• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RBE bug reports

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
As you see when you read your own linked page: The card's fan has a 2-pin-power-connector only, so it is not controlable at all. It always runs at the same speed, sorry. :mad:
And now enough of this in the bug reporting thread, please refer to the general TPU-forum for further assistance. These guys know!

Reactions: HTC

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
As you see when you read your own linked page: The card's fan has a 2-pin-power-connector only, so it is not controlable at all. It always runs at the same speed, sorry. :mad:
And now enough of this in the bug reporting thread, please refer to the general TPU-forum for further assistance. These guys know!

OK: i just realized it myself. I'm really sorry for the time it took to figure this out :banghead:

The page i linked, i didn't even read it. The reason i linked it was because that fan's pic was the same as mine which was the sole reason to link it.

Again: sorry, dude :(

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
OK: i just realized it myself. I'm really sorry for the time it took to figure this out :banghead:

The page i linked, i didn't even read it. The reason i linked it was because that fan's pic was the same as mine which was the sole reason to link it.

Again: sorry, dude :(

Man, no problem! :)

vitalk

GPU voltage bug

I have used RBE 1.10 to change fan control, it works just great. Thanx.

But after checking changes in BIOS i found that RBE 1.10 changed GPU voltage table aswell. Look at hex comparsion at picture.
Original BIOS in attachment (Sapphire Toxic HD3870 512Mb GDDR4).

This is not big problem for me, because as I know the biggest GPU voltage value in videocard somewhere around 1.33V.

Just opening BIOS and saving without changes will change voltage table and some values in fan control.
Edit: I found that some people had problem with GPU voltage table values before, so I think you know about this already.

Attachments

• RBE_bug.jpg
    RBE_bug.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 640
  • Sapphire Toxic HD3870 bios.zip
    38.1 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:

bichonn

Hello,
I used RBE 1.10 to fix the fan of a 0.71 hd3870 bios (from connect3d, thus BBA). My computer kept crashing in COD4 after flashing. This card is working in crossfire with an ASUS HD3870.

I flashed the same card with a 0.79 bios (from visiontec), and the computer stoped crashing. It works great with the new bios.

I also noticed that with the RBE fixed bios, the fan was working great when cooling down, but not so well when the temperature was rising.
Ex: When the temp was rising up, at 60° the fan was at 27%.
When the card was cooling down, at 60° the fan was at 45%.

regards

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
I also noticed that with the RBE fixed bios, the fan was working great when cooling down, but not so well when the temperature was rising.
Ex: When the temp was rising up, at 60° the fan was at 27%.
When the card was cooling down, at 60° the fan was at 45%.

Thanks. This is not a bug but just how the fan controller works.

bichonn

Ok thanks for answering.
Here is another deal:
I am trying to change the vendor name of my ASUS (so that it will not be seen as a 3800 serie by the CCC bur as a HD3870 just like its sister).
When I do that, the new bios appears without voltage??? I checked again, in the original bios you can see the voltage (1.3V in 3D state), but in the moded bios, there is no voltage, just a serie of dash.
If you need I can make some screens?

EDIT: sorry, I should have read the FAQ earlier ... sorry again as this is not a bug!

Last edited:
System Name Shaman of Sexy
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE@4Ghz EK Supreme Block
Motherboard M3A79-T Deluxe Anfi-Tech Waterblocks
Cooling Magicool 360 + 120 + 120 Slim scythe slipped Laing DDC-1/T
Memory 4GB Corsair Dominator CM2X2048-8500C5D
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 EK 4870 X2 Block
Storage RAID 0 Seagate
Display(s) Samsung 226BW 22"
Case CoolerMaster Cosmos RC-1000 in mod progress
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Coba Nitrox 750W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=1056967
Hi m8´s

I found a liitle Bug in RBE1.11

On my "Asus EAH3870 Top" the Memory Type isn´t Displayed
and I´m unable to Manage Fan Control

Also it shows that it has been already modded with RBE
May ASUS had their hands already on the Bios using RBE :rockout:
Just dumped it via latest GPU-z

Added BIOS as Attachment.....

thx

n0tiert

Attachments

• rbe111xl6.jpg
    rbe111xl6.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 566
  • RBE_111-2.jpg
    RBE_111-2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 590
  • ASUSEAH3870TOP-RV670.zip
    39 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
Hi m8´s

thx

n0tiert
Correct my if wrong, but the Top edtion doesnt have fan controll because it uses a two wire cooler called glaciator.

This is how the glaciator looks

Storage RAID 0 Seagate
Audio Device(s) onboard
Correct my if wrong, but the Top edtion doesnt have fan controll because it uses a two wire cooler called glaciator.

This is how the glaciator looks

yeeah true but it´s Temp Controlled dunno how :confused: but it is
my Sapphire ATI HD2600Pro AGP had also only 2 wire fan and it was temp controlled .... and i could change values in RBE

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
yeeah true but it´s Temp Controlled dunno how :confused: but it is
my Sapphire ATI HD2600Pro AGP had also only 2 wire fan and it was temp controlled .... and i could change values in RBE

Fan with temp controll can also be controlled with a small sensor (temp diode) on the fan.

Did you try to edit an other asus hd3870 top bios. You can download a bios from the techpowerup bios collection section:
http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/...turer=Asus&model=HD+3870&interface=&memSize=0

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
Hi m8´s

Also it shows that it has been already modded with RBE
May ASUS had their hands already on the Bios using RBE :rockout:
Just dumped it via latest GPU-z

Added BIOS as Attachment.....

thx

n0tiert

Okay, that's a lot to explain in one go.

First of all, it's not the memory TYPE, that's not displayed, but the memory AMOUNT. As I said in the built-in FAQ, this is not a problem. Some BIOSes simply do not contain that information.

Second of all, VuurVOS is right: This card does not use the internal fan controller. The fan controller is inside the GPU, so many cards that are not temperature controlled, do have a fan controller. Literally all RV670-based cards have one. But some cards don't use it. Maybe, because the fan simply works without control, or the fan has its own temperature sensor and controls itself or, or, or. However, inside most BIOSes, even of cards that don't use the internal fan controller, the subroutines that program the controller on boot-up, are intact. So, RBE can access and modify them even when the card doesn't use them. This is different with this BIOS: It doesn't use the controller inside the GPU and the routines to program it inside the BIOS have been removed. So, RBE can't access them.

At last, as I again said already in the built-in FAQ (does anyone even read this shit? :banghead:), it's not trivial to make the BIOS file remember that it's been modified using RBE already. I found some byte to save it to, but inside few BIOSes, this byte is filled with crap already. So, RBE is fooled to think that it had its hands on this file before. This is no reason to worry.

Storage RAID 0 Seagate
Audio Device(s) onboard

WBone

Hello all, this is my first post, although following you for a long time.

I don't know if it's a bug or you are aware of the following situtaion;
As you can see in the two pics it is the same (default 4870) bios loaded in both RBE versions.
Though same clock numbers have different clock & voltage settings.
I've noticed this is happenning only when we open any 4870/4850 default bios.
If we open any previously modified (by us via RBE) bios clock numbers have same clock & voltage settings in both 1.11 and 1.12 RBE versions.

Again, i am not sure if this is a bug, but wanted to bring it up in your attention :)

Congs and thank you for your efforts. You are doing great job!

Regards

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 623
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 590

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
Hello all, this is my first post, although following you for a long time.

I don't know if it's a bug or you are aware of the following situtaion;
As you can see in the two pics it is the same (default 4870) bios loaded in both RBE versions.
Though same clock numbers have different clock & voltage settings.
I've noticed this is happenning only when we open any 4870/4850 default bios.
If we open any previously modified (by us via RBE) bios clock numbers have same clock & voltage settings in both 1.11 and 1.12 RBE versions.

Again, i am not sure if this is a bug, but wanted to bring it up in your attention :)

Congs and thank you for your efforts. You are doing great job!

Regards

Yeah, that's because of the lock turned on by default in RBE v1.11 and previous. I turned it off in RBE v1.12 to avoid this.

ewok666

RBE 1.12 doesn't seem to work for me

Great little tool! But I do seem to have a problem with the new version and my HIS 4870 card.

If I modify the fan settings in RBE 1.11 then ATIWinflash writes the Bios without any problems. If I do the same thing (using the same original BIOS) with RBE 1.12 I get an error message: VBIOS image not found.

Any ideas?

TIA

Fastmix

I have found a bug in rbe v.1.12

Hello guys,

I have noticed that when I make changes with rbe on my 4870 bios, as soon as I try to save the value Hysteresis and T min hysteresis became 0 and even if I change them back manually, they still go to 0 as soon as I try to save.

I hope it will be fixed thanks.

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
If I modify the fan settings in RBE 1.11 then ATIWinflash writes the Bios without any problems. If I do the same thing (using the same original BIOS) with RBE 1.12 I get an error message: VBIOS image not found.

That should happen very rarely. It's because of a changed checksum handling in v1.12. The problem is that WinFlash calculates the checksum incorrectly and is then fooled to think the checksum was wrong.
RBE v1.13 will offer more features to handle the checksum. :)

I have noticed that when I make changes with rbe on my 4870 bios, as soon as I try to save the value Hysteresis and T min hysteresis became 0 and even if I change them back manually, they still go to 0 as soon as I try to save.

I hope it will be fixed thanks.

That's intentional when using look up table. Click "What do all the settings mean?" in the RBE fan control tab and read the information there. It's because of a bug in ATIs fan controller.

Reading this post, someone might think ATI is too dumb to code anything correctly... :rolleyes:

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
That's intentional when using look up table. Click "What do all the settings mean?" in the RBE fan control tab and read the information there. It's because of a bug in ATIs fan controller.
How sure are you? It was a bug of the hd3800 serie. Maybe its already fixed in the hd4800 serie bios.

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
How sure are you? It was a bug of the hd3800 serie. Maybe its already fixed in the hd4800 serie bios.

Not quite. As you know, I don't have a 4xx0, so I can't try. This is something to discuss in our next private chat.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Not quite. As you know, I don't have a 4xx0, so I can't try. This is something to discuss in our next private chat.
Yes Master

Last edited:

OnDborder

Help

Alrighty.
I decided try the rbe 1.14 and older versions on my 3870x2.
All I get is blank spaces.
Running catz 8.7.
What button am I suppose to click?

D

Deleted member 24505

You need to use the file menu and open your bios.If you dont have a copy of your bios,use gpu-z and save a copy of it from your gfx card to your hdd.

OnDborder

Got it..
Thanks.
One small problem with the 1.14 on the 3870x2. I get this

Don't get it with the 1.13 version.

I haven't tried this on my 4870x2 yet.

So I guess when you flash a dual gpu card you'd go to gpu-z>save bios file>go to the dropdown menu>choose the other gpu> save that to a different folder>start up rbe>load the first bios>flash??or> load the second bios> flash?

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
One small problem with the 1.14 on the 3870x2. I get this

Weird. I don't get that with my 3870X2 ASUS BIOS. Could you send me yours for testing?

/Edit: Found the bug already and fixed it. Will be included in next release. Until then, use REB v1.13 for your card, please.

Last edited: