• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Medal of Honor: Airborne (not a new game but worth looking into)

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
A apologize for the long winded post... :cool:

This game has been a blast to play so far. MOH:A uses a different approach to the WWII FPS by allowing you to choose where to start the map from. This is done by allowing you parachute from a pre-determine altitude to your location. Certain locations on the map have certain objectives. You are alerted via radio broadcast as to what the objective is. If you don't drop near your AI teammates you could find yourself surrounded by enemy AI. At times you could be killed before you able to finish unhooking your parachute.

There are 3 types of ways to land from a parachute drop:
-botched, when you land you fall to the ground, you get up and then wiggle your way out of the parachute
-flared, you land on your feet and the time it takes to remove the parachute is decreased (although I can't tell).
-Greased, where you land running and you are out of your chute without any animation (so it appears).

There are also Skill Drops that are draped with a parachute. If you land there adds to your total record through some sort of point tally at the end of that mission. It's a score of 1-5 (if you find them) for each mission. While I like this idea, the mechanics of it is a bit awkward as you decide "should I re-spawn and grab another paradrop skill or move on".

There are 6 missions for the single player and each IMO are lengthy for an otherwise short game. You do reach certain check points during the game but I haven't found that you can save an exact situation and come back to it later. Also, if you earn a weapon unlock and respawn just before the auto save, you will have to re-achieve that weapon unlock. At times, when I respawn I found myself having replenished ammo and grenades while other times I found what I had before I respawned :twitch:.

There are medals you can earn during game play. However, they appear to be more geared to replaying the game IMO.

As for actual game play, this is were things get interesting. How you interact with your weapons is something I find intuitive. When you are in zoomed mode you can "peek" left and right by simply using the left and right keys (as long as you are zoomed in). You can also go from crouch to prone to crouch by simply pressing the up key. This made using the cover system very second nature and hope that I find this feature in future FPS games.

You can also upgrade your weapons be it American or German. These upgrades can increase fire rate, increase ammo capacity, decrease recoil, addition of a scope and other gems that adds a good perceptive to playing this game. Each weapon allows for 3 different upgrades. With each weapon having their own unique set of upgrades. The weapons used in this game varies from rifles, assualt weapons, shotgun to pistols. All of them offer a 3 tier upgrade path. In order to upgrade you have to fill an outline of the gun with blue. Once it's filled to the top, the game goes in slow motion and shows you what you've upgraded to. At the end of each mission you can tab over to your weapons to see which are upgraded and which are not. I like to also note that you have 4 different types of grenades which are American handheld, German handheld, something that I can only describe as a portable satchel charge and a rifle propelled grenade (which is part of the weapons upgrade). Yes, the grenades are also upgradeable however, I haven't discovered anything then adding more capacity to carry them or adding more to your inventory.

The enemy AI can be very tough and at times down right brutal with the amount of grenade throwing they do. They have a tendency to take cover and fire by sticking their weapons around or above their cover. Although this makes the enemy very tough at times I found it a bit ridiculous when they have perfect aim without looking at you. It gets really annoying when they start tossing grenades, hitting you as they are crouched down on some low line wall lobbing grenades over head without looking.

But in all I really do like this game and found it a pleasant surprise that something from EA is worth playing.

Last edited:
System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
agreed it is a good game, im on my secod run through.

By chance do you play online?

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
agreed it is a good game, im on my secod run through.

By chance do you play online?

Not yet, I haven't tried that as of yet...

System Name Meshify C Ryzen 2019
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism LED Cooler
Memory 32GB DDR4 ( F4-3200C16D-32GTZKW, 16-16-16-36 @ 3200Mhz )
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX6800 ( 2400Mhz/2150Mhz )
Storage Samsung Evo 960
Display(s) Pixio PX275h
Case Fractal Design Meshify C – Dark TG
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GSP 300 ( Headset )
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series 650W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G 15
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
The MOH singleplayer was WAY better then COD4 singleplayer. Way more realistic weaponrecoil and faster gameplay.

this is really good game, i played it for almost 3-4 months. didn't play online, just only on the 360. didn't care for it much.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
The weapon recoil, the different sound effects of gun shooting, bullets flying by, the foot steps on pavement, wood plank, medal scaffold, the but of your gun hitting someone, etc all appeared realistic to me.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
I almost forgot about the weapon's scope. I like how it blurs for a few seconds then sharpens in an attempt to mimic the human eye adjusting to a series of magnified optics.

Processor AMD FX 8320 @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 rev1
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 4 x 4GB DDR3 Ripjawz 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vapor-X AMD R9 280X
Storage 1 x 500GB Samsung Evo 850, 1 x 500GB Vrap Data Drive, 3 x 2TB Seagate, 1 x 1TB Samsung F1
Display(s) 3 x DGM IPS-2402WDH
Case Coolermaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 1000W Silent Pro M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
This is the ONLY WWII game to actually hold my attention for more than 2 hours. I actually finished this one. Only once mind, WWII is still over-done in my opinion...

This is the ONLY WWII game to actually hold my attention for more than 2 hours. I actually finished this one. Only once mind, WWII is still over-done in my opinion...

i know what you mean, if call of duty 4 had been a WWII game, then i wouldn't even bother. There all about the same thing.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
the entire medal of honor series is solid. i remember playing medal of honor: allied assault on my old p4 2.4ghz rig with a 9800 card. ran like crap :laugh: i bought a x700 card a bit later and it ran awesome. that was the first and only game ive ever joined a clan in. fun times.