• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which wireless gaming mouse to get.

System Name PIA
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASRock B550M Steel Legend
Cooling Corsair H50
Memory 2x8GB Gskill DDR4 3600
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1660 Super
Storage Samsung EVO 970 1TB
Display(s) 2xAOC Curved 24" 144hz
Case Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L
Power Supply CORSAIR RMX (White) RM750x
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL
Software Windows 10 Pro
Sooo,

Microsoft just came out with the sidewinder x8...

Razor keeps talking about a Mansa wireless mouse....

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=103&active_tab=overview

And logitech has one out thats supposed to be pretty good.

I have owned a bunch of g5's and a razer diamondback 3g <-- I use this right now.... and I'm kind of sick of wired mouses and I wan't to give wireless a try...

The sidewinder looks appealing because It's got a lot of dpi, sounds responsive and has a 30 hour charge life.... so I can hook it back up to the charger while watching movies and sleeping and working (eww) and stuff. But it is red and black and looks cheap... I also want to test out the feel of it before I drop $100 on it.

The mansa looks good... but it's probably a lot of money and I haven't seen it anywhere yet. Can it be a wireless and a wired mouse like the sidewinder and how long is the battery life? Razer is pretty good about the products they make (except the razer barracudas are the crappiest headsets I've ever owned....)

Logitech... Customer service is good :D anything else?

Upgrades are what I live for sadly :( After this small mouse upgrade I'm going to have to start looking forward to upgrading something else......

Oh! I know!!! Comfortable chair!!! :D YAY.
Mouse first though.

System Name Corsair 900D
Processor FX8350
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling Corsair H110I
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Asus GTX1080
Storage 2x 500GB 1x 1TB WD Green
Display(s) Acer 24" 1080p / HP 27" 1080p LED
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster X-Fi (Built in/Mobo) - Xonar Sound Card
Power Supply Enermax 1020Watt
Mouse Logitech Something Whatever
Keyboard Logtich G910
Software Windows 10
I used the Logitech G7 for a while before the damn batteries died and the Optical light failed. Finally tossed it. It lasted it's time tho. Three years on the dot for that warranty.

I like you hated having wired this and that. I currently have the BT, MX1000 pro or whatever it may be from Logitech and I found it bad in gaming.

If I were you i would stick to wired, better performance and nicer IMO. Especially Logitech's new line of handmade gaming equipment, the G19 Keyboard or the G9X mouse.

I've only heard good things about the Razor product's as well. I guess it comes down to the user.

System Name KILLER
Processor Intel Core i7 4790K
Motherboard MSI Z87 G45 Gaming
Cooling Water Cooling
Memory 2x8GB Gskill 2400mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 980
Storage SSD Samsung 500GB
Display(s) 24" Asus 144hz
Case Cooler Master HAF
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Platinum
Power Supply Antec 1200 Watt Modular
Software Windows 10 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Vantage 51342
For gaming theres nothing better than a wired mouse....Wireless mice just cant compete...I would go with a MX518 or G5 if you are a true gamer!!

If it must be wireless, I suggest going for razer's newest release

System Name Gaming System / HTPC-Server
Processor i7 8700K (@4.8 Ghz All-Core) / R7 5900X
Motherboard Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming / MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling CM ML360 / CM ML240L
Memory 16Gb Hynix @3200 MHz / 16Gb Hynix @3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Zotac 3080 / Colorful 1060
Storage 750G MX300 + 2x500G NVMe / 40Tb Reds + 1Tb WD Blue NVMe
Display(s) LG 27GN800-B 27'' 2K 144Hz / Sony TV
Case Xigmatek Aquarius Plus / Corsair Air 240
Audio Device(s) On Board Realtek
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W / Andyson TX-700 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero / K400+
Keyboard Wooting Two / K400+
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15 = 1542 3D Mark Timespy = 9758
Got to say i've only ever used wireless mice for gaming. too many wires on the desktop get in the way and tend to pull tight more often than i like (i know this is due to me being lazy organizing the cables properly) I'm currently using a plain logitech (EX90) wireless and is fine for gaming, not great and it would be nice to have a couple of extra buttons, but i am fairly ambidextorous so i can use keboard keys pretty much as easily. In the end it's all down to personal prefernce - there is no better choice, just what works for you and what you are used to.

System Name Serenity
Processor Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Hero
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight II SD1283
Memory 16GB Kingston DDR3
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB
Storage 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSDs, RAID0
Display(s) 2x 27" Samsung curved
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1
Power Supply Thermaltake 1200w
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I use the MX1000 and I find it wonderful for gaming.

T

TechnicalFreak

I would never use anything wireless for gaming, not even if it was from Razer (big Razer fan!). I say stick with wires, because most of my gaming friends who has/had wireless always at the end complain about it being not so good as they thought it would be. Actually, I did however once own a Logitech wireless set. It was good as long as it lasted..

System Name PIA
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASRock B550M Steel Legend
Cooling Corsair H50
Memory 2x8GB Gskill DDR4 3600
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1660 Super
Storage Samsung EVO 970 1TB
Display(s) 2xAOC Curved 24" 144hz
Case Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L
Power Supply CORSAIR RMX (White) RM750x
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL
Software Windows 10 Pro
For gaming theres nothing better than a wired mouse....Wireless mice just cant compete...I would go with a MX518 or G5 if you are a true gamer!!
I have used both before.
I've talked with a few pro cod4 players at a lan I went too and they had the g7 and they loved it for gaming.

I wan't to give wireless a try, I've had the attitude that wired was better before but really... The sidewinder looks good as does the razer although I haven't seen much on it
Got to say i've only ever used wireless mice for gaming. too many wires on the desktop get in the way and tend to pull tight more often than i like (i know this is due to me being lazy organizing the cables properly) I'm currently using a plain logitech (EX90) wireless and is fine for gaming, not great and it would be nice to have a couple of extra buttons, but i am fairly ambidextorous so i can use keboard keys pretty much as easily. In the end it's all down to personal prefernce - there is no better choice, just what works for you and what you are used to.
Yup, I hate my wires getting tugged and I would like to have some freedom of movement with a mouse which I can't have with wired.
I would never use anything wireless for gaming, not even if it was from Razer (big Razer fan!). I say stick with wires, because most of my gaming friends who has/had wireless always at the end complain about it being not so good as they thought it would be. Actually, I did however once own a Logitech wireless set. It was good as long as it lasted..

From what I hear on wireless it all depends on what you get. I've used a logitech wireless mouse that I got on the cheap once and it was crap, but it's what I expected because it was so cheap.

I think I will stay away from logitech... there g5 and mx518's all had problems eventually. They have a great warranty though while it lasts.

So... Yes I'm getting a wireless mouse, I want to know which one people think I should get. If you think wired> wireless that's nice.

ShinyG

System Name My Computer
Processor Intel 2600K@4.4Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Z68
Cooling Scythe Mugen
Memory 2x4Gb
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD7850
Storage 1xA-Datat SSD 64GB; 1x WD RE3 500GB; 1x Maxtor 750GB
Display(s) Dell Ultrasharp 2005FPW
Case Antec 900 + cable management + Zalman fan ctrl
Audio Device(s) Asus XONAR DS
Power Supply Corsair 520HX
Software Win 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores I've fried plenty o' parts when not OCing. Need to start doing it again to avoid problems...
I have a Logitech MX1000 at home and an old MX510 (the old optical one) at work.
I get my ass handed to me with the MX1000 in TF2. The mouse is too heavy and the lag is horrific :(
By comparison, playing on the old MX510 at work is a breeze, even though its "specs" are far inferior. Considering that the system I have at home (system specs) is faar better than the one at work, I'd say the mouse is the problem!
Anyway, I'm also looking for a new gaming mouse and from the looks of it, I'll go for a wired Logitech G5 or a "regular" Razer if I can get my hands on one of them (literally, I have big hands :p) for a test-run.
But enough self-talk, back on topic: you could wait for Razer's Mamba. The mouse isn't even available for pre-order yet and there are no reviews/previews online yet, but it might be worth the wait ;)

System Name Ultra 64
Processor NEC VR4300 (MIPS R4300i)
Motherboard proprietary design
Cooling Fanless aircooled
Memory 4.5MB 250 MHz RDRAM
Video Card(s) 62.5 MHz Reality Coprocessor
Storage 32 - 512 Mbit ROM Cartridge
Display(s) 720x576
Case Clear Blue Funtastic
Audio Device(s) 16-bit CD quality
Power Supply proprietary design
Mouse N64 mouse for use with N64DD
Keyboard N64 keyboard for use with N64DD
i have a cheap wirelss Ymikomi keys an mouse set an tbh its great i do quite well multi player, but that might be my choice of mini-gun of sniper:D