• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Arctic Azure

Processor Intel Core i9 13900KF
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero EVA Edition
Cooling Asus Ryujin II 360 EVA Edition
Memory 4x16GBs DDR5 6800MHz G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo Series
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro OS - 4TB Nextorage G Series Games - 8TBs WD Black Storage
Display(s) LG C2 OLED 42" 4K 120Hz HDR G-Sync enabled TV
Case Asus ROG Helios EVA Edition
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S910W - 7.1 Klipsch Dolby ATMOS Speaker Setup - Audeze Maxwell
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1300W
Mouse Asus ROG Keris EVA Edition - Asus ROG Scabbard II EVA Edition
Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Scope EVA Edition
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey VR
Software Windows 11 Pro 64bit
To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Intel Pentium 4 "Prescott" 3Ghz@3.3Ghz, Intel D865GLC Motherboard, BFG 6800GSOC @ 400Mhz Core/1.1Ghz Mem & 16pp/6vp, 4x512MBs Crucial Ballistix DDR400 RAM, Soundblaster Audigy 2, 120GBs 7200RPM SATA Seagate HDD, 60GBs 7200RPM IDE Maxtor HDD, Liteon 16X DVD-RW, NEC 16X DVD-ROM, Raidmax Astro Black Case, Thermaltake TR2-430W PSU, Compaq V70 17" CRT, Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers

Mods:
Arctic Cooling Freezer 4, Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5 Rev. 3, 2x12" Blue Cold Cathode Lights, 4x80mm fans blowing air out of case, 2 60mm fans for cooling RAM DIMMs and one 60mm fan for cooling the mosfets at the back of video card, HDD Cooler for 120GBs SATA drive, Copper ramsinks on Audigy's Proc and Mobo's Southbridge ;)

Tell me what you guys think about my PC. Any thoughts, suggestions, and critiques are appreciated :) Thank you :D

Last edited by a moderator:

pt

not a suicide-bomber
Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-60 (Trinidad)
Motherboard ASUS F3Ka (ATI RS690M)
Cooling stock
Memory Nanya 2x1GB ddr2 667@5-5-5-15-2T
Video Card(s) ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600 512MB DDR2@ 580mhz/486mhz
Storage 160GB on laptop+250GB external
Display(s) ASUS 15.4
Case Asus Laptop F3Ka chassis
Audio Device(s) on-board
Power Supply 1:30minutes battery
Software "genui xp", 'cause i hated vista
That is what i call "a lot of fans"

Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro OS - 4TB Nextorage G Series Games - 8TBs WD Black Storage
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S910W - 7.1 Klipsch Dolby ATMOS Speaker Setup - Audeze Maxwell
Yes indeed, living in a tropical country where ambient temperatures go from 30~35°C everyday (and up to 40°C in hot summer days) I need all the airflow I can get to keep all PC components cool. It's the best I can do without investing in water cooling... :p

Btw I forgot to mention that my SATA drive has two dedicated 60mm fans attatched under it to lower its temps too ;)

All the fans produce very little noise, cause all the components that usually make too much noise (CPU fan and GPU fan) have very low RPM AC fans on them. Even the two fans on the PSU are very quiet :)

Last edited:
System Name Lian Li Carbon fiber ed.
Processor Intel i5 2500k 4.6Ghz 24/7 Max OC 5Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Cooling Swiftech blocks, 360 Xflow rad, Swiftech 120 rad, Liang with XSPC res/pump top.
Memory 8Gb Mushkin 1600Mhz 8-9-8-24
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD6950 2Gb
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 128 / Western Digital 160
Display(s) ASUS 25,5" wide VW266h
Power Supply Corsair HX620 modular
Software Windows 7 64
Like your setup. Maybe you can give the inside of the case a color.
7 from me.

technicks said:
Like your setup. Maybe you can give the inside of the case a color.
7 from me.

Thanks for the suggestion and for your vote ;) I appreciate it :)
By color you mean I should spray paint the interior of the case? What color do you think would better match my setup?
Thanks again for your help :)

System Name Lian Li Carbon fiber ed.
Processor Intel i5 2500k 4.6Ghz 24/7 Max OC 5Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Cooling Swiftech blocks, 360 Xflow rad, Swiftech 120 rad, Liang with XSPC res/pump top.
Memory 8Gb Mushkin 1600Mhz 8-9-8-24
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD6950 2Gb
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 128 / Western Digital 160
Display(s) ASUS 25,5" wide VW266h
Power Supply Corsair HX620 modular
Software Windows 7 64
Maybe you could give it bright orange inside. Would look great with the blue.

regards.

technicks said:
Maybe you could give it bright orange inside. Would look great with the blue.

regards.

Doesn't sound bad, I'm also gonna work on the cabling once I put all parts back on the case after painting it, will post new pics when I'm done ;)

chopperdan88

wow, fan overload????

dude, nice setup, but you spoil the view with all of those fans, and i don't even want to ask how loud that thing is when its turned on! since you asked for some positive criticism, here's what i have: 1) lose some of those fans( you only want air moved through your case, not around in it) 2) use some blue LED fans instead of the light tubes, due to the unnecessary brightness of them( and since you already have one in the front of your case), and 3) *if you can*, position the fan around on your processor so it will make the air go over the heatsink so it will go out the top of your case, not throught the power supply.

HAPPY FRAGGING!!! =)

chopperdan88 said:
and i don't even want to ask how loud that thing is when its turned on!

15th Warlock said:
All the fans produce very little noise, cause all the components that usually make too much noise (CPU fan and GPU fan) have very low RPM AC fans on them. Even the two fans on the PSU are very quiet :)

It's not loud at all :) As you know, 60mm fans makes no noise, and 80mm fans make very little noise ;) I can record an MP3 of it running if you want, all noisy fans have been eliminated from my system ;)

Thanks for your advice :), Yes, I'm planning to get more LED fans for it, as only one of my fans has LEDs on it, but here each LED fan is $9+ so I'll have to wait a little bit till I have some free money to burn, gotta save some for the upcoming vacations! :D

I know the fans spoil the view :( specifically the fan at the back of my card and the fans over the DIMMs (those golden heatspreaders Crucial put on their Ballistix modules look so cool!) but, the problem is temps in my country are very high, and if I touch the DIMMs after an hour of heavy gaming (i.e. Oblivion! :eek:) I can almost burn my hand!

The fan at the back of the card is for cooling the mosfets, these can get very hot during gaming, and the AC NV Silencer design won't allow for any airflow in that particular area, so I need to get some fresh air circulating there :)

Unfortunately, the design of the AC Freezer 4 doesn't allow you to redirect the fan, so it you can either set it to blow the air upwards to the PSU, or downwards, to the video card, I chose what I thought was the best possible option, the PSU has two fans in it blowing hot air out of the case, so I think it can cope with the heated air comming from the CPU, it is better that way than having that hot air blowing all over the back of the video card IMO :)

I just painted the interior of my case bright green and it looks great! Gonna post some pics as soon as I get back from my vacation next weekend, I worked a little bit on hiding the cabling too, so it doesn't look so messy! :p

New pics coming as soon as I get back, gotta get some margaritas at sunny Montelimar beach:

Thanks so much for the feedback guys! :) See you next week :D

P.S. I would like to ask why some ppl are rating my system at 1 (worthless)? I'll appreciate if you have any suggestion to make, but please no hate votes :(

Last edited: