• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Star Citizen

Processor Intel i7 4960X
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Video Card(s) 2x eVGA GTX Titan SLI
Storage 1x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, 2x WD Caviar Black 2TB
Display(s) Asus VG23AH
Case Corsair Obsidian 800D
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Hi all,

I'm new here. Usually I'm not interested with space sim because most of them are... well, let's just say (politely) not interesting enough to my standards. Lack of graphics, features etc. etc. and usually got boring after a few hours. But this game reminds me of X series, which actually is the only space sim franchise I spent weeks after weeks playing it because it's just so damn good and addictive. I saw this game when one of my coworkers playing it on his laptop and thought man, somebody remade the X series and I was living under the rock because I never heard anything like this one before. I really, really like to try my hands on Star Citizen soon but unfortunately I have projects to finish (I'm working during Christmas) so I'm looking forward to post-Christmas to play this.

You folks don't mind if I join the club and just read and learn everything about this game (for now), do you?

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
Holy crap, we're at 35 mill....

Ahhzz

Staff member
Also, what's this "golden ticket" I keep hearing about over at RSI forums?
Those that jumped in right at the release date (10-10-10), also referred to as "Original Backers", instead of veterans.

'Rocker, I'm not sure how I pulled my sub to this thread, but I missed the call-out for the TPU org: count me in :)

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Will do! Btw, the Original Backer title is given to people who pledged on Kickstarter, not just on 10-10-10. :)

Processor Intel i7 4960X
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Video Card(s) 2x eVGA GTX Titan SLI
Storage 1x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, 2x WD Caviar Black 2TB
Display(s) Asus VG23AH
Case Corsair Obsidian 800D
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Well, there's nothing to really play in this game yet. But come February or so, we'll be able to dogfight.

Probably the best place to get all/most of the info is here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link?channel=&series=&type=&text=&sort=publish_old

I suppose it is a lot like the X series but more in a FPS style (albeit you're in a cockpit most of the time). :)

Well, I saw my coworker playing something... I don't know, seems like he was mining or gathering something. It's really in a playable state, isn't it? I mean with all those millions of users playing the beta.

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
Well, I saw my coworker playing something... I don't know, seems like he was mining or gathering something. It's really in a playable state, isn't it? I mean with all those millions of users playing the beta.
He wasn't playing star citizen I know that. We have a hanger bay where we can sit in our star ships and feel super. It is alpha not beta.

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11

No, it isn't close to being done. I don't think there's anywhere close to millions of people who backed the game.

System Name My Rig
Processor AMD 3950X
Motherboard X570 TUFF GAMING PLUS
Cooling EKWB Custom Loop, Lian Li 011 G1 distroplate/DDC 3.1 combo
Memory 4x16GB Corsair DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) MSI Seahawk 2080 Ti EKWB block
Storage 2TB Auros NVMe Drive
Display(s) Asus P27UQ
Case Lian Li 011-Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) JBL 30X
Power Supply Seasonic Titanium 1000W
Mouse Razer Lancehead
Keyboard Razer Widow Maker Keyboard
Software Window's 10 Pro
I have thrown in my coin at RSI on a Rear Admiral package. Here's hoping it's not full of regret.

bpgt64 |Hannanh | Constellation | Smuggler | EST

Ahhzz

Staff member
Processor i5-4570 3.2GHz
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Gelid GX7 rev2
Memory 8GB Patriot Black Mamba DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozer
Storage OCZ Agility3 240GB (2x120GB, Raid 0), Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
Display(s) Samsung SM2333HD - 23" 1920x1080
Case Fractal Arc Midi R2
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Corsair HX620W
Software ...
MightySi (here and SC)| Aegis Avenger, Origin M50 | Role ? | TZ GMT

Ahhzz

Staff member
This is where I'll probably end up on controllers....
http://www.saitek.com/x55/
Rhino coming in at pre-order for $199. Supposed to be listed at the 'Egg and Amazon, but not there yet.

