• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] AMD lover

C

chris03

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Well lets get started AMD 2800+,x800gto,1GB of kingstone ram with added heat sink. 80GB sata HDD,k8 series motherboard, one extracter fan under the x800gto,1 system fan,1 cpu fan, 550W psu asus DVD drive, CRT flatscreen based (evesham CRT'S for life) CRT 17'. This is about it

Mods:
Well for a start im 14 and is really all i need for what i do like gaming,game designing stuff like that. but the CPU 2800+ i have noticed it very overclockable at stock 1.8Ghz to around about 2.4Ghz 2.2Ghz depends wat im doing up i do have overheating problems with the stock AMD CPU heatsink:(:(.i also added heatsink to the RAM to cool it down . because my ram did get very hot i noticed so i put them on and it is cool but in the upcoming summer it may get very hot.

This is a very good system for me, As i do spend most of my time on my pc. i do have dual CRT bough CRT 17' and that is about ti and it really isnt that big of a mod or not even a mod just want people to see my rig.

thanks for reading Chirs :):)

Last edited by a moderator:

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
Not too bad...but your pictures include shots of the wires BEHIND the case. That makes the pictures look REALLY ugly. That's probably why people are voting so low. I mean, if you take a good look, all the wires inside the case are nicely organized. The specs are impressive too. Keep up the good work.

M

markkleb

Everyone needs to start somewhere. (Very nice for 14 years old)

I think people who give 1's and 2's are punks.

The comp is cool, it just needs help organizing the wires. (Clean your CPU and get some AS-5)

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Onus
Processor E8500 @ 3.95ghz ~1.25v
Motherboard ASUS P5E Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Orochi cpu, 5x 120mm Zalman red LED case fans, stock GPU coolers
Memory 8gb (4x2gb) G.Skill PC8000 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) 2x ASUS 3870x2s
Storage 4x160gb RAID 0 Main, 2x 500gb RAID 0 media storage.
Display(s) LG W2600H
Case Lian Li PC-A70B, painted black and other modded aspects :)
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker. Klipsch RF-3II fronts, Yamaha NS-A222 rears, Klipsch RC-3II center, Klipsch SUB12
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64, lots of games, photoshop n stuff.
Oh my God, dust your CPU cooler!

M

markkleb

wtf8269 said:
Oh my God, dust your CPU cooler!
If you dont feel comfortable removing your heatsink get a can of air and blow it clean (OUTSIDE) That should help a lot.

System Name Sony Vaio - VGNFW390-CTO
Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T9550 (2.66GHz)
Cooling Stock
Memory 4GB DDR2-SDRAM (DDR2-800, 2GBx2)
Video Card(s) ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3650 with 512MB vRAM (pitiful card)
Storage 320GB SATA Hard Disk Drive [7200 rpm]
Display(s) LCD 16.4" (XBRITE-FullHD™)
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX
Software Windows 7
I agree. You definitely need to take an air duster (sometimes referred to as a gas duster) and dust out your CPU heatsink because all that dust acts as an insulator and can trap heat and really limit your cooling abilities. Removing all the dust should make your cpu cool down at least a little bit.

C

chris03

Thx's

Yer i will clean it.... im not scared as i did buidl the thing but it is a matter of can i be bother. but thx's for looking

Tory

Processor Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Motherboard Biostar TForce 6100
Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
Memory 2GB G.skill DDR400
Video Card(s) 8800GTS
Storage 500GB Raid 0
Display(s) Sceptre 20.1inch wide 8ms
Case Ultra Aluminus
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 value
Power Supply Seasonic 430w
When you clean the CPU cooler, just take out the four screws on the fan to remove the fan without taking off the heatsink. Then you can get at the fins while the heatsink is still attached to the motherboard.

BTW my friend has that CPU and he got 2.23Ghz without even raising the voltage yet.

C

chris03

I have cleaned it:):):)

i have added more picture's and they show you i have cleaned it :):):).and thank you for letting me know to clean it. :):)

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Processor AMD R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Modded 240mm Coolermaster Liquidmaster
Memory 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz & custom timings
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Storage 250GB Asgard SSD, 1TB Integral SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 27" BenQ Mobiuz
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E
Power Supply 1000w Supernova
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Fast. I don't need epeen.
messy as helland not very inventive, but i have a pretty colour mainboard so 7 :p

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
hey chirs i have a similar mobo to the one u got its a gigabyte guessing by the color got the same heat sink mount and all anyway, was it just me or was that stock cpu heat sink and fan a pain in the ass to get on like requiring a lota force to flip the latch over

C

chris03

erm abit

Batou1986 said:
hey chirs i have a similar mobo to the one u got its a gigabyte guessing by the color got the same heat sink mount and all anyway, was it just me or was that stock cpu heat sink and fan a pain in the ass to get on like requiring a lota force to flip the latch over

It didn't take alot to put the latch down it is trying to hook the latch onto the mobo witch is a lil pain in the ass :):)

D

Deleted member 41019

Well i know its been a while since you put your system on here but i could not pass without voting for it i don't see how people can vote so low for your pc its nice spec, tidy, and does the job thats why i voted 10/10 although i think its more of a 7-8 just thourght you deserved a bit of cred for your hard work.
And to anyone who disagrees think of it like this. This lad is 14 and has built a system (ok may not be a super computer) but he did it. there are 30,40,50+ year old people who don't know how to switch one on!!! so come on guys in the true sprit of TECH POWER UP give the kid a brake.

ok im off now once again nice one mate pay no attention to people who bad mouth you do whats right for you. And just remember opinions are like arseholes everyone has one (and some times they stink! lol!!)

Take care :)

I voted 1/10 because:

hmmm...i think you should get a new pc since that u ur so keen in to overclocking....anyway im happy to hear that u start from a very young age...man u ur only 14??