• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] syncronimph

M

mangoSi

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
ECS MoBo. AMD Athlon 6000+ x2. 2GB DDR2 800mhz Ram. Grfx 8600GT OC'd.

Mods:
Cut a case window, added a couple of LED system fans and some Cooler master cathodes. Nothing too fancy.

Sorry had to repost this one. Images were giving me trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name New Build - Oct. 2021
Processor Intel i7 10700k
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming H570-PRO
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Corsair Vengence 16gb 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3060ti 8gb
Storage 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO NvMe m.2
Display(s) 27" LG Ultragear 144hz
Case Fractal Design- Meshify 2
Audio Device(s) Onborad dts
Power Supply Corsair RX 650 W
Mouse Roccat Kiro
Keyboard Razer Tarantula
Software Windows 10 Home x64
good cable magnt.

K

kyle2020

fantastic cable management, very nice. Tidy cases just look so much better. Not bad on a hardware level either :toast:

Jakl

System Name AMD Fun Rig | Intel Lil' Gaming Rig
Processor 720BE x4 3.4ghz 1.375v | E8400 4ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte 790FXT-UD5P | eVGA 780i
Cooling Scythe Mugen | TRUE
Memory G.Skill 2x2gb 1600 | 4x1gb Crucial 800
Video Card(s) ATI 3870 | eVGA 9800GTX
Storage 1TB Seagate | 1TB Seagate
Display(s) 24" ASUS VK246H | 28" Acer LCD TV | 40" Sony V4100
Case Lian Li | Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X | Onboard
Power Supply Thermaltake 1200W | PC Silencer 750
Software Win7 64
Very Clean
Very nice job of cutting the side

Maybe next project to do is paint in the inside of the case?

M

mangoSi

Very Clean
Very nice job of cutting the side

Maybe next project to do is paint in the inside of the case?

Do you have any pointers on colour choice and if I need to use any primer paints? I'm a bit new to spray painting...

Jakl

Software Win7 64
Do you have any pointers on colour choice and if I need to use any primer paints? I'm a bit new to spray painting...

Even myself I am not to sure lol, I would just go to a paint store and buy black spray can , take everything out and spray inside of it lol. There are alot of tutorial on TPU , lemme see if I can find them

Source: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=32848&highlight=color+inside+case

Painting

Some people like to turn their ugly beige cases into a pretty black or colored case. Very popular mod and it adds a very personal touch to the case overall. Painting can be tricky, as the best way to do it is spray paint, and that is a pain. lets go shopping! Choose the highest quality spray paint, as you want this to last. One thats done, get a clear coating, spray on epoxy, vinyl coating ect. This coating is important as it will protect the delicate spray paint. Once shopped, remove as many panels from your case as the case allows. Usually you can get the side, back side, front and sometimes the top. Lay out these panels on a sheet or blanket you don't care about getting paint on. Apply about 3-4 coatings to the panels and allow drying time in between each coating. When all the paint is dry apply the clear protective coating. The best way to dry them is to hang them up on coat hangers about 2-3 feet away from each other, bend the coat hangers till they will hold the panels with the least amount of contact. Use some fans to help the drying out. You now have a new colorful case! Tip for not killing your lungs, this may be a lot of spray paint, have a well vented room with fans sucking out the excess paint and blowing it outside.

M

mangoSi

Even myself I am not to sure lol, I would just go to a paint store and buy black spray can , take everything out and spray inside of it lol. There are alot of tutorial on TPU , lemme see if I can find them

Source: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=32848&highlight=color+inside+case

Cool, sounds like a good plan. I also want to add a 120mm fan to the floor of the case to cool the grfx card, and one in the roof of the case to suck hot air out. I can't find these fans for sale in my area, can you suggest a good online store?

Jakl

Software Win7 64
Is your case lifted off the bottom couple Centimeters (or inches) ? Its hard to suck air from the bottom, and also consider that dust is on your floor, so your case will get dusty very fast... I would say for the "In Flow" , have a fan in the front blowing it "in" , and having a fan on the back of the case for the exhaust.

If you are from South Africa, Mossel Bay, I am not to sure of any online sites that will be best for you... Most of us are from North America and we get most of our stuff from Newegg.com

Another Idea is attaching a FAN to your new Side window? Cut a circle and put a 120mm fan blowing in directly on your GPU's

System Name Fractality 1.0
Processor Intel Core i7-860 @ 3.6GHz
Motherboard EVGA P55 SLI
Cooling Prolimatech Megahalems and four Fractal Design 120mm fans, sleeved
Memory 16GB Kingston Hyper RAM
Video Card(s) PNY GeForce 580 XLR8
Storage 64GB and 180GB SSDs / 1TB and 2TB HDDs
Display(s) 24" Acer V243W
Case Fractal Design Define R2, sleeved all I/O cables
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX750W modular, sadly only stock sleeving
Software Win 7 64bit
Nice job on the window and cable management. Expecially nice job with cable management. I once had to fix something on a comp seated in this case, its not fun to deal with the cables.

M

mangoSi

Is your case lifted off the bottom couple Centimeters (or inches) ? Its hard to suck air from the bottom, and also consider that dust is on your floor, so your case will get dusty very fast... I would say for the "In Flow" , have a fan in the front blowing it "in" , and having a fan on the back of the case for the exhaust.

If you are from South Africa, Mossel Bay, I am not to sure of any online sites that will be best for you... Most of us are from North America and we get most of our stuff from Newegg.com

Another Idea is attaching a FAN to your new Side window? Cut a circle and put a 120mm fan blowing in directly on your GPU's

My case is about 1 cm of the table. I usually have it standing on a small chair (Not the table shown in the pic.) with wooden slats which allows for sufficient airflow from the bottom. I like the fans on the website you gave me. Also had a look at xoxide.com. Plenty of good stuff. I'll c if i can get shipping to S.A. Thanks for the tips, there's not a lot of case modders in my area, so it's good to talk to people that know what's going on. Cheers!

Havvoc

System Name The Great Masher
Processor QX9770
Motherboard Striker Extreme
Cooling Liquid
Memory Mushkin 1066 4GB
Video Card(s) GTX 280 x2 SLI
Storage Raptor 150, 2x Samsung 500GB Raid 0
Display(s) Acer 24" B243W
Case Gigabyte 3D Mercury
Audio Device(s) Onboard HD
Power Supply Gigabyte Odin
Software uhhhhh... All
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 28031
Wwhhhaaatt!!!

Who Gave You A 10????????

M

mangoSi

Who Gave You A 10????????

Lol! I don't know, someone with a generous spirit i guess... I've never modded a box before. This is my first ever build. It's nothing like the other pc's on this website but i like it. It's not finished yet. I have some work to do still.