Data page under the spoiler.

Military-grade Flight Sim Precision

Inspired by controls found within actual fighter planes, the next-gen X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System for PC provides utmost control over simulated aircraft. Built to the same exacting standards of Saitek's award-winning Pro Flight accessories range, the X-55 Rhino delivers a multitude of customizable options never before seen in an H.O.T.A.S. System. Whether flying a modern fighter, single- or multi-engine aircraft, or even a retro single-seat plane, the X-55 Rhino supplies all the control surface options required to achieve the exact level of aerial performance aspiring pilots demand.
Enhanced Stick Accuracy

During virtual flight – just like true flight – the accuracy of an aircraft's control surfaces is of paramount importance. The X-55 Rhino's control surfaces are incredibly accurate, courtesy of an all-new 16-bit aileron and a 16-bit elevator axis, each employing hall-effect sensors. Developed from the ground up, Saitek's 16-bit axis solution enables extremely precise flight.

Adjustable Stick Force via Advanced 4-Spring System

A ground-breaking, adjustable stick spring system allows pilots to alter the force required to move the stick. Four springs of varying resistance are included to provide a total of five different options. Choose the spring – or no spring at all – which best accommodates your style of flying.

Twin Throttles with Friction Adjuster and Throttle Lock

Using a twin-engine throttle controller is the only suitable method for manipulating a virtual twin-engine aircraft. The X-55 Rhino boasts twin throttles – ideal for situations in which your primary engine is disabled and you're down to one – and also provides the option to adjust the friction required to move them. And if your aircraft of choice is single-engine, a handy throttle lock effectively converts the twin throttles into a single unit.

Bonus Toggles and Rotaries on Backlit Throttle Base

Flight sim accessories used by today's virtual pilots require the highest level of control and customization. The X-55 Rhino showcases additional toggles and rotaries, not based on any particular aircraft, around the throttle base. Seven extra three-way toggle switches and two rotaries allow you to customize this H.O.T.A.S. System to your own specifications.

Individual USB Connectors

The X-55 Rhino's stick and throttle units each utilize their own separate USB connection, offering greater flexibility during customization. You're free to situate the controls exactly where you want them, without the need to keep them tethered to each other.

H.O.T.A.S. Configuration Software Enables Programmable Controls

Saitek's new software provides the ability to completely customize all of the X-55 Rhino's axes and buttons. On the axis side, you can adjust deadbands and response curves to fine-tune axes to respond just like an aircraft's real-life counterparts. On the buttons and toggle side, you can assign any number of in-sim directives, such as speed brake, flares, target lock and pickle weapon. The software also allows programmability for an array of mouse and keyboard commands – from basic single-key inputs to very advanced, timed, and macro commands.

Build the Ultimate Virtual Cockpit

Transform even a modest PC into a virtual cockpit and experience the staggering realism of different flight and emergency situations – complete with realistic weather and flight conditions. Using the X-55 Rhino as a foundation for Saitek's modular accessories, easily add Combat Rudder Pedals and a multitude of Switch, Navigation, and Instrument Panels to fully customize your flight simulator. Commercial or private, seasoned or novice, you have the ability to equip your flight simulation setup with all the essentials needed to vastly improve your skill set and muscle memory.

Compatible with ALL Major Flying Games with the Saitek X-55 H.O.T.A.S. configuration software, including:

• Flight Simulator X
    • Flight Simulator 2004
    • X-Plane 10
    • X-Plane 9
    • DCS World
    • DCS: A-10C Warthog
    • DCS: Black Shark 2
    • DCS: UH-1H Huey
    • Lock On: Modern Air Combat (LOMAC)
    • Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3
    • Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2
    • Lock On: Flaming Cliffs

• aerofly FS
    • Take On Helicopters (TKOH)
    • Rise of Flight
    • Arma 3
    • Falcon 4.0: Allied Force
    • Falcon BMS 4.32
    • World of Warplanes
    • War Thunder

Processor 7800x3d
Cooling Custom Water
Case ThermalTake P3
Rhino coming in at pre-order for $199. Supposed to be listed at the 'Egg and Amazon, but not there yet.

Inspired by controls found within actual fighter planes, the next-gen X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System for PC provides utmost control over simulated aircraft. Built to the same exacting standards of Saitek's award-winning Pro Flight accessories range, the X-55 Rhino delivers a multitude of customizable options never before seen in an H.O.T.A.S. System. Whether flying a modern fighter, single- or multi-engine aircraft, or even a retro single-seat plane, the X-55 Rhino supplies all the control surface options required to achieve the exact level of aerial performance aspiring pilots demand.
Enhanced Stick Accuracy

During virtual flight – just like true flight – the accuracy of an aircraft's control surfaces is of paramount importance. The X-55 Rhino's control surfaces are incredibly accurate, courtesy of an all-new 16-bit aileron and a 16-bit elevator axis, each employing hall-effect sensors. Developed from the ground up, Saitek's 16-bit axis solution enables extremely precise flight.

A ground-breaking, adjustable stick spring system allows pilots to alter the force required to move the stick. Four springs of varying resistance are included to provide a total of five different options. Choose the spring – or no spring at all – which best accommodates your style of flying.

Using a twin-engine throttle controller is the only suitable method for manipulating a virtual twin-engine aircraft. The X-55 Rhino boasts twin throttles – ideal for situations in which your primary engine is disabled and you're down to one – and also provides the option to adjust the friction required to move them. And if your aircraft of choice is single-engine, a handy throttle lock effectively converts the twin throttles into a single unit.

Flight sim accessories used by today's virtual pilots require the highest level of control and customization. The X-55 Rhino showcases additional toggles and rotaries, not based on any particular aircraft, around the throttle base. Seven extra three-way toggle switches and two rotaries allow you to customize this H.O.T.A.S. System to your own specifications.

The X-55 Rhino's stick and throttle units each utilize their own separate USB connection, offering greater flexibility during customization. You're free to situate the controls exactly where you want them, without the need to keep them tethered to each other.

Saitek's new software provides the ability to completely customize all of the X-55 Rhino's axes and buttons. On the axis side, you can adjust deadbands and response curves to fine-tune axes to respond just like an aircraft's real-life counterparts. On the buttons and toggle side, you can assign any number of in-sim directives, such as speed brake, flares, target lock and pickle weapon. The software also allows programmability for an array of mouse and keyboard commands – from basic single-key inputs to very advanced, timed, and macro commands.

Transform even a modest PC into a virtual cockpit and experience the staggering realism of different flight and emergency situations – complete with realistic weather and flight conditions. Using the X-55 Rhino as a foundation for Saitek's modular accessories, easily add Combat Rudder Pedals and a multitude of Switch, Navigation, and Instrument Panels to fully customize your flight simulator. Commercial or private, seasoned or novice, you have the ability to equip your flight simulation setup with all the essentials needed to vastly improve your skill set and muscle memory.

Compatible with ALL Major Flying Games with the Saitek X-55 H.O.T.A.S. configuration software, including:

• Flight Simulator X
    • Flight Simulator 2004
    • X-Plane 10
    • X-Plane 9
    • DCS World

• aerofly FS
    • Rise of Flight
    • Arma 3
    • Falcon BMS 4.32
    • World of Warplanes
    • War Thunder
That is one serious joystick there. I feel intimidated.

System Name :)
Processor Intel 13700k
Motherboard Gigabyte z790 UD AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 64GB GSKILL DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage 960GB Optane 905P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe4 U.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz QD-OLED + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) MOTU M4 - JBL 305P MKII w/2x JL Audio 10 Sealed --- X-Fi Titanium HD - Presonus Eris E5 - JBL 4412
Power Supply Silverstone 1000W
Mouse Roccat Kain 122 AIMO
Keyboard KBD67 Lite / Mammoth75
VR HMD Reverb G2 V2
Software Win 11 Pro
$199 isn't bad at all

Ahhzz

Staff member
$199 isn't bad at all

I'm ambivalent about it right now. I know I'll need a new vid card, and had my hopes set on a solid 280x or a 290, but with the *Coin farming going on, the prices are higher than expected. I really want the joystick to play it (and Elite, I hope), but I know I'll need a new Vid card to handle the game with any playability at all.

Guess I'll "wait and see" on both, and hope the 'farmers go somewhere else before then, and hope for an Amazon sale for the 'stick :)

Random Murderer

The Anti-Midas
System Name TOO MUCH RADIATOR! | The TV Box a.k.a. The Shoebox
Processor Core i7 4930K @ 4.5GHz | Core i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
Cooling Custom water on CPU and GPU, dual 360mm radiators | Corsair H80i
Memory 4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-1600 | 2x 4GB G.Skill RipJaws 4 DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD R9 295x2 | PowerColor AMD HD7970
Storage Samsung SSD 830 256GB, various others | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID1
Display(s) Dell U2713HM 2560x1440 IPS | Panasonic TC-L32E5 1080p IPS TV
Case Thermaltake Suppressor F51 (stripped down to hold two radiators) | Cooler Master Elite 130
Audio Device(s) RM-DAC -> Xiang Sheng 708b -> Sennheiser HD650 | HDMI sound device on 7970
Power Supply LEPA G1600-MA 1600W | Corsair CX750M 750W
Software Win 10 64
Benchmark Scores over 9000 BungholioMarks, "Bitchin' Fast"

Enhanced Stick Accuracy

• Flight Simulator X
    • Flight Simulator 2004
    • X-Plane 10
    • X-Plane 9
    • DCS World

• aerofly FS
    • Rise of Flight
    • Arma 3
    • Falcon BMS 4.32
    • World of Warplanes
    • War Thunder
$199 isn't bad at all
It's up for preorder on the Egg.

Random Murderer

The Anti-Midas
Storage Samsung SSD 830 256GB, various others | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID1
Case Thermaltake Suppressor F51 (stripped down to hold two radiators) | Cooler Master Elite 130
Audio Device(s) RM-DAC -> Xiang Sheng 708b -> Sennheiser HD650 | HDMI sound device on 7970
Software Win 10 64
Not to double post, but I'm bored and was wondering: those of you who have multiple game packages like me, have you started thinking about how you'll divvy up your goods between them and the basis for each character, etc.? I have six game packages, was planning on giving two away to friends, using two as playable char slots (one as a true neutral alignment, the other chaotic evil), and the remaining two as NPCs and beneficiaries to their respective playable character.
Here's how I'm planning on divvying up my ships (subject to change once I get a feel for each in the DFM):
True neutral: Constellation(jack-of-all-trades), Aurora LX(exploration, light mercantile), Avenger(bounty hunting), Super Hornet(combat support, escort, interdiction)
Chaotic evil: Cutlass(piracy, salvage), Aurora LN(support, escort), 350R(ambush, light combat, smuggling)

Ahhzz

Staff member

Ahhzz

Staff member
Not to double post, but I'm bored and was wondering: those of you who have multiple game packages like me, have you started thinking about how you'll divvy up your goods between them and the basis for each character, etc.? I have six game packages, was planning on giving two away to friends, using two as playable char slots (one as a true neutral alignment, the other chaotic evil), and the remaining two as NPCs and beneficiaries to their respective playable character.
Here's how I'm planning on divvying up my ships (subject to change once I get a feel for each in the DFM):
True neutral: Constellation(jack-of-all-trades), Aurora LX(exploration, light mercantile), Avenger(bounty hunting), Super Hornet(combat support, escort, interdiction)
Chaotic evil: Cutlass(piracy, salvage), Aurora LN(support, escort), 350R(ambush, light combat, smuggling)
All mine are tied to a single account (some of us aren't made of money :p ), but will start at least one additional account and move a ship to it, I'm sure. Tried to keep from completely burning thru my credit limit, and managed to refrain until the LTI went away, which was the main carrot. Without that, it's relatively easy to stay away from the shop :)

