• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

realtek sound on asus p5wd2

swinemulefoot

Can anyone tell me how to get BF2 to sound normal with realtek? I just got an ASUS P5WD2 MB and its one of the installs on the cd.
I can barely here my squad when playing, and the game sounds horrible. Ive played with the equalizer, mixer etc.. Still can't find a decent game play setting. Any ideas. I do not want to be a DJ to play.

Azn Tr14dZ

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Motherboard DFI LanParty nf4 Ultra-D
Cooling Thermaltake Big Typhoon
Memory 2x512MB GeIL
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon X800XL
Storage 2x80GB Western Digital
Display(s) HP vs17
Case SuperTalent
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster
Power Supply Ultra X-Finity 500 Watt
Try installing drivers from Realtek's website.

swinemulefoot

ok thanks, i will try.

Also this is Realtek ALC882 AUDIO CODEC.

Last edited by a moderator:

ktr

bf2 actually benefits from apu...

i got a major boost of fps from putting an audigy in my system...i bet it will do much more with the x-fi cards.

swinemulefoot

The sound definetly has a big boost to it, I just can't get it to sound good. I can hear artillary, jeeps,etcc that are not even around me.

swinemulefoot

I have fixed the sound problem i was having by intalling the drivers for XP PRO, now i can't get my mic to work in game(BF2). It will here me if i yell into it, also i can't enable the mic boost under audio settings in BF2, I think thats my problem.
The REALTEK is at original settings, i have not made one adjustment. Any ideas.

D

Deleted member 24505

i have the same board and had the same problem with the mic,i ended up getting a audigy 4.sorry i cant help m8,i would suggest getting a hw soundcard.