• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Some tips about Internet privacy

System Name Enslaver :)
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus
Cooling CPU: Noctua NH-D14 with LED fans, Case: 2 front in - 1 rear out
Memory 2x16GB Kingston Fury Beast RGB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 4070Ti OC
Storage Samsung Evo Plus 1TB NVMe , internal WD Red 4TB for storage, WD Book 8TB
Display(s) LG CX OLED 65"
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh C Performance
Audio Device(s) HDMI audio powering Dolby Digital audio on 5.1 Z960 speaker system
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard ASUS Strix Tactic Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Hi!

I am a very concerned about internet privacy and use a program called HD-X Lock to set a master and user password to the HDDs firmware (on the pcb of the HDD) so that nowbody exept me can (with a boot disk and the program) read the HDDs exept they pysically open the HDD and take the spindle to a external reader (or change the PCB to a same one without passwords?). The program is compatible with all HDDs which are ATA compatible.
The program is quite cheap and the demo should provide some security but not all that is possible...

Also i use a anonymous VPN internet tunnel called Relakks (from Sweden) which gives me a new IP adress over the ISP ones so that i always apear to be from Sweden - the providers of this service dont give away information of me to anyone exept i did something that would inprison me for over 2 years. Also the connection from my ISP to the VPN server is 128bit encrypted so that my ISP sees only bits and bytes but not what i really do. The service cost only 5€ a month.

Furthermore i use Peerguardian2 which is a ip-blocker that has several lists of ips and ip ranges which it does not allow connections to. The program is free..

Always glad to help so post if you got questions.

Last edited:
Storage Samsung Evo Plus 1TB NVMe , internal WD Red 4TB for storage, WD Book 8TB
Audio Device(s) HDMI audio powering Dolby Digital audio on 5.1 Z960 speaker system
Mouse Logitech G700
Now Relakks offers a free 30day of their service to try it out.. now you can see if it works for you without paying the 5€..

Oliver_FF

Processor Intel q9400 @ stock
Motherboard Lanparty P45-T2RS
Cooling Zalman CNPS-9500
Memory 8GB OCZ PC2-6400
Video Card(s) BFG Nvidia GTX285 OC
Storage 1TB, 500GB, 500GB
Display(s) 20" Samsung T200HD
Case Antec Mini P180
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply 700w Hiper
Software Ubuntu x64 virtualising Vista
If someone -really- wants to get your data, they're just going to break into your house and rob you :laugh:

What happens when a family member needs to get on your computer whilst you're on holiday? or you lose this disk? :eek:

Your ISP won't give out your details either, unless the government lean on them... if the government lean on them then you've probably been doing illegal things... just move to Sweden and be done with it :cool:

I do dislike the way that some companies are milking the generally ignorant over "securty" on their pc's
*cough* norton, symantec *cough*. I mean, if you don't download illegal music or visit warez sites you're not going to get a virus or "spyware" or anything (i swear the definition of spyware covers basically anything...)

Oh, and don't reply to emails like "send us your bank details, we need to do some security checks.". :banghead:

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
I would imagine the VPN in itself is a bad idea when it comes to security; and I can't see a pseduo-proxy doing anything good for your bandwidth rate...

Mouse Logitech G700
I would imagine the VPN in itself is a bad idea when it comes to security; and I can't see a pseduo-proxy doing anything good for your bandwidth rate...

Whats true is that i had more port-scans while using the VPN then without.. my Firewall though blocks them.. The bandwidth suffers from the distance to Sweden so i get 400KB/s from 1.3MB/s normally but that is good compared to many none working or slow proxies out there..

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
If someone -really- wants to get your data, they're just going to break into your house and rob you :laugh:

What happens when a family member needs to get on your computer whilst you're on holiday? or you lose this disk? :eek:

Your ISP won't give out your details either, unless the government lean on them... if the government lean on them then you've probably been doing illegal things... just move to Sweden and be done with it :cool:

I do dislike the way that some companies are milking the generally ignorant over "securty" on their pc's
*cough* norton, symantec *cough*. I mean, if you don't download illegal music or visit warez sites you're not going to get a virus or "spyware" or anything (i swear the definition of spyware covers basically anything...)

Oh, and don't reply to emails like "send us your bank details, we need to do some security checks.". :banghead:

And for that they will use google maps so they have a 3D pic of your house lol.

On subject: I have nothing to hide so hiding my real ip and stuff is pointless. I use a good firewall that can filter out any kind of ads and any IP number + many other things to boot so all good there.

Not seen a virus since i stopped using P2P which is some years ago now and then aVast stopped those.