• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dell and Microsoft Support (PRODUCT) RED

Jimmy 2004

System Name Jimmy 2004's PC
Processor S754 AMD Athlon64 3200+ @ 2640MHz
Motherboard ASUS K8N
Cooling AC Freezer 64 Pro + Zalman VF1000 + 5x120mm Antec TriCool Case Fans
Memory 1GB Kingston PC3200 (2x512MB)
Video Card(s) Saphire 256MB X800 GTO @ 450MHz/560MHz (Core/Memory)
Storage 500GB Western Digital SATA II + 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA
Display(s) Digimate 17" TFT (1280x1024)
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Audigy 4 + Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX520W
Software Windows XP Home
Dell and Microsoft Corp. will offer customers a simple way to make a difference in the fight against AIDS in Africa through the purchase of unique (PRODUCT) RED branded personal computers and a printer. Adding to the premium experience, all Dell (PRODUCT) RED PCs are powered by Windows Vista Ultimate (PRODUCT) RED. Dell is the exclusive partner for PCs and peripherals for (PRODUCT) RED.

Dell (PRODUCT) RED products will be available at http://www.dell.com/joinred and at Best Buy stores throughout the United States by the end of the week. Beginning Jan. 31, they also will be available through Dell in nearly 30 additional countries.

(RED), launched in 2006, is a brand designed to engage business and consumer power in the fight against AIDS in Africa. To date, (RED) partners have contributed more than $57 million to the Global Fund based on the sale of (PRODUCT) RED products. (RED) funds are at work on the ground in Rwanda, Swaziland and Ghana.

With each purchase of a (PRODUCT) RED branded Dell personal computer including Windows Vista Ultimate (PRODUCT) RED, Dell and Microsoft will make a combined contribution of $50 to $80, depending on the PC purchased, to the Global Fund. Purchase of a Dell (PRODUCT) RED printer generates a $5 Dell contribution. One hundred percent of the funds contributed go to Global Fund-financed grants in Africa.

An $80 contribution generated by the choice of a Dell (PRODUCT) RED all-in-one PC with Windows Vista Ultimate (PRODUCT) RED is equivalent to more than six months of life-saving antiretroviral treatment for an individual living with AIDS in Africa.

"The computer has revolutionized our lives; the (RED) Dell Microsoft partnership goes a step further with PCs which channel money to the Global Fund," said Bono, co-founder of (RED). "It's a truly beautiful idea that the purchase of a stylish PC can put someone on lifesaving ARV treatment for six months."

Dell (PRODUCT) RED products are distinguished by their vibrant red color and accents, and distinctive (PRODUCT) RED branding. All Dell (PRODUCT) RED PCs feature Intel Core 2 Duo processors. Windows Vista Ultimate (PRODUCT) RED includes six unique desktop wallpapers, a screensaver, two Windows Sidebar gadgets and a (RED)-themed Windows DreamScene.

Dell (PRODUCT) RED products include the following:
  • XPS One (PRODUCT) RED. The elegant, simple and space-saving XPS One combines multimedia computing with high style, high-definition television and entertainment, and is a distinctive addition to any room in the home. Starting at $1,599. (Purchase contributes $80 to the Global Fund)
  • XPS M1330 (PRODUCT) RED. With a starting weight of just under 4 pounds and featuring an ultrathin 0.9-inch profile, the award-winning XPS M1330 notebook features a high-definition 13.3-inch display, full-sized keyboard, built-in Wi-Fi and optional mobile broadband wireless for connecting on the go. Starting at $1,149. (Purchase contributes $50 to the Global Fund)
  • XPS M1530 (PRODUCT) RED. The XPS M1530 is a sleek and stylish 15.4-inch notebook that is loaded with premium features such as built-in webcam and fingerprint reader, and design accents such as touch-sensitive multimedia buttons and brushed aluminum accents. Starting at $1,149. (Purchase contributes $50 to the Global Fund)
  • 948 All-in-One Printer (PRODUCT) RED. The 948 printer features easy-to-use fax, scan, copy and print functions and photo printing options - available with or without connection to a computer. Starting at $149. (Purchase contributes $5 to the Global Fund).

"The RED campaign is making a tangible difference in the lives of people living with AIDS in Africa," said Michael Dell, Dell chairman and CEO. "We've seen what computers can do for keeping people connected, but with (RED), the sale of these products will actually help keep people alive. We couldn't be more proud to be part of this initiative."

"The combination of Microsoft, (RED) and Dell means consumers can help in the fight against AIDS in Africa by buying a great Dell PC that comes loaded with the best version of Windows Vista, with each purchase funding up to six months of life-saving drugs for someone in Africa through the Global Fund," said Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft. "The (RED) business model is a powerful way for consumers to use their purchasing power to help bring about positive change in the world, and we are pleased to have Windows Vista Ultimate (PRODUCT) RED be an engine for that change."

About (RED) and (PRODUCT) RED
(RED) was established to engage the private sector in raising awareness and funds for the Global Fund, to help fight AIDS in Africa. Companies whose products take on the (PRODUCT) RED mark contribute a significant percentage of the sales or portion of the profits from that product to the Global Fund to finance AIDS programs in Africa, with an emphasis on the health of women and children. Current partners are: American Express (U.K. only), Apple, Converse, Gap, Emporio Armani, Motorola, Sprint, Hallmark, Dell and Microsoft. MySpace.com is the first media sponsor in the United Kingdom and MTV Networks is the first media sponsor in the US.

Since its launch in the spring of 2006, (RED) has generated more than $57 million for the Global Fund. (RED) money is already at work in Swaziland, Rwanda and Ghana. For more information, visit http://www.joinred.com.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited:
System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
“The RED campaign is making a tangible difference in the lives of people living with AIDS in Africa,” said Michael Dell, Dell chairman and CEO.

Oh yeah -- I mean, just look at it. Africa is so much a better place now than it was 5 years ago. I'm totally moving there next year.

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
at least its trying to make a difference.

i like the red look

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
So do i wl very snazzy.

effmaster

Processor Core Duo T2250 1.73 GHZ
Memory 2 GB DDR2
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GEForce Go 7600 256 MB
Storage 120 GB
Display(s) 17 inch notebook
Case metallic grey
Audio Device(s) Creative xmod (though that doesnt really count as a sound card lol)
Power Supply power plug and battery
Software Lots of it
Current partners are: American Express (U.K. only), Apple, Converse, Gap, Emporio Armani, Motorola, Hallmark, Dell and Microsoft. MySpace.com is the first media sponsor in the United Kingdom and MTV Networks is the first media sponsor in the US.

I thought that Sprint was also a part of this campaign. I know that they were at least involved with it last year with the purchase of a Red Motorola Razor exclusively from Sprint and that with each Purchase of a red RAZOR Sprint would would make a contribution to AIDS in Africa. There were campaigns for it at the taile end of each sprint Commercial on Television.

Am I wrong in that Sprint should also be listed?

jammy86

System Name Vostro 200
Processor C2d E6550 (2.33Ghz) 1333MHz
Motherboard Foxconn (dell) G33M02 - bearlake
Cooling Stock Dell supplied cooler(awful) with coolmaster 80mm PWM fan. 92mm POS case fan.
Memory Samsung M378T2953EZ3-CE6 2048meg 667MHz
Video Card(s) HIS 3870 ICEQ3
Storage 2x WD2500JS-75NCB3 (250gb sata)
Display(s) Acer AL1722, Benq T904 (Desktop res: 2560x1024)
Case Dell Vostro 200
Audio Device(s) Auzntech X-Fi Prelude through Gale 4020's + Gale sub
Power Supply Corsair HX 520w
Software Vista Bis 32bit (winamp, vlc and Ultramon FTW)
Benchmark Scores Struggling to break 10K on 3d06.
I can sell you all a lazer cut replacement for the dell logo for your dell products known as Dell Black.

When Dell Black products are made they suck the souls and memories from Cats, dogs, rabits, squirrels, small children, the metally disabled and of course hobo's, out and form pure evil which will boost your 3d06 score by at least 1500. It'll leave a bunch of retarded zombie things kicking about, but you'll look cool.

JAmes.

Richieb0y

System Name Made by Richieb0y
Processor Intel I7 860 2,8 Ghz
Motherboard Asus P7P55D
Cooling CrosAir H50
Memory Crosair XMS DDR3 1600Mhz 8GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire 6950 2G >>> 6970 [C 880mhz\M 1375mhz]
Storage SSD OCZ Vertex 60GB AHCI + Seagate Barracuda 250GB 16Mb + WD Caviar SE16 250GB 16Mb Raid0
Display(s) 21' Samsung LCD TV/Monitor 1650x1050
Case Cooler Master CM 690 4x 12cm / 2x 12cm Outtake / Titan Slotcooller 8cm
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CorsairTX, 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate E x64
Benchmark Scores 18606 3DMarks06 P18690 3DMarksVantage P4966 3DMarks11
how do i get those folders on my desktop i made a thread a while ago but know knew how to or dint understand me

can some help me whit that

jammy86

System Name Vostro 200
Processor C2d E6550 (2.33Ghz) 1333MHz
Motherboard Foxconn (dell) G33M02 - bearlake
Cooling Stock Dell supplied cooler(awful) with coolmaster 80mm PWM fan. 92mm POS case fan.
Memory Samsung M378T2953EZ3-CE6 2048meg 667MHz
Video Card(s) HIS 3870 ICEQ3
Storage 2x WD2500JS-75NCB3 (250gb sata)
Display(s) Acer AL1722, Benq T904 (Desktop res: 2560x1024)
Case Dell Vostro 200
Audio Device(s) Auzntech X-Fi Prelude through Gale 4020's + Gale sub
Power Supply Corsair HX 520w
Software Vista Bis 32bit (winamp, vlc and Ultramon FTW)
Benchmark Scores Struggling to break 10K on 3d06.
What are you on about?

JAmes

Jimmy 2004

System Name Jimmy 2004's PC
Processor S754 AMD Athlon64 3200+ @ 2640MHz
Motherboard ASUS K8N
Cooling AC Freezer 64 Pro + Zalman VF1000 + 5x120mm Antec TriCool Case Fans
Memory 1GB Kingston PC3200 (2x512MB)
Video Card(s) Saphire 256MB X800 GTO @ 450MHz/560MHz (Core/Memory)
Storage 500GB Western Digital SATA II + 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA
Display(s) Digimate 17" TFT (1280x1024)
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Audigy 4 + Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX520W
Software Windows XP Home
how do i get those folders on my desktop i made a thread a while ago but know knew how to or dint understand me

Are you talking about the thing when you have more than one window open and you press the Windows and Tab keys? If so, it's not folders, its flip 3D. Sort of like Alt-Tab, but with the Windows key instead of Alt.

System Name n.audBl
Processor E8500 @ 3.80GHz
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme
Cooling Full liquid (everything except power supply)
Memory 4Gb OCZ DDR2 PC9600
Video Card(s) Dual EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition
Storage Dual WD Raptor in RAID 0 (300Gb), Dual WD 1Tb Cavair in RAID 1
Display(s) Dell 2407 24" HD+ Widescreen
Case Theraltake Tai-Chi
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Fata1ty (bleh!)
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Win 7 64bit

dint confused are we is present

Richieb0y

System Name Made by Richieb0y
Processor Intel I7 860 2,8 Ghz
Motherboard Asus P7P55D
Cooling CrosAir H50
Memory Crosair XMS DDR3 1600Mhz 8GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire 6950 2G >>> 6970 [C 880mhz\M 1375mhz]
Storage SSD OCZ Vertex 60GB AHCI + Seagate Barracuda 250GB 16Mb + WD Caviar SE16 250GB 16Mb Raid0
Display(s) 21' Samsung LCD TV/Monitor 1650x1050
Case Cooler Master CM 690 4x 12cm / 2x 12cm Outtake / Titan Slotcooller 8cm
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CorsairTX, 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate E x64
Benchmark Scores 18606 3DMarks06 P18690 3DMarksVantage P4966 3DMarks11
Are you talking about the thing when you have more than one window open and you press the Windows and Tab keys? If so, it's not folders, its flip 3D. Sort of like Alt-Tab, but with the Windows key instead of Alt.

yea i mean that window fliping

and sry about my english in last post its crap i know;)

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
at least its trying to make a difference.

i like the red look

People have been trying to make a difference in Africa for the past half century or so. Something tells me it isn't working.

I really, really, really hate to get quasi-political here, but how many special edition iPod's or Dell Notebooks do we have to buy before something actually happens, like, I don't know, LESS CORRUPT AFRICAN GOVERNMENTS?

Use Windows key + Tab, like Jimmy said, it's the fancy alt-tab. Looks good, and works well. Problem is, you have to hold down Windows key if you just want to stare at it for a while.

They could probably contribute more money to the cause, but it's still better than nothing.
If I hadn't already bought my m1330, and was looking for a laptop now, I'd possibly buy the (RED) one. It's no more costly than a normal one, it seems, and it still looks just as good (or better, since I like the snazzy background and the red icons on the sidebar).
The XPS One is a brilliant looking system though, and it looks awesome in that red.

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
People have been trying to make a difference in Africa for the past half century or so. Something tells me it isn't working.

I really, really, really hate to get quasi-political here, but how many special edition iPod's or Dell Notebooks do we have to buy before something actually happens, like, I don't know, LESS CORRUPT AFRICAN GOVERNMENTS?

i agree but the amount of moeny that gets pumped in some of it will get to educate the people then the people can do something for them selves. i hope. still its good to see big companies do good things at least

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
i agree but the amount of moeny that gets pumped in some of it will get to educate the people then the people can do something for them selves. i hope. still its good to see big companies do good things at least

I wish I had your optimism. :shadedshu

Yeah, well, America is trying to steal oil control the hostile situation in the Middle East, so they're a bit busy to go and fix the real problems in Africa right now.
And of course, the idiots in Britain always suck up to them, so they're not going to move their troops to Africa. I think the European governments now just want to let the past teach them not to meddle with Africa... problem being after the slavery, things broke down, because of the meddling going on, so meddle we must, to save that once great continent.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Yeah, well, America is trying to steal oil control the hostile situation in the Middle East, so they're a bit busy to go and fix the real problems in Africa right now.
And of course, the idiots in Britain always suck up to them, so they're not going to move their troops to Africa. I think the European governments now just want to let the past teach them not to meddle with Africa... problem being after the slavery, things broke down, because of the meddling going on, so meddle we must, to save that once great continent.

...and if the meddling only helps support corrupt governments who turn around and spend the money on weapons to kill each other with? I do want to help people -- I really do -- but I don't think all these "aid" organizations that do little but funnel kabillions of dollars/euros/pounds into Africa are really helping.

All the Global Fund does (with RED's money) is work with the governments of these countries -- says so on their site -- so, instantly, I'm not feeling very confident that the money is being used well.

Last edited:
Processor E6700@3447 (383.1*9)24/7; 3735(415*9)for benchies
Motherboard P5B dlx
Cooling Zalman cnps 9700 led; 1Thermaltake enlobel 120mm; 1Noctua 120 and 2NZXT 120 mm case fans
Memory Corsair Twinx 2Go Pc6400c4 @ 478.9 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) hd 2900 xt @850/1050
Storage 400G Seagate; 75Go WD raptor (system disk)
Display(s) Sony h70
Case Modded NZXT apollo
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X-FI audio / Altec 2.1
Power Supply Enermax Infinity 720W
Software XP pro sp2
Benchmark Scores 3DMark=12907
60 mega more people

...and if the meddling only helps support corrupt governments who turn around and spend the money on weapons to kill each other with? I do want to help people -- I really do -- but I don't think all these "aid" organizations that do little but funnel kabillions of dollars/euros/pounds into Africa are really helping.

All the Global Fund does (with RED's money) is work with the governments of these countries -- says so on their site -- so, instantly, I'm not feeling very confident that the money is being used well.

SAy they save people from dying of aids.........whats next: die of hunger........tough choice for Africa as the Bank accounts in Switzerland, and the villas in Saint Tropez grow:confused::confused:

I'll have mine black thank you:D

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
funny isn windows vista like aids for computers or did i miss something

Processor E6700@3447 (383.1*9)24/7; 3735(415*9)for benchies
Motherboard P5B dlx
Cooling Zalman cnps 9700 led; 1Thermaltake enlobel 120mm; 1Noctua 120 and 2NZXT 120 mm case fans
Memory Corsair Twinx 2Go Pc6400c4 @ 478.9 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) hd 2900 xt @850/1050
Storage 400G Seagate; 75Go WD raptor (system disk)
Display(s) Sony h70
Case Modded NZXT apollo
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X-FI audio / Altec 2.1
Power Supply Enermax Infinity 720W
Software XP pro sp2
Benchmark Scores 3DMark=12907
System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Ah yes, corporations playing the sympathy card...

Shame about problems in Africa, but how about dealing with some problems in the States?

Help your own before you help others.

Just another reason to vote Ron Paul! lol

Vista Wallpapers

Hey, does anyone have the wallpapers for the Windows Vista Ultimate RED. I lost them when my HD Failed and I'm trying to find them. My restores won't bring them back for some reason. Reply or PM me please :)

Morgoth

Fueled by Sapphire
System Name Wopr "War Operation Plan Response"
Processor 5900x ryzen 9 12 cores 24 threads
Motherboard aorus x570 pro
Cooling air (GPU Liquid graphene) rad outside case mounted 120mm 68mm thick
Memory kingston 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ecc 2x16gb
Video Card(s) sapphire RX 6950 xt Nitro+ 16gb
Storage 300gb hdd OS backup. Crucial 500gb ssd OS. 6tb raid 1 hdd. 1.8tb pci-e nytro warp drive LSI
Display(s) AOC display 1080p
Case SilverStone SST-CS380 V2
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 850MX watt
Mouse corsair gaming mouse
Keyboard Microsoft brand
Software Windows 10 pro 64bit, Luxion Keyshot 7, fusion 360, steam
Benchmark Scores timespy 19 104
send guns to africa and wait

paulkz

Hi,
Ubuntu and Red Hat are the most used Linux distributions among most of the members of content-management vendor A fresco’s community, the company found in its second survey of trends in enterprise open-source software usage. I just started playing with Ubuntu because its user friendly and its interface are very easy to use.
=======================================================================
paul

<a href="http://orkut.com">http://orkut.com</a> - http://orkut.com

jocky1

Hi, I am using windows vista.. It's really nice. I am enjoying a lot when using this not gettibg bore... it' really colourful.

===============================================
jocky

get second hand golf ball here..
http://www.golfball.com