Random Murderer

The Anti-Midas
Software Win 10 64
All mine are tied to a single account (some of us aren't made of money :p ), but will start at least one additional account and move a ship to it, I'm sure. Tried to keep from completely burning thru my credit limit, and managed to refrain until the LTI went away, which was the main carrot. Without that, it's relatively easy to stay away from the shop :)
That's what did it for me. I was content with my 300i and Constellation LTI until the LTI limited editions were put up for sale on the anniversary. Then it devolved into "Shut up and take my money!"
The only things left in the shop that interest me are the Hornet Ghost and the Freelancer, but both are expensive and neither have LTI, so I'll just earn them in-game. By that time, more ships will have been completed anyway, and something else may catch my eye.

Ahhzz

Staff member
That's what did it for me. I was content with my 300i and Constellation LTI until the LTI limited editions were put up for sale on the anniversary. Then it devolved into "Shut up and take my money!"
The only things left in the shop that interest me are the Hornet Ghost and the Freelancer, but both are expensive and neither have LTI, so I'll just earn them in-game. By that time, more ships will have been completed anyway, and something else may catch my eye.
I am looking forward to getting the Freelancer out and flying, and definitely wish I'd had the money for a connie and maybe a Super hornet, but oh well :) It'll still be a blast, I hope. Just waiting for the DogFight module :)

Random Murderer

The Anti-Midas
Software Win 10 64
I am looking forward to getting the Freelancer out and flying, and definitely wish I'd had the money for a connie and maybe a Super hornet, but oh well :) It'll still be a blast, I hope. Just waiting for the DogFight module :)
Join the TPU organization. When SC goes live, I won't have a problem with any of my TPU or real-life friends taking my LTI ships for a joy-ride. You could run escort for a shipping job in the Super Hornet, or crew/pilot the Connie on said shipping run.
Also keep in mind that all of the ships except the Idris-M and Vanduul Scythe, limited edition or not, will be available in the universe for acquisition, either through purchase or in-game events. So don't sweat that you can't buy the super hornet anymore, you'll be able to earn one ;)

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Organizations should be up any day now. I think I'll be able to get a guy who I've been chatting with to sign up with the TPU squad with an Idris Corvette!

Also, I'm thinking... since we're TPU, our main focus should be on acquiring the best tech in the universe, overclocking parts and things like that. Though, surely we can focus on everything else as well. Tech can be acquired in various ways be it legal or not legal.

Processor i9 9900k @ 4.8 Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z370 Taichi
Cooling Xspc raystorm direct die, 2x 480 swiftech rads + 2x 120 block ice rads D5, Monsoon Dualbay Res
Memory 32gb G.Skill DDR4 3200mhz CL14
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 3080 Ti Waterforce WB shunt mod
Storage Samsung Evo 860 500gb, Samsung Evo 860 1Tb x2, WD White 12tb x2
Display(s) Acer xb270hu 144hz 2560x1440
Case Enthoo Primo
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modi Multibit/Magni3 - M1060 (fuzzor+LQi cable+Eikon suede)/ATH-W1000X (Purrin's mod+suede)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 1300w
Mouse Razer Orochi
Keyboard Tesoro
Software TeamOS W10 Pro/W7 Pro
Organizations should be up any day now. I think I'll be able to get a guy who I've been chatting with to sign up with the TPU squad with an Idris Corvette!

Also, I'm thinking... since we're TPU, our main focus should be on acquiring the best tech in the universe, overclocking parts and things like that. Though, surely we can focus on everything else as well. Tech can be acquired in various ways be it legal or not legal.

I like these things that you say. I like all of them.

Processor 7800x3d
Cooling Custom Water
Case ThermalTake P3

Yes. Excellent.