• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec Nine Hundred

Well, it's time to start working on my rig again. Does anyone have any good cable management tips when working with the Antec 900 case? This has go to be the worse case to manage cables in.

d44ve

Processor Intel E6600 @ 4.2GHZ Wo0t!
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme & eVGA 680i A1
Cooling Phase Change !!
Memory OCZ SLI 1066MHZ (2GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 8800 GTX
Storage Western Digital 320 GB
Case Antec 900
Power Supply Lian-Li V2000
Software Vista Ultimate
Well, it's time to start working on my rig again. Does anyone have any good cable management tips when working with the Antec 900 case? This has go to be the worse case to manage cables in.

What I ended up doing is inverting the PSU so that the wires are coming out toward the back of the computer (by the motherboard try). Then running the wires directly up and behind the motherboard.

Also, for the Molex & SATA power connectors.... I ran them behind the MB and then out halfway up the MB. This way they came out right where my drives were.

If your wires are to thick, you can get creative with a dremal..... I had to do this too. I cut out a hole right next to the PSU and ran the wires behind the MB try. BEFORE you do that, make sure the cables are long enough to reach their final destination, or else you just cut holes in the try for no reason.

The 900 is a great case... but whoever thought of putting the PSU on the bottom was an idiot..... or at least didnt care about cable managment!

Good luck.

:toast:

System Name [Primary Workstation]
Processor Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield @ 3.8GHz/4.55GHz [24-7/Bench]
Motherboard EVGA X58 E758-A1 [Tweaked right!]
Cooling Cooler Master V8 [stock fan + two 133CFM ULTRA KAZE fans]
Memory 12GB [Kingston HyperX]
Video Card(s) constantly upgrading/downgrading [prefer nVidia]
Storage constantly upgrading/downgrading [prefer Hitachi/Samsung]
Display(s) Triple LCD [40 inch primary + 32 & 28 inch auxiliary displays]
Case Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 [Mesh Mod, CFM Overload]
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D1 + onboard Realtek ALC889A [Logitech Z-5300 Spk., Niko 650-HP 5.1 Hp., X-Bass Hp.]
Power Supply Corsair TX950W [aka Reactor]
Software This and that... [All software 100% legit and paid for, 0% pirated]
Benchmark Scores Ridiculously good scores!!!
Antec's mantra: Weird for the sake of "look at that!" factor.

For cable management I recommend zip ties. Lots and lots of zip ties. Same advice goes for any case really. I have 4 case fans and 8 thermal probes including plenty of power cabling. Almost an hour of fiddling and about 300 zip ties later (and some inventive wire placement) you can barely notice any wires in my primary machine.

Flamingsupernova

Processor Intel Q6600 @ 2.66 gHz Stock Cooler
Motherboard ASUS STRIKER II 780i
Cooling 4x 120mm Fans, Stock CPU HSF
Memory Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) INNO 3D 8800GT 600/900/1500
Storage 2x SATA-300 320gb WD 16mb HDD's in RAID 0
Display(s) ASUS VKU 222 22" Widescreen w/ 1.3 MP Webcam
Case Antec P182 Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX II HD Audio - PCI-e 1x
Power Supply Antec NeoHe 650w Modular
Software Windows XP Pro SP3
Benchmark Scores 11,676 on 3DMARK 06
You can also buy velcro straps for ease of adjustment, which work very effectively aswell. I've used them in my main rig along with zip ties, and its worked perfectly.

intel igent

System Name old school / new school
Processor 3.0e C0 @ 3.6 / e5200
Motherboard p4p800e-dlx / p5q-DLX
Cooling custom water see sig / air
Memory 2x1g oczPC4000EbPl / 2x2g ocz2rpr1066
Video Card(s) 3850AGP / 4890vaporX
Storage 36g raptor+120g wd / wd 1001fals 1tb
Display(s) BenQ / sharpAQUOS LC-37D64U
Case modded antec plusview / generic
Audio Device(s) audigy 2zs / ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3
Power Supply fan/cable modded powerstream 520 / OCZ 700mxsp
Software Xp pro SP2 / VISTA ultimate OEM
good tip from d44ve about inverting the psu ;)

my advice: DREMMEL and patience/planning.

excellent case just needs a little TLC.

lcjones

Hi guys,

I’m new here, I came accros this post when I was googling for Antec Nine Hundred. I’m about to embark on my first build, and I’ve had this case recommended to me as being easy to work with.

Now I’m getting a bit discouraged reading about its poor cable managing capabilities.

Could you tell me how big a difference it will make temperature wise if the cables clutter a bit? I don’t case if the computer looks messy, as long as it doesn’t get overly hot. (Sorry if it sounds sacrilegious.) :)

Btw., I’m getting a Q6600 CPU, but I won’t overclock it.

Cheers

Bonerheimer_c

Processor Intel Q9300 @ 3.4 gHz
Motherboard Gigabyte P35-DS3R
Cooling Danger Den TDX CPU block, Maze 4 gpu block
Memory 4GB Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) ATI 4850 w/ Maze 4 GPU Block
Storage 2 80GB WD in RAID 0, 1 400GB Samsung External
Display(s) Samsung 25.5"
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) On board, which is decent on this board
Power Supply OCZ Gamexstream 700W
Software XP Pro x64
I have this case and I LOVE IT. I build computers often and this is one of my favorite cases I have ever used. I do not have to worry about temps at all. I a PC for friend and with the 900, a thermalright ultra-90 and a Q6600 overclocked to 3.4GHz his idle and load temps where barely above my watercooling. If you get an extra 120 for the side it does a great job of keeping your video card temps down as well.

Fitseries3

Eleet Hardware Junkie
i love my 900!!! check my system specs and you'll see, i stuffed it to the max! (other than hard drives, that comes next) as far as cable management... it WAS tough to get everthing situated with my enermax galaxy and 2 8800 ultras. all of the cables BARELY fit under the back section of the cards. ANTEC should have left an opening so you could hid some of the cables behind the motherboard tray.

lcjones

Thanks for your replies. :)

Are you saying that if I manage to get all the cables in place (and maybe apply a few zip ties), I should be okay temp. wise when not oc'ing, even though the cables may look a bit of a mess?

Btw., you can see the other parts I'm getting here (Apart from the P182 case, obviously. :) I will go with the 620HX PSU .)

Anyway, overall do you agree that the Nine Hundred is a good choice for a first build? (When the builder is a highly clueless noob.)? :)

Cheers.

Bonerheimer_c

Processor Intel Q9300 @ 3.4 gHz
Motherboard Gigabyte P35-DS3R
Cooling Danger Den TDX CPU block, Maze 4 gpu block
Memory 4GB Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) ATI 4850 w/ Maze 4 GPU Block
Storage 2 80GB WD in RAID 0, 1 400GB Samsung External
Display(s) Samsung 25.5"
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) On board, which is decent on this board
Power Supply OCZ Gamexstream 700W
Software XP Pro x64
If you try at all to manage your cables, temps should be no problem. Even if you do a crappy job, you most likely will still have no problems. This thing moves a ton of air.

Fitseries3

Eleet Hardware Junkie
yeah, it moves A LOT of air!!! i suggest you put the intake fans on medium and the exhaust on medium of high, depending on how quiet you want it to be. as for the big 220mm fan up top.... i run it on high and you cant even tell it's there other than the huge amount of air coming out of the top of the case.

good luck:rockout: