• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Releases G45M Digital Motherboard, First mATX with DrMOS

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Keeping its position as one of the world's industry leaders in innovation and technology, MSI, the world's top motherboard manufacturers, today launched the world's first mATX motherboard, G45M Digital, which utilizes the server-class DrMOS. It provides the best energy-saving solution for multimedia entertainment applications. The new G45M Digital motherboard provides energy-saving power transmission. All CPU power supply modules are using the high-quality DrMOS chip, and the exclusive GreenPower/APS (Active Phase Switching) power-saving technology. Even when it is used for a long time, users do not have to worry about the power consumption. G45M Digital motherboard utilizes the latest Intel G45/ICH10R chipset based, built-in Intel X4500HD graphics core and Intel Clear Video high-definition technology to provide high-performance 3D graphics and images. Through hardware decoding acceleration, users can also enjoy the Blu-ray high-resolution HD movies which significantly reduce the CPU loading. In addition, it also provides HDMI, DVI, D-Sub multiple display output, as well as 8-channel HD audio quality, enabling users to experience the perfect multimedia applications.

• Supports Intel Core 2 Extreme/Quad/Duo series processors
  • Supports DDR2 800 memory slots,expanded up to 16GB
  • Utilizes DrMOS VRM chip
  • HDMI、DVI、D-Sub video output
  • PCI-E 2.0 x16 supports ATI CrossFire X
  • 1 PCI-E x1, 2x PCI 2.3
  • mATX(244X225mm)form factor

Server-Class DrMOS Technology - Energy Saving and Best Performance
The second-generation DrMOS chip is recommended by Intel for processor power supply application which provides the three major features -- GreenPower (Highest Efficiency), RapidBoost (Best performance), and XpressCool (Zero Noise). It enables the G45M Digital motherboard to get adequate power supply and be more stable. When the system is in high-load operation, the power efficiency is as high as 93% which effectively reduces the waste of power consumption. With the ultra-low power reaction time and low-impedance features of DrMOS, G45M Digital motherboard can easily cope with a variety of harsh computing codec and provides a better computing performance. Unlike traditional discrete MOS design, DrMOS has a very low heat which makes the G45M Digital motherboard drop the temperature by 16 degrees. Moreover, it offers good heat dissipation capability and low noise fan.

The industry's only hardware active phase switching technology - APS (Active Phase Switching)
MSI's exclusive APS technology, a BIOS-level power-saving technology, is the key features to reduce the waste of motherboard power supply. Without running the operating system, users can directly control the computing load and automatically switch the power supply phase after booting. When the system is in high-load, the whole power phase will be opened to supply the adequate power. When the system is in low-load, the APS will close the redundant power supply phase to reduce the power consumption.

Built-in super Intel X4500HD video core
The new G45M Digital motherboard built-in Intel X4500HD video core, provides the best built-in video performance. Compared to the previous G35 built-in video core, the Intel X4500HD was improved by 72% in the 3D computing performance. Without using other independent video card, the system can cope with most 3D games in the market. In addition to the incredible features, the G45M Digital motherboard not only supports DirectX 10 Shader Model 4.0 applications and high-resolution HDMI, HDCP, DVI output, but also supports the hardware decoding acceleration that enables users to playback HD-DVD and Blu-ray high-definition HD video smoothly even when the CPU is in low-load.

G45M Digital motherboard supports the latest 45nm Intel Core 2 Extreme / Quad / Duo processors. It also supports the currently most economic DDR2-800MHz memory module with the largest expanded capacity up to 16GB. The system performance can enhance significantly if user uses the 64-bit operating system. In addition, it also supports the second-generation PCI-E X16 graphics card slots, supporting the ATI CrossFireX to help retain the escalation. G45M Digital motherboard comes with MSI's spirit of innovation and a complete and comprehensive number of exclusive features to offer consumers only the best motherboard product.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel Core i9 9900k @ 5.1GHZ all core load (8c 16t)
Motherboard MSI MEG Z390 ACE
Cooling Corsair H100i v2 240mm
Memory 32GB Corsair 3200mhz C16 (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6900 XT Red Devil Ultimate (XTXH) @ 2.6ghz core, 2.1ghz mem
Storage 256GB WD Black NVME drive, 4TB across various SSDs/NVMEs, 4TB HDD
Display(s) Asus 32" PG32QUX (4k 144hz mini-LED backlit IPS with freesync & gsync & 1400 nit HDR)
Case Corsair 760T
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed on powerplay mousemat
Keyboard Logitech G910
VR HMD Wireless Vive Pro & Valve knuckles
Software Windows 10 Pro
Intel X4500HD graphics core and Intel Clear Video high-definition technology to provide high-performance 3D graphics

ORLY?
Without using other independent video card, the system can cope with most 3D games in the market.

At what resolution and quality settings???

Don't get me wrong, looks like a very decent board for a media centre pc, but i do wish their PR would stop trying to build up the "power" of the integrated intel graphics...

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
Nice Cola-coloured PCB.

^^

One thing, how can it support CrossfireX with only the one PCIe slot? I know the chipset does, but should it be advertised? Hmmm...

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
One thing, how can it support CrossfireX with only the one PCIe slot? I know the chipset does, but should it be advertised? Hmmm...
You cant count! There are TWO PCIe slots. Just that one of them is x1 so the crossfire aint going to be that fast! :laugh::roll:

ktr

the g45 is a disappointing chipset, avoid it and get the amd 780g or the nvidia 8x00/9x00 chipset.

I believe that is the reason why the new low end macbook switched from intel to nvidia...because the g45 was crap (mostly due to bad drivers).

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
You cant count! There are TWO PCIe slots. Just that one of them is x1 so the crossfire aint going to be that fast! :laugh::roll:

D'OH! Missed out the word adequate in that sentence. However, it's pretty obvious that a 1x slot isn't going to help or even allow Crossfire, let alone CrossfireX.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R