• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Case Advice

System Name βluė Ģraŋđēuŕ
Processor Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.6 GHz
Motherboard MSI P67A-GD55 (B3)
Cooling Thermalright Venomous X w/ 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15's
Memory Mushkin Blackline 2x4 GB (8 GB) DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24-1T 1.35V
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 770 Lightning
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD + Western Digital WD6401AALS 640GB + 2x Samsung F4 HD204UI 2TB
Display(s) ASUS VE258Q 25" LED
Case Silverstone TJ04-E w/ Window
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Windows 7 Professional x64
Well, I've about had it with my Thermaltake Armor. Done about all I care to do with it without taking a dremel to it or a variety of other tools to hack away at my computer with. I'd taken the top plastic trim off the top of the case, and replaced the 92mm fan with a ghetto rigged 120mm fan. Changed out the other 92mm fan for one of my old high RPM/high CFM 80mm fans. Added a second hard drive cage w/ 120mm fan. Replaced the rear 120mm fan with a Thermaltake A2018, added cold cathodes, and done the very best I could cable management wise.

pics (nothing special):

::click to enlarge::

Therefore, I'm looking at a new case if I can find one to suite my needs. I have been going back and forth between many options over the past few weeks, looking at reviews and videos of various cases, yet I still can't decide on a specific one (maybe people with personal experience on some of the cases could help?). At first I looked at the HAF 932, but I don't like the fact that it is larger than my TT Armor, and weights about the same. The weight is part of the reason I want to get rid of the Armor. Also, I don't like the fact that it's got 2 PSU spots (which looks ugly to me), and that the cpu cooler would be in the mid of the case instead of the top, allowing the top fan(s) to help suck out the hot air from the CPU cooler better. I then looked closer at the HAF 922, which is closer to the size/weight that I would like (I wouldn't mine something slightly larger), but I don't like that the side panel barely shows off any of the insides. I would like to see CM's version of it with the clear side panel come in stock in America, but even then that is a small window and also takes away from airflow from the side, either via the honeycomb vents or if you add fans to it. After that I got looking at the Thermaltake Speedo (non-Advanced version). The issue with the Speedo is one again the side panel, and I don't like the overall look of the case. The forth option would be to buy my brothers old Antec 900 that he has laying around, but there are no cable management holes on a 900 as the majority of you should know, and I don't feel like going through that hassle again, especially on a mid-tower. Any options/opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated, whether it being that I am expecting too much out of the case, being too picky, what a better case would be, etc. etc. Picking a case seems to always be the hardest part for me, and the only part of my computer I'll ever ask for help with.

What I'm looking for:

- Something under $170 (must)
- Cable management holes (would be nice, and a must on a mid-tower)
- Good/Great airflow (must)
- Easy/Tool-less HDD install (not a must, but would be nice)
- Black case

Thanks in advance.

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
coolermaster CM690?

Processor Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0GHz
Motherboard Asus P5B
Cooling Antec Kuhler H20 620
Memory Corsair TwinX 2x2GB
Video Card(s) Asus EAH 4850 512mb DDR3
Storage 3x Maxtor 160GB 7,200RPM
Display(s) 32" LG
Case Cooler Master HAF 932
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Siberia external Soundcard
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Software Windows 8 Pro x64
The Antec 900 Two might be worth looking at. Its a mid tower, black interior and got cable management holes. I have never owned one, but the Antec 900 seems to be liked by the public so I'm sure this should also fair well in that department.

System Name The Lizard v2.4
Processor Intel Celeron G1840 (for the time being
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H81-S2PH
Cooling Intel Stock Fan
Memory 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GTX 750Ti (For the time being)
Storage 500GB Samsung F1, 160GB Maxtor "Older than god"
Display(s) AOC 28' LCD
Case Coolermaster N200
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec VP500P
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores No crashes in the last 24 minutes.