• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Big Problem With Msi K9a2 Platinum.help Me Help Me!!!

fabgat55

I have a system with mainboard MSI K9A2 PLATINUM with AM2+ Phenom 9600 BE.The big problem is that i was 't able to install wiondows vista ultimate or Home premium 64 bit.i was successfull to install windows xp 32 bit and also install software to see compatibility with 64 bit and everything is ok

At boot show the whithe line '' windows is loading files'' and after finishing appear only black screen and computer is frozen stutus.no overclock is put on computer

my computer is:

amd am2+ 9600 BE
mainbord MSI K9A2 platinum
2x2Gb ram 800 TEAM 5-5-5-15
hdd maxtor diamondmax22 500 gb 32 mb buffer
Power 650 watt enermax infinity
pioneer DVD/blu ray reader/writer
Graphic card ATIsapphire 3870

really help me ...i will give 5 euro with paypal to evryone solve my problem

Namslas90

Probably a memmory Issue; a lot of 2GBx2 or 2GBx4 kits are not supported especially with Phenom and Vista 64-bit on that board.

Try flashing the BIOS to version POH, users have found it solves Isues with Vista and 2GBx2 or 2GBx4 memmory kits.

http://www.box.net/shared/gsn4mgt6o4

Be sure to load defaults and then flash with parameters /p /b /n /c.

******CAUTION******, flashing BIOS can result in damaging your motherboard, follow instructions carefully.

fabgat55

what means paraters?

what means flash bios with parameters /p /b /n /c?????
can u explain me better
thank u very much...i was grateful for all life if u solve this problem.......and also give u money promised ....
:)

Namslas90

what means flash bios with parameters /p /b /n /c?????
can u explain me better
thank u very much...i was grateful for all life if u solve this problem.......and also give u money promised ....
:)

I suggest you study up on BIOS Flashing, and be sure you are comfortable with the proceedure before continuing. Or maybe find someone that can help with with this "on-site".

It's easy to make simple mistakes when flashing BIOS....also be sure to "Back-up" your BIOS before flashing.

Don't need the money, maybe use it to hire someone to flash the BIOS for you.

fabgat55

flashing bios

the file that i dowlnoad fro teh link is a rar file.rar reader wasn't able to open i don't understand why?and then i must flash bios from floppy disk or program live bios update ?
where i must puit parameters?
thank u very much

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
the file that i dowlnoad fro teh link is a rar file.rar reader wasn't able to open i don't understand why?and then i must flash bios from floppy disk or program live bios update ?
where i must puit parameters?
thank u very much

because the bios file is in a type( .rom/.bin) that only the bios chip or programming apps can read! Extract the folder and use the file inside to replace the file on you bios as Namslas was leading to!

fabgat55

problem

the problem is that u can't exstract because stop u..the file is a .poh file not a bin or rom...u have other link to download or i make a mistake to exstract it??
thank u very much

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
yes you are correct on the .POH Must be a MSI thing. I got the rar on my desktop and I opened it and saw the .POH file. use that file, just move it from the floder its in to desktop. then set it to whatever you plan to flash with.

No offense here, but you sound rather new to this....maybe you want to get a local PC shop to show you how, or a friend to help?

There are dangers involved in flashing a BIOS and it can leave your mobo useless if not done correctly.

BumbRush

vista 64 wont install with over Xgb ram, such think it was 2gb ram , go down to 1 gb install and update vista, then put the extra ram back.