• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Raises the Performance Bar With Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Memory GSkill 8GB Dual Channel DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) MSI GamingX RX580 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD + WD Green 2TB
Display(s) ACER K212HL 27" + Haier 55" + Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset
Case Enermax Ostrog (Red)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA B2 750W
Software Win10 64bit
It can, but your mobo manufacturer doesn't give a shit about your mobo, and didn't release new bios with phenom support.

Not true, lots of am2 & am2+ motherboards don't support both 125 & 140 watt cpu's because they can't handle the power.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
depends on whether you are gaming or crunching though.

No it doesn't, performance per watt is all that matters regardless of what you are doing. Clock Cycles per watt means nothing unless the processor perform the same clock for clock.

Actually, after 5 min of looking at benchmarks it would seem that the 965 is a better processor for gaming than i7 920,

so if the 920 is drastically outpreforming the 965 why dose the 965 score better fps in most games?

I'm guess you don't know what the word "respectively" means. I'll rephrase it to make it more clear:

When both the 920 and 965 are clocked at the same speed of 3.4GHz, the 920 drastically outperforms the 965.

It still matters in the end as i7's OC to very high numbers. So you will need a beefier PSU to be running that i7 at 4.2ghz.

PII's just came out less than 8 months ago. They are good chips, what they are missing is HT, and I don't know if they will ever have it as I think it's now copyrighted, so can't really ask for much more.

What does that have to do with anything? How much power the processor uses at its max overclock doesn't matter here, that isn't what the discussion is about.

And while the Phenom IIs are definitely a good thing, I wouldn't call them great. Great would be able to match Intel. They've managed to match Intels previous generation, but not the current. The i7 is just a step higher, which is why the prices are still pretty outragous. There is a lot more to ask for: A chip that can compete with Intel's high-end would be nice for one... Something that doesn't take 3.4GHz to match the competitions 2.6GHz would also be nice. The Phenom II will probably never be able to compete with the high end i7's, 3.4GHz is pushing the limits of the architecture, we might see one at 3.6GHz released but that will definitely be pushing the limits. Something has to be done to allow AMD to continue to compete against Intel's high end, and Phenom II ain't it. Right now, I see AMD as being in the same position Intel was with the netburst processors. It is taking very high clock speeds to match the competition's relatively low clock speeds.

I think the thing to also remember is that AMD users havent had to update there Mobos for the last 3 years!! I got mine 2 years ago for my athlon 6400+ and and still put the latest Phenom into it :) Instantly saving $200-$400 NZ dollers:pimp:

Not accurate for several reasons:

1.) There are a lot, and I mean a lot, of early AM2 boards where the manufacturer simply didn't release the updates required to support Phenoms, so those users are force to change motherboards.
2.) The P965 chipset was released at amost the same time as the first AM2 boards, maybe even slightly earlier, and people with those boards have enjoys support for all the 775 processors ever released, all the way up to the 45nm quads. The i7 marks the first need to upgrade a 775 in more than 3 years. So the same argument can be made for Intel's side also. And really, with the Phenom II's only matching the 45nm 775 quads in performance, I think it is fair to compare the two. Anyone that wants more is going to have to go with i7 either way, and a new motherboard.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V Evo
Cooling Xigmatek HDT S1283
Memory 4GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3
Video Card(s) GigaByte Radeon HD3870 512MB GDDR4
Storage WD Caviar Black 640GB, Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 250GB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster F2380M
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy ES 5.1
Power Supply Corsair VX550
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64
Not true, lots of am2 & am2+ motherboards don't support both 125 & 140 watt cpu's because they can't handle the power.

There are a lots of low power phenoms out there. 95w, 65w, 45w. Not every phenoms (and new athlons) have 125 and 140w tdp's.

Anyway lot of am2 boards can handle processors up to 125w because there were athlon x2's with 125w tdp.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Memory GSkill 8GB Dual Channel DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) MSI GamingX RX580 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD + WD Green 2TB
Display(s) ACER K212HL 27" + Haier 55" + Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset
Case Enermax Ostrog (Red)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA B2 750W
Software Win10 64bit
There are a lots of low power phenoms out there. 95w, 65w, 45w. Not every phenoms (and new athlons) have 125 and 140w tdp's.

Anyway lot of am2 boards can handle processors up to 125w because there were athlon x2's with 125w tdp.

Sorry, from your earlier post I was led to believe you meant all the phenoms not just the lower power ones.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V Evo
Cooling Xigmatek HDT S1283
Memory 4GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3
Video Card(s) GigaByte Radeon HD3870 512MB GDDR4
Storage WD Caviar Black 640GB, Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 250GB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster F2380M
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy ES 5.1
Power Supply Corsair VX550
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64
System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Memory 40gb of DDR 4 2700
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon 500
Storage Fusion Drive 1 TB
Display(s) 27 Inch IMac late 2017
Not always true. My AM2 board can't take any phenoms at all.

Your statement in your case maybe true but it is far from the norm. Most budget AMD systems from the last three years can use current chips.. That cannot be said for intel, example, my friends computer I built is coming up on it's 3 years anniversary and it can take 83+ AMD CPU's, all the way to the current Phenoms .

Also clock speed comparisons is none sense what does it matter what speed it is compared to another chip. If the chips are made differently they are going to be clocked differently. If intel wants to show that it can blow AMD away they need to up their CPU speeds and increase their yields. Because other than the 10 percent of us overclockers the general population will look at stock performance(bang for the buck) and right now purely on stock performance AMD is a better option as a upgrade and a cheaper option for a new build, and at stock it is very similar in performance to all the intel chips. If you are a performance enthusiast Intel is your route, but it is by no means blowing AMD away or truly outperforming it. The best deal out are the AMD 940's with cheap motherboards, good on board video and cheap DDR2.

Last edited:

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Your statement in your case maybe true but it is far from the norm. Most budget AMD systems from the last three years can use current chips.. That cannot be said for intel, example, my friends computer I built is coming up on it's 3 years anniversary and it can take 83+ AMD CPU's, all the way to the current Phenoms .

I find this very inaccurate, as the budget AMD systems are generally the one that lack BIOS updates to support the new processors. Companies don't want to put money into developing a new BIOS for cheap boards that they make little money on. And the pre-built machines the general population are buying are even less likely to have BIOS updates.

And as I've already stated, the same argument can be made for the Intel side, if the user put some thought into the purchase in the first place. My budget P5B, which I believe I paid $100 new a week or two after it was released in 2006, works with every desktop 775 processor in existance, from the 90nm Celeron Ds all the way up to the 45nm Core 2 Quads.

Also clock speed comparisons is none sense what does it matter what speed it is compared to another chip. If the chips are made differently they are going to be clocked differently. If intel wants to show that it can blow AMD away they need to up their CPU speeds and increase their yields. Because other than the 10 percent of us overclockers the general population will look at stock performance and right now purely on stock performance AMD is a better option as a upgrade and a cheaper option for a new build, and at stock it is very similar in performance to all the intel chips. If you are a performance enthusiast Intel is your route, but it is by no means blowing AMD away or truly outperforming it.

The i7s definitely are better stock for stock, no doubt about that. Does it matter to the average consumer? No. The average consumer is still buying 775 hardware because it is cheaper, and the 775 hardware still competes pretty well stock for stock with AMDs offerings.

The average consumer also never upgrades their processor either, so the argument about the longevity of AM2 is pretty moot if you want to talk about the general popularion.

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
I find this very inaccurate, as the budget AMD systems are generally the one that lack BIOS updates to support the new processors. Companies don't want to put money into developing a new BIOS for cheap boards that they make little money on. And the pre-built machines the general population are buying are even less likely to have BIOS updates.

And as I've already stated, the same argument can be made for the Intel side, if the user put some thought into the purchase in the first place. My budget P5B, which I believe I paid $100 new a week or two after it was released in 2006, works with every desktop 775 processor in existance, from the 90nm Celeron Ds all the way up to the 45nm Core 2 Quads.

The i7s definitely are better stock for stock, no doubt about that. Does it matter to the average consumer? No. The average consumer is still buying 775 hardware because it is cheaper, and the 775 hardware still competes pretty well stock for stock with AMDs offerings.

The average consumer also never upgrades their processor either, so the argument about the longevity of AM2 is pretty moot if you want to talk about the general popularion.

Sorry I don't agree, when all the components are factored I can build a AMD system for alot less and it will perform just about the same as any Intel system out. Also if your saying Asus, Gigabyte and Foxcon don't update their bios on older motherboards that's just flat out not true and those three companies make up about 70 percent of all motherboard sales world wide. Also in the real world the performance difference is not at all big, stock clock for stock clock. I have owned both systems with top end components and if you didn't tell me which one was in my computer, example a 945 DDR3 /940 DDR2 or a 920 DDr3 / QX9650 DDr2 I could not tell you what was powering my system. Now overclocked I would see some difference but even that's not giant in the real world. In a benchmark you would but not in the real world. In this case your GPU is more important. Why intel doesn't keep a socket compatible with a new cpu drives me crazy and why they don't sell cpus at or near their max potential for a reasonable price also drives me nutts. Can intel blow AMDs door off the answer is yes? Why they continue to FXXK people with their prices and let AMD hang in there I cannot tell you. The only thing I can come up with is if intel releases a I7 at 3.8ghz(stock clock) and prices it at 200.00 AMD might not exist causing a monopoly and the EU might ban them. However, as situation currently stands AMD is cheaper and the better bang for the buck.

I've used theses systems and maybe it just me but my last 4 upgrades (CPU/Ram/ Motherboard were a waste of money) My 295 gtx on the other hand is a beast and the only better option money wise was the 300.00 (new) 4870x2 mwave was selling.

Last edited:

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Sorry I don't agree, when all the components are factored I can build a AMD system for alot less and it will perform just about the same as any Intel system out.

Ok, build your system and lets compare. Not that it matters, you want to make arguments about the general population, but the general popular doesn't build their own machines...

Also if your saying Asus, Gigabyte and Foxcon don't update their bios on older motherboards that's just flat out not true and those three companies make up about 70 percent of all motherboard sales world wide.

Yes, mostly because of OEM systems, and it is up to the OEMs to make the BIOS updates, not ASUS, Gigabyte, or Foxcon.

Also in the real world the performance difference is not at all big, stock clock for stock clock. I have owned both systems with top end components and if you didn't tell me which one was in my computer, example a 945 DDR3 /940 DDR2 or a 920 DDr3 / QX9650 DDr2 I could not tell you what was powering my system. Now overclocked I would see some difference but even that's not giant in the real world. In a benchmark you would but not in the real world. In this case your GPU is more important.

This I agree with, and have said numerous times. It is exactly the reason I am not upgrading my 775 platform to i7, the price simply doesn't justify the next to 0 performance increase I would see. I'm instead focusing on getting my AMD rig up to snuff, mainly in the processor department, as I know I will see a very nice performance boost going from the 4200+ to a Phenom II Quad-core.

Why intel doesn't keep a socket compatible with a new cpu drives me crazy

Given all the new things introduced in the i7/i5 processors I can understand the need for a new socket. It was the transition from DDR to DDR2 requiring a new socket that baffled me...by hey at least they got it right when they moved to DDR3. The fact is though, sockets don't last for ever, 3 years is a good run IMO. Intel needed to move to a new socket to grow. What is driving me crazy is the move to two sockets...that is stupid!

and why they don't sell cpus at or near their max potential for a reasonable price also drives me nutts.

The reason for this is obvious, they don't have to. Without competition prices get insane. The processors they have to keep cheap, they do, the ones that have no competition they charge out the ass for. AMD did the same thing when Intel couldn't compete. The Athlon FX line was outragously priced because the Pentium 4/Ds simply couldn't compete. Asking anyone that paid $1000+ for an FX-60, they will tell you AMD will jack the prices up just as quick as Intel when they can.

Can intel blow AMDs door off the answer is yes? Why they continue to FXXK people with their prices and let AMD hang in there I cannot tell you. The only thing I can come up with is if intel release a I7 at 3.8ghz(stock clock) and priced it at 200.00 AMD might not exist causing a monopoly and the EU might ban them. however as thing currently stand AMD is cheaper.

The reason is that high end CPU sales account for maybe 10% of their total sales, the other 90% going to the mid and low end. AMD is able to compete in these sectors, so Intel has to keep the prices low in those sectors. They could release a 3.8GHz i7 and completely destroy AMD, of course AMD would just drop the price on the 965 to $10 and steal all the sales from Intel. However, doing so would cause both to not make a profit, and they would have to do it for such a large amount of time. Not making a profit gets investors pissed off, not making a profit for long enough time makes investors leave...

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Doesnt intel have a quad core with a base clock faster than this? Looks like my waiting is paying off, Id love to see a TPU review of this chip if at all possible.

troyrae360

System Name My Computer!
Processor AMD 6400+ Black @ 3.5
Motherboard Gigabyte AM2+ GA-MA790X DS4
Cooling Gigabyte G-Power 2 pro
Memory 2x2 gig Adata 800
Video Card(s) HD3870x2 @ 900gpu and 999mem
Storage 2x wd raid edition 120gig + 1 samsung 320 + samsung 250
Display(s) Samsung 40inch series6 full HD 1080p
Case NZXT Lexa
Audio Device(s) ALC889A HD audio with Enables a Superior Audio Experience (on board)
Power Supply Vantec ION2+ 550w
Software Vista Home pream 64

Not better at Gaming, You should check the current benchmarks, Most games a pulling higher FPS with the 965.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Doesnt intel have a quad core with a base clock faster than this? Looks like my waiting is paying off, Id love to see a TPU review of this chip if at all possible.

I don't believe so, the i7 975 is 3.33GHz. I think the highest clocked Core 2 Quad(or rather socket 775 Xeon) was 3.16GHz

Not Better at Gaming, obivousley you havent seen the benchmarks out there, most game are pulling higher FPS with 965.

Really, show me. I want to see the benchmarks showing the 965 beating an i7 975 stock for stock, how about even a i7 965, can it even beat a i7 940?

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Newtekie1 you do realize all the I7 costs the same amount to produce and the real company jacking the price is intel and by upping the core speed and dropping the prices on AMD they would put AMD out of business. They would still make money with shear volume and even at 200.00 (not much less than a I7 920) a I7 at 3.8 ghz would be untouchable by AMD. The cost to develop that chips is nothing just change the multiplier. You would be very hard presses to find a I7 D0 that is incapable of running at 3.8ghz and with all the voltage and temperature controls enabled the chip would run great. Intel would love to run AMD out so it would be like the early 90's. Don't think they wouldn't if they thought they could get away with it. I for one don't ever want AMD gone, but if you think intel doesn't your crazy.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Newtekie1 you do realize all the I7 costs the same amount to produce and the real company jacking the price is intel and by upping the core speed and dropping the prices on AMD they would put AMD out of business. They would still make money with shear volume and even at 200.00 (not much less than a I7 920) a I7 at 3.8 ghz would be untouchable by AMD. The cost to develop that chips is nothing just change the multiplier. You would be very hard presses to find a I7 D0 that is incapable of running at 3.8ghz and with all the voltage and temperature controls enabled the chip would run great. Intel would love to run AMD out so it would be like the early 90's. Don't think they wouldn't if they thought they could get away with it. I for one don't ever want AMD gone, but if you think intel doesn't your crazy.

Of course they all cost the same, however Intel relies on the high profit margin models to recoup the huge costs of engineering the chip in the first place.

And a 3.8GHz i7 isn't likely with the stock cooler, something else Intel has to engineer, or licence from another company...more cuts to profit margin...

If you think AMD doesn't want Intel gone just as much as Intel wants AMD gone, you're the crazy one.

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Of course they all cost the same, however Intel relies on the high profit margin models to recoup the huge costs of engineering the chip in the first place.

And a 3.8GHz i7 isn't likely with the stock cooler, something else Intel has to engineer, or licence from another company...more cuts to profit margin...

If you think AMD doesn't want Intel gone just as much as Intel wants AMD gone, you're the crazy one.

I would like to fart gold but that's about as likely as AMD putting Intel out of business :D

However, Intel almost put AMD down last year, at least in the cpu market.

Last edited:

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
I would like to fart gold but that's about as likely as AMD putting Intel out of business :D

However, Intel almost put AMD down last year, at least in the cpu market.

I didn't say it was likely, I just said AMD wants it just as much...

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
All I have to say is great job AMD keep it up!!!!!!!

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Last edited:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
Lol low end laptops is hardly anything to shake a stick at.

Heres something for you guys to chew at.

Phenom II is busting through all records with Dragon setups. I dont see Intel doing this.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Your correct but the 3870 and the Phenom X4 also played a big part in AMDs trouble. The 4870 and Phenom II x4 saved their butts
They aren't saved yet. FYI, graphics cards bring in far less money than processors. Graphic cards can't make or break AMD but their processors (multiple delays on Phenom and lackluster performance when it launched) and corporate decisions (buying out ATI when funds are already almost gone) can.

No the fact they have nothing in the market for low end laptops is what has been hurting them.
Yeah, not having much in the laptop segment is hurting as well. At the same time, I think they don't have the money to really develop two separate lines of processors to cater to each segment though. They really have to focus on one segment and try to beat Intel at their own game. Only then can they really ponder breaking into another segment but doing so risks losing their edge on the fronts they control.

Phenom II is busting through all records with Dragon setups. I dont see Intel doing this.
Larrabee...

troyrae360

System Name My Computer!
Processor AMD 6400+ Black @ 3.5
Motherboard Gigabyte AM2+ GA-MA790X DS4
Cooling Gigabyte G-Power 2 pro
Memory 2x2 gig Adata 800
Video Card(s) HD3870x2 @ 900gpu and 999mem
Storage 2x wd raid edition 120gig + 1 samsung 320 + samsung 250
Display(s) Samsung 40inch series6 full HD 1080p
Case NZXT Lexa
Audio Device(s) ALC889A HD audio with Enables a Superior Audio Experience (on board)
Power Supply Vantec ION2+ 550w
Software Vista Home pream 64
Lol low end laptops is hardly anything to shake a stick at.

Heres something for you guys to chew at.

Sounds interesting, can you elaborate?

System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
Dosent mean squat right now lol. It isnt out.

I personally watched AMD top the 06 world record in front of me and the chip sat at 6.8 with K|ngp|n behind the wheel. Overclocking is where im at and who sits behind the record.

AMDs plan is to target gamers who want good performance for a cheap price. Even though i sit behind Nvidia cards i dont think ATI/AMD are doing a bad job. This information btw, coming from the horses mouth.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Last edited: