• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Facebook Allows Users to Delete Accounts

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
Yes, for quite some time, once you had a Facebook account, it wasn't going anywhere. Now, fortunately for college students and people with no attention span everywhere, Facebook now allows said people to delete their Facebook accounts. This was in direct response to user complaints about not being able to delete their accounts, if desired. Even if users were able to delete their own accounts, there were no obvious directions on how to do that. Another reason that Facebook decided to allow users to delete their accounts was a reason that could have gotten Facebook sued if they did not address it: privacy. The "I didn't actually make a Facebook" E-mails were really racking up in Facebook's inbox, and Facebook sometimes made it all too easy for people to research intimate/private/personal details of users' lives. At this point, deleting your account is just a help-page away. Facebook admins are considering adding a "delete account" button.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Dangle

System Name Vista
Processor Q6600
Memory 2GB Corsair 800mhz
Video Card(s) 2900XT
Storage 300GB 7.2kRPM Seagate for OS; 74GB 10kRPM WD for Games
Audio Device(s) XFi
Power Supply 750W
I'm glad I never got caught up in all that myspace and facebook crap.

System Name beast
Processor 3930K
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE2011
Memory 16GB Kingston Value DDR3 1333Mhz CL9
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus Elite RTX3060 12GB
Storage 1x 120GB Intel 520 and some spinny bois
Display(s) 3x DELL S2721DGF
Case Antec P182
Power Supply Corsair 750w
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10
just becuase it wasnt easy for people to remove their account before hand, didnt mean they wernt allowed to. it just means that people are too slack to read and to navigate the current method. the accounts have been removable for a long time now, this isnt brand new news. maybe they made it easier, but i do not believe that facebook users couldnt remove their accounts beforehand. i removed the one i was silly enough to make after i got sick of my inbox filling up with bs, months ago
what idiot needs directions? its called navigation, find the option to delete it yourselves. it is there.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
just becuase it wasnt easy for people to remove their account before hand, didnt mean they wernt allowed to. it just means that people are too slack to read and to navigate the current method. the accounts have been removable for a long time now, this isnt brand new news. maybe they made it easier, but i do not believe that facebook users couldnt remove their accounts beforehand. i removed the one i was silly enough to make after i got sick of my inbox filling up with bs, months ago
what idiot needs directions? its called navigation, find the option to delete it yourselves. it is there.

Good luck actually removing your account before, if ever. It may not show up, but they still have all of your data.
Read the fine print. They store all of your stuff, indefinitely. And at will, will give it away to the gov't, corps, etc. They're a bunch of private data whoring pricks.

System Name beast
Processor 3930K
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE2011
Memory 16GB Kingston Value DDR3 1333Mhz CL9
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus Elite RTX3060 12GB
Storage 1x 120GB Intel 520 and some spinny bois
Display(s) 3x DELL S2721DGF
Case Antec P182
Power Supply Corsair 750w
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10
well that makes them ne different to the majority of sites on the internets, social networkin or not. btw just dont upload or give out information u would wanna get rid of l8r.

Last edited: