• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech Unveils Mac Edition diNovo Keyboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Logitech today unveiled the newest addition to its line of award-winning diNovo keyboards - the Logitech diNovo Keyboard, Mac Edition. In addition to offering the exceptionally comfortable typing experience of the Logitech PerfectStroke key system, the cordless diNovo Keyboard, Mac Edition provides the convenience of a 3-year battery life and an integrated number pad.

"With the recently released diNovo Edge, Mac Edition, and now this diNovo Keyboard, Mac Edition, Logitech is giving people more options when it comes to choosing a keyboard that perfectly complements the Mac design," said Denis Pavillard, vice president of product marketing for Logitech's keyboards and desktops. "While the diNovo Edge keyboard is rechargeable and includes a TouchDisc and touch-sensitive volume control, our newest diNovo keyboard has a full-size layout and nineteen shortcut keys that provide quick access to Safari, iTunes, Expose, iChat and much more."

Featuring the classic diNovo design language, the sleek diNovo Keyboard, Mac Edition - with its high-gloss, semi-translucent Plexiglas frame, sharp angles and thin profile (.87 inches or 22.10 mm from base to key caps) - is an elegant, modern accompaniment to any Mac computer. Plus, when it's time to rest between typing sessions, the built-in, brushed-aluminum palm rest provides a stable, satin-touch base.

For a typing experience that's comfortable and fluid, the diNovo Keyboard, Mac Edition features the Logitech PerfectStroke key system. PerfectStroke is designed to create longer key travel - 3.2 mm compared to 2.2 mm - than that of typical notebook keyboards, which means that the distance your fingers have to travel to activate a key is optimized for your comfort. And because micro-scissors distribute force evenly across key surfaces, even if you strike the edge of a key, the key stroke still feels the same.

Getting to your favorite applications is as easy as pressing the appropriate F-key. The diNovo Keyboard, Mac Edition delivers one-touch access to Mail, Safari, iTunes, Exposé, Cover Flow, Dashboard, QuickLook and Spaces. In addition, Play, Pause, Mute and Volume buttons simplify media control. (Logitech Control Center software installation is required for some features.)

Because you often use your Mac computer in busy wireless environments, the diNovo Keyboard, Mac Edition employs Logitech's advanced 2.4 GHz wireless technology, which dramatically reduces interference, effectively eliminating delays and dropouts. And by optimizing the power management system, Logitech's improved wireless technology enables an impressive 3-year battery life - Logitech's longest.

The diNovo Keyboard, Mac Edition can be used with any Mac computer, including the MacBook Air, iMac, MacBook or MacBook Pro.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited:
System Name Current
Processor Core i5 2500k
Motherboard Z77MA-G45
Cooling Cooler Master Tx3
Memory 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 960 4GB GDDR5
Storage (1) SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 IPS
Case Fractal Core 1000
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 430 Watt Corsair
Mouse Logitech g602
Keyboard K70 LUX Mech LB, Red LED, Cherry MX Brown
Software Windows 10 + Hackintosh
well thats nice, definitely not an ergonomic design though. The mac keyboards are so terrible at work we have all logitech windows style keyboards, its quite funny.

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
Names, that's interesting you say that. We have actually put the new Mac (alu) keyboards on all our PCs because we find them easier to work with, zero wrist strain, and actually less desk space. Once you get used to them (takes about a week), the key errors are also lower. What is important to know with the flat keyboards, is that they should be placed WAY BACK, with your papers, pens and pencils in your immediate front. I have seen some people trying to use flat keyboards up front link old-fashioned mainframe terminals

Did you have issue with the old mac keyboards?

TBH, I dont see logitech having any advantage over the FREE INCLUDED alu keyboards that come with new macs. Shortkeys to certain applications seems silly with the apple ribbon. I can unsderstand it is helpful (for some) on a PC since it saves them going to the start menu and hunting down their applications. But that is also why Windows has the Quick Launch bar.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
Meh,...

