• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Technology Analyst: Get Over Vista Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
A reporter and technology analyst for the Washington Post recently took a rather strong point of view regarding Windows Vista and XP. He accepts that Vista has it's flaws, such as "steep hardware requirements, its strict anti-piracy measures, its sometimes-intrusive security measures, its incompatibility with some older products." However, he points out that the current market behavior, which is something along the lines of "don't upgrade until Vista gets better, and beg to keep XP on shelves" is not doing Vista or Microsoft any good. He points out that XP is not a historic monument in need of preservation, and is more like an old car: it's had a good run, but in view of some XP flaws when compared to Vista strongpoints, it's time to move on. The analyst also pointed out that fundamental supply/demand economics is keeping Vista from rising to greatness. As long as the market holds on to XP, and refuses to move on to Vista, software makers will not see a very good reason to adopt or support Vista, which causes most of the problems Vista has today. You can read more details at the source link.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
That was well said.:toast:

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
If it's not one fanboy it's another. I must question why it's so important to make articles like this. The only true issue to get over is the fact that people have perceptions, ideals, opinions and beliefs. Once they accept this as truth (which is part of what makes human beings what they are) will they start to care-less what other people think about some random OS purchase.

On a side note, belittling those who:
-don't know about Vista
-don't care about Vista
-simply opposed to buying Vista
-not willing to pay for it
-etc
doesn't help validate or recognize that point of view. It not only turns people off even more but it shows poor sportsmanship when things don't go their way.

Last edited:

jocksteeluk

The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
Processor custom dupont risk chip cpu prototype
Motherboard custom ibm x5 solid state carbon mainboard
Cooling industrial technologies prototype dupont custom heat transfer unit
Memory 6x 2gig prototype ecc hnc ddr4
Video Card(s) prototype low energy version nvidia 9 series unnumberd card
Storage 1tb solid state hdd
Display(s) 44 inch samsung plasma screen tv/monitor
Case custom ibm mobile home server case
Audio Device(s) custom Yamaha sound processing processor in spm format
Power Supply 1200watt deli cord custom made dupont type psu
Software sun unix/windows type v
For myself XP was a true software upgrade, Vista on the other hand is a sidestep with very little benefit or improvement over xp and no doubt the majority of PC users would agree which is why Vista isn't doing so well.

pbmaster

Processor AMD Phenom II 955
Motherboard Asus Crosshair III Formula
Cooling Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler, 120 mm and 200 mm exhaust, 3 x 120 mm intake
Memory 4 GB OCZ DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon HD 4890
Storage Western Digital 500 GB Blacks in RAID 0/ Wesdtern Digital SE16 250 GB
Display(s) Acer 19" widescreen
Case Antec Nine Hundred
Audio Device(s) Supreme X-Fi
Power Supply Seasonic M12 SS-700HM
Software Windows Vista Home Premium x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3dMark 03-~62k 3dMark 05-~22k 3dMark 06-18268
I really don't care which OS I use. I just don't have the money right now to buy Vista.

System Name Not named
Processor Intel 8700k @ 5Ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Assassin II
Memory 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15
Video Card(s) Zotac 1080 Ti AMP EXTREME
Storage Samsung 960 PRO 512GB
Display(s) 24" Dell IPS 1920x1200
Case Fractal Design R5
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Watt Fully Modular
Vista has been alright on this end, i don't regret buying it at all in fact. Every once in a while on the forums you'll see someone switch to vista from xp and get a surprise that its not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. In fact it tends to be pretty good.

DrPepper

System Name Rusky
Motherboard Asus P6T
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
For myself XP was a true software upgrade, Vista on the other hand is a sidestep with very little benefit or improvement over xp and no doubt the majority of PC users would agree which is why Vista isn't doing so well.

:) I thought of it just like a hardware upgrade ... like moving from AGP to PCIE

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x

Rather that was an initial impression, which was ballooned across the air waves, and those that don't know otherwise bought into it, especially those who are anti-MS, which is a ridiculously high amount of end-users.

If you learn how Windows is built, you would see where Vista differs quite a bit. You would also understand the differences and supposed minimal differences that result in this 'very little benefit' attitude that you and others seem to have, because you're such knowledgeable and informed computer engineers...

Vista runs like ass when it's not properly maintenanced and slimmed, because Windows, true to it's heritage, is bloated for the basic home user or gamer; because it's NOT Unix, and it's not suppose to be. The same is true of XP. It's just lighter on the resources, so thus 'slimming' and 'maintenancing' are less required.

Basically it comes down to "I don't know how to take care of my XP, but it still runs fine, so why bother?" Then the user runs Vista, doesn't get the same performance and says "Vista sucks."

The author of the article was absolutley right. The more idiots hang-on to XP based on unfounded claims and myth-based reasoning, the more difficult it is for Vista to replace it, and subsequentley for developers to make use of it.

DrPepper

System Name Rusky
Motherboard Asus P6T
Software Windows 7 x64
I like vista alot and even though people complain about driver crashes it happens on xp too, anyway usualy I put up with it until there is a fix.

jocksteeluk

Rather that was an initial impression, which was ballooned across the air waves, and those that don't know otherwise bought into it, especially those who are anti-MS, which is a ridiculously high amount of end-users.

If you learn how Windows is built, you would see where Vista differs quite a bit. You would also understand the differences and supposed minimal differences that result in this 'very little benefit' attitude that you and others seem to have, because you're such knowledgeable and informed computer engineers...

Vista runs like ass when it's not properly maintenanced and slimmed, because Windows, true to it's heritage, is bloated for the basic home user or gamer; because it's NOT Unix, and it's not suppose to be. The same is true of XP. It's just lighter on the resources, so thus 'slimming' and 'maintenancing' are less required.

Basically it comes down to "I don't know how to take care of my XP, but it still runs fine, so why bother?" Then the user runs Vista, doesn't get the same performance and says "Vista sucks."

The author of the article was absolutley right. The more idiots hang-on to XP based on unfounded claims and myth-based reasoning, the more difficult it is for Vista to replace it, and subsequentley for developers to make use of it.

So your argument is that the majority of PC users are stupid because they are not knowledgeable enough to know how to "slim down" Vista to run good on their modest spec systems? Wasnt Vista meant to be more user friendly than XP? The Majority controls the market, Vista is flawed because the majority are not pc software geniuses.

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Im not even sure how to respond to this. Ive used Vista and pretty much use it on a daily basis. My wife compares her laptop use (which has Vista) to my home gaming rig (which uses XP 64 bit) and likes mine better. Of course, I try to explain to her my desktop is alot more powerful than her laptop, so that tends to be a major reason of her liking the desktop. On the other hand though, she likes XPs user friendly features (becauses shes used to it) alot more than Vista, but does like how Vista has Media Center integrated as well as other nuances (aero, etc).

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
A reporter and technology analyst for the Washington Post recently took a rather strong point of view regarding Windows Vista and XP. He accepts that Vista has it's flaws, such as "steep hardware requirements, its strict anti-piracy measures, its sometimes-intrusive security measures, its incompatibility with some older products." However, he points out that the current market behavior, which is something along the lines of "don't upgrade until Vista gets better, and beg to keep XP on shelves" is not doing Vista or Microsoft any good. He points out that XP is not a historic monument in need of preservation, and is more like an old car: it's had a good run, but in view of some XP flaws when compared to Vista strongpoints, it's time to move on. The analyst also pointed out that fundamental supply/demand economics is keeping Vista from rising to greatness. As long as the market holds on to XP, and refuses to move on to Vista, software makers will not see a very good reason to adopt or support Vista, which causes most of the problems Vista has today. You can read more details at the source link.

Source: Daily Tech

bad analogy on the analysts part . . . why?

because, in the long run, it's cheaper to keep and properly maintain an older car than it is to go buy the newest dealer-lot model; and if you haven't noticed, newer models come with a lot of bling, bells & whistles, and other useless "fluff" and flair that aren't worth the money you're charged to have them.

In light of this analogy, I'll keep my "classic" model (otherwise known as XP), and continue to maintain it thanks to it's faithful service so far

DrPepper

System Name Rusky
Motherboard Asus P6T
Software Windows 7 x64
So XP is like a dodge charger :) rough on the edges but at least it can drive, while vista is like a Hummer: it takes a big engine to get it going anywhere fast and you need to stop every 3 miles to refuel ? I don't know I'm not familiar with cars.

Last edited:

jocksteeluk

So XP is like a dodge charger :) rough on the edges but at least it can drive, while vista is like a Hummer: it takes a big engine to get it going anywhere fast ? I don't know I'm not familiar with cars.

I think it would be fairer to compare Xp to a Porche and Vista to a Hummer.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
So XP is like a dodge charger :) rough on the edges but at least it can drive, while vista is like a Hummer: it takes a big engine to get it going anywhere fast and you need to stop every 3 miles to refuel ? I don't know I'm not familiar with cars.

I reckon, it'd be like saying that XP is an aging Cadillac Fleetwood where Vista is like an Acura MDX - they've both got all the options; but the aging Fleetwood is a nice drive, comfortable, decent on mileage - and the MDX does all the same, but comes with better theft protection, the built-in mp3 player, bluetooth, nav system, DVD player, backup camera, heated/cooled seats, etc, etc - there's really nothing wrong with the Cadi, good vintage year, solid, reliable if you keep up with the maintenance, and not too many luxury options to distract you from the road; but the MDX is still new to the markup, so you might encounter an engineering hiccup, and how many people will make use of all the luxury options, and how many more will end up t-boning someone cause they were busy starting at a NAV screen instead of the road?

Processor AMD Ryzen R7 3900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Asrock X570 Taichi
Cooling 2x LL140, 4x LL120 / bequiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengence RGB DDR4 (3600 Mhz)
Video Card(s) Red Devil 5700XT
Storage x1 Inland 1TB Nvme, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, 1x WD 1TB, 1x Crucial MX500 500GB, 1x Sandisk X400 256GB
Display(s) Samsung C32H711
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 10 Pro
Why should I go buy Vista when Windows 7 is now on the horizon? The author can't forget that most people who get computers buy them pre-built and don't know a Stream Processor from an ROP, and could care less. Most computer users just want something that works for what they are going to use it for. When that computer starts having serious problems running that person's applications they move on. XP has no serious problems so why should they buy this OS, then just a few years later buy another OS? I don't know what kind of company that author keeps, but if I could buy a new car every 5 years I still wouldn't. Has he ever traveled on a normal road? The kind that's not filled with anything but sparkilng cars that are fresh off their first oil change. He needs to stop living in a fantasy land.

nanohead

If it's not one fanboy it's another. I must question why it's so important to make articles like this. The only true issue to get over is the fact that people have perceptions, ideals, opinions and beliefs. Once they accept this as truth (which is part of what makes human beings what they are) will they start to care-less what other people think about some random OS purchase.

On a side note, belittling those who:
-don't know about Vista
-don't care about Vista
-simply opposed to buying Vista
-not willing to pay for it
-etc
doesn't help validate or recognize that point of view. It not only turns people off even more but it shows poor sportsmanship when things don't go their way.

Well said, my point of view precisely.....

I had the "I'll wait till SP1" attitude also. I'd played around with Vista for the past year, but stuck with XP for everything (8 computers in the house, not including 2 servers). But as soon as Vista SP1 came out on Technet, I built up a new test system with it, and started messing around with it on the side.

What I found was quite amazing. First, the thing is amazingly stable. It NEVER crashed on me. Second, what people hate about it (what I hated about it) can be turned off. All that dopey DRM and security stuff can simply be removed, just like it could be in XP (remember the incredible noise people made when they did XP SP2 and everything stopped working?)

I spent a couple of weeks messing around with it, changing service settings, video settings, playing with drivers, etc, and Voila, its solid as a rock, and quite friendly and nice too. (Thanks Black Viper!)

Microsoft built some nice software, but did an absurd job packaging it, and initial setup for most people makes it a hateful experience. They blew it there for sure, but not on the product itself. Simply turning off User Access Control and Security Center makes it instantly livable.

I've now moved 3 machines (my main system, my gamer rig, and 1 of my kids, getting ready to move my wife too) onto Vista. I really like it, including the stability and the improvements to the file system, networking and stability. Aero is really nice too. No turning back now for me.

Incidentally, what I found on the gamer rig, was most interesting. It is SUPREMELY more stable than XP ever was, and I've always had edgy, modded, and nearly spontaneously combusting gaming rigs. The OS NEVER crashes now with games that have issues, Vista contains it, and gracefully closes it, and then recovers as much memory as it can. That NEVER happened on XP, where it was always BSOD city with misbehaving games, and all that nasty interaction with GPU and sound drivers.

Too bad this thing is so emotional with everyone. People get really mad over this like it really matters..... :laugh:

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
All can say is like ive said before i hope for xp fanbois sake that Windows 7 does turn out to be the greatest os of all time cus if it doesnt then the petitions to have xp extended will be out again boring.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
I have Vista, but I'm still holding out on it -

for starters, I don't have any DX10 games that have urged me to move over yet (although, STALKER: Clear Sky) will prob do me in;

and I can't stand how audio is handled in Vista - stoopid, stoopid :banghead:

those are the only two things that have stayed my upgrade - I'll more than likely try it out for DX10 when a certain game is released . . . but if I don't feel it's worth it, I'll prob go back.

Now, if MS comes and fixes the audio architecture - I'll move on up the minute I hear word on that.

System Name _Speedforce_ (Successor to Strike-X, 4LI3NBR33D-H, Core-iH7 & Nemesis-H)
Processor Intel Core i9 7980XE (Lapped) @ 5.2Ghz With XSPC Raystorm (Lapped)
Motherboard Asus Rampage VI Extreme (XSPC Watercooled) - Custom Heatsinks (Lapped)
Cooling XSPC Custom Water Cooling + Custom Air Cooling (From Delta 220's TFB1212GHE to Spal 30101504&5)
Memory 8x 8Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz @ 4667Mhz (2x F4-4266C17Q-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) 3x Asus GTX1080 Ti (Lapped) With Customised EK Waterblock (Lapped) + Custom heatsinks (Lapped)
Storage 1x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB - 2280 (Hyper M.2 x16 Card), 7x Samsung 860 Pro 4Tb
Display(s) 6x Asus ROG Swift PG348Q
Case Aerocool Strike X (Modified)
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 & Aurvana XFi Headphones
Power Supply 2x Corsair AX1500i With Custom Sheilding, Custom Switching Unit. Braided Cables.
Mouse Razer Copperhead + R.A.T 9
Keyboard Ideazon Zboard + Optimus Maximus. Logitech G13.
Software w10 Pro x64.
Benchmark Scores pppft, gotta see it to believe it. . .
He accepts that Vista has it's flaws, such as "steep hardware requirements, its strict anti-piracy measures, its sometimes-intrusive security measures, its incompatibility with some older products."QUOTE]

Thats right, Vista sucks.

I was one of them people that boycott Vista, and went on to replace Vista with XP Pro for every single customer i had. It seemed like a logical step seeing as the average customer did not have STEEP HARDWARE!

I refuse to ' get over it '. I respect my computer and expect from it!

It would be nice if they didnt compare Operating Systems to cars, but since they are, allow me;
Sure XP is an older model, but its like a Ferrari. Whereas, Vista is a brand new piece of crap that struggles to reach the speed limit.

If what is occuring with the general publics reaction to a pathetic solution to XP is effecting the company in a negative mannor, then perhaps they should address the issue!
The whole scam with DX10, exclusive to Vista is the only reason why someone would install Vista willingly, otherwise its simply to check it out.
95% of computers/laptops that come with Vista pre-installed run over 20% more productively and efficiently with XP Pro in it customized.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
i use vista for dx10 gaming. if you arent gaming in dx10 you might as well be gaming in DOS. sorry, had to say it.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
I've had load more problems with Vista in 2 months than i have had with XP x64 in over 2 1/2 years.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
So your argument is that the majority of PC users are stupid because they are not knowledgeable enough to know how to "slim down" Vista to run good on their modest spec systems? Wasnt Vista meant to be more user friendly than XP? The Majority controls the market, Vista is flawed because the majority are not pc software geniuses.

very well said...

the OS failed to meet expectations.

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard ROG Strix X670-E
Cooling Lian Li Galahead 360 AIO
Memory 2x16gb Flare X5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3060
Storage 2TB WD SN850X Black NVMe, 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe
Display(s) Gigabyte 32" IPS 144Hz
Case Hyte Y60
Power Supply Corsair RMx 850
Software Win 11 Pro/ PopOS!
I feel like if so many people didn't jump on the vista hate bandwagon, dx10 would be catching on quicker w/ developers. I think a big reason dx10 is moving so slowly and we still haven't had a game built natively for it is they would get hell for it, b/c so many people are still resisting vista for whatever reason (usually not a very good one imo). This is partly microsoft's fault for making dx10 a vista only requirement, and for having enough problems at the outset to set the market against them (although word of mouth has gotten pretty ill-informed sometimes on the interweb in this regard), but damn, when consumers start hurting progress, something is amiss.

Last edited:

Rebo&Zooty

haha, more like a hummber h2, looks nice, but is mostly made of plastic and when the plastic blings removed it looks very pathetic......very very pathetic.......

i prefer my x64pro, very nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.