• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

(Useful Tool) AMD OC Calculator in Excel

X-TeNDeR

Processor AMD Athlon II X4 630 Propus C2 (2.8GHz) 95w
Motherboard Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 (AMD 890GX/SB850)
Cooling Scythe Yasya+MX-3, 3x140mm+1x120mm case fans
Memory Mushkin 2x2gb DDR3 1600MHz 6-8-6-24 1.65v
Video Card(s) Club3D Radeon HD 4850 512mb (Stock Fan+MX-3)
Storage WD 1TB SATA3 + WD MyBook 1TB ext+Toshiba 160gb ext
Display(s) LG W2486L '24 FHD Led 1920x1080
Case Lancool Dragonlord K62R1 (AMD Edition)
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX+Microlab X16 2.1+Senn 448 'Phones
Power Supply Seasonic M12II-620 80+ Bronze Modular
Software Micro$oft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
Hi guys,
I wanted to share with you this little tool i've made recently, which makes the majority of the OC math fast and simple.
We have all been in those moments infront of the BIOS, trying to find the sweet spot while calculating those multipliers and divisors, and finally getting lost with all those numbers, and to remember that good values set-up later, when the BIOS gets updated or reset... oh boy :rolleyes:

Well, with this small Spreadsheet, all the planning-and-plotting work is a breeze, and you can save those precious values for good within it. saved me ALOT of headaches, that's for sure :)

The calculator was tested with Microsoft Excel and OpenOffice.ORG Calc, for maximum compatibility. It supports ANY modern AMD system.

Features:
- Works for almost ANY AMD system, like K8 and K10 and more.
- DDR 1,2,3 support.
- 3 identical pages for use as different OC profiles (say 1 for max cpu freq and 2 for max bus, etc.).
- all values are convenient drop-down lists, with relevant values in each cell to select from.
- 2 main tables: 1 for stock values, 1 for overclock values, and finally a nice table that display the gain/loss in % and MHz, so you can estimate the overall benefit from your OC.

And more..

pic:

Download:
http://www.fileden.com/getfile.php?...2009/5/27/2457709/AMD_OC_Calc_By_X_TeNDeR.zip

I did this just for fun in my spare time, and after realizing how useful this may be to others, decided to share :toast:

Notice:
This tool is FREE for personal, non-commercial use and may be distributed freely, as long as you give credit to the original author. its provided as-is with no kind of warranty whatsoever. Overclock your system at your own risk, and i could not be held responsible for any damages that might happen. so if your system thinks its an Intel after the OC, don't come to me, ok? ;)

Enjoy and give Feedback! any mistakes or problems you might find, post here and i'll look into it. thanks.
(btw, for now there isn't an Intel version, but i am working on it. damn those confusing divisorz and system bus!)

Mike.

Last edited:
K

kyle2020

Theres a single flaw in your diabolical overclock - conquering plan . . .

We have all been in those moments infront of the BIOS, trying to find the sweet spot while calculating those multipliers and divisors, and finally getting lost with all those numbers, and to remember that good values set-up later, when the BIOS gets updated or reset... oh boy

If your in the bios, how are you meant to load up a spread sheet? ;)

I assume you mean do all your workings out then change settings?

Either way, pretty nifty tool for all the AMD users! :toast:

I want an Intel one :(

I always do this though, when i first started learning VB, i made little tool to calculate things. Like BitComet on shows to 99:99:99 hours, so i made a tool that show me higher. Simple, but thought me stuff.

Good tool mate. Need an Intel version now :D

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
I dont see how this is a "calculator" at all. It is nothing more than a "notepad" of your BIOS settings profile using Excel to tabulate three sets of different data. There is no comparison between the profiles, there is no "performance prediction", there is no "calculation" to estimate how DDR speeds vs. timings will impact performance, there is no link with CPU or RAM voltages about what are safe zones.

The "calculator" (at the moment) adds no value IMO.

Keep working on it! Make it do something useful. Have a huge database of results. Use these results to correlate and predict performance. Have a set of hazard levels for voltages etc.

I want an Intel one :(

I always do this though, when i first started learning VB, i made little tool to calculate things. Like BitComet on shows to 99:99:99 hours, so i made a tool that show me higher. Simple, but thought me stuff.

Good tool mate. Need an Intel version now :D

1./ There is no AMD-specific calculation in there, so it works equally well, or poorly, for intel

2./ There is no VB code

Really... might give it a go. And i never said this had VB code, i said i've done similar things with VB.

I think me need some Versions. And user feedback.

X-TeNDeR

Processor AMD Athlon II X4 630 Propus C2 (2.8GHz) 95w
Motherboard Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 (AMD 890GX/SB850)
Cooling Scythe Yasya+MX-3, 3x140mm+1x120mm case fans
Memory Mushkin 2x2gb DDR3 1600MHz 6-8-6-24 1.65v
Video Card(s) Club3D Radeon HD 4850 512mb (Stock Fan+MX-3)
Storage WD 1TB SATA3 + WD MyBook 1TB ext+Toshiba 160gb ext
Display(s) LG W2486L '24 FHD Led 1920x1080
Case Lancool Dragonlord K62R1 (AMD Edition)
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX+Microlab X16 2.1+Senn 448 'Phones
Power Supply Seasonic M12II-620 80+ Bronze Modular
Software Micro$oft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
I dont see how this is a "calculator" at all. It is nothing more than a "notepad" of your BIOS settings profile using Excel to tabulate three sets of different data. There is no comparison between the profiles, there is no "performance prediction", there is no "calculation" to estimate how DDR speeds vs. timings will impact performance, there is no link with CPU or RAM voltages about what are safe zones.

The "calculator" (at the moment) adds no value IMO.

Hi,
I've been expecting such comments, and they are good and valid, and i do intend to expand this tool with more features and tweaks. its a WIP. :)
The tool is simple, it won't predict your optimal timing, nor it will incorporate statistical values and OC database, because its too much for its purpose imo, its not an overclocking prophet, no.
IMO, at this stage its useful to OC newbies and casual overclockers. its not meant to be enthusiast minded, just a simple calc.

For the i'm-in-the-bios-wow-no-excel-here comment: yes, you use the calc to plan your settings before you start changing the values in BIOS, or you can use a second system and do it together. if you don't have a second rig to display the calc, use a pen and paper to write down the values, or even print the page and use it as reference, and voila.

Thanks for the feedback guys, i'm gonna work on it some more and update soon.

Last edited: