• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BIOS Request

Riuska77

Hi all and welcome to my confession...

I recently flashed my Club 3D 8800GT 512Mb (with the radial cooler), because I was having problems in games that my system would hang and that I need to reset/reboot the system. I read from somewhere that 8800GT cards had their fan speed set at only 29% so I asked from Mr Google and he told me to use Riva Tuner. Unfortunately I coudln't get the Fan tab in there with any trick suggested (and yes I'm using Vista 64bit).

Well after getting totally frustrated and read about this magnificent tool called Nibitor, I decided I'd look into it.

After carefully choosing a bios from the site, creating a bootcd and updating the bios with the nvflash -5 romname.rom (yes I was an idiot and did not backup my original rom). I'm now in a situation where I had to reinstall windows and everytime I try to install any kind of nvidia driver for it I get to a point where my PC boots up (or at least I think it does), but after the setup phase the screen stays blank.

I can boot in to safe mode and remove the driver, but that's about it.

Is there any way that I can dig myself out of this mess without going to the local dealer and getting a new card or some sort.

just in case it helps. NVFlash gives the following info on my card when doing nvflash --list

<0> GeForce 8800 GT (10DE,0611,10DE,053C) H:NRM B:01,PCI,D:0,F:00

So basically I'm hoping for some friendly person to upload their clean/working bios from a club 3d 8800GT radial cooler version.

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
tried any of these?

TPU has it's very own VGA BIOS collection should matters like these arise.

Riuska77

well now I have and it's the classic. From the frying pan and into the fire. Now I got artifacts from the second I boot my pc...

Well at least I have something to do tomorrow while I try to get out of this one :(

System Name n.audBl
Processor E8500 @ 3.80GHz
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme
Cooling Full liquid (everything except power supply)
Memory 4Gb OCZ DDR2 PC9600
Video Card(s) Dual EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition
Storage Dual WD Raptor in RAID 0 (300Gb), Dual WD 1Tb Cavair in RAID 1
Display(s) Dell 2407 24" HD+ Widescreen
Case Theraltake Tai-Chi
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Fata1ty (bleh!)
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Win 7 64bit
well now I have and it's the classic. From the frying pan and into the fire. Now I got artifacts from the second I boot my pc...

Well at least I have something to do tomorrow while I try to get out of this one :(

hmmm... last time i saw something like that it was dead video memory. Good luck, I hope your situation is purely a BIOS issue.

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Processor AMD R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Modded 240mm Coolermaster Liquidmaster
Memory 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz & custom timings
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Storage 250GB Asgard SSD, 1TB Integral SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 27" BenQ Mobiuz
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E
Power Supply 1000w Supernova
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Fast. I don't need epeen.
Aside from here, check mvktech.net, they have quite a large BIOS collection as well. Your 88GT is PCI-E I assume?

ED - Here is a 88GT BIOS from Club 3D, assuming your card is PCI-E, this BIOS should work fine. I have also edited fan speeds although they were not that low anyway.

Attachments

• C3D 88GT PCIe 512MB.zip
    39.4 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Riuska77

Thanks for the file. I've tried about each an every 8800GT bios I could put my hands on and the last one that I tried yesterday messed everything up (ie the artifacts). Now I need to get my hands on a floppy drive to do a blind flash on the bios to see if I can get it back to the level where it only crashed with the driver install.

Then again for it to have some physical problem like the "dead memory" wouldn't surprise, since I had some problems even before this flash scandal.

Riuska77

Once again thanks for the help. So far what I've managed to do is either reach the totally pixelated state that I was yesterday and today after a blind flash this blank screen after forceware drivers install.

Thanks for your help, it seems that I will have to take the card back to the store and hope I'll get a new one (don't know if I want a club 3d card anymore. This is the second that fried on me...).

Cheers!

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
And you can always use EVGA precisoin tool for fan speeds, and currently for overclocking NVidia cards....I find it better than Rivatuner.

Riuska77

I took it back to the shop saying that it stopped working. I will now get a new card once they get some into stock (sounds like a pc-silent weekend).

:D