• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Technology Analyst: Get Over Vista Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylew

Processor Main: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 3.7Ghz / Server: Q6600@ Stock
Motherboard Main: Asus P5E @ Rampage Forumla / Server: P5K Deluxe
Cooling Main: Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme (8 x 120mm fans inc. PSU + 2 x 92mm fans.) / Server: Stock
Memory Main: 4x2GB Gskill DDR2 1000Mhz / Server: 4x1GB Gskill DDR2 800Mhz
Video Card(s) Main: 2GB 5870 Eyefinity 6 / Server: HD 4850
Storage 8 Internal (SATA) 2 External (USB). Total storage 5.4TB
Display(s) Triple Dell 24" 2408WFP
Case Main: Silverstone TJ07 / Server: Coolermaster Stacker 810
Audio Device(s) Main: Auzentech Xmystique / Server: NI Rig Kontrol
Power Supply Main: Coolermaster Realpower 850w Modular / Server Tagan 600W Modular
Software Main: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit / Server: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark 06 19.5k 3D Mark Vantage 12.5k Super PI 13.4s
mabye you need to look in the mirror, everything you said there applies to you from our point of view..

HAHAHAHA :roll: *points and laughs* :nutkick:

Seriously, what are you even on about? What is it that I'm biased about? What am I misguided about? So, is it my opinion that vista only bsods when it's a hardware issue or I've overclocked too much? MAYBE It's just an opinion that it doesn't crash for me, maybe it actually DOES, but I'm so misguided that I'm convinced it doesn't. Is it my opinion that vista runs well and stable for me, ie, no crashes unless it's a hardware fault? That can never be an opinion, it either does or it doesn't. I'm not even against XP, i prefer vista, but I've used XP for years previously. I think your argument has got to the point that you don't actually where your influences from what you've read starts, and your opinion ends. :confused:

You need to back up onto a broom handle wrapped in coarse sand paper. :rolleyes:

Rebo&Zooty

What's funny is how people are bashing vista so badly, yet the people who are defending it aren't actually saying anything against XP. People need to seriously get over this, it's an OS, we're not talking about taking your air from you and giving you CO2 to breathe instead. :rolleyes: I think it's pretty safe to say that most of the bashers really haven't used vista, and they're going off what they've read on the internet. The only issue vista has would be the way it handles audio, as already mentioned, and that's not even an issue to me. If you actually used vista, you'd realise it's very stable, and can avoid crashes very easily. The only BSODs I get with vista are when something's faulty, or I've overclocked too high. Everything else is solid, and if something crashes, vista will recover or stop it. If you people applied this mentality in life, you'd end up getting heavily laughed at, or sectioned for believing your opinion is the ultimate fact regardless of your level of experience with said thing.

again this applys to you not just us, look in the mirror, your stateing that your oppenion that vista is great as fact.

Rebo&Zooty

HAHAHAHA :roll: *points and laughs* :nutkick:

Seriously, what are you even on about? What is it that I'm biased about? What am I misguided about? So, is it my opinion that vista only bsods when it's a hardware issue or I've overclocked too much? Is it my opinion that vista runs well and stable for me, ie, no crashes unless it's a hardware fault? That can never be an opinion, it either does or it doesn't. I'm not even against XP, i prefer vista, but I've used XP for years previously. I think your argument has got to the point that you don't actually where your influences from what you've read starts, and your opinion ends. :confused:

see, i have said this for years, when somebody cant win an "argument" on the net with logic they turn to personal attacks or spelling/grammer attacks, in this case he has turned to both attacking me personaly and attacking my spelling/grammer

You do realise that it's most probably made from tracing paper? Are you sure you want that? Maybe you need to wipe all that BS from around your mouth.

how mature.......

kylew

Cooling Main: Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme (8 x 120mm fans inc. PSU + 2 x 92mm fans.) / Server: Stock
Power Supply Main: Coolermaster Realpower 850w Modular / Server Tagan 600W Modular
see, i have said this for years, when somebody cant win an "argument" on the net with logic they turn to personal attacks or spelling/grammer attacks, in this case he has turned to both attacking me personaly and attacking my spelling/grammer

how mature.......

Right, so... You didn't actually answer anything from my post. How is it an opinion that my installation of vista doesn't crash? It either does, or doesn't. Opinions come in to play when there's more than 2 out comes, true or false. Look at binary, 1 or 0. Your opinion will be if you like the taste of something, but some one else doesn't, there's nothing to govern if that will be definite yes or definite no. As for "attacking" your spelling and grammar, it's quite painful to read some of your posts because of how much you've butchered up your words. My OPINION is that your typing is pretty bad to look at, maybe others aren't bothered, but that's their OPINION, see how it works? FACT = your spelling and grammar is bad OPINION = it looks bad to me, some won't be bothered. Are you beginning to understand how it works now?

Just because YOU don't like vista (though I highly doubt you've used it, and you'll give the reason for not using it is that it's a POS, which just goes around in a circle), yet you feel the need to let everyone who likes vista, know that you don't like it, and that they shouldn't like it. No one's told you to like vista, they've just corrected you when you spew rubbish that you will have most probably not experienced yourself as if it's 100% fact. Vista being rubbish is OPINION, you don't like it, fair enough. Just SHUT UP telling everyone they're wrong for liking it. You're going on as if people are saying there's something wrong with you for liking XP.

No one else is expressing opinion as fact. merely letting you know that these issues you believe to be real are actually FUD and the only problem you could actually count that you've made reference to is the audio. Think about it like this: The radeon 2900, when it came out wasn't up to speed, it was hot, slow and struggled with AA and AF, few months down the line, better drivers and even the release of the 3800s, these issues are dampened by quite a bit to the point where this AA "problem" is quite minimal. Now, you can't say this is opinion as there are benchmarks to indicate a lot of these issues have been resolved. Now what you're doing is clinging on to problems you've read about, and not even willing to consider the possibility that these issues will be or have been sorted. Fine, these issues used to be an issue, they've been fixed, get over it now.

I'm overwhelmed by the passion some people have about software, especially when they appear to be so set in their ways. Take a moment to remind yourself of your own hobby, ever moving, ever changing. Why complain about change? It's not inflicted or forced upon you. If vista was forced upon you, then maybe you'd have point, but as it is, it's optional, it always will be. You don't ever have to install it if you really don't want to.

As for those people petitioning for the XP extension, what happened to their beloved copies of XP? They don't need MORE do they? People need to let go of the old otherwise progress is being inhibited.

Last edited:
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
All sorts of money??? A fully matured product does not cost "All sorts of money" to maintain support!!!

Understand that operating systems are perfected by the USER...not MS. That is called BETA testing....and for W2K and WXP that BETA testing has been ongoing for the past 8+ years..and continues as I write this message. That why we have SP1 SP2 SP3 SP4...and on and on.

You also need to face the FACT that MS is an extremely profitable company---Primarily due to the success of 2000/XP over these 8+ years. MS has all the liquid they need to maintain these products for 20+years.....without even feeling a pin prick!

Finally, there is no TRUE competitor for MS Windows....except for MS itself---basically MS management dropped the ball with VISTA----this has been the biggest downfalls of all monopolies/dictatorships in history-----self destruction!!!

I do appreciate Your enthusiasm Rhino - keep researching this issue - don't just take my word for it!

Regards,
jtleon

Wow, and all this time I thought XP has been a fully released OS, not a RTM, or Beta, or partial release. Then again, perfected by users? What perfected to run with shit software?

Crap software installed by know nothing users, things like P2P clients with spyware and adware, but when their system slows they blame XP as people unkowingly make broad strokes of assumptions based on a small amount of personal experiance?

Take Windows XP alone, with no other programs installed. Does it work. Yes.

Now install a piece of crap software that was coded using unsecure connections and other means of working, install a security software, and when it doesn't work blame XP/Vista. Was it the OSs fault? No. User/software coding was at fault. But it is easier to blame the biggest target.

So everything you said, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.......

kylew

Wow, and all this time I thought XP has been a fully released OS, not a RTM, or Beta, or partial release. Then again, perfected by users? What perfected to run with shit software?

Crap software installed by know nothing users, things like P2P clients with spyware and adware, but when their system slows they blame XP as people unkowingly make broad strokes of assumptions based on a small amount of personal experiance?

Now install a piece of crap software that was coded using unsecure connections and other means of working, install a security software, and when it doesn't work blame XP/Vista. Was it the OSs fault? No. User/software coding was at fault. But it is easier to blame the biggest target.

This is the same logic people use to bash anything they don't like. I've seen many people bash something because it "doesn't work", regardless of if it's actually set up correctly or not, the fact that they aren't satisfied means that it's rubbish. I've seen people set things up wrong, then moan that they aren't getting the right result that they want, but then they're not willing to re-do it the way that works, but still want to label it as rubbish. Run a clean XP and a clean Vista, they're both be very stable, once you introduce third party apps, badly coded ones too, and you're obviously not gonna get the best results. It's like blaming windows because your PC is messed up due to limewire (most people with sense steer clear of this now), but a lot of others will be adamant that it's, the OS for example.

Rebo&Zooty

RTM is "full" from ms's point of view, and its true that with ms software even after its "full" you spend years beta testing it so they can patch buggs, the diffrance between ms "full" and many other companys full is that other companys "full" tend to have less buggs and be more mature when they go retail.

as to the crapware problem, this is true, BUT mac's have crapware, and so does linux(tho in far smaller numbers) and you dont see them bsoding due to poorly coded apps faulting out, im no mac/linux lover, but i do see their strong points, *nix core is far more resilant then windows tends to be, an app can crash out and not take anything else with it, in windows, yes even vista i have seen apps crash and take other stuff with them.

one friend of mine kept having windows live messenger crash, it would take other apps with it under vista, including ms office 2007, well patching didnt fix it, reinstalling didnt fix it, and he needed MSN/WLM for work(its what they use in his company to communicate) so after alot of screwing around he gave up and called microsoft, they had him do everything we already tryed, then said he should reinstall vista and see if that fixed it........

he gave up, installed 2k3(he got a free copy from the ms rep at the same time i did) its working fine, hes still waiting to hear back on the error ticket he submited that night, he has a backup on his external hdd of the install incase they can fix it, (true image rocks)

cant really blame him, but im sure from the vista fanatics point of view this never happened and ms never admited there are weird buggs with vista.
and bill gates mr.microsoft himself never effectivly said vista sucks.

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I think that's enough of flaming each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.