• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What is the gaming community turning into?

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
http://news.filefront.com/sesslers-soapbox-is-tired-of-the-bigots-on-xbox-live/

I for one am actually glad that something like this was brought up. Especially coming from Sessler from G4.

I have been in plenty of online matches where people decide that they need to be racist and throw out other unnecessary racial and homophobic slurs. Its just damn outright uncalled for. There is no need for it and I, just like Sessler, want to know why people feel the need to be like that?

If you watch the above video and you are like me, you will agree with me. If not, I too would like to hear why others find it necessary to do it.

Please feedback welcome but keep it clean.

Processor Intel i5-3570K @ 3.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock LGA1155 Z77 Extreme 4
Cooling Cooler Master Evo 212
Memory 16GB (4X4) G.Skill Ripjaw 2 DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Nvidia gForce GTX 660ti
Storage 1x Samsung 840 EVO 256GB 6Gb/s, 1x WD 500GB 6Gb/s, 1x WD 80GB 3Gb/s
Display(s) ASUS VH242H Black + 2 HP 2311x 23" LED
Case Fractal Design R4
Audio Device(s) Realtek OnBoard Both
Power Supply Cooler Master 850w
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Hey I totally agree with you, it is really bad. There has been times where my little brothers are playing a game and there saying things that I wasn't plan on wanting my little brother to here this stuff until he is older. And this stuff doesn't all go on like Xbox live, it even happens on PC gaming to. And there is times to where I would leave a game because of all the talk that goes on. Now I am not going to lie here, but I do swear online but it isn't with all racial or crude remarks. Pretty much now I only play with my Clans or with friends.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
http://news.filefront.com/sesslers-soapbox-is-tired-of-the-bigots-on-xbox-live/

I for one am actually glad that something like this was brought up. Especially coming from Sessler from G4.

I have been in plenty of online matches where people decide that they need to be racist and throw out other unnecessary racial and homophobic slurs. Its just damn outright uncalled for. There is no need for it and I, just like Sessler, want to know why people feel the need to be like that?

If you watch the above video and you are like me, you will agree with me. If not, I too would like to hear why others find it necessary to do it.

Please feedback welcome but keep it clean.

I truly don't know, man - it's one of the biggest reasons I've moved away from MP gaming over the years . . . too many kids coming in with no respect or self control, and completely destroying the experience.

I've never understood the need for cheating online, either; or making use of "hax"

even the way others sometimes conduct themselves is ridiculous, and they get bent out of shape over stoopid things. For example, not too long ago (5, maybe 6 months), I was online with Doom3, good server, with a good grouping of respectful players . . . but this one user after 15 min of game time started calling for votes to boot me from the game without ever offering an excuse, I finally had to ask him WTF? and he responded it was because I kept using the chaingun solely (votes kept getting turned down anyhow, though); what dumbfounded me was that this particular user was leading by a massive margin, because he was using the rocket launcher solely. I, actually, was the only one capable of mowing him down thanks to my weapon of choice, but as soon as he'd pick up the RPG he'd start raking kills again and calling for votes to boot me, and throwing public insults at me cause I wouldn't put down the chaingun. Being the gamer that I am, I didn't acknowledge any of his comments, nor respond to him with anything other than ammo. Other had had enough and dropped out of the game though, and he continue to instigate me after other users had left - still . . . why? It's not like I was responding to him comments, and I found the whole thing to be rather childish to begin with . . . simply becuase I was his only real competition.

I've had other times where people start throwing bible quotes at me due to me user name "{SAMAEL 13:26}", and all that biblical mumbo-jumbo. Online gaming (especially the likes of Doom3, FEAR, Quake4) is no place for bible-thumping, and kinda ironic IMO as well.

I've been insulted when I'm leading in the fragfest, and I've been belittled when I'm trailing.

years ago, it was never like that.

but, y'know, not to down on console users, but it seems to have become worse as console have moved into the MP arena, and it's also gotten worse, it seems, as pre-built PCs have become cheaper and more readily available as well. Back in the day, rigs were very expensive, unless you had the know-how to purchase and put it together yourself.

Exactly its just a game so whats the point of swearing and stuff. Casual swearing like fuck i died or shit or summit like that sometimes i dont mind but never actually incite or hateful or deliberate.

I tend to play team games like team deathmatch or rainbow 6 vegas 2 has a lot of team based games, sometimes being in a team means your forced to help each other and there is less likely to be calling each other insults but other times it can actually fuel people in the case you are losing and they want to blame it on you.

Ive heard a lot of americans be racist and such its usualy teens that do it and its usually nigger or chink or gook im onl tellign you what ive personally heard when playing and its usualy Americans see they have a big population compared to the UK so you are bound to bump into more Americans being racist.

I tend to like playing with people i know or at least have one of them in a match.

I just concentrate on playing the game and helping my team mates out sometimes workign as a team is the fun part with my friends, on pc i used to rapid play halo all the time and it was fine nobody really cared if you where shit, back then it was different.

The availability of consoles and broadband and cheaper pc hardware means that more idiots are bound to get in.

Usually i will tell the person to shut it then ask if they could be banned or kicked if they didnt stop. Sometimes ive been kicked for telling people to quit it.

EDIT i was just stating what i heard an racial slurs i have posted are purely to point out the things i personally have heard.

I also hate "HAX" or the kid who knows all the glitches. I have done some glitches before but normally i dont cheat really honest. Its god to know the actual glitch tho so you can tell if someone is cheating or so you can possibly find a way to get the person doing it using it. Like i hate going to places not normally accessible in the map.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen R7 3900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Asrock X570 Taichi
Cooling 2x LL140, 4x LL120 / bequiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengence RGB DDR4 (3600 Mhz)
Video Card(s) Red Devil 5700XT
Storage x1 Inland 1TB Nvme, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, 1x WD 1TB, 1x Crucial MX500 500GB, 1x Sandisk X400 256GB
Display(s) Samsung C32H711
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 10 Pro
I am sick of it too, but what I hate most is in game "physical" retaliation. What I mean is [and it's probably happened to most of us] this:
"Dude don't take that sniper. WTF are you doing! Give it back!...etc and then they run around messing with you the whole game. I can pretty much take the verbal crap now because I'm the only gamer in my house and I have learned to deal with it. However I can't stand it when someone interfers with mine or others gameplay (either physically or verbally).

I personally think it's because those people like to push thier luck, and know they can without punishment. They see it as "Why should I stop? What are you going to do about?" Since there's no one to correct them it just gets worse. There should be some sort reporting system in place that lets you record an offensive person and then report them for reprimand.

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Mouse Logitech G604s
Im a legitimate player and I dont cheat online. I have been banned from so many Halo PC servers its pathetic because I was "cheating." Im just damn good at Halo PC. I used to play it back in my dialup days and believe it or not, I kicked some ass. I always got accused of cheating. A few times the host of the server said I was "cheating" and said that he had this software that told him who was cheating. I got in an argument with him stating that I dont cheat. "I have this software installed on my PC and when I hit a certain button, it shows me who is cheating and your are cheating!" My retaliation back at him was "well if you have software that tells you who is cheating, then it should be telling you that I am not."

*banned*

I laughed.

I can go with the whole "fuck I died, shit, piss, damnit, etc" but what I cant stand is when people refer to me in racial or homophobic ways. Thats when I get pissed.

If everyone could just do away with all the bigotry and racial/homophobic bullshit, then this world would be a helluva lot better place. IMHO, there is no need for that in this day and age. People just need to act like they are human and get along with everyone. Cut out all that shit that our parents/grandparents grew up with.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
I know in the PC realm, back in the day, some game servers for very popular games used to have "mods" - users who just spectated the matches, and woudl boot people for unsportsman like conduct. I think the Q2 or Q3 era was the last we really saw of that practice, though :(

As far as PC gaming, whenever I do go on anymore, I shy away from games and servers that allow voice chat, as that's were a lot of problems start. When you're in a fast paced game, it's hard to type out insults unless you feel like sitting still and taking chances for a few seconds.

Older titles, though, are worth playing still, as the youngins have moved on, or their presence is minimal - and you're left with users who are there for the experience and the fun. D3 is still like that for the most part (thankfully!!), and IIRC, Q2 had a very active MP community for the longest time - I haven't checked that out in a couple of years, though; I might just re-install the game to see just how active it still is.

Processor AMD Ryzen R7 3900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Asrock X570 Taichi
Cooling 2x LL140, 4x LL120 / bequiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengence RGB DDR4 (3600 Mhz)
Video Card(s) Red Devil 5700XT
Storage x1 Inland 1TB Nvme, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, 1x WD 1TB, 1x Crucial MX500 500GB, 1x Sandisk X400 256GB
Display(s) Samsung C32H711
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 10 Pro
@crashandburnxp: I hate that too. Halo PC is my only FPS on a PC. I''ve been playing 2003, but that doesn't seem to count. People have this grand illusion their head that they are the best players and no one is supposed to be able to kill them. It's also pretty amazing to see the lack of understanding of how lag, ping, and other network and PC elements factor into the game.

Mouse Logitech G604s
So true acperience7.

I myself would like to see the death of voice chat on all platforms. Sure its nice sometimes, but other times when you just want to play, you have everyone else yacking in your ear and you cant hear a damn thing. Pisses me off.

ShadowFold

System Name The ShadowFold Draconis (Ordering soon)
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8ghz
Motherboard ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870
Cooling Stock
Memory Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) XFX ATi Radeon HD 5850 1gb
Storage Western Digital 640gb
Display(s) Acer 21.5" 5ms Full HD 1920x1080P
Case Antec Nine-Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Creative "Fatal1ty" Headset
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 650w
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Benchmark Scores -❶-❸-❸-❼-
When I jump into a CoD4 or TF2 server I almost never come across any like that..

Mouse Logitech G604s
Halo specifically spawns the most immature fucks on the internet.

ShadowFold

System Name The ShadowFold Draconis (Ordering soon)
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8ghz
Motherboard ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870
Cooling Stock
Memory Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) XFX ATi Radeon HD 5850 1gb
Storage Western Digital 640gb
Display(s) Acer 21.5" 5ms Full HD 1920x1080P
Case Antec Nine-Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Creative "Fatal1ty" Headset
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 650w
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Benchmark Scores -❶-❸-❸-❼-
Yea I remember playing Halo2 online, I thought it was kinda funny because they are such idiots. Just ignore it if they call you something bad its not like they can actually do anything to you.

Mouse Logitech G604s
Oh I know. But the game does spawn the most immature ppl ever.

Megasty

Processor i7 920 @ 3.6 GHz (4.0 when gaming)
Motherboard Asus Rampage II Extreme - Yeah I Bought It...
Cooling Swiftech.
Memory 12 GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer - I Love Red
Video Card(s) ASUS EAH4870X2 - That Fan Is...!?
Storage 4 WD 1.5 TB
Display(s) 24" Sceptre
Case TT Xaser VI - Fugly, Red, & Huge...
Audio Device(s) The ASUS Thingy
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit
It was around 2002 when I last played Halo online, I only played for 2 weeks. Those idiots were so retarded when it came to that stuff. I was in one game where a arguement started & they tried to kill each other instead of the enemy. The banning swelled to new heights at that time. I go back on live from time to time just to see how bad it is & I'm never disappointed.

Gam'ster

System Name Toshiba L350
Processor AMD QL-65
Motherboard Toshiba 780G/SB700
Cooling Laptop
Memory 3GB
Video Card(s) ATI HD3000
Storage 250GB
Display(s) 17" Widescreen
Case Black/Carbon effect
Audio Device(s) OnBoard
Power Supply Brick
Software WIN7
Well i have to say ive not come across much of it only a small amount as ive only really played EvE for any amount of time, some occasional Wow. But i agree it can for some people spoil the game.
Some people get so wrapped up in it its unbelievable take it to seriously or like other immature players do it just for the rise out of people, its sad really to think that those people need to do this for them to be be to take stock of there own lives and situations and in the case of younger players/children the parents need to pay more attention.

Gam

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II
Cooling Hyper 212 EVO v2
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR4-4000
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6750 XT
Storage WD Black SN850 2TB, various other SSD's from ages past
Display(s) LG 27GL850 1440@144, AG Neovo EM2701QC 1440@75
Case Zophos EVO Silent by Raijintek
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud II Wireless headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse ProtoArc EM01
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Mercury
Software Windows 11 Pro
There's no good way around trying to change it. Control it, and the masses get pissed. Ignore it, and the ignorance spreads. Gotta take each individual turd and buff em into a shiny piece of MP gaming glory. Or rather, make an example of them with strong yet mature words, and have the rest of the server stand up to em. Once they realize no one appreciates it, they'll either move on, shut up, or get ignored.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
just curious, as I haven't bothered to look yet, but has anyone posted any question like this on the xbox boards?

bigtye

System Name ibuiltit
Processor E8500 stock for now
Motherboard Gigabyte EP45 DS4
Cooling CPU- Xigmatek Red Scorpion, 1x23cm fan, 3x12cm fan
Memory 4gb Corsair Dominator 8500
Video Card(s) Asus 5850 1gb
Storage Samsung 750gb F1, 500bg F1 for backup
Display(s) Samsung 226BW
Case Thermaltake Armour+
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Corsair 750 TX
Software xp 32 bit SP3, Win 7 64 bit
I think it has a lot to do with the game. Like someone mentioned about Eve not having much abuse posted in it. My guess is Eve attracts/appeals to an older more discerning type of player. This person normally has a healthy dose of maturity.

COD4 on the other hand appeals to a much broader group, including teenagers and people who like to "pwn". This group tends to lack in maturity or has a poor attitude to begin with.

As to the motives behind ingame abuse and disruption of play etc, I think you have to come back to behavioural learning. These people enjoy attention and the response they get when they start abusing people. There is no negative consequence for there behaviour, only positive reinforcement in the responses of other players who get frustrated or reply back.

For this reason I only play COD4 on our clan server in Aus, swearing and abuse are not permitted, within common sense bounds eg the odd fuk etc. Players are warned, but if swearing continues or more likely the offending player becomes abusive to the admin or other players, they are banned. End of Story.

The server streams live to punkbuster and admin's take screenies from with the pb console to see other players screens. Hackers are caught regularly, I would go so far as to say, nearly every night I play at least one hacker is caught, on one occassion 5 hackers where caught/banned in one round for multi hacks.

The lack of consequences for poor game behaviour is as much to blame as the immaturity and attitude of the players. If you run a server, you really need to run it properly, if you want to maintain a healthy and friendly gaming community instead of a playground for ratbags.

Might step off my soap box now and drop my holier than thou speech:)

Tye

Processor i7 920
Motherboard EVGA X58
Cooling eight 120mm fans, Swiftech GTZ cpu block, 3 120mm radiator, MCP655 pump, primochill tubing
Memory 6 gig G-Skill DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 285's (SLI)
Storage 500GB Western Digital
Display(s) 3 Asus 23 in inchers
Case Lian Li A77B
Audio Device(s) on board 7.1
Power Supply Corsair 1000
Software win 7 64
I was and still am one of the clan moderators for one of the few FEAR servers that still exists...You would not believe the amount of people I've banned for what could be termed "immature" behavior...Using hacks...throwing out racial slurs...way too much swearing...Morons coming in and just trying to stir up trouble, all the way to idiots threatning to hack or infect our server with viruses...The world is full of "annoymous" bravehearts or chickensh!ts to put it bluntly..And unfortunately as the population increases, so does the ratio of these assholes...The only way to combat this behavior is through deligence (1st time offense it's a warning..2nd is a short 24hr suspension..3rd is an I.P. ban...if you hack it's an automatic no appeal possible I.P. ban) and if that's not possible just lock it down to your friends and associates.

Last edited:

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
I was and still am one of the clan moderators for one of the few FEAR servers that still exists...You would not believe the amount of people I've banned for what could be termed "immature" behavior...Using hacks...throwing out racial slurs...way too much swearing...Morons coming in and just trying to stir up trouble, all the way to idiots threatning to hack or infect our server with viruses...The world is full of "annoymous" bravehearts or chickensh!ts to put it bluntly..And unfortunately as the population increases, so does the ratio of these assholes...The only way to combat this behavior is through deligence and if that's not possible just lock it down to your friends and associates.

it's sad it has to come to that at all . . . I miss the olden days :cry:

xbox live you an report players for conduct so they get banned for ata least a few days, sometimes even more

you can also do that avoid player thing on live

on pc ive seen a few games where you can report but most of the time you have to tell the host or start a vote on kicking a player

i just hate when they say "get a life you play this game too much" because i dont even play a lot of games these days

I like voice chat most of the time you can mute a player PROBLEM SOLVED at least on xbox live, i hate to say it but the worst thing is when they wont swear at you and hate you and say you are boring ect because really if you are playing a game the same as them they should no better plus i hate when PLAYERS MAKE NOISES OR DELIBERATLY SING IN STUPID VOICES instead of swearing to noise you right up

voice chat on deathmatch is stupid team based games require it tho most of the time if you want to work as a team you need to communicate properly

on xbox live if im in a game with a mate and its not a team based match ill just set up a voice chat with him and use the gmae voice chat in team games

i get what you mean when you take an item or weapon or they kill you for an item weapon or sometimes instead of talking trash just team kill

that is why i love the team kill rule 3 strikes your kicked and banned at least in rainbow 6 you get kicked for team killing

rainbow 6 vegas 1 was the best damn game id played online on xbox never came across deliberate hate on it jus the random people who sing to annoy but even them everybody would unanimously ask to get the person banned/kicked

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Despite the rule of thumb that console gaming attracts younger players...

I don't see the problem, if you're just going to isolate it to racial relations.

The problem is people staring at a screen for a ridiculous amount of hours idea, whilst in the virtual company of others, and carrying on with horrific excuses for grammar and manners.

I remember being at a friend's house and his younger brother was foaming at the mouth nearly, yelling down the microphone about how he was going to kill this guy and then **** his sister and mom then shoot their dog then burn the house. It was psychotic. The fact that he threw in some UNFOUNDED racial comments didn't make one bit of difference. He was simply way out of line.

Regardless of the content, no players should have to listen to such ridiculous dialect and face verbal abuse while playing a game.

Ultimatley, whether or not one deems a culprit or offender to be 'wrong,' the gaming community is full of weak stomach people who bitch and cry and take the piss about anything and everything.

In the old days, assholes still existed, you just chose not to interact with them, which was your right. Now days, people have this attitude of 'well I'm me, I'm special, and I don't want to budge for this asshole, so I'm going to cry and cry and cry until someone does something about it!' rather than do something about it themselves.

Government intervention and 'nanny-state' in the world of social affairs come to mind for anyone? Look where that's got us.

If the moral fabric of society is continously tearing, then forcing people to do or not do, say or not say, think or not think, is only delaying the inevitable, by temporarirly suppressing the problem ; rather than face it head on like we should. Yet any time you try to do that, you're quickly branded as a radical religious extremist, a racist, a "bigot," etc. etc.

This goes far beyond games...

Mouse Logitech G604s
This goes far beyond games...
No one said it didnt. Though, it is more prone to happen within games because ppl think they are anonymous and that they cant or wont be found. Thus resulting in an unneeded behavior.

V

v-zero

It's not their fault, you need to understand... these people have really tiny brains.

Mouse Logitech G604s
It's not their fault, you need to understand... these people have really tiny brains.

So that gives them a reason to be racist,bigoted fucks? I dont think so.