• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative Software Modder Daniel_K Gone for Good

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
I'm sorry imperial, I have to almost fully disagree with you here. D_K got all of the features mentioned above to work correctly in Vista, minus true hardware acceleration. This isn't Vista's fault, it's Creative's.

fixed :toast:

most of the features worked from the start (except Dolby encoding), but not for all users. Not really sure why, as it was driver related, but:

If he can get it to work, so can they. They just don't want to. And considering the X-Fi line is not EOL, there is absolutely no excuse for it.

As for IP rights, yes, D_K should not enable features that aren't advertised for the products. Like the previously mentioned Dolby encoding. But they should leave him the hell alone on any of the other aspects, or else just do it themselves.

100% agree. The Bush administration seems to be able to accomplish more than Creative's driver team . . . which is sad. The whole lot of them needs to be bumped and replaced.

Although, I still think this most current issue here is a fake message being taken out of context by everyone - I don't think Creative should do anything to jepordize the work the he's done with their drivers so far. Hell, Creative had even released a statement a while back where they had alluded to being happy with what he has done for the community . . .

IDK, this issue now just seems a little odd, IMO.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
worst move CL could ever do, looks like he will be Making Drivers for the Other 3 Companies.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Creative's intellectual property. Well within their rights to do what they want. Imagine if people had been reverse engineering microsoft's code, I doubt people would have been so sympathetic.

Ahem, ReactOS, "CleanRoom Engineering"

thequestor

System Name Scorpius
Processor i7 2600K @ 4.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth P67
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 8 Gigs G-Skill DDR3 1066
Video Card(s) 1x Powercooler HD6990 1x Sapphire HD4870
Storage Raid0_0 2x 500Gig SATA III Raid0_1 2x 500 Gig SATA 1x 750 SATA
Display(s) 1x Samsung 26" 2x Acer 22"
Case ThermalTake MozartTX
Audio Device(s) Sountblaster X-FI Elite
Power Supply 1x X4 1050Watt 1x Thermaltake PCIex 300 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1144347 http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3127826 http://3dmark.com/3dm06/15684116
Creative Losing Money

I hate to say it. GOOD!. I have always bought Creative top of the line cards. all the way back to the original Soundblaster. I have a X-FI Elite pro in this box and I was happy with it in XP, well I was happy after a year or so when they released a driver that actually worked with multi-core processors. Then Vista came and it made my $400 sound card suck again. Creative had PLENTY of time to write and test drivers LONG before Vista was RTM. The Driver Model was firm nearly a year before RTM.

Creative has always released awesome top of the line hardware, but has NEVER been able to release drivers that didn't suck.

Remember when the Live! came out. All thier PR was about the programmable nature of the EMU10k SPU. Yah right. what new features ever came out for that card or any other card based on the 10k [including the XFI] programmable chip? NONE and worse is that they disabled features to force obsolete the hardware.

I honestly hope they keep losing money until they figure out that it is PEOPLE who buy thier crap and it is these people who they should bend over backwards to support. Or better just go out of business. That way I am forced to buy another companies product.

Good riddance.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Theres the driver for the Live/PCI Line

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/
I hate to say it. GOOD!. I have always bought Creative top of the line cards. all the way back to the original Soundblaster. I have a X-FI Elite pro in this box and I was happy with it in XP, well I was happy after a year or so when they released a driver that actually worked with multi-core processors. Then Vista came and it made my $400 sound card suck again. Creative had PLENTY of time to write and test drivers LONG before Vista was RTM. The Driver Model was firm nearly a year before RTM.

Creative has always released awesome top of the line hardware, but has NEVER been able to release drivers that didn't suck.

Remember when the Live! came out. All thier PR was about the programmable nature of the EMU10k SPU. Yah right. what new features ever came out for that card or any other card based on the 10k [including the XFI] programmable chip? NONE and worse is that they disabled features to force obsolete the hardware.

I honestly hope they keep losing money until they figure out that it is PEOPLE who buy thier crap and it is these people who they should bend over backwards to support. Or better just go out of business. That way I am forced to buy another companies product.

Good riddance.

Ahem, ReactOS, "CleanRoom Engineering"

http://www.reactos.org/en/index.html

They say here that this is a "ground up implementation". Like I said before, if Daniel wants to build drivers from scratch, he should. But these are modified drivers.

Secondly, this will never reach the popularity similar to the modified creative drivers mentioned here.

The crucial thing here, is that Daniel blew his chance by unlocking extra features. Creative clearly wanted to end this there and then, and set a precedent. At that point they became "hacks" and creative excercised their right (which always existed) to end this. A promise not to unlock anything after this means nothing. I may be wrong in the last bit, but he seems to have done exactly this with Vista drivers by enabling things which otherwise didnt exist in the Vista drivers.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
ya in June Issue of CPU Mag, they stated CL was telling DK to backoff, but originally, they offered him a XFi 2 Card- he declined because he was getting cards from other makers, so im sure he will probably end up working for the other companies or modify/create drivers that outdo Creatives Cards.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Im telling my mommie on you waaaaaaaaa

:roll:

yeah - cause it's just that funny :toast:

sad part here, i kinda agree with him, you do come off as a creative fanboi, dispite the fact that creative is intentionaly screwing you and anybody who has one of their current cards........

I've never been screwed by Creative - I've never had major issues with my hardware, ever, over the years I've been a customer. But, one thing I can say for sure with audio cards is that they don't always work correctly right out of the box. if anyone remembers the ISA days and earlier PCI days, it required a little work to install things. Audio cards are very picky.

That being said, I find their hardware worth it - but again, I find their tech support to be shoddy and worthless. That's the whole reason I started the X-Fi thread here, is to try and offer help for those that can't get it through Creative.

I've taken both sides with Creative recently over the last 6 months. It depends on the issue, and how people are reacting. I felt that Creative charging Audigy users $10 for the ALchemy software was a load of tripe, and I made that statement known, and was willing to point users in the direction of a "free" legit ALchemy download for Audigy users, as I didn't feel they should have to pay. I took both sides when the first dan_k driver issue broke - Creative's side defending their EULA, and the users side cause Creative were idiotic enough to publicly admit to defeating hardware features (bad PR move, no company should be this dumb).

But, I see a lot of people that get into the mob-mentality and don't think why an audio company might react this way, or what the big picture is - there's too many people that join along just cause they don't know any better, or can't think for themselves.

Last edited:
Processor I7 4770k
Motherboard ASUS z87 pro
Cooling Corsair a50
Memory 4x4 gig Gskil aries ddr3 1866
Video Card(s) Gigabyte r280x windforce
Storage intel 520 120 gig ssd
Display(s) 24 inch Asus IPS
Case Cool Master
Audio Device(s) realtek onboard
Power Supply hiper 880
Software win 7 ult
sad part here, i kinda agree with him, you do come off as a creative fanboi, dispite the fact that creative is intentionaly screwing you and anybody who has one of their current cards........

some people just dont care and are better off left alone or the will cry wolf.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Next post of off topic garbage, everyone gets a bunch of infractions...:shadedshu

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
It was an interesting read to be sure, his response that is. I think it sucks that they are all gangster about it. I fully expect them to protect their property rights, but he just did what they failed to do.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
imperialreign: ofcorse creatives loosing money, and ofcorse they are loosing shareholders.

this has little to do with getting new products out, it has ALOT to do with how they run their company and how they treat their costmers, if you do crap like intentionaly crippling hardware people payed GOOD MONEY FOR and dont fix long standing driver problems, oh yeah and dont properly test your hardware( x-fi and nforce4 anybody?, sblive and via chipsets/irq sharing anybody?) your gonna loose peoples faith.

its like abusing a person or pet, eventuly the animal sees you coming and heads the otherway, even if you mean it no harm this time.

Some people like you are slow to learn, they will back a company even as that same companys screwing them without any lube, but most people get screwed over once or twice and move along to another company, its why i dont buy from certen hardware makers/sellers anymore, creative is at the top of that list.

<sigh> :banghead:

Like I just mentioned, I've never been screwed by Creative, so I have no right to bitch and complain. I've also run across numerous other users runnign both XP and Vista who've never had a problem, either. Why should I have to move on from a company I have no beef with? Sure, I find their customer relations distasteful, but that hasn't changed my opinion about their hardware. Seriously, give me one solid, good reason to move away from a company I personally have no issues with . . .

Considering the bad publicity Creative have come under over the last 6 months or so, there's enough noise out in the general public that potential customers should be aware of the issues as well. But, their hardware is still good and reliable, and in that respect, and considering the vast amounts of users who've never had any issues, I'm still willing to recommend their hardware. If you hear about the bad PR and still decide to purchase their products, that's your deal, but I'll still be more than willing to help out should an issue crop up; and if you're still not happy at that point - return the card. This doesn't mean I only recommend Creative's products, though, as many other users here can point out, anytime a thread crops up with people looking for soundcard purchasing advice, I generally try to figure out what their intended and typical use would be so I can recommend a card that I feel would best suit their needs. i don't recommend with any bias, and I don't change how I interact with others with any bias.

If other users have a problem with how a company handles itself, that's their issue - it's up to them to make the decision to stick with the company or not. I find it absolutely histarical, though, the number of users with Creative hardware that have pitched a fit over things, but the used hardware market isnt' flooded with Creative cards yet - if you have that much of an issue, why hold on to the hardware? Sell it and put the money towards what you consider to be a better product.

Just because you don't like a company doesn't mean that other users would still be able to make use of said company's equipment, and never experience any problems.

As of that, I'm done with this thread - if I was in the mood to debate my views of a questionable audio company, I'd go hand out with the career-trolls lurking the Creative forums . . . I have no use for that here at TPU.

imperialreign: ofcorse creatives loosing money, and ofcorse they are loosing shareholders.

this has little to do with getting new products out, it has ALOT to do with how they run their company and how they treat their costmers, if you do crap like intentionaly crippling hardware people payed GOOD MONEY FOR and dont fix long standing driver problems, oh yeah and dont properly test your hardware( x-fi and nforce4 anybody?, sblive and via chipsets/irq sharing anybody?) your gonna loose peoples faith.

its like abusing a person or pet, eventuly the animal sees you coming and heads the otherway, even if you mean it no harm this time.

Some people like you are slow to learn, they will back a company even as that same companys screwing them without any lube, but most people get screwed over once or twice and move along to another company, its why i dont buy from certen hardware makers/sellers anymore, creative is at the top of that list.

As erocker said stay on topic.

From a legal standpoint, Daniel, is unfortunately CRIMINAL. He has commited a criminal offence by breaching the EULA. A lot of you guys go "oh but the customers"- I mean what sort of logic is that? The law rules above all. You CAN'T bypass laws, the EULA states that any unliscenced modification of intellectual property will result in criminal charges. Daniel is legally not allowed to modify the drivers. Yes it might defy logic, but isnt the law usually logic-defying?

And anyway, if Daniel was allowed to continue with modifications (and if he was liscenced to do it), you do realise that it won't actually harm the profits of creative. Hes unlocking features; more bang for buck per-product-Something that consumers desire. They legally can't allow daniel to make drivers. You cannot compare this to ATI/Nvidia, as they do not have a EULA binded to them.

On the flipside... daniel has overreacted to that email. Everything about it screams fake-looks like a prank.

Greed is suffering. Most of you should learn that. My EMUK10 Live Value still has drivers for it, I was pleasantly surprised how well featured they were. I'm still going to purchase an XFI if i decide to upgrade, probably an Auzentech, just note that Creative makes the chip.

Last edited:
System Name Current
Processor Core i5 2500k
Motherboard Z77MA-G45
Cooling Cooler Master Tx3
Memory 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 960 4GB GDDR5
Storage (1) SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 IPS
Case Fractal Core 1000
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 430 Watt Corsair
Mouse Logitech g602
Keyboard K70 LUX Mech LB, Red LED, Cherry MX Brown
Software Windows 10 + Hackintosh
I am done with creative, never buying another creative product EVER again. Enjoy creative, lets watch the market shares drop!

read what dk said, creative said he couldnt put out driver packs, BUT could offer patches, basickly a workaround for their EULA is to let the user run the patch eather on the already installed driver OR on the driver pack b4 install.

Then it doesn't make sense that an email like that was sent; that email was a prank...

i came to that conclution after dealing with their support years ago, then it was re-enforced with clients who bought xtream music cards that had the 100% cpu use AND studdering buggs, and creative had NO FIX, the fix ended up being to replace the card with a product using another companys chips.

CTRL+F erocker and read his post.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
my Lithuanian stuborness is kicking in right about now . . .

and i see you havent been screwed, but i would bet a part of why you wont install vista is because you know your card you payed alot of $ for WONT WORK PROPERLY in vista, not because creative couldnt make it work, but because they want to force you to buy a new card when they get one out.

the reason I won't install Vista is that the OS audio architecture is shoddily written, that, and I have no DX10 games worthy enough to call for a Vista install.

I'd rather have direct hardware access in XP, than a workaround which introduces latency in Vista.

As I've mentioned before, the issues with Vista - Creative and MS are both equally to blame for the numerous audio issues that every audio card has been running into again and again.\

During development of the OS, MS was working with nVidia and Creative on the audio architecture, to change it to be more stable, but still allow DirectSound access like we have with XP. For no reason, nVidia dropped from the project, and not long after MS gave up on it - which left Creative high and dry. They already had functioning drivers for this, but now that the audio architecture was different than they initially expected, they had to go back to the drawing board - and they also spent a lot of time with the OpenAL API to ready a new API release . . . this is the biggest reason Creative were almost 6 months behind the Vista release date with alpha drivers. This is also why we've seen so many Vista beta drivers be released, as they're still working on correct functionality. It's still hit or miss.

I have another rig here tha I maintain frequently running Vista home, and has an Elite Pro installed - and not a single issue with that, either. But I won't install Vista on my rig yet, as I don't see a need for it. Once someone releases a full DX10 game that I feel is worth the effort, I will (STALKER: Clear Sky should do the trick).

even those shops wont sell the newer creative cards to people, because the drivers suck and its pretty clear creative isnt going to fix them.

dk has said exectly why I cant support creative, even if i personaly havent ever had an x-fi card in my system let alone had vista and an x-fi.

I can see where people are unhappy with it, and I see where Creative have goofed as well - but how many people are looking at it from the manufacturer's stand point as well? Considering the numbers of users out there with Live! series cards that pitched a fit when Creative finally declared them EOSL.

Besides, the drivers don't always suck - many of the times it's hardware or software incompatibilities. This is a big issue everyone has gotten invloved with as more and more commoners who aren't tech aware like we are go out and buy an Xtreme Gamer or Xtreme Audio from Best Buy or Circuit City to install in their Dell or HP system. Factor in the number of people that can't even turn off their onboard audio, and go crying to Creative when their new hardware doesn't work right . . .

sure, I realize that on certain systems there are issues with the drivers, but there are also many "user errors" as well

by acting like creative is "do no wrong" your supporting uninformed people buying cards that they will then have to use hacked drivers to get full function out of.

and TBH i dont give a rats ass about weather or not he broke the EULA, creative broke the trust by intentionaly crippling their hardware via crapp drivers.

where have I come across as acting as Creative has "done no wrong?" I flat out stated in a few posts already what I've felt was crossing the line in-so-far as how they've treated some customers . . . I've mentioned numerous times in my X-Fi thread where I feel that Creative has screwed up. But, I also recognize the fact that there are numerous other users out ther who've never had a problem as well - why should I allow a few PR mistakes, and the whinning of commoners to influence my recommendations to another user that could potentially benefit from one of their cards? I'm also more than willing to inform new users to this site of the issues Creative have been facing, and at that point, it's up to them what they decide to install.

As to the EULA - so you're claiming that Creative disabaling features for Vista drivers for the Audigy series is wrong - even though the Audigy series were never advertised as Vista ready? The X-Fi cards, although, were advertised as such, but how do we know that disabled features on these drivers were not just a temporary headache that would be re-instated once things were ironed out (like removal of DX10.1 support in Assassin's Creed with the first patch, and then re-instated with the second)?

People were pissed off that their 6-8 year old hardware no longer functioned correctly. IMO, I say be glad they continued support for so long. Like I said before, find me a piece of hardware that old that can handle current OSes, software and games.

I'm not saying Creative have been a handful of angels here, but I'm not going to go around the web spreading tripe to all the uninformed users out there as well. There are three sides to each story, and everyone has only been interested in one side of their situation.

as to holding him crimanaly responcible, HA, he didnt charge for his acctions, he didnt make any profit from it, all they can do is at most a VERY light slap on the wrist.

also those kinds of EULA's are on questionable ground, just like companys claming that they licence software not sell it, in a story i read a while back Autodesk got pwnt in court for sending dmca notices to somebody for selling used copys of their software on ebay.

DMCA rulings have been having a hard time standing up since that act was passed - it's unfair, and doesn't allow the end user enough rights. Personally, I still hold to the Copyright Act of 1986, which allows for users to make one back-up copy of any digital media for their own use.

Anyhow, d_k didn't exactly charge for the drivers, but he was enabling features that Creative didn't support (like Dolby encoding with the X-Fis) . . . why they didn't support these features is their knowledge, as they haven't said. There could be some kind of contractual agreement between Creative and Dolby and/or Auzentech. If Creative acted like d_k's driver's didn't exist, they could've been held accountable for those drivers breaching a contract. It's all theory, we don't know, as Creative hasn't said.

and as of that - I'm fully done with this. Time to head out for the night, instead of dealing with users calling me blind as much as they are.

Processor AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.825ghz 1.36v
Motherboard ASRock x370 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-C14s
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB 16gb 3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 ti
Display(s) LG 4k IPS
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 + more fans
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply EVGA P2 750w
Mouse G900
Keyboard G810
Software Windows 10 Pro
Hmm I had such faith in Creative over the years to the point where I wouldnt use integrated at all. Using DK drivers now, but was I wrong to have such faith in Creative that they wouldnt let me down?

I guess I saw it coming, stacking up sorta. First was when I was trying to fix a crash issue (BSOD) and their phone support literally yelled at me when I said I had gone through the standard routines as they listed. Also how much of a hassle it was to get some games to stop auto shutting off the sound or how it would pop and crackle alot.

Tkpenalty: I understand what your saying and technically you are correct, but see it this way; The features Creative was mad at Daniel_K for was the ones we had already had for Windows XP. When people asked why they were removed and not put back for Vista, they said it was in the same group as where DirectSound3D went (which was true, but..). Daniel_K plopped it in at full force and proved to the community that Creative was directly lying to them. We arnt very happy about that.

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I am getting tired of babysitting this thread. Next time someone screws up I am going to close it.

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
worst move CL could ever do, looks like he will be Making Drivers for the Other 3 Companies.

Actualy I think the worst they could do was to stop selling their current soundcards and release a blank pcb that had a funny sticker on it and used a PCI-E 16x slot and had some Plutonium 239 sellotaped to it :laugh: just trying to lighten up the conversation but as for what I think of creative :confused: I don't care too much.

I am done with creative, never buying another creative product EVER again. Enjoy creative, lets watch the market shares drop!

Agreed. This *is* it! :mad: My X-Fi is going to be sold first thing tomorrow morning. I have no need for a product coming from such a disgraceful and arrogant company. :shadedshu

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Ryzen 9 5980HX
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4(With Noctua Fans)
Memory 32Gb Crucial 3600 Ballistix
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080, Asus 6800M
Storage Adata SX8200 1TB NVME/WD Black 1TB NVME
Display(s) Dell 27 Inch 165Hz
Case Phanteks P500A
Audio Device(s) IFI Zen Dac/JDS Labs Atom+/SMSL Amp+Rivers Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 SE Hero
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey Plus
Software Windows 10
I'm thinking that creative would be pissed off because a certain set of drivers he made phased out the creative x-fi xtreme audio(fake audigy), they would be pissed at that more than everything else he did.

System Name n.audBl
Processor E8500 @ 3.80GHz
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme
Cooling Full liquid (everything except power supply)
Memory 4Gb OCZ DDR2 PC9600
Video Card(s) Dual EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition
Storage Dual WD Raptor in RAID 0 (300Gb), Dual WD 1Tb Cavair in RAID 1
Display(s) Dell 2407 24" HD+ Widescreen
Case Theraltake Tai-Chi
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Fata1ty (bleh!)
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Win 7 64bit
The point of upgrading is getting better performance and/or functionality. Not getting the same damn thing for new money on the newer OS.
By your reasoning... should we should also buy our owned games again if we switch to Vista?:shadedshu

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
/me wonders if I should pull my audigy 2 and creative speakers

but then I would have crappy onboard and no speakers...

Agreed. This *is* it! :mad: My X-Fi is going to be sold first thing tomorrow morning. I have no need for a product coming from such a disgraceful and arrogant company. :shadedshu

For how much? :roll:

[sarcasm]SIGH you people make the smartest descisions i've ever seen :)[/sarcasm]

Sapientwolf

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad QX9770 Yorkfield 4.00GHz
Motherboard Asus P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP X38 Chipset Motherboard
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Heatsink| Fans: Intake 1x120mm and 2x140mm| Exhaust 1x120mm and 2x140mm
Memory 4GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 7-7-7-26
Video Card(s) 2 x Diamond Multimedia HD 4870 512MB Graphics Cards in CrossfireX
Storage 2 Western Digital 500GB 32MB Cache Caviar Blacks in RAID 0| 1 500GB 32MB Cache Seagate Barracuda.
Display(s) Sceptre X24WG 24" 1920x1200 4000:1 2ms LCD Monitor
Case Cooler Master CM 690
Audio Device(s) HT Omega HT Claro+
Power Supply Aerocool 750W Horsepower PSU
Software Windows Vista Home Premium x64
They are not mistakes, Creative INTENTIONALY cripples hardware by dissabling functionality via the drivers, DK was just re-enabling that, creative just got pissed that they got caught at it and backed off, i would bet this ends up with creative trying to get him to come back again simply because of the backlash.

There are plenty of companies who cripple hardware via the drivers. They have the right to offer you whatever level of service they want, no matter what the hardware is capable of. It's why Intel charges premium for a processor with an unlocked multiplier, although the hardware is essentially the same.

Economics is based on products and services, this is dependent on the services they want you to have, not what the product is fully capable of.

I side with Creative if he was unlocking features they didn't want you to have. I side with the modder if Creative was failing to offer functionality up to what the XP drivers offered.