• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help me because I suck at COD4

paulm

System Name Failbox
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2 w/ Stock Cooling
Motherboard Intel D975XBX2
Cooling Air
Memory Crucial Ballistix 4GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) EVGA 7900 GS
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB
Display(s) Chimei 22"
Case Enermax Chakra (upgrading)
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-520HX
Software Windows XP SP3
I've installed COD4 and started to play it... I'm up to the level "Hunted" on Veteran. I have a G36c and an MP5, and I'm at the part where I'm supposed to wait for Gaz to open the door to the basement of the house and go inside.

The problem I'm having is that I can't kill all of the enemies/get into the basement without being killed. First the military truck comes on the right side and a bunch of guys pile out of it, then the helicopter comes and drops another 10 or so guys, and then a gunner sits in the helicopter shooting the crap out of me. Once the door is opened, I get 3 or so grenades thrown to where I'm taking cover, and if I avoid them and just try to get from behind the tractor to the basement, I get killed along the way.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do or where to hide in order to survive this massacre?

Processor AMD FX 8320 @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 rev1
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 4 x 4GB DDR3 Ripjawz 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vapor-X AMD R9 280X
Storage 1 x 500GB Samsung Evo 850, 1 x 500GB Vrap Data Drive, 3 x 2TB Seagate, 1 x 1TB Samsung F1
Display(s) 3 x DGM IPS-2402WDH
Case Coolermaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 1000W Silent Pro M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
You can kill the guys coming off the helicopter before they hit the ground, if you take cover behind the tractor you can generally pick off the guys from the truck without much hassle. If you take them out early enough you won't get any grenades thrown at you.

paulm

System Name Failbox
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2 w/ Stock Cooling
Motherboard Intel D975XBX2
Cooling Air
Memory Crucial Ballistix 4GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) EVGA 7900 GS
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB
Display(s) Chimei 22"
Case Enermax Chakra (upgrading)
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-520HX
Software Windows XP SP3
You can kill the guys coming off the helicopter before they hit the ground, if you take cover behind the tractor you can generally pick off the guys from the truck without much hassle. If you take them out early enough you won't get any grenades thrown at you.

That's what I've been trying to do... The thing is, I can only kill 3-4 of the guys from the helicopter before they start shooting (can't see/hit all of them), and I don't have enough time to pick off the guys from the truck because the helicopter comes about 10-15 seconds after the truck and not all the guys get out of the truck at once :shadedshu...

Processor AMD FX 8320 @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 rev1
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 4 x 4GB DDR3 Ripjawz 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vapor-X AMD R9 280X
Storage 1 x 500GB Samsung Evo 850, 1 x 500GB Vrap Data Drive, 3 x 2TB Seagate, 1 x 1TB Samsung F1
Display(s) 3 x DGM IPS-2402WDH
Case Coolermaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 1000W Silent Pro M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
That's what I've been trying to do... The thing is, I can only kill 3-4 of the guys from the helicopter before they start shooting (can't see/hit all of them), and I don't have enough time to pick off the guys from the truck because the helicopter comes about 10-15 seconds after the truck and not all the guys get out of the truck at once :shadedshu...

You can generally ignore the truck, only pick off those that are really close, the helicopter is the biggest threat.