• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crossposted ..........clueless

Chaszar

I have tried to register for a forum and encountered:

"Our server has detected the presence of multiple IP connections from your machine, with one of the connections being an "Open Proxy" or blacklisted IP. Connections of this nature are often used in order to abuse, spam or defraud. Our server has denied you any further access until both IP addresses can be resolved or the presence of the Open Proxy connection closed."

I do have a little local wireless network in my house, with 2 laptops accessing the internet from it. But no real idea otherwise how to address this. (old Belkin Gateway Router, LED blink shows WLAN, LAN, WAN lit )

Anyone think they can help me address this?

Processor 5800x(2)/5700g/5600x/5600g/2700x/1700x/1700
Motherboard MSI B550 Carbon (2)/ MSI z490 Unify/Asus Strix B550-F/MSI B450 Tomahawk (3)
Cooling EK AIO 360 (2)/EK AIO 240, Arctic Cooling Freezer II 280/EVGA CLC 280/Noctua D15/Cryorig M9(2)
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite/32 GB TridentZ/16GB Mushkin Redline Black/16 GB Dominator
Video Card(s) Asus Strix RTX3060/EVGA 970(2)/Asus 750 ti/Old Quadros
Storage Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB/WD Black M.2 NVMe 500GB/Adata 500gb NVMe
Display(s) Acer 1080p 22"/ (3) Samsung 22" 1080p
Case (2) Lian Li Lancool II Mesh/Corsair 4000D /Phanteks Eclipse 500a/Be Quiet Pure Base 500/Bones of HAF
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850G(2)/EVGA Supernova GT 650w/Phantek Amps 750w/Seasonic Focus 750w
Mouse Generic Black wireless (5)
Keyboard Generic Black wireless (5)
Software Win 10/Ubuntu
I have tried to register for a forum and encountered:

"Our server has detected the presence of multiple IP connections from your machine, with one of the connections being an "Open Proxy" or blacklisted IP. Connections of this nature are often used in order to abuse, spam or defraud. Our server has denied you any further access until both IP addresses can be resolved or the presence of the Open Proxy connection closed."

I do have a little local wireless network in my house, with 2 laptops accessing the internet from it. But no real idea otherwise how to address this. (old Belkin Gateway Router, LED blink shows WLAN, LAN, WAN lit )

Anyone think they can help me address this?
What kind of forum is it? Have you tried to contact the site admin for help to resolve the issue? I'd start there first.

Last edited:

MistressRaven

Chaszar any chance you heard back from the AoC admin on this? I am having the same problem and have emailed the admin twice about it. With the 17th quickly approaching I would love to post some questions on the forums prior to release. /sigh

~Mistress:toast:Raven

UnkAsn93

System Name Mediocre
Processor AMD Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.32GHz
Motherboard ECS RD480-A939
Cooling Stock AMD
Memory 512MB DDR400
Video Card(s) Nvidia GeForce4 MX4000 (going to get 2 3850's and crossfire soon)
Storage 160GB WD
Display(s) 20" Widescreen
Case Generic
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Powmax 450watt
Software XP Pro
Contacting the admin and explaining this to him/her would probably be the best way of getting your issue resolved.

MistressRaven

Contacting the admin and explaining this to him/her would probably be the best way of getting your issue resolved.

Which is what I have done lol see post above yours. I was just posting in hopes that he checks back on here and might have gotten an answer since I have not.

System Name :3
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 - 3ghz
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Dynamic Energy Saver Ultra Durable II Intel Motherboard
Cooling cm 212 EVO
Memory G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model
Video Card(s) BFG GTX 275
Storage WD black 500gb Samsung 1tb
Display(s) 27" 1366x768 Olevia 527v
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) ALC889
Power Supply CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Ac
Software Windows 8 pro
portscan yourself, try connecting to everything that is open and see what you can get.

Chaszar

Nope, I also haven't heard from the AoC admin.

Sorry for my intracranial density but "portscan" :confused:

Not very savy in networking, etc.

Would you be able to give me a step - by - step?

Chaszar

I looked into 'portscan' - ing; and performed a few online on my computer.

One result below:

My Portscan from SecurityMetrics at https://www.securitymetrics.com/portscan.adp

Port Scan Results
Please wait. A Port Scan requires from 5 seconds to 3 minutes to complete.Your screen will automatically scroll as your port scan results are displayed. This free port scan will test 22 of the 500 most commonly used communication ports on your computer/server.

Automatic Connection Analyzer
Your computer reported an IP address of xx.xx.xxx.xxx, but your actual IP address is xxx.xxx.x.xx.

There is a router, proxy, or firewall between you and the Internet. Your port scan results may reflect the security of your router, firewall or proxy instead of your computer.

Your Computer >> Router >>Firewall or Proxy >>Internet

This Port Scan analyzes your computer configuration and provides personalized Security Recommendations by email. To receive these instructions, enter your email in the Security Recommendation section below.

Port Scan Results for: xx.xx.xxx.xxx ALL Status reported = Stealth

Program Port Status Explanation
FTP 21 File Transfer Protocol (FTP) allows users to transfer files to other computers over the Internet. A poorly configured FTP server allows hackers to copy your files, install trojan applications on your computer or obtain unauthorized remote command prompt access to your computer.

SSH 22 Secure Shell (SSH) uses encryption to secure information sent over a network. While it typically improves security there are numerous problems with older versions of SSH which may allow brute force attacks.

Telnet 23 Telnet allows a remote user to access your computer and perform commands. It is suspectible to brute force attacks and clear text password sniffing. A computer is misconfigured if this port is open. Use SSH instead.

SMTP 25 SMTP is used to send email. There are numerous vulnerabilities with SMTP such as unauthorized hard disk file access, username verification or SPAM email redirection.

DNS 53 Domain Name Services are used to tell other computers what your IP address is. There are several exploits associated with this service.

Finger 79 Finger provides information such as usernames and usage information. Turn this service off or block this port to stop others from gaining valuable system information.

HTTP 80 World Wide Web services allow you to publish web pages to the Internet. There are hundreds of severe security vulnerabilities associated with this service. Keep your WWW server software updated.

POP3 110 Post Office Protocol(POP) software downloads email. Hackers may use weaknesses in POP to intercept your email, create fictitious mail accounts or gain remote access to your computer.

NetBIOS 139 NetBIOS is used by Microsoft Windows and some UNIX/Linux programs to share files. If your hard disk is shared improperly (write access to everyone without authentication) you may be giving the world access to your hard disk. (Trojan files can be copied to your computer.) Make sure this port is closed and your hard drive shares are configured properly.

SNMP 161 Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) port may allow a hacker to obtain information about your computer. There are also security vulnerabilities associated with this port. You should turn off this service if you don't need it.

SSL 443 HTTP servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt data from web browsers. There are hundreds of severe security vulnerabilities associated with this service. Keep your WWW server software updated.

MS DS 445 Microsoft Directory Services is used by Microsoft Networks for security authentication. Typically this port should not be exposed to the Internet.

Socks Proxy 1080 An unsecured SOCKS Proxy may disqualify you from IRC server access. Make sure this port is closed.

KaZaA 1214 KaZaA is a popular peer-to-peer file-sharing program with many known vulnerabilities and at least one known worm (Benjamin) targeting it.

UPnP 5000 Universal Plug and Play allows your computer to automatically integrate with other network devices. There are known security vulnerabilities associated with this service.

HTTP Proxy 8080 HTTP Proxy provides a way for a hacker to pretend to be your computer. Others who may have been hacked may see your computer address and want you to justify why you hacked them.

Trojan Port Scan Results also came up STEALTH.

A stealth port status means your computer port status is filtered. Our servers could not determine if the port is open or closed. This is the best rating possible.

An attacker uses port status information on your computer to determine potential weaknesses. If your port status is stealth on all ports then it makes it harder for an attacker to successfully compromise your computer.

I find that the important information from this is the line:

Your Computer >> Router >>Firewall or Proxy >>Internet

My computer has a Gateway Router and Firewall (MS Vista Ultimate) > NO Proxy.

I have not checked all ports - don't think it is necessary for a game forum - so will continue to send the Admin of the forum repeated statements and requests .

Thanks for the direction regarding 'portscan' - it has helped me think things through about the home network....and they are probably concluding by portscanning me that I have a proxy. :mad: