• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Flashing MB bios

The Rage

i had to put in my old gf mx440 card cuz my 9600pro died and pc wizard works but it does not recodnize my mb. i have been very worried that my mb is doing something funny and this prooves it even more. my games freeze up no matter wat i do, my cd drives dont recodnise disks some times, my drives arnt even recodnised also...so its either flash or wait till i have money and buy a new mb/proc..im going amd 64 3500+

here is the link to the dl, they have 3 newer ones out, i know i should flash the bios enless something serious is wrong and well...this is serious
http://www.soyogroup.com/downloads/...=&col1=Proc_Intel+Pentium+4&col2=238&col3=All

Last edited:

fr33ze

Have you tried a fresh install first, if that doesnt work then yeah try flashing the bios. IMO bios flashing has an uneseccary 'bad air' about it, i've flashed the bios on my board a good 20+ times now just playing around with different settings and comparing various bioses so i wouldn't worry to much about doing, just follow the instructions to the letter and run the system in standard configuration when you do it (no overclocking)

The Rage

yea i have reinstalled just at the beginning of the year, this started before then...didnt help anything, i got my new 6600GT today and i havnt had any crashes yet. im a littler errie about flashing.....i need to flash my 6600GT to get temp monitoring and it doesnt seem too hard, just it backed up and stuff and i have a UPS so even if the power goes out still run for a good 4 min..but i dunno

Last edited:

fr33ze

seriously so long as you follow the instructions carefully it should be fine, i havnt heard any stories of people having problems bios flashing for a long long time now.