasterrace viewers, hope you enjoy the driver mod!

mcm5355

Hello! I was try sli 470+570=bluescreen.... nvlddmkm.sys blame. I am try different metods and the result is one. When I try to connect via the nvidia sli mode.

sli 470+570
Will not work, please read the full content of the first post. First three of DEV value must match!
Code:
DEV_06CD = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470"
DEV_1081 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570"
DEV_1086 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 "

Will not work, please read the full content of the first post. First three of DEV value must match!
Code:
DEV_06CD = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470"
DEV_1081 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570"
DEV_1086 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 "
It can work. This device ID thing is just a rough guideline.

Last edited:

mcm5355

It can work. I see sli mode in "nvidia" but when I change to full work and press aply = bluescreen nvlddmkm.sys
GTX 470 id 06cd
GTX 570 id 1081
Anything you can do to these cards could work together?
How can anything change ID? Or is it impossible?

Last edited:
It will say that SLI can be enabled because that is what my driver mod does. If you are having a problem I can't do anything more to help you, try a different driver version or switch the card slot order.

Junket

I'm confused here. I have UAC disabled, admin, and everything extracted into the same folder. Everything patched alright to. (I'm trying this with an MSI 660ti 3GB, and a Gigabyte 770 4GB btw). Why is it doing this? I'm confused!

WARNING I AM NOT IN ANY WAY UNDERSTANDING WHY WHAT I DID WORKED IT JUST DID!

Attempting to SLI GTX560 Ti with a GTX560.

I had the exact same issue as this, my UAC was on 0, I'd even found the regedit version and it was zero, and I still kept getting the "make sure you've extracted the Tool file error" after running the little patch program. Tried it a number of times nothing changed, however I did notice that each time it patched the nvlddmkm.sys file, so I renamed the original one in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ to someting memorable (like .bak) and just copied the patched file into the directory, and rebooted. On reboot the system was in the "i don't know what I am mode" like when you first install the cards, but with the screen in a rubbish config I then tried the install program (running as an administrator) and I got green text and it said it had done something, so I duly rebooted, and bloody marvellous it now works!

sli.gif

Please understand I know exactly nothing, I was simply trying something, I would not recommend doing it if you do not know how to unpick it if it goes up the swanny, but if you are getting a bit frustrated it may be an option.

By the way fabulous work you guys this is a brilliant thing!

Thanks

@Junket you could have removed this line "if not exist "tools\" goto wtfrudoin" from Install.cmd and if you actually had extracted the entire archive, then it would be ok. I do not know why exactly this fails for some people, but if you are sure you have extracted everything into a folder properly, you can remove that line to bypass the check.

ph0

Hi Guys,

First of all, big thanks for this - I took the easy way out of an upgrade and bought a 2nd GTX460 - and ended up with the v2.
Different core, on a smaller die. Figured I was screwed.

When I originally set it up and got it working, this thread still relied on the old method, and 301.42 was the latest.
As you can see from the attached pic, that worked just dandy (despite quite different DEV_IDs I might add).
GPU-Z gets a little confused reporting VRAM amounts (usually says one card has 768mb and the other 1280mb, when they're both the 1gb ver), and NVinspector doesn't like focusing on the v2 card.
EVGA precision works fine for overclocks and I've never had any issues gaming.

Due to a glitch (that ended up being unrelated to the driver) I was having with Arkham Origins I revisited this thread to see if updates had been made, and found the new auto-patcher.
Sad to say whatever they've done in 332.21 seems to have horrendously broken SLI between these cards - as soon as I enable it, things get rather screwy.
One screen will display the oldest information in its card's framebuffer (amusingly the 'starting windows' screen persisted through my session at one point)
While the other will turn on and off and occasionally flash in a psychedelic fashion.

Rolling back to 301.42 with a clean install and the old mod method got them going again.
I haven't tried the newer-old-method drivers, but in case anyone was wondering a GTX460 v1 and v2 together IS possible - just unsure what the latest driver version can be.

gtx460_v1-v2.png

It can work. I see sli mode in "nvidia" but when I change to full work and press aply = bluescreen nvlddmkm.sys
GTX 470 id 06cd
GTX 570 id 1081
How can anything change ID? Or is it impossible?
the 570 is an optimized 480 , the 570 has one of 12 "motor" missing while the 470 has only 10 "motors" [ i think it is rop instead of motors ]

misha1109

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Had this running on windows 8 update to windows 8.1, reinstalled drivers and redid every thing as before but now im receving an error when i run the install, SignTool Error: File not found. iv redownload and try a load of times but it alway gives me that error

any ideas?

running a gtx 560 and gtx 560 ti

Hi Hd, I will mention this to Ember.

Hello all.
Guys please please help me.

I got a gtx 770 4gb and now a new one which is basicly the same only this one is gtx 770oc 4gb. both are from gigabyte.
check them below:

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/14/01/15/a2r.png
http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/14/01/15/99s.png

i did evrey thing like it says in the readme, the patch went well, the install.cmd also went well.
I restart my computer and it is still not working, no sli for me(((

These cards are the same and do not need the SLI patch. I would remove it all and start again with Nvidia's latest driver and no SLI patch.

Having said that, I noticed that one of the cards is running at PCI E 1.1 while the other is on PCI E 3.0 I would have thought the motherboard would have sorted this out automatically. Maybe you should look into that as it could hinder performance.

Last edited:
running at PCI E 1.1 while the other is on PCI E 3.0.
Hi, this is handled automatically by the VBIOS and BIOS to automatically lower specs when idle to save power. If you do a benchmark it will pop back up to PCI-E 3.0.

misha1109

What benchmark are u talking about? Is it in the bios settings? Ive alsp updated my bios with the latest one from asus.

Hello all.
Guys please please help me.

I got a gtx 770 4gb and now a new one which is basicly the same only this one is gtx 770oc 4gb. both are from gigabyte.
check them below:

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/14/01/15/a2r.png
http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/14/01/15/99s.png

i did evrey thing like it says in the readme, the patch went well, the install.cmd also went well.
I restart my computer and it is still not working, no sli for me(((
the patch works with two reboots , did it says so ?
the strange thing in your images is that one gpu is revision A2 the other is FF and bios seems same version ....
did you used 2 sli bridge to connect cards ? may be it/they is/are damaged

misha1109

No i used one. why?
so my cards are the same? becuse i wont be able to return the new one to the store, at least if its a problem is with mother board they will fix it. its just importent i wont get stuck with the new card.
Im using a asus hero motherboard, maybe any 1 knows what i can tweak in the bios in order for it to work?

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Hi, this is handled automatically by the VBIOS and BIOS to automatically lower specs when idle to save power. If you do a benchmark it will pop back up to PCI-E 3.0.

Thanks Ember, this is news to me.

No i used one. why?
so my cards are the same? becuse i wont be able to return the new one to the store, at least if its a problem is with mother board they will fix it. its just importent i wont get stuck with the new card.
Im using a asus hero motherboard, maybe any 1 knows what i can tweak in the bios in order for it to work?

Why did you come to this thread and try this patch? Was it because you got the new card, plugged it in and when the computer booted, you had no SLI option? Or did it have the option but crashed?

mitus-2

Anatomylik you're the number 1. worked for me with a MSI gtx 560 TI + MSI gtx 560
thanks

misha1109

Why did you come to this thread and try this patch? Was it because you got the new card, plugged it in and when the computer booted, you had no SLI option? Or did it have the option but crashed?[/quote]

No, i came here becuse when i bought the card the guys at the store told me that there is a possibility that my gtx is different becusr the new one is OC. And when the sli didnt work i thogut there were right. Thats all.

No i used one. why?
the 770 oc or not is made to sli with others 770 . i have a 3-way-sli with 3 570 of msi , pny and evga having different bioses and frequencies .

if your mainboard is : http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_HERO/
the board is sli bios ready . read it in the middle of the long page .
try to update bios , last one is few days old
the rog forum is very cool and moderators there are doing well , register your board at asus and you ll be a vip in the rog forum .

like i said , you should check the gfx having the FF revision gpu and take it back to the shop if you can , and also directly ask gigabyte support [i would do that first and drop the shop in the dumpster ]

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
the 770 oc or not is made to sli with others 770 . i have a 3-way-sli with 3 570 of msi , pny and evga having different bioses and frequencies .

if your mainboard is : http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_HERO/
the board is sli bios ready . read it in the middle of the long page .
try to update bios , last one is few days old
the rog forum is very cool and moderators there are doing well , register your board at asus and you ll be a vip in the rog forum .

like i said , you should check the gfx having the FF revision gpu and take it back to the shop if you can , and also directly ask gigabyte support [i would do that first and drop the shop in the dumpster ]

Hi Misha,

jcgeny is correct, an 'oc' version should work with your original 770. I do not know why the people at the store would say that.
I do not necessarily agree with jcgeny that the revision 'FF' should make a difference. However if you're saying that you got the new 770, plugged it in, put on the SLI bridge and Windows would not make SLI work, then maybe the revision "FF" is a problem.

i think that it is very strange the FF for one card : that also means a lot of updates... gigabyte should answer quickly if it is its board and all is normal .
the other gpu rev A1 has same bios ....
that is impossible that rev are not equal but bios yes .
i looked in the techpowerup database : http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/in...dth=&slots=&sort=released&q=or+type+to+Search...
there are some 660 , 670 , 680 , 690 , 760 and 770 using the same gpu ...

may be the 770 he got , is an other models flashed with the bios .
nvidia started it : the continual reuse of gpu and set a new name to fool and rip off the customers . mostly because ati has better and more robust cards in all benches and review .["8

misha1109

Guys thank for all your replys.
I noticed that none of the cards work in the second pci-e. Meaning, each one of them work in rhe first pci, the computer turns on and moniter os working. But none of the both cards work in the second pci. The monitor wont turn on.... wtf that means?