• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI AA better than NV AA screens

jaydeejohn

Going by your methodology, it could be aplied to AF as well. According to the [H] article, the older 3 series suffered from this, but it no longer applies to the 4xxx series, with which is consistant with my experience, and from what Ive read elsewhere. If anyone else has any other links to show otherwise, please post. Even in the [H] article, there were a few instances where the ATI AA solution showed better, apples to apples. That being said, the hit from using it is less on the ATI solution, which everyone should be able to agree with, as Ive seen no evidence where nVidia does better using AA regarding fps, and the hit is harder on their cards

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
Yes, It could be applied for the AF as well, but I'm also going by what countless others on this forum have said after switching to a 4 series card from and NV card. Those that have owned both agree, the IQ is the same.

I should also personally have some first hand experience with the switch in the coming weeks, as I plan on getting some 4 series cards.

I'm not loyal to either camp at all.

Now, yes, the ATI seems to scale better with AA, but that's not the debate here.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I don't need links, I can see it plain as day in the screenshots.

And the OP in NO WAY shows ATI's AA being superior in IQ. The pictures aren't even taken at the same angles. It's not an apples to apples comparison.

And even if they did happen to get the same exact angles, they used jpg compression for the pics. That in and of itself is introducing artifacts to the pictures.

would never be apples to apples as the techniques for each company is different.

jaydeejohn

Wile E, if you could, please post any findings you have going to the new card. I value user experience, after all, its us that use the cards the most, and value their pruchases more. Id appreciate that. Also, if you could, try using the ATI special filters, and let us know if they truly give a better picture, since thats been the concensus

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
Heys guys, all I can say in my opinion is that when I had the 8800GTS 320MB the detail quality of AA and AF were heaps good, but when I bought the HD4850 and gave it a run, the AA and AF quality seems better to me, I don't know why but it just seems clearer and sharper at the same time, but with ATI cards they lack colour while Nvidia have really good colour and it can be enhanced with colour vibrance which makes it looks nice, ATI has this now but I think it only for avivo which sucks but im happy, the thing I like about it is its different, but thats just me.

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
I didn't see any aliasing anyway .... why not throw the resolution down then use AA, idk

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
to be honest when im playing a game i don't just stop and say, OMG a jaggy

I do (weird and anal I know) especially if it is a new engine release or a graphically beautiful game, and when a guy has a lot of money and pride wrapped up in his rig, image quality matters.

DarkMatter

Processor Intel C2Q Q6600 @ Stock (for now)
Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Cooling Proc: Scythe Mine, Graphics: Zalman VF900 Cu
Memory 4 GB (2x2GB) DDR2 Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) GigaByte 8800GT Stock Clocks: 700Mhz Core, 1700 Shader, 1940 Memory
Storage 74 GB WD Raptor 10000rpm, 2x250 GB Seagate Raid 0
Display(s) HP p1130, 21" Trinitron
Case Antec p180
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi PLatinum
Power Supply 700W FSP Group 85% Efficiency
Software Windows XP
Going by your methodology, it could be aplied to AF as well. According to the [H] article, the older 3 series suffered from this, but it no longer applies to the 4xxx series, with which is consistant with my experience, and from what Ive read elsewhere. If anyone else has any other links to show otherwise, please post. Even in the [H] article, there were a few instances where the ATI AA solution showed better, apples to apples. That being said, the hit from using it is less on the ATI solution, which everyone should be able to agree with, as Ive seen no evidence where nVidia does better using AA regarding fps, and the hit is harder on their cards

http://www.techreport.com/articles.x/14990/7

RV770's AF is as bad as on RV670, technically. On games it's not very noticeable, but comparatively MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH (I could go forever) MORE noticeable than the difference of AA levels beyond 4x. It's specially bad at 45º angles.

Also as you can see AA scaling is slightly better on Nvidia GTX 280 until 8xAA is enabled. Even then the GTX is usually above Radeon's performance level, but all the advantage is has at 4x has gone. You will see the same patern in Wizzards reviews and elsewhere. Now the X2 scales better, but you can't really compare as it's a dual GPU that costs $150 more right now. And in this case the "it's a dual GPU" argument DOES matter, it requires nearly double as much power as the GTX card, for instance.

Bottom line is what I already said. A dual GPU card will ALWAYS perform better on higher AA levels, but they have their own collection of dissadvantages, and nowadays it just happens that the high levels are well above the discernible threshold.

jaydeejohn

Firstly, it requires no wheres near double the 280. Secondly, show me links where less than 8x AA is less stressing on nVidia cards, and as youve said, actually in nVidias favor. Its not a 150$ more card, it BECAME a 150$ more card. And as far as high levels, wheres the qualification? By whos authority? Or is it nothing more than ones opinion as to what theyd like? Im reading the TR article, Ill be back

jaydeejohn

From your link. Regarding AF Quote : "The bottom line, I think, on image quality is that current DX10-class GPUs from Nvidia and AMD produce output that is very similar. Having logged quite a few hours playing games with both brands of GPUs, I'm satisfied that either one will serve you well. We may revisit the image quality issue again before long, though. I'd like to look more closely at the impact of those trilinear optimizations in motion rather than in screenshots or test patterns. We'll see. " Now also from your link regarding AA Quote : "Incidentally, the RV770's performance also scales much more gracefully to 8X MSAA than any GeForce does. The Radeon HD 4870 outperforms even the mighty GeForce GTX 280 with 8X multisampling, and the 4850 practically trounces the 9800 GTX. Believe it or not, I'm already getting viral marketing emails from amdguyintoronto@hotmail.com asking me to test more games with 8X AA. Jeez, these guys are connected. " Now, as it says, it scales much more gracefullt TO 8x means it has the lessor impact below 8x and starts pulling away even moreso 8x and up

DarkMatter

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Video Card(s) GigaByte 8800GT Stock Clocks: 700Mhz Core, 1700 Shader, 1940 Memory
Case Antec p180
Software Windows XP
Well it's not as much as double under load, but it DOES consume a lot more:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/HD_4870_Sonic_Dual_Edition/24.html

From one of latest Wizzard's reviews. Total SYSTEM power consumption under load. GTX280 = 293W, X2 = 385W. The system excluding the graphics card consumes around 100W, so:

GTX280 = 193W
X2 = 285W

That's 50% more power under load.
Average is 60% more.
Idle is 80% more.

Regarding AF quality. I find it funny you can tell the difference between 4x and 8x AA when gaming, but you are not able to see the huge difference of AF quality on still images. I say that's some outstandingly skewed perception mate.

EDIT: Who said it doesn't scale better to 8x? That's exactly what I did. But I responded to one of your claims that the Radeons scale better to ANY AA level, which is not true at all as you can see on the link. Jesus, look the chart, no need to especulate on what he wanted to say with "TO 8x". LOL.
Ati friendly game BTW.

Last edited:

jaydeejohn

Id also like to point out that this comparison is being done using a 270$ card vs a +400$ card, which like I said, or inferred, came in at over twice the 4870s pricing, within a short peroiod of time. If you follow the links that youve either said or posted, youll find the 3870x2 without AA does quite well against many of todays nVidia solutions. That being said, its because of the superior AA and lack of impact and use of AA on the 4xxx series that brought down those prices of the G280. You cant fool the folks is something I heard a long time ago, and it seems to me, ATI wins this one, AA according to what Ive seen in this thread from the OP, is superior coming from the ATI side of things. As for its demands concerning fps, it should and is well known, that also is in favor of the ATI current solution

jaydeejohn

Im surprised you cant tell the difference from what the OP posted, as its obvious, as some have said, sure it COULD be bacause of other things, but that only points to one thing. There IS a difference. And as far as to what youre saying about the AF, which was by my request, not about the OP, your own link disputes what youve just said

jaydeejohn

We all know AA scaling isnt the same from game to game. Itd be of better service to have more games to actually see what occurs here. Heres really the thing. Unless you have or are going to buy a G200 card, which say compared to the much lessor priced 4850, nVidia scales poorly comparitively. Can we agree with that at least?

DarkMatter

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Case Antec p180
Software Windows XP
We all know AA scaling isnt the same from game to game. Itd be of better service to have more games to actually see what occurs here. Heres really the thing. Unless you have or are going to buy a G200 card, which say compared to the much lessor priced 4850, nVidia scales poorly comparitively. Can we agree with that at least?

No, not until 8x, Nvidia GT200 cards scale better.

And how many times I have to say? As long as Ati's AA seems to reduces its AF quality, you can't say it does better AA. I can see the AA becoming better as it goes up in the OP, but at the same time I can see the AF quality going down too, or the whole image getting blurred, I can't tell either way. But IMO (aka for me) OVERALL image quality is reduced as AA levels are increased, and so AA quality is NEVER better, it's higher, it's bigger, smoother, whatever, but never BETTER. Not for me (not for Jeffredo as you can see by yourself on the first page, not for many others), and as neither your opinion or mine or anyone's are absolute, can we conclude AA and AF quality, both are in practice (gaming) of similar level of quality for both cards, please. As that is what I've been saying from the start. For me this is finished.

Last edited:

jaydeejohn

Id like to see that as well. Not sure hwo theyre going to go about that, but possibly the 55nm node will help, plus some low level coding

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF, I smell a nvidia fanboy............. COUGH COUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! darkmatter:laugh:

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF, I smell a nvidia fanboy............. COUGH COUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! darkmatter:laugh:

Actually to be fair, knowing him fairly well, and also having had my fair share of "Debates" over Gfx card issues in the past with him, I can honestly say he is not a fanboi for either side, he does however beleive in accuracy (at least based on the research he does, and thats a fair bit) and he sometimes can come over very passionate but thats not aimed as I said at any particular brand.

Anyways, as soon as I saw the title of this thread, I just knew that it was gonna be a flamebait session, No doubt Wolf's intentions were good (they usually are!)....but fanboi's always drag down meaninful discussions in my opinion, especially when it's about IQ! :rockout:

jaydeejohn

I think Ive said enough. I find the OPs post as not only relevant, but obvious. Maybe nVidia will create a better display engine for their msaa on the next gen. 8xAA matters folks, especially when you can apply it

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
Yes this thread was going to have flaming in it.
I expected it from the title.

I may be able to back up this nVidia vs ATi IQ thing with proof but not with AA but with mirror reflections being blocky on his 8800GTX while the HD4850 has detailed reflection as he states.

Still waiting though as I haven't seen what the reflections look like with my own eyes on his card.

But in saying that I'm pretty sure my HD4850 has blocky self shadows in COD4 compared to my old 8800GT.
Unfortunatley I don't think I would be able to get a decent comparision for the COD4 self shadows since they are always moving.

With graphics cards it comes down to which is the best bang for buck as the IQ differences are usually on very small thing which are not noticable.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Yes this thread was going to have flaming in it.
I expected it from the title.

I may be able to back up this nVidia vs ATi IQ thing with proof but not with AA but with mirror reflections being blocky on his 8800GTX while the HD4850 has detailed reflection as he states.

Still waiting though as I haven't seen what the reflections look like with my own eyes on his card.

But in saying that I'm pretty sure my HD4850 has blocky self shadows in COD4 compared to my old 8800GT.
Unfortunatley I don't think I would be able to get a decent comparision for the COD4 self shadows since they are always moving.

With graphics cards it comes down to which is the best bang for buck as the IQ differences are usually on very small thing which are not noticable.

Agreed! But I find it strange making an IQ comparision between a 2 gen old 8800GTX and a current gen 4850 :confused:

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
My brother and I didn't think we would find any difference at all between the 8800GTX and HD4850 despite the gen gap.
We hear and read about this nVidia vs ATi and think yeah, yeah whatever since we never seen any real proof until just recently.

I find it interesting there is any difference at all.
But still my brother has to come up with the screens first to make it valid.

DarkMatter

Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Case Antec p180
Software Windows XP
Again with the screenshots up and down...
I clearly want to be called fanboy again and I know I will be, because I'm going to make another educated argument that it just happens it plays in favor of Nvidia, but I know that some intelligent people will be able to differentiate and apreciate the truth behind my words. I just didn't write it down before because I thought it was common knowledge. After so many posts talking about screenshots, and taking tham as dogma I feel I have to explain it.

You can't compare image quality on still screenshots, specially anti-aliasing because of its nature. Any IQ feature on graphics cards are thought for games or videos, which are composed of motion pictures, not for still images. When gaming you are always moving and even if you aren't, nowadays all games have camera balancing to some degree, so not two consecutive frames are identical even if you are standing still. This does impact on how the antialiased image looks like, because while on frame 1 a said pixel can have a black value of 80% (after wheighting all the fragments that will compose that pixel), in the next one it can have a value of 50% (with probably almost the same fragments but different weights), 25% in the next, 80% again and so on. When this happens through 30+fps what you get is a much more anti-aliased image than that of each frame. It's just a different way of doing it, and one that IMO doesn't hurt texture clarity and detail so much (because pixel color blending is not as pronounced*), but I guess that's my opinion.

*EDIT: I thought this could require further explanation. Look at the spotlight or chandelier 8xAA close up pictures in the OP. You can clearly see that on Ati the color is exceeding much more the boundaries of the lamp. This way the image appears more smooth (with its pros and cons), Nvidia gets the same effect doing the color blending as frames go by, so the textures don't get as much blurred and the MOVING image is as anti-aliased as with the other technique. Of course Ati's image blends over the time too, but it's redundant as they are already blend them each frame. Why the temporal anti-aliasing is better than the other technique to keep the detail of textures is complicated, but I think that screenshots speak for themselves so that this can be taken as fact.

Think that most older LCDs only have a few thousands of colors and use this same technique to attain "true" color, the millions of colors. Because of the purpose of anti-aliasing, comparing it in screenshots is almost as pointless as comparing DivX IQ on screenshots.

But yeah, you can all take the easy path and call me fanboy. Up to this point I think I don't care. Everyday I learn that most people don't care about the truth (or as Tatty said accuracy into the information), they just want to hear their "something" is better, and by no means they want to hear their flaws. I still have this post on my mind as it pictures very well what I'm saying:

Concerning [H], if you look at it, and Im not going to go there now, they always have a negative, no matter what for ATI, even in praise. They hand out awards as they cut and slam them. Everything deserves criticism, as nothing is perfect, but to me, after seeing ATI fail at highend, and at AA, youd think theyd have left any criticism out just the one time, which they didnt. Anyways, this isnt about [H], its about ATIs superior AA. I hate seeing the edges crawl as I turn in game. Seeing the results of this guys findings, its clear that using ATIs current solution mostly eliminates that at 4xAA, whereas the nVidia soltion doesnt, all the while, taking a lessor hit in performance doing so

Sure, because a REVIEW shouldn't take everything true into account, good and bad, in order to describe and recommend a product. It should be based on feelings...

Last edited:
System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
The differences are so minimal, I don't believe either company purposely attempts to create better AA with the intent of beating the competition. It's more rather that as new technology is developed, AA gets better naturally, and of course different products can produce different results.

I often find that it's the application that ultimatly determines how effective the AA will be, and whether or not AA can even be applied properly.

Also, this is very old news so to speak, and the comparison of a 4850 and 8800GT seems a bit irrelevant as their different generations...

If Nvidia is purposely sacrifcing IQ for performance, I would say that's acceptable, given how little if any difference there is in IQ. The cards work differently, applications are different etc.etc. when the driver has to work around obstacles, performance degredation can become apparent. If curbing the quality can limit or reduce this degredation then I can't see how anyone would complain.

Lastly, still pictures isn't a fair representation, especially when you consider the addition of post processing effects...

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
i have an idea, how about we close this thread down as it seems to be drawing all the fan boys.