• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVE online

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
As I heard EVE is probably best mmo game out there,but I'm bit sceptical about its gameplay because its looks so damn complicated.I saying it because I did in past try those free days but quit in first day,probably I was too impatient to understand it.
Anyone playing it?IS it really so good?Is it really worth subscription.Help me decide and convince me to try it out again.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
If you cannot make it through one day of trying to learn how EVE Online works then the game is not for you.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I've played it on and off for the past ten years.. mostly off. It's okay. It requires a lot of time and effort and if you plan on going solo, it will take even more time and effort. Try to find a Corporation to join (one with their own website preferably), find a couple people in the Corp. to help you start off and get underway. Otherwise, it's either mining or killing NPC's for credits for a long time.

If you cannot make it through one day of trying to learn how EVE Online works then the game is not for you.

Yes, this. It will take months to learn.

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Display(s) TV LG C2
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Software Windows 11
IF its takes months than probably its not for me than.DOnt like really slow paced games,where u need to use lots of brains.WIll search something else than, to kill my time.

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
it doesn't take month but more likely years :D (joking aside some month indeed are needed to really get in business) i used to play it a lot and i ran 5 account at once (most of the time 2-3) to do mining/missions/complex running/Wormhole and such, unless you are in a solide corporation (understand team of player) its a bit harder than the average MMO, and if you stray from the way: you're dead meat.

i currently stopped playing because of $$$ (im still not at the point where you can fund your gametime ingame... my main has only 39-42mio skillpoint and the average on the 4 other are 20 to 35mio)

i had a beta and following account from 2004 to 2006 but i gave it to a friend, i don't know if he's still playing it xD or if he sold the main char on it o_O

basically my actual older account is from end 2008 so it's a 6 years account :clap:

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Display(s) TV LG C2
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Software Windows 11
If this mmo was firs mmo I had played than maybe it would work as a good mmo for me,but unfortunately my first mmo was lineage 2 what was simple as whatever,so that made my choice in mmo history.I got that feeling star citizen will be something similar to eve,but I am willing to play that.

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
If this mmo was firs mmo I had played than maybe it would work as a good mmo for me,but unfortunately my first mmo was lineage 2 what was simple as whatever,so that made my choice in mmo history.I got that feeling star citizen will be something similar to eve,but I am willing to play that.

Maybe with the economy but that's about it with Eve and star citizen being similar. Eve is point and click, while star citizen is more FPS style. Star Citizen will be like an online mashup of Wing Commander and Freelancer.

Eve might be good to waste time though. It take a bit to get the basics and flying around, looking at ships and doing little missions isn't too bad.

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
EVE does have a steep learning curve and its gameplay is pretty basic, but I play it on a daily basis and I love the game.

It's kind of crappy, but if you want to get the most out of the game then you'll need to do some advanced planning. The last couple of updates have made the game a little more noob friendly. The ISIS (ship identification) is worth a look and they added Mastery tabs to all of the ships to show what skills to train to get good at piloting any ship in the game.

When you break EVE down, it's a great experience, has a big universe and a lot of people playing in it. I got lucky and ran into a newly formed corporation in lowsec and they've taught me a lot.

Now, you gotta play for more than a day to get into it, you've got to ask questions in the Rookie Chat when you don't understand something. The basics are easy to figure out, but there is a lot going on in EVE and it will take a bit of time to understand it. Do all the tutorial missions, you'll get a few ships, a basic understanding of the different "professions" in the game and a couple million ISK to boot, then you can do the Sisters of EVE Epic Quest Arc which is worth 20 million+ ISK with time rewards and that'll start you off on the right foot.

If you're interested in playing send me a PM and I'll send you a buddy invite for a 21 day trial.

System Name Dire Wolf IV
Processor Intel Core i9 14900K
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z790-I GAMING WIFI
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
Memory 2x24GB Corsair DDR5 6667
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX4080 FE
Storage AORUS Gen4 7300 1TB + Western Digital SN750 500GB
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF (QD-OLED, 3440x1440, 165hz)
Case Corsair Airflow 2000D
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Chuangquan CQ84
Software Windows 11 Professional
As I heard EVE is probably best mmo game out there,but I'm bit sceptical about its gameplay because its looks so damn complicated.I saying it because I did in past try those free days but quit in first day,probably I was too impatient to understand it.
Anyone playing it?IS it really so good?Is it really worth subscription.Help me decide and convince me to try it out again.

This post is long. If you don't feel like reading this long post in its entirety, EVE is not for you :)

EVE is unique due to the combination of its setting (space), design (sandbox) and complex nature. It is a great game, and it is pretty much the only game I play for the past year or so (combine little gaming time available and the allure of doing something that is persistent and affects other players).

That said, it is not for everyone: I tried EVE first back in around 2005, and quit after about an hour. It looked terribly un-intuitive and complex. I've grown up a bit since then, and the same things that did not appeal to me then most certainly appeal to me now.

I say give it another try and see how it works out, but try to bring a patient mindset to it, and follow some basic advice:
  1. Complete ALL the tutorials. DO NOT FLY WHAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE.
  2. Do the Sisters of EVE Epic Storyline arc. DO NOT FLY WHAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE.
  3. Join a player corporation. Preferably one that is either "newbies for newbies" or an organization that is dedicated to teaching players. Good options include:
    • EVE University - Good if you're not a cut-throat PvPer at heart. They have excellent classes and the corp is big enough to have people that do know their way about nearly every possible part of the game. They do have rules you need to follow, however, which may or may not be your thing. That said, you can join most EVE-U classes without being a corp member, and even if you do not join, you should do so.
    • Brave Newbies - The main corp of the 2nd largest alliance in EVE, mostly built from the ground up over the past year or so and with an absolute ton of new players. If you like PvP, like blowing things up, do not mind getting blown up and want to learn while flying by the seat of your pants then this is the corp for you. Rules are pretty much non-existent, drunk flying is common. IMPORTANT: Some corps in game do not like ex-BRAVE pilots, so that might get you blacklisted in the future.
    • Open University of Celestial Hardship (OUCH) - Will teach you how to survive in lawless null security space. I have no personal experience, but I have hard many good things about them. They have a certain amount of rules for you to follow for the time of your stay and require you to "graduate" within a given time frame. They are not a corp to stick with, but rather a place you come to learn, then carry on your way.
  4. Be aware that EVE is a PvP sandbox game. It has no rules. You are not safe anywhere, not even in high security space. Even if you do not find PvP to be your thing, it cannot be avoided in its entirety and attempts to do so are futile and laughable (but you can manage risks, which is what the game is about at times). People will cheerfully shoot you in the face and rob you blind if they can do so. I know I would. In-game scamming is allowed, as well, so you need to be on your toes. If anything looks too good to be true, it is probably a scam. DO NOT FLY WHAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE.
  5. Be respectful. Even if you get killed, don't whine about it. Ask the guy who shot your ship to pieces what you did wrong and how you can do better. Most of us will happily murder a newbie, then turn around and be the nicest people you'll meet online. Paying to replace the (usually very cheap) ship lost is not uncommon as well, but don't go demanding that, you will mocked and ignored. If it is offered, accept gracefully. DO NOT FLY WHAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE.
  6. Bigger is not better: Don't rush to fly the largest ships you can. Skills take time to train, knowledge takes time to accumulate. DO NOT FLY WHAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE.
  7. Expensive things are only as good as you are: Don't go flying expensive ships expecting an I-Win button. You will lose said expensive ships in amusing ways. I've personally parted people from their hard earned ISK because they had no clue what they were doing, even though the on-paper match-up favored them heavily. DO NOT FLY WHAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE.
Finally, it should be noted that the 21-day trial links people give you provide them with a bonus in the form of 1-month subscription, or a PLEX (an in-game item which can be used to activate a month's subscription, or sold for a sizable sum in game). They receive this bonus if you subscribe to EVE after starting a trial via their referral. It is customary to split this bonus (by the referrer selling the PLEX and transferring money in-game to the new player) with the new player who subscribed (up to the person giving the referral what the split will be, but 50-50 is common).

Last edited:
System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
Be respectful. Even if you get killed, don't whine about it. Ask the guy who shot your ship to pieces what you did wrong and how you can do better. Most of us will happily murder a newbie, then turn around and be the nicest people you'll meet online. Paying to replace the (usually very cheap) ship lost is not uncommon as well, but don't go demanding that, you will mocked and ignored. If it is offered, accept gracefully.

This. You will meet a lot of people (including me) that will help the hell out of you after you just lost your ship to me. My current, and only, corp recruited me through murder and I haven't looked back. But then, I was flying in their lowsec space, not knowing I should pay attention to dscan and not knowing exactly how dangerous it was.

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
Honestly getting into eve right now is a bad idea.. The game is on the decline due to bad decisions by the developers. They've already had 3+ key staff jump ship in the last year and the design decisions in these expansions make less and less sense.

I love eve and I've played almost every aspect of the game from mining to null-block leadership but this game is so broken at fundamental levels and ccp just keeping making the situation worse or ignoring the problems.

System Name Dire Wolf IV
Processor Intel Core i9 14900K
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z790-I GAMING WIFI
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
Memory 2x24GB Corsair DDR5 6667
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX4080 FE
Storage AORUS Gen4 7300 1TB + Western Digital SN750 500GB
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF (QD-OLED, 3440x1440, 165hz)
Case Corsair Airflow 2000D
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Chuangquan CQ84
Software Windows 11 Professional
Honestly getting into eve right now is a bad idea.. The game is on the decline due to bad decisions by the developers. They've already had 3+ key staff jump ship in the last year and the design decisions in these expansions make less and less sense.

That is an opinion, and one I do not share.

1) Nobody who jumped ship was "key" or irreplaceable. For the record: CCP has ~500 employees. Saying that a game/company is in "decline" due to to less than 1% of their work force leaving to pursue other interests is rather strange. Not to mention that in the end, Hilmar's vision is what drives EVE Online, and it has not changed.
2) Game balance is probably the best it has been in years and is improving. There have been bad calls (such as the RLML re-balance, which was idiotic), but for the most part, it has been only for the better.
3) The new player experience is immeasurably better as of late, both due to player corporations in place to help newbies and also because a lot of the more complicated and obscure mechanics have been either changed, or clarified and made visually easier to understand. Also, the tutorials are much improved.
4) The battle of B-R5RB has caused a large influx of new blood into the game, which leads to a lot of newbies running around and banding together.

I'd say this is probably the best time to get into EVE online in the past 3 years.

As the saying goes, EVE has been dying ever since it has been launched.

Last edited:
System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x

Bumblebee might be able to help.

It took me about a week to get most things under control and then I was simply doing story missions with half knowledge. It certainly required me to have some assistance as well as research a lot while playing. It also helps to get a bit of a cash float from a friend if you can.

I was a bit spoiled in the end. Within a month I had two Scorpions with max range jamming. I went ride along with some fleets and just sat in the back jamming everything.

The biggest hurdle is simply that the game is so old and evolved now, that you'll never reach or get near the top of anything, whether it's a guild, a corporation, a fleet command, the trading market, the wanted lists etcetc.

If you thought starting a typical MMORPG when everyone was at max level, this is ten times worse.

Lastly, make sure you're not thin skinned. The internet is the biggest arena for a**holes and EVE is full of them.

Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
anyone in any interesting corps/alliances? I resubbed ><

Bittervet looking for a new home
- 2x 20mil sp toons
- 1x aeon alt (Not subbed currently... pretty sure it's going to login and warp to a goon pos which should be entertaining)
- Ex TRIBE capital director/FC/Fleet porn lover

someone recruit me I need some pew :)

Last edited:
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
anyone in any interesting corps/alliances? I resubbed ><

Bittervet looking for a new home
- 2x 20mil sp toons
- 1x aeon alt (Not subbed currently... pretty sure it's going to login and warp to a goon pos which should be entertaining)
- Ex TRIBE capital director/FC/Fleet porn lover

someone recruit me I need some pew :)
i might resub xD damn thread making me want to resub x5 and get my corp back into harassing WH/low/null sec with a 5 alt/1 man corp and no backup ... well i never got into a "real" corp (except between 2004 and 2006) and i did most of my time on EVE "solo" meeting random people and helping them (or not) mining/wormhole/mission/plex... in the end i find ridiculous the "you need to be in a corp/alliance and own a 0.0 to get the most of eve" :D i had a lot of fun with my way of playing and that thread really make me want to get back into it :roll:

now, if only my best pal would agree to resub too ... we could, again, do some suicidale bomb run in WH/0.0 ahah :D, flying what we can't afford to lose and still say "oh well THAT WAS FUN!"( i have a "i don't care about pixels value" syndrome... )

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
its crap. too much complications run the actual fun of the game.

games are supposed to help relax somewhat,

VR HMD Medion Erazer
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
In the process of joining a corp in razor... becoming a goon :D

I've officially fought for the russians, -a-, test, tribe, rol. and now goons :)

VR HMD Medion Erazer
never fought for them, any of them .... against them sometime mostly alone and running... but they just ... disgust me :roll:

be patient, get them alone, and poof no strength anymore (not all luckily ... some of them can also put a real good solo fight) more "glory" in little corp/alliance than in "scam..." aherm "big-gaspowerplant" one

Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
never fought for them, any of them .... against them sometime mostly alone and running... but they just ... disgust me :roll:

be patient, get them alone, and poof no strength anymore (not all luckily ... some of them can also put a real good solo fight) more "glory" in little corp/alliance than in "scam..." aherm "big-gaspowerplant" one

What part of space are you in? I'll gladly do some "solo" pvp

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
I maintain that EVE Online is a fascinating game to read about but a miserable game to play. It's the gaming equivalent of being an accountant. Everyone I know who has played it and tried to get me to join has basically told me you spend the first month or so just learning how basic mechanics work and getting enough resources to actually do anything. Not exactly my idea of a fun time.

Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I played this game for about a year when it first released. I loved it but just didn't have the time to put into it. I've often thought about how great it would have been if I kept my sub going all these years.

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I've been playing it lately... I just hit a giant skill wall.

My experience with this "game" has been problematic. They designed something like chess, but instead of a hand full of pieces you've got a thousand. Level 5 players could easily best a level 10 character, because levels and skill sets were detached. Skills play a huge role in the game, but there's no real way to develop those skills without getting your dangly bits handed to you over and over again. Tutorial exist, but the actual interaction is so complex that a one time tutorial can't get all the information across without being dull.

I guess that Eve is a zoo to me. It's great to stand on the opposite side of the glass, and watch the crazy happen. The recent blood-baths are fun news, but just that. I'd hate to have invested months into building a giant ship, then have it lost in less than an hour. The ability to enter the game is getting better, but managing everything is tougher than it looks to outsiders. Best of all, occasionally the animals kill each other for amusement and profit. While I appreciate the people who are zoo keepers, it just isn't my idea of fun.

Processor C2duo e6750@ 2800mhz
Motherboard GA-P43T-ES3G
Cooling Xigmatek S1283
Memory 2x2Gb Kingstone HyperX DDR3 1600 (KHX1600C9D3K2/4GX )
Video Card(s) HIS HD 6870
Storage samsung HD103SJ
Case Xigmatek Utgard
Audio Device(s) X-FI Titanium Pci-e
Power Supply Xigmatek NRP-PC702 700W
Software win7 ultimate -64bit
Game balance improving after 10 years ? How awesome ! How sounds terrible while you see from this side ?

Bad calls ? RLML nerf ? i forgot how many missile nerf i saw while im playing for example ,or GUI disaster .Do you know what means '' greed is good '' for eve players .Do you know how CCP abondoned eve for years ,until players uprised ?

CCP got lucky and cornered a place in mmo scene without compotetion ,but they are not good , their capacity only allow mediocre 40-55
scored games from 0-100 scale .Dont wait anything good from them ; WORST GAMES of 2013 http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/feature/8135/page/2 ,CCP got second place with Dust514 and after 10 years eve still improving , how awesome.
CCP is a company hides when something bad happenes and try to hide head in the sand like an ostrich https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=101452&find=unread
I played eve for 6.5 years and always always one thing bothered me , Stupity of CCP . Most of you did not spend long time in eve and dont know everything before you ,this is how CCP gets away with a lot of moronic things .

If everything done by CCP is need redone, than what did they do ?

This is not personel , just i know CCPs moronic past and cant close my lips

That is an opinion, and one I do not share.

2) Game balance is probably the best it has been in years and is improving. There have been bad calls (such as the RLML re-balance, which was idiotic), but for the most part, it has been only for the better.

Last edited: