• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Stuck with New Gigabyte EX38-DS4

Hey,

Got my new board the other day. I've got everything working. Went to get my overclocks back (had 10x400 with my P5K), but every time i try to overclock, it saves, then restarts, then before booting it restarts twice and on the third start, it loads the old settings.

I've made them all the same as before, i've even made the CPU Volts 1.25, my P5K did it in the 1.22s.

Are there any important settings that i'm missing?

It's mean that it couldn't post with the that bios setting.

Load optimized setting first, and Enable LLC (load line calibration).

After you done that, overclock your CPU step by step, just to test it out.

Methious

I've had two Giga boards recently that you change anything in BIOS and it does exactly the same thing you describe.

For instance just turning off the Floppy controller would cause that behavior. Any change in BIOS would save then shutdown restart, then restart twice and go back to default and run fine.

One was the same board your using and the other was an x58 board.

Sometimes unplugging and pulling the battery works but I had to do it like every other time I changed anything in BIOS so I RMA's the boards.

The techs at Giga that I know said it's not normal behavior and they needed to be replaced.

Turn off something minor and save and exit and see what happens. Then try the LLC setting and see if that helps. It didn't on my boards. The replacements worked fine but the version 1 boards I wasn't impressed so I sold those out and went to Asus again.

Hmm... I really did prefere the Asus for overclocking, and layout of the BIOS. I wondering if any UK person is willing to swap me an X38 or x16 P45 for my Gigabyte..