Looks the same as the PC version. Its a good keyboard but not the best.

panchoman

Sold my stars!
Processor Amd Athlon X2 4600+ Windsor(90nm) EE(65W) @2.9-3.0 @1.45
Motherboard Biostar Tforce [Nvidia] 550
Cooling Thermaltake Blue Orb-- bunch of other fans here and there....
Memory 2 gigs (2x1gb) of patriot ddr2 800 @ 4-4-4-12-2t
Video Card(s) Sapphire X1950pro Pci-E x16 @stock@stock on stock
Storage Seagate 7200.11 250gb Drive, WD raptors (30/40) in Raid 0
Display(s) ANCIENT 15" sony lcd, bought it when it was like 500 bucks
Case Apevia X-plorer blue/black
Audio Device(s) Onboard- Why get an sound card when you can hum??
Power Supply Antec NeoHe 550-manufactured by seasonic -replacement to the discontinued smart power series
Software Windows XP pro SP2 -- vista is still crap
simply sexy.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro

robodude666

Processor Intel E8400 @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte EP35
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P w/ dual NF-P12
Memory G.Skill 2x1GB DDR2-800 @ 650MHz
Video Card(s) HD 3870 512MB
Storage WD 250GB, Sammy 80GB, WD 80GB, Seagate 80GB
Display(s) HP w2408h
Case CoolerMaster ATCS 840
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply ThermalTake ToughPower 850w Modular
Software Windows Vista Business 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.04, Windows XP Pro SP2
Thats the "diNovo KeyBoard for Notebooks" which is a Windows keyboard according to Logitech's website. The diNovo Edge for Macs is this keyboard (the first one posted). Unless Logitech hasn't updated their website yet.

@ lemonadesoda, because only iMacs and Mac Pros come with keyboards. Macbooks, MacBook Pros, Macbook Airs and Mac Minis do not include a keyboard, they are sold separately. Plus, some people don't like Apple's keyboards either because of the thin design and the uncomfortable chicklet keys. I personally can't stand my MacBook's keyboard and use a Razer Tarantula because the keys feel much better.

I am looking forward to this keyboard, although I hope you can remap the cmd key to the middle and move option to the right.

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
Names, that's interesting you say that. We have actually put the new Mac (alu) keyboards on all our PCs because we find them easier to work with, zero wrist strain, and actually less desk space. Once you get used to them (takes about a week), the key errors are also lower. What is important to know with the flat keyboards, is that they should be placed WAY BACK, with your papers, pens and pencils in your immediate front. I have seen some people trying to use flat keyboards up front link old-fashioned mainframe terminals

Did you have issue with the old mac keyboards?

TBH, I dont see logitech having any advantage over the FREE INCLUDED alu keyboards that come with new macs. Shortkeys to certain applications seems silly with the apple ribbon. I can unsderstand it is helpful (for some) on a PC since it saves them going to the start menu and hunting down their applications. But that is also why Windows has the Quick Launch bar.

I guess its upto each others preferences, I prefer the really really old clicky keyboard that you got in the nineties. I even kept one and coloured it in black :laugh:

System Name Current
Processor Core i5 2500k
Motherboard Z77MA-G45
Cooling Cooler Master Tx3
Memory 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 960 4GB GDDR5
Storage (1) SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 IPS
Case Fractal Core 1000
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 430 Watt Corsair
Mouse Logitech g602
Keyboard K70 LUX Mech LB, Red LED, Cherry MX Brown
Software Windows 10 + Hackintosh
I am looking forward to this keyboard, although I hope you can remap the cmd key to the middle and move option to the right.

The logitech software for MAC is very good, I'm sure you can remap it. With a windows Keyboard the Logitech wave, on a mac mini we were able to remap all of the function keys, and most were automatically remaped. Although Alt still = apple key which is kind of anoying placement wise right next to the space bar.

robodude666

Processor Intel E8400 @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte EP35
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P w/ dual NF-P12
Memory G.Skill 2x1GB DDR2-800 @ 650MHz
Video Card(s) HD 3870 512MB
Storage WD 250GB, Sammy 80GB, WD 80GB, Seagate 80GB
Display(s) HP w2408h
Case CoolerMaster ATCS 840
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply ThermalTake ToughPower 850w Modular
Software Windows Vista Business 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.04, Windows XP Pro SP2
The logitech software for MAC is very good, I'm sure you can remap it. With a windows Keyboard the Logitech wave, on a mac mini we were able to remap all of the function keys, and most were automatically remaped. Although Alt still = apple key which is kind of anoying placement wise right next to the space bar.

I've been using a windows keyboard with my MacBook for a number of months now and have gotten used to the cmd in the middle and alt/option next to space. I have a ton of shortcuts involving the control/cmd/space keys and not being able to use the same layout will cause me to have to relearn them, which took a couple weeks in the first place.