• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Blogger Compiles List of 50 Reasons to Switch to Mac OS X

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
well your right and wrong, the reasion linux dosnt get more games isnt 100% the fault of ms or directX.

alot of game companys refuse to support linux for the same reasion that alot of hardware companys refuse, its to hard to support all the diffrent distros out there.

there are tens of not hunders of thousands of diffrent distros, no 2 are 100% alike when it comes to installing software and drivers, if linus would get togather and make an ISO for drivers and app installers they would get more support from software and hardware companys, till then, well linux will remain the toy of geeks who eather cant coap with windows or who are mad that they have to upgrade every 5-10 years to beable to run windows smoothy(alot of linux nutters are still using p3 systems for example).

i got nothing against linux, but its a fact that till linux community can put aside their diffrances and agree to include 1 way of doing some things on ALL distrobutions then hardware and software makers WILL look at linux as a high cost for low returns proposition.

True, but Apple should be supported, and it's not. Many many companies are in a huge alliance with Apple that absolutely hated how Microsoft treated other companies in the 90s. Change is definitely on the horizon as MS's empire begins to show how it is loosing monopoly dominance. A huge example of MSs failing monopoly is in iPods and how Quicktime (which was the first universal player that supported all companies codec, unlike windows media player) quickly took control in the late 90s, and now in the 21st century the Zune is failing in comparison (although it has respectable weekly sales), and showing how MSs proprietary sound codec is failing (as well as MS's video codec).

The reason above is why EA, id, Blizzard, and many many developers are starting to move to Apple also. Which is a very good sign.

Last edited:

ChillyMyst

the reasion some dev's support apple is that their products will run decent on an apple base hardware config wow and other blizzard products are not hard core on gfx or cpu use, my system i can run 10+copys of wow and do other stuff and mines a lowly x2 chip not even a core2.

as to ms empire crumbling, ROFL thats funny, they been loosing some sales to linux in buisness but nothing that would make them suffer any.

as to Zune and ms codecs, the zune is selling like mad here, the ipod sucks for quility and fetures compared to something like irivers OLD h10 units that can play pretty much any format of audio file you throw on them.

ms's codecs, well, they dont bother me, the quilitys ok for video, and the audio is good at low bitrate specly for voice type data.

ogg is better, hell current ogg encoder is better then appls aac encoder by a large margin in my exp.

at one point ms had offered to make a dx distro for apple, but apple didnt want it, and now ms would want alot of cheese($) to make them a distro, so in that case, apple stuck something up their own rears not ms.

i am no ms lover, but i also dont like apples "buy a new one and toss the old one" method of upgrades, and their "we are the best, if you run anything but a mac you suck" attatude(see their adds and their users.....)

as to quicktime, it got alot of use because alot of mac users where posting quicktime files online, i remmber those days, they sucked, quicktime honestly is CRAP, realone is better, and i HATE realone/realplayer, BUT real codecs/encoders are STELLER for a quility per bitrate comparison, its really funny, the best shit comes from the worst companys :p

i encode videos to x264 with vorbis audio, i use mediacoder, mac dosnt got anything thats quite as good as windows mediacoder!!!!

for audio i use dbpoweramp, again apple dosnt got anything even close to as powerfull, and belive me, i have looked for friends, apple has its strong points but its also got massive weaknesses, some are obvous, others arent so obvious, i really do like some things apple does, but hate other things they do, their attatude as a company and that of the bulk of their users really turns me off to the whole "mac experiance" that and i hate noobiefied os's and games/apps, if i want to be treated like a MORON i will go see my fathers relitives, at least they feed u when treating you like ur stupid :p

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
the reasion some dev's support apple is that their products will run decent on an apple base hardware config wow and other blizzard products are not hard core on gfx or cpu use, my system i can run 10+copys of wow and do other stuff and mines a lowly x2 chip not even a core2.

as to ms empire crumbling, ROFL thats funny, they been loosing some sales to linux in buisness but nothing that would make them suffer any.

as to Zune and ms codecs, the zune is selling like mad here, the ipod sucks for quility and fetures compared to something like irivers OLD h10 units that can play pretty much any format of audio file you throw on them.

ms's codecs, well, they dont bother me, the quilitys ok for video, and the audio is good at low bitrate specly for voice type data.

ogg is better, hell current ogg encoder is better then appls aac encoder by a large margin in my exp.

at one point ms had offered to make a dx distro for apple, but apple didnt want it, and now ms would want alot of cheese($) to make them a distro, so in that case, apple stuck something up their own rears not ms.

i am no ms lover, but i also dont like apples "buy a new one and toss the old one" method of upgrades, and their "we are the best, if you run anything but a mac you suck" attatude(see their adds and their users.....)

as to quicktime, it got alot of use because alot of mac users where posting quicktime files online, i remmber those days, they sucked, quicktime honestly is CRAP, realone is better, and i HATE realone/realplayer, BUT real codecs/encoders are STELLER for a quility per bitrate comparison, its really funny, the best shit comes from the worst companys :p

i encode videos to x264 with vorbis audio, i use mediacoder, mac dosnt got anything thats quite as good as windows mediacoder!!!!

for audio i use dbpoweramp, again apple dosnt got anything even close to as powerfull, and belive me, i have looked for friends, apple has its strong points but its also got massive weaknesses, some are obvous, others arent so obvious, i really do like some things apple does, but hate other things they do, their attatude as a company and that of the bulk of their users really turns me off to the whole "mac experiance" that and i hate noobiefied os's and games/apps, if i want to be treated like a MORON i will go see my fathers relitives, at least they feed u when treating you like ur stupid :p

I'm not trying to treat you like your stupid, I'm trying to explain how Micrsoft's monopoly is failing due to failing to launch proprietary products on a mainstream basis (not sells). True zune is doing good, but not half as good as the iPod, they own around 10% of the market.

The fact is all of the things you're talking about are non ms proprietary, solutions made against MS. Apple certainly wants this and so does most of the business solutions. I'm not in any means saying that Apple products are better than everything, I'm trying to say that MS proprietary products are not the solution for mainstream consumers. If it does become that way, we will all be locked into a huge MS world.

The biggest example I can think of is the HD-DVD players, read the article in my sig...

I'm really not trying to treat you like you're stupid, and if I am my apologies.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
ffmpegX does x264/vorbis, and supported multithreading long before any encoders on Windows did. It can't do some of the oddball codecs thet mediacoder can, but it's every bit as fast, and a bunch more stable.

ChillyMyst

I'm not trying to treat you like your stupid, I'm trying to explain how Micrsoft's monopoly is failing due to failing to launch proprietary products on a mainstream basis (not sells). True zune is doing good, but not half as good as the iPod, they own around 10% of the market.

The fact is all of the things you're talking about are non ms proprietary, solutions made against MS. Apple certainly wants this and so does most of the business solutions. I'm not in any means saying that Apple products are better than everything, I'm trying to say that MS proprietary products are not the solution for mainstream consumers. If it does become that way, we will all be locked into a huge MS world.

The biggest example I can think of is the HD-DVD players, read the article in my sig...

I'm really not trying to treat you like you're stupid, and if I am my apologies.

haha u thought i ment u where treating me as a moron, no no, i ment apples os treats you like a moron, as does vista.

they are and you are locked into a huge ms world, if you dont already see that, then your blind, there are alwase gonna be fringe groups, linux and apple users who avoid the norm, but over 95% of the market buy windows based systems and are happy/content with them, thats where im coming from.

as to your hd artical, i really dont care, i think both formats suck, bd has to much DRM and hd-dvd has lower capacity,

and i dont agree with alot of what the artical claims/says, ms wasnt gonna get richer off hd-dvd because of the codec's used, hd-dvd can support h264 just like bd, it really wasnt gonna matter who won, eather way we are stuck with less choice and a monopoly by a buch of assholes who want to treat every cosumer like a theif(drm) and who really only care about filling their pockets as quickly as possable.

im waiting on HVD format to hit the main market, it would be nice to see tb worth of storege on an optical format disk :)

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
haha u thought i ment u where treating me as a moron, no no, i ment apples os treats you like a moron, as does vista.

they are and you are locked into a huge ms world, if you dont already see that, then your blind, there are alwase gonna be fringe groups, linux and apple users who avoid the norm, but over 95% of the market buy windows based systems and are happy/content with them, thats where im coming from.

as to your hd artical, i really dont care, i think both formats suck, bd has to much DRM and hd-dvd has lower capacity,

and i dont agree with alot of what the artical claims/says, ms wasnt gonna get richer off hd-dvd because of the codec's used, hd-dvd can support h264 just like bd, it really wasnt gonna matter who won, eather way we are stuck with less choice and a monopoly by a buch of assholes who want to treat every cosumer like a theif(drm) and who really only care about filling their pockets as quickly as possable.

im waiting on HVD format to hit the main market, it would be nice to see tb worth of storege on an optical format disk :)

I think they would have gotten richer simply because MS was going to use MS as a Digital Download platform. LIVE MOVIES BY MS! haha...

ChillyMyst

ffmpegX does x264/vorbis, and supported multithreading long before any encoders on Windows did. It can't do some of the oddball codecs thet mediacoder can, but it's every bit as fast, and a bunch more stable.

havent had media coder crash once as long as i use the full not beta builds(using beta x64 now and its rock stable)

and i have seen ffmpegX its not as vercitile, nore as tweakable in my experiance, mac has some nice software, but nothing you cant get the same results from under windows.

most mac encoding software wants you to use quicktimes PROPRITARY format, a format i truely dispise, and itunes, well the pc ver sucks, and i dont like using it even on mac's, i would rather just drag and drop my files from my pc to my player and go, or encode with a simple rclick with NO drm.(god how i hate drm)

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
havent had media coder crash once as long as i use the full not beta builds(using beta x64 now and its rock stable)

and i have seen ffmpegX its not as vercitile, nore as tweakable in my experiance, mac has some nice software, but nothing you cant get the same results from under windows.

most mac encoding software wants you to use quicktimes PROPRITARY format, a format i truely dispise, and itunes, well the pc ver sucks, and i dont like using it even on mac's, i would rather just drag and drop my files from my pc to my player and go, or encode with a simple rclick with NO drm.(god how i hate drm)

At any rate, Quicktime dominates WMP9, but I'm by no means saying quicktime is the best solution. I'm a WinAMP user myself.

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750

ffmpegx is every bit as tweakable. You can go to the command line to change options, just like MC. And I'm using the latest stable MC, and it crashes on me constantly. I even clocked to stock and swapped my ram and test. It still crashes when it wants to, and it always has for me in all my time using it. It's stability = crap.

And the point of my argument isn't whether or not you can achieve the same thing in Windows, it that you CAN achieve the same thing in OS X. You just don't want to see that. For anything that can be done in Windows, I can do in OS X, with the exception of gaming.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
To be fair some are valid. Remote Desktop on XP/vista sucks. Its a shame most reasons given are rubbish, some are just repeats of others as well.

One word. Crossloop. And its 100% free. I use it. Works great.

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
That still defeats the purpose.

How so? I'd rather dual-boot any day. On my iMac, I'll fire up parallels to do simple stuff in Windows if I have to. Like my gf's schooling. It needs ActiveX to run. But for anything remotely intensive that I want to do in Windows, I boot to the OS. It's way more efficient that virtual machines.

ChillyMyst

ok your right WileE, we should all sell our pc's run out and get macs, they are better,and media coder is totaly unreliable, i must just be very very very lucky that it dosnt crash on me every time i use it.........

*go's off to try and sell his worthless crappy windows pc so he can make a downpayment on a mac*

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
ok your right WileE, we should all sell our pc's run out and get macs, they are better,and media coder is totaly unreliable, i must just be very very very lucky that it dosnt crash on me every time i use it.........

*go's off to try and sell his worthless crappy windows pc so he can make a downpayment on a mac*

I don't think that's what he's saying Chilly :laugh: He's saying there isn't a reason for prebuilt PCs right now because Mac covers every basis. As for custom PCs, that's another story.

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz

At what point did I ever say Macs were better? I never did. You just happen to have a lot of misguided ideas and misconceptions about them. At no point did I try to make them seem superior, but you, on the other hand, try to make them sound inferior at every turn. I'm not the one in the wrong here, you are.

System Name MUFFIN_MACHINE
Processor i7 920
Motherboard E760 Classified
Cooling cooler master gemini II
Memory 6gb ddr3 crucial ballistix
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Display(s) syncmaster 940bw 19"
Case Corsair Carbide Series 500R
Audio Device(s) X-fi extrememusic
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W
Software windows 7 64bit
Benchmark Scores i can drink a pint in 5 seconds flat.
this argument is kinda pointless, there is NO way to prove one way or another as to which os is better, its just opinion, each one has its strengths and weaknesses, MS platforms being cheap, game friendly, you can oc ect..., with a mac its simple to use(pro, maybe a con depending on person), pretty, some nice software of the bat, lower risk of viruses, now for a few cons, MS prebuilts (*cough*dell*cough*) well on a few occasions suck, much more prone to viruses, vista(without tweaking) now for mac very expensive, cant oc, gives you feeling of superiority over pc owners(average consumer, not those with half a brain to see pros and cons) no games, i could make very long lists on each side but it would be pointless, lets agree on one thing the macbooks are nice (not for everyone,like me) but nice, their destops suck completely overpriced, for what you get, but so are dells (the sucking part and sometimes overpriced part)

Last edited:

ChillyMyst

At what point did I ever say Macs were better? I never did. You just happen to have a lot of misguided ideas and misconceptions about them. At no point did I try to make them seem superior, but you, on the other hand, try to make them sound inferior at every turn. I'm not the one in the wrong here, you are.

that was scarcasim ya nub!!!

you think i havent delt with macs at all, you seem to think they are the shit, and that at least is how your compaison to me comes off.

i duno why you media coder crashes so much, i left mine running for 8 days doing a GIANT batch of anime, guess what, i games, watched movies, and slept and it didnt crash once.....even on anime that crashed explorer and even crashed fing vlc(damn that was some crappy encoding!!!)

i guess in this case my systems just more stable then yours :)

and i have delt with macs, i have friends/relitives/neibors who have them, and they never have impressed me, other then with how shiny the basel face of their way to white monotors is.......oh and at how fubar they can become with just something simple like a digital cam or mouse being pluged in(restart looks suck) calling apple and having them say"reinstall the os" when ms has never once told me that in all the times i called and reported problems/buggs when i was working at bits n bytes computers.

i know, i dont own one, so i must not know jack shit about them.

but here is my exp, the version of all the encoding softwares i tryed didnt offer the flexability and ease of use that mediacoder or some other apps i have here offer, i couldnt find an equivlant to dbpoweramp(because their isnt one!!!)

when i did run into trouble apples first responce 90% of the time was "reinstall the os" to me thats just.......insainly lazy.........

apples to you are extreamly good prices, but to me, well since i dont care if its an amd or intel cpu, and i do like to overclock, i would rather get the same better perf for a fraction of the price, and when i feel i need an upgrade, just beable to slap in an upgrade and away i go, insted of doing the apple classic upgrade where you buy a new one and chuck the old one out the window.

i know i know your gonna say "but you can upgrade the power macs" yeah, but the power macs are insaily over prices in my book, and the mac mini/emac/imac are NOT easly upgraded, the mac mini the best u can do is more ram and a better hdd, wow, thats about......useless if the cpu os slow as snot!!!, and to upgrade them u gotta know how to pry them apart without breaking them(fun!!!)

the imac.....oh jesus, the last 2 i opened where just a royal pain in the ass to get open, then even more fun to get back togather.......

granted they where the older style crt ones, but i did open one of the lcd version, and it wasnt so nice inside, in my book if u buy a computer you should beable to upgrade ir yourself, and not need a engenering degree to get it apart/back togather, let alone to try and swap some parts, the lcd mac i opened had a metel clip holding the ram down, this is added to the normal plastic ram locks!!!! wth is that about?

well i know your gonna think "oh bullshit macs rock, they are great for theprice" but to me and most geeks, well they suck, the os is even more annoing then vista(omfg, is it even possable!!!) it dosnt let the normal user have deep access to settings you may want to tweak, because the avg mac user is about as computer literit as my dog.........(hey he knows how to pee on the power cables...) so they hide everything......

if i was forced to choose between a mac mini and an eeepc, the eeepc would win, if i had to choose between an old imac or old first gen mac mini and castration with a 12lb sludge hammer, i would take the hammer, less painfull!!!!

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
^ CHilly - his point is tjhat while it sucks to us enthusiasts, to the people that never open the case its a step up over a dell.

ChillyMyst

something that falls out of my ass is a step up fron a dell desktop!!!

i recently told 2 ppl i know who HAD to buy prebuilts to get the gateway system i linked on the forums recently, they are both quite happy with it, one wishes it had come with an ati card tho as he has some issues with the nvidia drivers tv out fetures under vista(he dosnt have a copy of xp....lol)

there are cheaper more powerfull prebuilts that offer good bang for the buck.

i use to hate dell and gateway, but since acer bought gateway things have gotten better, opened an acer gateway and found that the board was gigabyte, and not some stiped down special order board, a regualr over the counter one just with gateway bios.

hit ctrl+f1 in the bios and bam overclocking and tweaking fetures, not that they overclock very well, but they do overclock!!!

i know what he ment, but thats not exectly how it comes off, at least not to me, WileE and i have had this arguement b4 other places including on the phone :p (hes meh buddy!!)

we endup agreeing to dissagree because, to me its not about having the exect same parts, its about having the same every day perf, and ican get that for a better price else where!!!

strick94u

System Name CrashMaster 17.2/ crashmaster(M) ROG
Processor CD2 E8400@4.0 ghz/ i5 430@ 2.577 mhz
Motherboard EVGA 680i/ patogram inc intel north bridge
Cooling Monsoon vigor gaming II/ fan and vents
Memory 4 gig OCZ pc8500 DDR2/ 4 gigs ddr3
Video Card(s) 2 X EVGA 8800gts 512 735/1045/nvidia 360 gtsm gddr5
Storage 2 X WD 150 Raptors Raid 0+600gig usb/ 500 gig hitachi
Display(s) Samsung 2232 bw Sync Master 22" HD/16.9 inch asus
Case Enermax uber chakra/ asus republic of gamers
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-FI 5.1 speakers/creative eax 4.0
Power Supply OCZ extream Gaming 650 watt 4x18a/ external
Software Dos 6.22/ win 3.11 for networks/ms bob server
Benchmark Scores 3dmark06 18,201/10601 3dmark05 23,943/not run Aquamark 218,094/not run
this argument is kinda pointless, there is NO way to prove one way or another as to which os is better, its just opinion, each one has its strengths and weaknesses, MS platforms being cheap, game friendly, you can oc ect..., with a mac its simple to use(pro, maybe a con depending on person), pretty, some nice software of the bat, lower risk of viruses, now for a few cons, MS prebuilts (*cough*dell*cough*) well on a few occasions suck, much more prone to viruses, vista(without tweaking) now for mac very expensive, cant oc, gives you feeling of superiority over pc owners(average consumer, not those with half a brain to see pros and cons) no games, i could make very long lists on each side but it would be pointless, lets agree on one thing the macbooks are nice (not for everyone,like me) but nice, their destops suck completely overpriced, for what you get, but so are dells (the sucking part and sometimes overpriced part)

There is one way to settle it all but it involves Microsoft invation of Cupertino, CA and bombing Apple inc world headquaters. I'm sure Bill Gates has thought of that he has to hate that 10% of another platform exsist :D Bill Gates Is a GOD I tell ya

System Name MUFFIN_MACHINE
Processor i7 920
Motherboard E760 Classified
Cooling cooler master gemini II
Memory 6gb ddr3 crucial ballistix
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Display(s) syncmaster 940bw 19"
Case Corsair Carbide Series 500R
Audio Device(s) X-fi extrememusic
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W
Software windows 7 64bit
Benchmark Scores i can drink a pint in 5 seconds flat.
he does have the resources to pull of such a plan;)

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
we endup agreeing to dissagree because, to me its not about having the exect same parts, its about having the same every day perf, and ican get that for a better price else where!!!
That's a pointless argument tho. You can build a cheaper, yet comparable computer compared to ANY prebuilt. The point is, for pre-built computers, Macs are a good value.

Taking it one step further, a MacPro is a good value, even if you considered building an 8 core workstation yourself, as the prices are almost the same.

And you always bring up that mouse argument. It apparently holds about as much worth as my Mediacoder argument. I'm the only one you know that has problems with MC, and you're the only one I know that ever seen a reboot loop on a Mac be caused by a usb device. Both are apparently anomalies. And as such, neither holds water in this debate.