• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lian Li launches ARMORSUIT PC-P50 Gaming Mid Tower Chassis

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Lian-Li Industrial Co. Ltd has launched the ARMORSUIT SERIES PC-P50 Mid Tower chassis ideal for gaming systems. The hair-line brushed all aluminum chassis features advanced thermal dynamics, using one fan on the front (1x 120mm@1200RPM), plus dual vibration reduced top mounted fans (2x 140mm@1000RPM) and one rear 120mm@1500RPM extraction fan. The 8x PCI expansion slots enable CrossFireX and Tri-SLI graphic card setups. The chassis front face has 9x 5.25"ODD bays which have filters that are washable. The front panel clips off easily and conveniently. The entire chassis is designed for tool-less implementation, so installing your hardware and getting your syst em up and running is extremely quick and easy. The dimensions stand at 210x490x490mm (W, H, D). The top and front panels are clipped via special plastic kits which reduce metal on metal contact wear as well as prevent vibration.

Complete Tool-Less Design
The first of its kind unique Power Supply Bracket allows the PSU to be secured using only the tool-less clasp which is ideal to hold the PSU securely without the need for securing screws. The 9x ODD 5.25" bays have a patented mounting bar which secures your optical drives safely and securely. The PCI brackets made of solid aluminum have a special tool-less clip to secure your graphics and daughter cards with the utmost of ease. Similarly the HDD drives are secured in a tool-less bracket and mounted with rubber grommet struts to prevent movement and vibration from today's fast moving and highly specialized HDD components. The front panel and top panel are easily detachable for access to fans and air filters. The ARMORSUIT PC-P50 chassis is imbued with all the functional and user friendly design aspects users have co me to expect in a Lian Li case.

Thermal features
Lian Li engineers have optimized the airflow to enter from the front mounted fans, directly cooling the HDD's and ODD's and thereafter refreshing the CPU region. The hot air generated by the CPU and GPU is directly extracted via the rear 120mm Fan and the dual top mounted fans. Both top mounted fans have special vibration free kits, which allow for silent operation as well as easy and safe removal of the fans should you wish to do so. The volume of airflow is more than sufficient to keep your gaming rig cool and conveniently silent.

General features
The chassis supports 9x 5.25" Optical drive bays with one optional 1x 3.5" external and 4 additional internal 3.5" bays for HDD's in an anti-vibration movable cage. Each HDD has its own clip in bracket. The ARMORSUIT PC-P50 case is for Micro-ATX or ATX motherboards and has 8 PCI expansion slots, which are well ventilated with special vented brackets when not in use. The top panel is removable with the multimedia I/O ports on the top panel consisting of 2x USB2.0 as well as HD+AC97 Audio. The PSU has an advanced flame-retardant vent built into the bottom of the chassis. This uniquely designed vent prevents the possibility of heat and flames from exiting your case via the vent should something catastrophic like a short circuit occur to your PSU or other equipment inside.

Traditional Durability
The classical stylish functional design is the Lian Li goal. The essence of Lian Li products is the craftsmanship of the engineering. Intrinsic to the workmanship and quality is the customization which includes a whole host of optional extras that can be purchased to add more features to an already feature rich product.

For more details on features and extras available for the ARMORSUIT PC-P50 please go to the Lian Li website here.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

looks like my nzxt tempest, except a bit more ugly and 90s looking

as its a lian li it will probly be high quality

one thign i noticed is that the usb and buttons are not angled like the tempest they are straight which i dont like :(

decent case tho if i say so even if the badge and design looks 90s

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
Kieran you actually like the looks of NZXT cases? you worry me. was hoping they would have the usual flip cover for the front ports. I wonder if the top 140mm fans can be replaced with 120mm. this case has to be at least $250 :( thanks for this bta.

crtecha

System Name Coolin Runnings
Processor AMD X4 Phenom 9950 B.E. @ 3.3ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA790x-DS4 BIOS Ver. F6
Cooling CM Vortex 752
Memory apacer PC6400 800mhz x 2
Video Card(s) Two ATI Radeon 4850's in xfire
Storage Seagate 7200.9 320gig+250gigx2
Display(s) Acer P191w 19' wide
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Antec Power trio 550watts
Software Windows 7 x64 Build 7100
ehhh......... i bet it has awesome cable management ability.

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
it has that rubber clip at the bottom but I don't see much room behind the motherboard tray to route cables :(

crtecha

Cooling CM Vortex 752
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) onboard
From the pictures it looks like there is atleast as much room as my 900. I was more soo referring to the extra holes in the mobo tray. I like seeing that.

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
it looks like you have to take the right side panel off, route the cables so the headers fit, slide the right side panel back on. however some cables are really thick and it looks like you can only fit a cable a little thicker than a SATA. this clearance issue is probably because the panels are dual layer.

[begin Lian Li rant]
aluminum cases look nicer and weigh less most of us are not going to take a full tower to a LAN but thats all they don't transfer heat better than steel cases (unless were talking about heatsinks thats a different story) they also have higher acoustics than steel cases which is why Lian Li goes the extra mile with dual layer panels, anti-vibration grommets, brackets and clips. you didn't think they did it out of the kindness of their hearts?
[/end Lian Li rant]

can't wait to see the new Lancool lineup :)

Last edited:

crtecha

Cooling CM Vortex 752
Case Antec 900
Audio Device(s) onboard
Yeah I was looking for some pictures soo I could see it from a better angle. Ohh well.... there will be a new one tomorrow to pick on :roll:

Tool-Less Design, gah!

Stop with the tool-less designs on gaming cases! Antec had it right on the 900/1200, use the basic screws to mount everything. My biggest complaint with my P182 is the stupid tool-less rails makes it a challenge to mount anything in the 5.25" bays except for optical drives or items with a similar size/shape.

Otherwise, it looks like a decent case, but I'm sure Lian-Li will want $300 for it and it's certainly not twice as good as a 1200.

System Name Flow
Processor AMD Phenom II 955 BE
Motherboard MSI 790fx GD70
Cooling Water
Memory 8gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer Blue ddr3 1600 c8
Video Card(s) 2 x XFX 6850 - Yet to go under water.
Storage Corsair s128
Display(s) HP 24" 1920x1200
Case Custom Lian-Li V2110b
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1
Power Supply Corsair 850HX
Stop with the tool-less designs on gaming cases! Antec had it right on the 900/1200, use the basic screws to mount everything. My biggest complaint with my P182 is the stupid tool-less rails makes it a challenge to mount anything in the 5.25" bays except for optical drives or items with a similar size/shape.

Otherwise, it looks like a decent case, but I'm sure Lian-Li will want $300 for it and it's certainly not twice as good as a 1200.

uhhh no, this case will not be $300.... try like 200 tops at launch

about the tool-less, IDK if you have seen those PCI clips in action but they are the best designed tooless clips I have ever seen. overly robust and very snazzy looking

uhhh no, this case will not be $300.... try like 200 tops at launch

about the tool-less, IDK if you have seen those PCI clips in action but they are the best designed tooless clips I have ever seen. overly robust and very snazzy looking

The PCI clips are all right, but I'm talking more about the drive designs. For the sake of being able to mount anything in the drive bays (coolers, etc), having the standardized screw holes saves a lot of modding time. And yes, the $300 statement was an exaggeration, but it depends on where they drop it in their lineup. The ArmorSuit is $229, it'd be cool if this was less, but I won't be surprised if they launch it for more.

System Name Fishy's Computer
Processor Intel e8400 3.0 ghz
Motherboard Asus p5k-e
Cooling Air
Memory 4 gb Mushkin hp2
Video Card(s) XFX 9800GTX Artifact Edition
Storage 640 gig Western Digital, 200 gig Samsung
Display(s) LG W2242P
Case Cooler Master 690
Audio Device(s) Onboard ftw!
Power Supply Corsair hx 520
Software what ever i run.
Benchmark Scores none yet
looky looky some one took an idea from cooler master

Kieran you actually like the looks of NZXT cases? you worry me. was hoping they would have the usual flip cover for the front ports. I wonder if the top 140mm fans can be replaced with 120mm. this case has to be at least $250 :( thanks for this bta.

i wouldnt have the nzxt tempest if i didnt like it would i?

too many cases lol lots of nice choices coolermaster haf is nice but pricey

I always liked those Cooler master stacker 83x casings.They are my favorites.And antec too.

System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing
im made a chose for me , no mid case is gaming case

roofsniper

i have looked at every computer case there is many times. the only case i like is my nzxt alpha which i have modded. i like some other cases too but none of them i would consider buying. they all look nice but the features suck or they look bad but have good features. if you ask me from what i see here this looks like one nice case. sleek design, 2 top mounted 140 fans, 120 for intake and 120 for exhaust, bottom mount psu, wire management looks good, access to the back of the cpu area so you dont have to remove the motherboard for new heatsinks. then it looks like you can add more fans into the front if you buy the parts. it just all looks good. although i like all my cases to have windows on them i might still get this one and maybe add one later. id like to see a review on this thing. anyone got any more pics?