• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BFG Announces 100 Day Power Supply Trade Up Program

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
BFG Technologies, Inc., the leading North American and European supplier of advanced NVIDIA-based 3D graphics cards, power supplies, and the Phobos High-Performance Gaming/Home Theater System, announced today the BFG 100 Day Power Supply Trade Up Program. The program is designed to give BFG customers a one time opportunity to exchange their current BFG power supply within 100 days of the original date of purchase for an upgraded model and only pay the difference in price, plus applicable shipping and taxes.

The new Power Supply Trade Up Program continues BFG Technologies' trend of adding innovative features and value-added services to their product offerings. BFG was the first company to offer round-the-clock free technical support and a lifetime warranty on all of their graphics cards. The company was also the first to give consumers an increase in performance right out of the box with their OC line of factory overclocked graphics cards. In 2008, the company introduced the well-received BFG 100 Day Graphic Card Trade Up Program.

"The BFG Power Supply Trade Up Program is one more way we can provide our customers with valuable product enhancements and services that extend their technology investment," said John Malley, senior director of marketing for BFG Technologies. "Customers can confidently purchase a BFG power supply today knowing that their investment will be protected if newer power supplies are launched soon after. The BFG Power Supply Trade Up program will also provide customers an opportunity to upgrade to a model more suited to their performance needs-whether that is more wattage, better efficiency, a modular version, or a combination of these features."

The BFG Power Trade Up program applies to BFG power supplies purchased after June 1, 2009. While the program is currently only available to U.S. and Canadian customers, BFG will offer the program in other countries as becomes feasible to do so. Certain terms and conditions apply. For more information about the BFG Power Supply Trade Up program, visit this page.

Special Limited Time Offer
The new program will normally only apply to BFG power supplies purchased on or after June 1, 2009. However, until June 12, 2009, BFG Technologies is allowing customers to trade in their currently eligible and working BFG power supply for an upgraded model, providing the customer purchased the unit on or after January 1, 2009 and can provide proof of purchase. See this page for details.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
what the hell??? this doesnt make sense. isnt it your responsibility to make sure that your PSU has enough juice to power whatever you want it to when u buy it?? a bit of a waste of time IMHO

"OH i want to step up because I bought this psu to power a Nvidia MX440 but now ive gone 4870x2 crossfire"

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
A lot can change in 100 days.

Couple refurbed 9800GTX+'s at a price the Folders here couldn't turn down. Case change, change to modular setup, etc.

Not so much for me personally, though. I'd rather keep my previous PSU to pass off to another system, build another machine around it, etc.

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I agree Jizzler then again if you are like the majority, new sparkly shiny things are a must to get.

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I agree Jizzler then again if you are like the majority, new sparkly shiny things are a must to get.

but with a PSU its a long term investment - if not then it is advised to. (Ive had my Antec truepower 850ww Quattro 2 years & Ive only just started pushing it with crossfire) PSUs arent cheap & its one of them items that if u can get away with salvaging it from an older rig - it could save you £90-100. you dont buy a PSU that does the job 'now' you buy a PSU that will do the job now & for the next 1-2 years at least.

& about shiny things?? how often does PSU technology take a leap?? very little changes. they might have high quality caps & other internal components but to my knowledge their just the same.

My $2

gr8golf

what the hell??? this doesnt make sense. isnt it your responsibility to make sure that your PSU has enough juice to power whatever you want it to when u buy it?? a bit of a waste of time IMHO

"OH i want to step up because I bought this psu to power a Nvidia MX440 but now ive gone 4870x2 crossfire"

Buyers remorse? I may step up my ES-800 to a modular PSU.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Buyers remorse? I may step up my ES-800 to a modular PSU.

buyers remorse?
the only people who will benefit most of this scheme are people are the same type of people that go into places like PCworld (Best buy?) & John Lewis & buy pre-built machines with the aid of useless assistants that will claim any random low/mid end machine is 'extreme' grade just to get a sale - those people who arent too computer savy that buy a new PSU without knowing that they really need & step it up rather then go for a refund. but I doubt even they would know about the step up program unless one of their more techheaded friends told them about it.

I'm not seeing it the way you guys are seeing it at all....

A lot changes in the graphics card realm in 100 days. New cards come out, prices on "older" cards drop.

Say you bought one card almost 100 days ago and the prices drop to a point where you can now afford to buy a second. Say you only have a 550W power supply. Now you can trade up to a 1000W or a 1200W.

Also, this coincides with graphics card trade up programs. Say you have a 450W PSU and a graphics card that only needs that much power. But now you're thinking about using a trade-up program to upgrade the graphics card to something that the 450W power supply can't handle. No problem! Upgrade the PSU as well. Trade in the 450W and only pay the difference.