• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Valve Inflicts European Gamers with $1 = €1 Equation

Pixelated

It seems even Valve is not immune to the overwhelming greed that is consuming this industry. Another example is Epic Games talking about how to make the game experience less enjoyable for those who buy used games unless they get ANOTHER cut off the top (Does Ford or Toyota get a cut of the sales when you sell your car?) :confused: . EA and Ubisoft effectively doing the same with PC games infected with InSecuROM and limited installations :mad:.

Valve will probably resolve this issue by adjusting the exchange rate on Steam purchased games but it's still sad that it takes 60+ pages on their forum with threats of being reported to the EU commission to make them act. It just feels like they were going to continue gouging EU gamers until someone finally caught on. Very sad and says a lot of the industry in my opinion. :mad:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Then what is to keep Steam from saying "screw it", we just aren't going to sell anything in the EU? You know what I'd do if my local government started to over-tax my business. Move! If I didn't have the choice to move, I would have to raise my prices. I'm not in the business of supporting my own government by losing money, I'm in the business to hopefully make myslef money.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
hahahahahahahahahahah

Pixelated

Then what is to keep Steam from saying "screw it", we just aren't going to sell anything in the EU? You know what I'd do if my local government started to over-tax my business. Move! If I didn't have the choice to move, I would have to raise my prices. I'm not in the business of supporting my own government by losing money, I'm in the business to hopefully make myslef money.

What do mean overtaxed? It seems to me that the users are paying the taxes not Valve. Besides Steam makes too much money from selling games in the EU to simply say screw it. In fact that's flat out ridiculous and will never happen.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
You guys trashing Steam don't seem to realize what Valve has done for this industry and continues to do. Steam currently works VERY well and you pay full price for these games for a number of good reasons. Like I said before we all go and burn Valve at the steak I think we need to learn WHY they did this. I cant imagine their marketing department being this stupid. There has to be more layers to this cake. Someone is being greedy. Lets just make sure we know who it is first. The EU, US or Valve.

If by chance its the EU governments or the U.S. I wouldn't suggest you stop supporting Valve. These guys have always had the best interest of the gamer in mind. Without them I think we would have an entire industry run in EA or Blizzard style. Think about that nightmare before we judge.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
Why the hell should it cost more? It's fucking digital distribution ffs. We already pay VAT now this bullshit? Screw you Valve, go fucking burn in Hades.

Like others have said on here, it's not the taxes you pay -- it's the taxes Steam has to pay for doing business in Europe. They're probably quite a bit higher than they are in America, so in turn, they pass on the cost of that to European consumers.

Even if it's a "completely digital content distribution system," they still have to deal with European banks and regulatory agencies to get European gamers' credit card payments accepted, and doing these things incur taxes and fees.

Like I said, though, they could be a bit more delicate about doing it, rather than treating all currency as if it was equal (which it's not).

System Name Quiet Gaming PC v5
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 (rev. 1.2)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE Rev. C
Memory 2x16GB TeamGroup Vulcan Z Red DDR4-3600 CL18
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT 309 RX 6700 XT
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe // TeamGroup MP34 4TB NVMe // Crucial MX100 512GB
Display(s) MSI G27CQ4 E2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1200
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard MKPlus Slayer M3 RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro
I just love how people manufacture some barely credible excuses just to defend Steam and Valve. Oh they pay taxes? You have proof?

Do you even know how VAT works?!

Of course, in Europe there are taxes aplenty! It is the land of taxes! Taxes, taxes and taxes! It is a land of strange people and strange taxes and greedy governments who overtax everything and everyone, ooo beware!! Oh poor poor american corporation, it had to pay the evil evil European taxes all by itself, wah wah.

So what's your excuse for Steam games costing more than retail? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
I just love how people manufacture some barely credible excuses just to defend Steam and Valve. Oh they pay taxes? You have proof?

First of all welcome to the forums rpsgc.

Second of all be careful how you approach your points and opinions. You can and WILL be ripped apart by some pretty intellectual people here. After all this isn't a Pokemon forum.

Swansen

???? thats assuming just as much, considering, you don't know these people, and considering that all the information about how VAT works is publicly available, and yeah, if they do business in Europe, then they pay taxes, i'm pretty sure its that simple. On that, one person suggested that there is more government taxes to be paid in Europe than here in the US, not all of us. Lastly, with the way US gov is right now, big business hardly has to pay out anything to the government right now, so yes, i'm sure Valve is taxed heavier in Europe right now.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro

Of course, in Europe there are taxes aplenty! It is the land of taxes! Taxes, taxes and taxes! It is a land of strange people and strange taxes and greedy governments who overtax everything and everyone, ooo beware!! Oh poor poor american corporation, it had to pay the evil evil European taxes all by itself, wah wah.

So what's your excuse for Steam games costing more than retail? :rolleyes:

No one's talking about Steam's games costing more than retail (at least I don't think).

The discussion is about why a product costs more in the EU than it does in the US, and the decision about why is leaning towards the increased costs of doing business in the EU.

Now, there's no need to be inflammatory -- no one's asking for pity for Steam/Valve. They knew the costs of doing business in the EU, and they still chose to do so -- I really don't think they'd have chosen anything else; the EU is a huge market, and one that a business can't really ignore, even if the costs/fines are greater there (just look at Microsoft!).

Last edited:

xu^

System Name Mr Improving
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700x @3.4ghz/4.6ghz
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Cooling Deepcool AS-500 Plus - White | 6 Lian Li ST120mm case fans - White
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 4x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 - White
Video Card(s) Asus Dual GeForce RTX 4070 12GB OC
Storage 512gb Sabrent Nvme | 4tb Samsung SSD | 2tb WD Blue SSD| 1tb Crucial P3 Nvme| 1tb WD Blue HDD = 8.5tb
Display(s) D1: LG Ultragear GL850-B 27" 1440p 144hz | D2: Asus Tuf - VG249 24" 1080p 144hz
Case Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh RGB - White
Audio Device(s) Creative T20 2.0 Speakers | Steelseries Arctis 3 Headset - White
Power Supply Corsair TX650M Semi Modular 80+ Gold
Mouse Red Dragon M991 - White
Keyboard Corsair K70 Mk.2 SE - White
Software Windows 11 Pro
id never buy a game off steam ,its cheaper to order a boxed retail copy from somewhere like Play.com ,and it has a real disk and manual :)

Steam has always been a total ripoff for uk gamers.

System Name Quiet Gaming PC v5
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 (rev. 1.2)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE Rev. C
Memory 2x16GB TeamGroup Vulcan Z Red DDR4-3600 CL18
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT 309 RX 6700 XT
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe // TeamGroup MP34 4TB NVMe // Crucial MX100 512GB
Display(s) MSI G27CQ4 E2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1200
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard MKPlus Slayer M3 RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro
First of all welcome to the forums rpsgc.

Second of all be careful how you approach your points and opinions. You can and WILL be ripped apart by some pretty intellectual people here. After all this isn't a Pokemon forum.

First of all I registered here before you, so please... enough patronizing.

Second, I don't care how "intellectual" they might be, as long as they don't have proof to what they're saying then it's nothing more than assumptions and opinions, not fact.

Third, ad hominem already? Please, if you're going to call me an idiot at least be man enough and do it directly instead of dropping hints about me being some 13yo immature newbie who just registed and likes Pokemon and can't form a coherent post/chain of thought.

So by your logic Amazon (US) also pays taxes to sell to European customers. Nevermind the fact that they operate and are based off the US. Because the EU forces American corporations on American soil to pay taxes if they want to sell to some random chap in the EU. Right? And Steam is based off an American server.

Last edited:

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Then what is to keep Steam from saying "screw it", we just aren't going to sell anything in the EU?

The retail hard-copies of Valve games sold in stores. Non-Valve games are sold anyway. The real "scr** it" will come from the consumers, soon enough if this pricing scheme stays on.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
???? thats assuming just as much, considering, you don't know these people, and considering that all the information about how VAT works is publicly available, and yeah, if they do business in Europe, then they pay taxes, i'm pretty sure its that simple. On that, one person suggested that there is more government taxes to be paid in Europe than here in the US, not all of us. Lastly, with the way US gov is right now, big business hardly has to pay out anything to the government right now, so yes, i'm sure Valve is taxed heavier in Europe right now.
Well FYI the U.S. government taxes all business in the U.S. about 30% across the board. Capital gains, Customs, ect. Ireland is around 11%. However its the import tax to IP's "Intellectual properties" that Europe has gone wild on. This is why I think Steam had to jack up their prices. But I think its a safe assumption. So yeah I defend Valve currently because I thought you were considered innocent until proven guilty in the free world.

I know its in style to bash the "rich" or large cooperations but your government no matter what country is the biggest corporation/thief you could ever imagine. This is why I tend to defend the privet sector.

First of all I registered here before you, so please... enough patronizing.

Second, I don't care how "intellectual" they might be, as long as they don't have proof to what they're saying then it's nothing more than assumptions and opinions, not fact.

Third, ad hominem already? Please, if you're going to call me an idiot at least be man enough and do it directly instead of dropping hints about me being some 13yo immature newbie who just registed and likes Pokemon and can't form a coherent post/chain of thought.

So by your logic Amazon (US) also pays taxes to sell to European customers.

Well man you now have 11 posts. I could care less when you registered. Your new to contributing to the forums. This is fact. Sorry.

Second you are also making assumptions. We ALL ARE. I don't work for Valve and you don't ether. You see the price go up so you assume greed on Valves part. You don't question why. You ASSUMED.

Third I did no such thing. I was giving you a fair warning that your tone is heading towards flame land and you wont like it there. You will be crushed and this is a great forum. It sucks when someone gets banned......unless its candle.

Amazon sells in Europe and doesn't face tariff because it has a branch in Europe. Steam doesn't.

Last edited:

DarkMatter

Processor Intel C2Q Q6600 @ Stock (for now)
Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Cooling Proc: Scythe Mine, Graphics: Zalman VF900 Cu
Memory 4 GB (2x2GB) DDR2 Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) GigaByte 8800GT Stock Clocks: 700Mhz Core, 1700 Shader, 1940 Memory
Storage 74 GB WD Raptor 10000rpm, 2x250 GB Seagate Raid 0
Display(s) HP p1130, 21" Trinitron
Case Antec p180
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi PLatinum
Power Supply 700W FSP Group 85% Efficiency
Software Windows XP
They are just being TOO GREEDY. One way or another. It's simple. There's no way that:

Game + Digital distribution + taxes >= Game + Documentation and box + Overseas distribution + Taxes + Intermediaries + Retail stores profit + VAT.

And that's exactly what happens here. They have become greedy, greedy, greedy. And they'll pay the price that costs trying such a thing.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
They are just being TOO GREEDY. One way or another. It's simple. There's no way that:

Game + Digital distribution + taxes >= Game + Documentation and box + Overseas distribution + Taxes + Intermediaries + Retail stores profit + VAT.

And that's exactly what happens here. They have become greedy, greedy, greedy. And they'll pay the price that costs trying such a thing.

I was told there would be no math

TheMailMan78

Big Member

You have no idea what they pay for digital distribution/IP taxes in Europe. It may in fact be more expensive than to import physical goods.

System Name AMD | Intel | Chumpy
Processor PHII 955BE Stock | i7 920 D0 4.01 GHz | i7 920 D0 4.01 GHz
Motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70 | EX58 - UD5 | E760 4 Way SLI
Cooling Zalman 9700 CNPS | Water Loop | Water Loop
Memory 4 GB XMS3 1600 MHz | 6 GB Dominators 1600 MHz | 6 GB Dominators 1866 MHz
Video Card(s) 3 x 9600GSO, GTX260 216 | 2 x GTX 260 216 | GTX 260 216, 9600 GSO
Storage WD 640GB | Couple o' 5400RPMs | WD 1TB
Case Cosmos S | Lancool K62 Dragonlord | Lian Li PC-P80 Armor
Power Supply TX850 | HX 1000 | HX 1000
Software Win 7 Home Premium | Win 7 Ultimate | Vista Home Premium
Also, while it may be small, the nature of exchange rates play a part. Being that they always fluctuate, most places will have a set rate for the day that is usually far above what it is actually at that point. For example right now CAD to USD is 1.21xxx via www.xe.com. However looking at what paypal is currently offering as exchange rate is upwards of 1.26xxx. Only 5 cents here but I've seen as much as 10 cents.

Before you start flaming me I know they don't use paypal, it was merely a convenient example. Whatever their currency solution is it could very well suffer from the same problem that I find with paypal. Mind you, I just don't know. Then again I should think none of you do either.

Last edited:

kylew

Processor Main: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 3.7Ghz / Server: Q6600@ Stock
Motherboard Main: Asus P5E @ Rampage Forumla / Server: P5K Deluxe
Cooling Main: Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme (8 x 120mm fans inc. PSU + 2 x 92mm fans.) / Server: Stock
Memory Main: 4x2GB Gskill DDR2 1000Mhz / Server: 4x1GB Gskill DDR2 800Mhz
Video Card(s) Main: 2GB 5870 Eyefinity 6 / Server: HD 4850
Storage 8 Internal (SATA) 2 External (USB). Total storage 5.4TB
Display(s) Triple Dell 24" 2408WFP
Case Main: Silverstone TJ07 / Server: Coolermaster Stacker 810
Audio Device(s) Main: Auzentech Xmystique / Server: NI Rig Kontrol
Power Supply Main: Coolermaster Realpower 850w Modular / Server Tagan 600W Modular
Software Main: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit / Server: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark 06 19.5k 3D Mark Vantage 12.5k Super PI 13.4s
Eh? What I don't understand is, what's changed? Europeans have been buying games from steam for years, where did all these taxes suddenly come from? If they make the rate 1to1 then how can steam stay inline with retail pricing?

COD4, when it came out on steam was $70. 1to1 rate = 70 Euro, I HIGHLY doubt that's even close to European RRP.

As for the UK, COD 4 on the PC was £30 when it came out, 70 Euro would put that at £50, I've never seen a PC game for £50 that wasn't a special collector's edition.

What's different now, and is this implemented for the UK customers or just ones that use the Euro?

Processor Intel Core i5 3570K
Motherboard MSI H61m-P31/w8
Cooling Stock
Memory 2*8GB DDR3
Video Card(s) XFX HD7850
Case Coolermaster Elite 330
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD audio
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Software Windows 10
But the price in the UK is in fact lower than in stores, that makes sense. There is no way they're paying the vast amount extra on games in tax since the exchange rate is near enough to 1 euro to 1 GBP, I severely doubt they're paying £23 or 23 euros in taxes, someone in VALVe screwed up big time, the 70 page hate thread on their forums is going a bit far but they are well and truly screwing over anyone who lives on the continent.

Processor Intel Core i5 3570K
Motherboard MSI H61m-P31/w8
Cooling Stock
Memory 2*8GB DDR3
Video Card(s) XFX HD7850
Case Coolermaster Elite 330
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD audio
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Software Windows 10
Just ones using euros.

DarkMatter

Processor Intel C2Q Q6600 @ Stock (for now)
Motherboard Asus P5Q-E
Cooling Proc: Scythe Mine, Graphics: Zalman VF900 Cu
Memory 4 GB (2x2GB) DDR2 Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) GigaByte 8800GT Stock Clocks: 700Mhz Core, 1700 Shader, 1940 Memory
Storage 74 GB WD Raptor 10000rpm, 2x250 GB Seagate Raid 0
Display(s) HP p1130, 21" Trinitron
Case Antec p180
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi PLatinum
Power Supply 700W FSP Group 85% Efficiency
Software Windows XP
You have no idea what they pay for digital distribution/IP taxes in Europe. It may in fact be more expensive than to import physical goods.

I DO HAVE an idea, and I can guaratee you it's not that much. Although I don't know exactly how much it is, it's the same for all companies doing Digital Distribution (indiferently if they are or not from outside EU AFAIK) and the rest is charged htrough VAT. If many other companies can operate just well, Valve can. Increasing the cost by 1-2 euros could have been "fair", but come on...

Open the eyes, they just want as much of the pie as they can. They just thought "Ey they pay 50 euros for retail copies there."

"Let's forget about the fact that those 50 euros pay the retailers, the small distributors and intermediaries and the expenses of making and printing the documentation and boxes for all those countries. Let's get the money."

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
It would be nice to see how much Steam actually has to pay the EU to sell software as opposed to other countries. I know all about this kind of crap living in an over-taxed city. It wasn't always like this. Before idiot people started voting other idiots into office, in a time when politicians actually had a sense of monitary responsibility, there were a lot of businesses in this town. Taxes went up, the businesses had to raise their prices to compensate. People didn't want to pay so much so they took their business elsewhere and the businesses in town had to either close, or move to a lesser tax hell. Once this happens the town has to increase taxes even further due to getting less revenue from the businesses that moved out. Know what happens next? Ghost town. Go ahead, let your politicians run your town/country and tax the hell out of you and force your jobs elsewhere. Or, pay a premium.

Last edited:
Processor Intel i5-3570K @ 3.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock LGA1155 Z77 Extreme 4
Cooling Cooler Master Evo 212
Memory 16GB (4X4) G.Skill Ripjaw 2 DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Nvidia gForce GTX 660ti
Storage 1x Samsung 840 EVO 256GB 6Gb/s, 1x WD 500GB 6Gb/s, 1x WD 80GB 3Gb/s
Display(s) ASUS VH242H Black + 2 HP 2311x 23" LED
Case Fractal Design R4
Audio Device(s) Realtek OnBoard Both
Power Supply Cooler Master 850w
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Wow that sucks. But oh well at least it doesn't effect me:D

Swansen

Well FYI the U.S. government taxes all business in the U.S. about 30% across the board.s candle.

Off topic, but i don't like Corporate USA or the government, they are both greedy and nether have the peoples interest in mind. Large corporations hardly ever pay the taxes they are suppose to, they are an extreme amount of loopwholes, and right now, the larger the business, the larger the tax breaks.

As far as Valve goes, who knows whats going on, maybe its greed, maybe its higher cost of doing business, who knows, but Valve should release a public statement detailing their pricing model, if they really cared about their customers, thats what should happen, but it won't.