• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Global Cooling - The REAL Inconvenient Truth: Part 1

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Belongs on General Nonsense where Magibeg will come out of nowhere and slay you with science. :laugh:

I'm sure the first thing he would point out is that this not written by climatologists but by an investor/trader looking at economics (oil & gas no less), not climate.

My perspective, and Magibeg would attest to that, is that we don't have enough information to accurately predict anything related to climate. In previous debates, I also brought up the sun repeatedly which seems to be what this article is about. The sun is the reason why greenhouse gases are even relevant.

Last edited:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
They don't say "global warming" any more because there is none. They say "climate change" but it's not like there is such a thing as climate stasis. Here is the bottom line. Any amount of CO2 put into the atmosphere by man is easily handled by Earth. The past 15 years have shown that.

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
They don't say "global warming" any more because there is none. They say "climate change" but it's not like there is such a thing as climate stasis. Here is the bottom line. Any amount of CO2 put into the atmosphere by man is easily handled by Earth. The past 15 years have shown that.

do you really think so?

could you please explain who that is possible when the trees which used to do it are now paper, and the forests are now farms?

can you please explain how the algae which also used to remove lots can do it when it no longer flourishes as the temp of the sea has rose? (but its not global warming? the seas not part of the globe any more when they take up two thirds of the planet?

has the globe not warmed up to the point where we now have next to no arctic?

people need to take their head out of their arses and realise that if we do nothing about it today there will be no tomorrow.

System Name Senile
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Case Rosewill
Mouse Logitech G5
Software Win 10
Belongs on General Nonsense where Magibeg will come out of nowhere and slay you with science. :laugh:

I'm sure the first thing he would point out is that this not written by climatologists but by an investor/trader looking at economics (oil & gas no less), not climate.

My perspective, and Magibeg would attest to that, is that we don't have enough information to accurately predict anything related to climate. In previous debates, I also brought up the sun repeatedly which seems to be what this article is about. The sun is the reason why greenhouse gases are even relevant.

I totally agree, particularly with the latter statement. There are reliable shorter term data (5,000-10,000 yrs), look at the stalactites in the blue sinkholes in the Caribbean, some 100+ below sea level - stalactites only form in air and no evidence that region has any significant form of upheaval.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
do you really think so?

could you please explain who that is possible when the trees which used to do it are now paper, and the forests are now farms?

can you please explain how the algae which also used to remove lots can do it when it no longer flourishes as the temp of the sea has rose? (but its not global warming? the seas not part of the globe any more when they take up two thirds of the planet?

people need to take their head out of their arses and realise that if we do nothing about it today there will be no tomorrow.

should we be good stewards of the environment? of course.

System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
do you really think so?

Hm. Im looking out the window at some trees right now...

Also, the artic is still there. Maybe he's not the one with his head up his ass...

Regardless, don't bring this into GN unless you're ready for a storm lol...

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
could you please explain who that is possible when the trees which used to do it are now paper, and the forests are now farms

While I agree with you, the world's entire population of trees account for about 7% of the worlds CO2 to O2 conversion. The rest is done my microscopic plankton on the sea's surface. We could cut down the entire world's trees, and all that will be affected is, you know, the lack of animals without food chains and habitats. CO2 levels however would increase a little.

Plants actually do the reverse conversion when there is no sun (approx 1/2 of the time, during their entire life). When photosynthesis cannot take place because of the lack of sun energy, the plants start turning O2 into CO2. That is why you should never keep a plant in your bedroom.

Day of the Triphids man.

EDIT: I know this sounds farfetched, but I get the impression the earth can do a much better job at fixing itself than humans can. I believe oil/gas reserves inside the earth will probably run out before permanent irreversable damage is done. I know it sounds crazy, but mother nature (oil and gas are part of the earths natural being after all) has a tendency to have balance in all things. We're part of that, so I reckon we might come pretty close to screwing things up pretty bad, but the earth will more than likely be able to take care of itself when we run out of crap to burn.
We can always burn those damn pigeons for fuel. Nobody likes those.

Last edited:
System Name ---
Processor FX 8350 @ 4.00 Ghz with 1.28v
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 v4.0, Hacked Bios F4.x
Cooling Silenx 4 pipe Tower cooler + 2 x Cougar 120mm fan, 3 x 120mm, 1 x 200 mm Red LED fan
Memory Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866 16GB + Patriot Memory DDR3 1866 16GB
Video Card(s) Asus R9 290 OC @ GPU - 1050, MEM - 1300
Storage Inland 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD for OS, WDC Black - 2TB + 1TB Storage, Inland 480GB SSD - Games
Display(s) 3 x 1080P LCDs - Acer 25" + Acer 23" + HP 23"
Case AeroCool XPredator X3
Audio Device(s) Built-in Realtek
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Modular
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Lets build lots and lots of pointless Bitcoin/other coin mining rigs so we can compensate for Sun's weakness!!

System Name Senile
Case Rosewill
Mouse Logitech G5
Software Win 10
Lets build lots and lots of pointless Bitcoin/other coin mining rigs so we can compensate for Sun's weakness!!

If only bitcoins were made of carbon. That's where we could put it all!

EDIT: I know this sounds farfetched, but I get the impression the earth can do a much better job at fixing itself than humans can. I believe oil/gas reserves inside the earth will probably run out before permanent irreversable damage is done. I know it sounds crazy, but mother nature (oil and gas are part of the earths natural being after all) has a tendency to have balance in all things. We're part of that, so I reckon we might come pretty close to screwing things up pretty bad, but the earth will more than likely be able to take care of itself when we run out of crap to burn. We can always burn those damn pigeons for fuel. Nobody likes those.

THIS! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_hypothesis

They're so cute.

Climate is mixed up yes, we don't know shit, yes, but Groenland will soon be groen/green when all the ice is gone ... Snow in Cairo is the worst argument because it is accidental. Like a fart.
But anyway, something will compensate this drama, maybe we get bigger.... parts... or less hair, for sure haha

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Mouse g502
Software win 10
While I agree with you, the world's entire population of trees account for about 7% of the worlds CO2 to O2 conversion. The rest is done my microscopic plankton on the sea's surface. We could cut down the entire world's trees, and all that will be affected is, you know, the lack of animals without food chains and habitats. CO2 levels however would increase a little.

Plants actually do the reverse conversion when there is no sun (approx 1/2 of the time, during their entire life). When photosynthesis cannot take place because of the lack of sun energy, the plants start turning O2 into CO2. That is why you should never keep a plant in your bedroom.

Day of the Triphids man.

EDIT: I know this sounds farfetched, but I get the impression the earth can do a much better job at fixing itself than humans can. I believe oil/gas reserves inside the earth will probably run out before permanent irreversable damage is done. I know it sounds crazy, but mother nature (oil and gas are part of the earths natural being after all) has a tendency to have balance in all things. We're part of that, so I reckon we might come pretty close to screwing things up pretty bad, but the earth will more than likely be able to take care of itself when we run out of crap to burn.
We can always burn those damn pigeons for fuel. Nobody likes those.

the trees do less than that i would bet now dude, and you missed my next line about algea as it this which does do the lions share i agree. but as the water temp changing it is effecting them more now too. they are not thriving in the water now so they "grow" less and have less impact on the air. they and the corral reeves are already in decline around the world. it is a knock on effect.

nobody knows where we are going but it is not to a future filled with diverse life if you ask me.

you raise the oil/mining/drilling topic and i am glad you did.

what happens to the earth once we have removed the oil and gasses? do you think replacing it with water is going to make no change to it?

for all we know it could be this which is causing the increased frequency of earthquakes and volcanic activity?

we know nothing and the sooner people admit this the sooner we might be able to fix the things we have fucked up.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
The last Ice Age ended within the past 10-20 000 yrs. The receding ice led to the northern continental plates rising, sea levels fell away even though water was released to the oceans because the land rose up. For example Troy was a port city in it's prime (thousands of years ago)- it's now about a mile inland.
Sea level temps are rising and acidification is happening in our oceans - the data is very much there.. We say that 'mother earth' can absorb our damage because we are an incessantly predictable creature that lives in a very brief present in the grand scheme of things.
Scientific American had a very good article last year pointing out that the climate controversy has a very biased funding ratio with 'skeptics' being heavily funded by the agencies which have the most to lose from radical changes to modern life. Right wing conservatives, with strong free market views lean heavily on climate change skepticism (note I am not using the word 'denial' as it has overtly strong connotations).

Whatever the highly vocal minority tend to think and like to post - we are very much fucking up our planet. To refute this is simply nonsense. There IS a reason the UN has met and agreed certain statements recently and it's not some conspiracy nonsense.

To counter the point about Antarctic Sea Ice:

Moreover, the mere extent of sea ice does not necessarily say something about the volume of the ice, because that also depends on the thickness of the frozen layer. And the vast majority of the Antarctic ice mass is located on the Antarctic continent – and there the ice has decreased in recent years as a whole, particularly in West Antarctica.
and

In contrast to the sharp downward trend in September Arctic sea ice, Antarctic September sea ice has been increasing at 1.1 percent per decade relative to the 1981 to 2010 average. “The tiny gain in Antarctica’s ice is an interesting puzzle for scientists,” said NSIDC lead scientist Ted Scambos. “The rapid loss of ice in the Arctic should be ringing alarm bells for everyone.”

What matters is that people are stupid and selfish and those that generally post here and comment on these articles are not scientists and have no background whatsoever. As much as I cannot comment on the surgical procedure for a coronary artery bypass graft, 99.99% of the people on TPU cannot comment with any authority on climate change without relying on petty bias and popular conspiracy culture.

It is the inane and ill thought out regurgitation of editorial climate articles by one sided hacks that does the immense damage to the climate debate. And yes, whilst events like Mount Pinatubo did more damage to the atmosphere than man did in 'x' number of years the fact is, man keeps on doing it without stopping. Nature has lots of brief major events - we do a moderate amount of constant damage. Nature has a knife - we use paper cuts - the final result will be the same.

That CO2 is massively damaging is without debate. The billions if not trillions being spent on Fusion experiments and the global investment in ITER in France should be enough for even the most hardened skeptic to sit up and take notice. Governments don't spend that money without good reason and even then they don't like spending it because the rewards lie far outside their short political tenures.

The only compensation we all have is that yes, we'll die long before we see the true devastation caused by relentless pollution and CO2 emissions. And even then, any number of cataclysmic natural events could wipe us out - mother nature after all has no sense of guilt about extinction events.

But if we have any sense of duty to science and scientific study, for every article you read about climate skepticism you can find another 100 that counter it. Anyhoo, I've said my piece and I can't come back here - too many lazy Sunday skeptics around to argue with and I don't want beaten down to that level.

Enjoy your nonsense.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
we know nothing and the sooner people admit this the sooner we might be able to fix the things we have fucked up.

With 6 billion+ humans on this planet plus politicians, industries and greed nothing will get "fixed". It comes down to the individual making the correct choices in their lives through what they buy and how they throw stuff away.

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Mouse g502
Software win 10
well yea, maybe, start fixing, or even start trying might of been the better ways to word it :)

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
maybe more people would take "climate change" seriously if its spokesperson, Al Gore, didn't live in a 10,000 sqft mansion, have a second home on the ocean in California, fly a private jet, and sell his tv network to an oil company!

System Name dell beast
Processor dual Xeon x5675
Motherboard dell t7500
Cooling stock
Memory 48gb ecc ddr3
Video Card(s) PowerColor 7870 Myst 2gb
Storage 2tb hpe ssd
Display(s) asus 23.8" 1080p
Case t7500
Audio Device(s) XFI soundblaster
Power Supply 1200watt dell
Mouse logitech
Keyboard logitech
Software win10x64
just because money is spent on studies and research doesn't validate the studies and research, they could spend a trillion dollars...but you have to see where the money came from and where it is going, who is pushing agenda's...just look at nutrition research and the "lipid hypothesis"...50+ years of damage to our health and all we have to show for it is Pharma company's showing enormous profits...

human's are wrecking parts of the world...take the rain forest...its terrible what is happening...take nuke test sites...but also look at the huge cycle that happens to the earth, periods of large warming and ice ages have affected the earth since the dawn of time...the sun with different flares, with distances in our orbit, plenty of variables there...

and Al Gore is a twat...though easy rhino said it better...

System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Mouse g502
Software win 10
In contrast to the sharp downward trend in September Arctic sea ice, Antarctic September sea ice has been increasing at 1.1 percent per decade relative to the 1981 to 2010 average. “The tiny gain in Antarctica’s ice is an interesting puzzle for scientists,” said NSIDC lead scientist Ted Scambos. “The rapid loss of ice in the Arctic should be ringing alarm bells for everyone.”

no it's not. really not if you think about it. as the water temp goes up it melts ace. the ice is what made the arctic cold and without more ice the remaining ice gets warmer. this in turn puts more liquid into the global water chain. this is the reason for the increased flooding. this is the reason for the step up in severity of the storms everywhere. we are having back to back records in droughts then rainfall. this is not normal by any means but the worst in recorded history!

weather comes from 3 main things the heat off the sun, the liquid on the planet and the changes in air temps on its surface. with more liquid in the system it is fuelling the more ferocious storms. higher seasonal tides for longer periods and ultimately the antarctica ice growth is in relation to the extra liquid in the system too. it is less effected by the slight rise in sea temps.

System Name Main/DC
Processor i7-3770K/i7-2600K
Motherboard MSI Z77A-GD55/GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14CS/H80
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) LP /4GB Kingston DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 660 Ti/MSI HD7770
Storage Crucial MX100 256GB/120GB Samsung 830 & Seagate 2TB(died)
Display(s) Asus 24' LED/Samsung SyncMaster B1940
Case P100/Antec P280 It's huge!
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply SeaSonic SS-660XP2/Seasonic SS-760XP2
Software Win 7 Home Premiun 64 Bit
Follow the money. To find the truth in politics, follow the money. Do I believe that we should be good stewards, of course!
Let me illustrate with ethanol, especially corn based ethanol. It takes somewhere around a gallon of petroleum to produce a gallon of ethanol which only has 80% of the energy per gallon that petroleum has, but yet we've (in the USA) subsidized the industry with (I'm not sure here with the exact amount) billions of dollars, which we don't have. I call this the perfect storm. To the uninformed, ethanol looks like a good thing for the planet, even though environmentalists have said that this will cause great harm to the earth from soil erosion, pesticides, and fertilizer run off. So the Democrats are for it because it looks "green". Republicans are for it because it is "pro business". And since ethanol is "green", it's not PC to criticize it. Why don't we make those who produce ethanol use only ethanol in its production?:roll:
That CO2 is massively damaging is without debate.
NEVER EVER trust a scientist or politician who says that something is not debatable. If they have the evidence, they should want to present it. Too many times the results are found to be faulty when examined with scrutiny. The Washington state climatologist (I'm not sure that was his title) was fired after it was pointed out that he had "cherry picked" data to prove his view. BTW, if CO2 is so harmful, why don't we just bottle it all up? How long do you think you'd live? Also, I've never seen the main stream media talk about the FACT that mankind's production of CO2 is insignificant in comparison to the amount the earth produces naturally. Look it up. The evidence is out there.

If you are a scientist, you can get government money to research GW'ing, but not to disprove it. We get the results that we pay for because the scientists want to keep the money, their jobs, and the fame. So the only money available to research the validity of that science comes from private funds. Then those who are pro-GW'ing accuse them of having a hidden agenda. When I see the billions that have been spent by the governments, I have no problem seeing an agenda. Money corrupts science, especially when it is given with instructions.

Why is such vitriol thrown at those who simply ask questions? Reminds me of past socialist regimes.

If the ocean levels are going to rise, and it seems that no matter what we do, we will have very little affect on the outcome, shouldn't we be preparing to help people move away from low lying areas? I see a time in the future when it is obvious that we need to help people but there will be no money. Then we'll show them our "green energy" stuff and say "Aren't you proud of us? Look at all we did to help you. Sorry you're drowning."

The Oregon State Climatologist was a believer in man made global warming, until he studied the data and reversed his opinion. He has stated that if the evidence ever shows him otherwise, he will change his opinion. Sounds like a scientist, no? Follow the data. He was famously fired because he was not in agreement with the Governor at the time. The scientist fired by the PC governor. The same governor who decreed that all gas in the sate of Oregon must have ethanol, even when it was pointed out to the politicians that ethanol would cause harm in some cases. People had boat tanks dissolve, but of course the governor did not pick up the tab for the repair bills.

Take the time to talk to someone 80-90 years old. Ask them what the weather was when they were younger.

Is there climate change? Duh! There has always been climate change.

Answer me this. What affect are these having on the atmosphere? "At the end of 2012 there were 225,000 turbines spinning in 79 countries worldwide." Think about it. The atmosphere is an energy system and we are pulling energy from it. Do we have any idea what effect we are having? The atmosphere is only 60 miles thick and 2/3 of it is below 14,000 feet. If you are a baseball player, and you cause a ball to kill a bird, you will be fined. What about the birds being killed by turbines? It's not PC to ask that question.

I could go on and on. The head of the UN's IPCC is not a scientist.

Last edited:
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Thats a lot of herring.

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
Follow the money. To find the truth in politics, follow the money. Do I believe that we should be good stewards, of course!
Let me illustrate with ethanol, especially corn based ethanol. It takes somewhere around a gallon of petroleum to produce a gallon of ethanol which only has 80% of the energy per gallon that petroleum has, but yet we've (in the USA) subsidized the industry with (I'm not sure here with the exact amount) billions of dollars, which we don't have. I call this the perfect storm. To the uninformed, ethanol looks like a good thing for the planet, even though environmentalists have said that this will cause great harm to the earth from soil erosion, pesticides, and fertilizer run off. So the Democrats are for it because it looks "green". Republicans are for it because it is "pro business". And since ethanol is "green", it's not PC to criticize it. Why don't we make those who produce ethanol use only ethanol in its production?:roll:

Not only is Ethanol a colossal waste of money and resources, but ethanol also really damages just about every part in the engine, and ancillary systems from the fuel system to the exhaust.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Not only is Ethanol a colossal waste of money and resources, but ethanol also really damages just about every part in the engine, and ancillary systems from the fuel system to the exhaust.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_T

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel_in_Brazil

The issue is using corn to produce ethanol, there are much better substitutes for corn, it just happens we grow a lot of it for multiple reasons, and idiots decided to use it.

Ethanol doesn't damage engines.