• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NEC PowerMate P4000 and P6000 AIO PCs Launched

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Enjoy the whole new experience with the new stylish NEC POWERMATE P All-In-One Desktop PC. NEC Computers Asia Pacific launches two new models of its NEC POWERMATE P All-In-One Desktop personal computers, POWERMATE P4000 & P6000. Leading its successful launch of the NEC POWERMATE P3000 and P5000 series, these two models further extend the range of NEC POWERMATE P All-In-One PC to convey another powerful entertainment system highlighting integrated thoughtful utility features.

The All-In-One NEC POWERMATE P4000 & P6000 allow users the best of both worlds of a notebook and a desktop. With the touch of innovative Japanese cutting edge design and space saving concept, this unique revolutionary All-In-One PC merges both sophisticated technology and trendy design to suit individual needs as an integrated personal home entertainment system. The new POWERMATE P certainly complements your lifestyle, bringing on the window of excitement with your favorite movie titles, music, games, Internet surfing and online communications.

The new NEC POWERMATE P4000 and P6000 have enhanced software and hardware to meet customer growing demands for the latest high definition audio-video performance, leading to an exceptional digital entertainment experience coupled with its sleek and stylish minimalist design.

"With our vast experience in the PC market, we foresee an increase in demand and needs of individuals who are trend conscious, requiring powerful computing capabilities. We take the lead to develop such a product for consumers who want to be different, fulfilling both their design expectations with innovative integrated features like one cable operation and space saving concept in mind", said Mr. Makoto Iwasaki, Executive Marketing Director of NEC Computers Asia Pacific.

NEC POWERMATE P6000
  • Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E7200 (2.53GHz 3M Cache )
  • 19" WXGA+ (1440 x 900) with Smart Super Shine View EX
  • 2GB DDR2 800MHz
  • 500GB 7200 RPM HDD
  • Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 9300 Video Graphic
  • Supports up to 895MB Shared Video Memory
  • Integrated Digital Media Reader
  • Slot-in DVD Super Multi DL +/-R (Double Layer)
  • Gigabit LAN (10/100/1000 Mbits/sec)
  • Integrated b/g/n Wireless LAN Adapter
  • RF Wireless Keyboard with MCE Remote
  • Wireless Optical Mouse
  • Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
NEC POWERMATE P4000
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor QL-60 (1.9GHz 1M Cache )
  • 16" WXGA (1366 x 768) with Smart Super Shine View EX
  • 1GB DDR2 800MHz
  • 250GB 5400 RPM HDD
  • Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 9100M G Video
  • Support up to 383MB Shared Video Memory
  • Integrated 13-in-1 Digital Media Reader
  • Slot in DVD-Super Multi DL +/-R (Double Layer)
  • Gigabit LAN (10/100/1000 Mbits/sec)
  • Integrated b/g/n Wireless LAN Adapter
  • RF Wireless Keyboard with MCE Remote
  • Wireless Optical Mouse
  • Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium Edition

For more details, please read the company whitepaper here.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
Sometimes, I do wonder about some products and what market they are targeted for. IMO this is not a very attractive machine, either aesthetically or technically. I notice that they say the previous model was "successfully launched" in Japan. I wonder what that means? And if they sold any.

Expensive:
 POWERMATE P4000 S$1,899, or USD1300, or EUR999
 POWERMATE P6000 S$2,499, or USD1725, or EUR1320
(note my converted currencies DO NOT include sales taxes, add 5-22% according to country)

Not very attractive.

Quirky keyboard layout.

Terrible TFT:
19” WXGA+ dual lamp LCD with NEC Smart Super Shine View EX technology, higher than HD-Ready LCD TV resolution, BUT LOWER THEN HD1080

You know, this is the type of horror gadget you will probably see in cheap hotels. TV and PC terminal screwed into the wall with log in pay as you go for anything. I certainly wouldnt want one of those in my home or office. Scarey.

The more I see of "competitor products" like this, the better the Mac looks (with bootcamp) every day.

Last edited: