• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Launches WingRS 301 Mid-Tower

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Thermaltake, leading DIY chassis brand, introduces the newest mid-tower PC case for people on the move. The WingRS 301 is portable and affordable but at the same time still sports all the essentials one expects from Thermaltake: quality, tool-free design, easy accessibility and optimized ventilation. With its reinforced top handle you can easily transport this 5.1 KG case and dimensions of 491 (D) x 170 (W) x 420 (H) mm allow for convenient storage in your car, the bus or train, and some airlines might even allow it as carry-on baggage. If you are looking for a portable PC case solution in order to carry your precious gaming machine to tournaments, or you every so often travel e.g. from home to university the Tt WingRS 301 is the ideal solution.

Built for ATX and MicroATX motherboards the WingRS 301 offers sufficient room for high-end graphics cards and provides 9 tool-free drive bays for maximum expandability with four 5 1/4" and five 3 1/2" bays. Seven I/O expansion slots give you enough freedom to upgrade your system with add-on cards. A large 120 mm rear exhaust TurboFan makes sure your machine stays cooled even under high load.

The black finish lends the WingRS 301 its distinct character and at the same time fits to most modern interiors. And the front mesh grill doesn't just look cool but, above all, provides for improved ventilation. If needed you can even install an additional front fan. Two USB connectors and HD Audio MIC and Speaker connectors in the front give you most convenient access.

The WingRS 301 mid-tower chassis will be available at a suggested retail price of US$ 49.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name HTPC||Lenovo IBM ThinkPad
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 965 stock 3.4GHz||Intel C2D T9300 @ 2.5GHz
Motherboard Zotac 890GX-ITX WiFi||Lenovo 8918CTO
Cooling Stock 3x 120's||Stock stuff
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 6-6-6-15||3GB DDR2
Video Card(s) Asus 3870x2||nVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1x 2TB WD EARX ||Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM
Display(s) Samsung T260HD||
Case SilverStone Grandia GD05||
Audio Device(s) on-board||on-board
Power Supply Cooler Master 450W||6-cell
Software Windows 7 Pro x64||Windows 7 Pro x64/Linux Mint x64
A couple mods here and there and you got yourself a sweet looking case.

Icejon

That top plastic handle is a joke. Why would they advertise carrying it on a plane? Imagine explaining to TSA why you have a silly Thermaltake WingRS?:nutkick:

D

Deleted member 24505

Handles on cases always look a bit crap to me,if i wanted a handle,i'd mod it into a suitcase.

K

kyle2020

That top plastic handle is a joke. Why would they advertise carrying it on a plane? Imagine explaining to TSA why you have a silly Thermaltake WingRS?:nutkick:

Its to make it LAN friendly, duh :rolleyes:

i bought this case (the older version with no handle) back in december for a build from spare parts i had lying around. i picked it up for $50. its a pretty crappy case. side panels and thin and flex too easily, the metal inside the case can cut you pretty good if you arent careful, etc.

for $50 its not bad. but if Tt charges over $50 because of the fancy new handle, thats just stupid imo.

KH0UJ

System Name Air Cooled Gaming / Shop PC
Processor AMD Athlon II X2 Regor 250
Motherboard Asus M4A78 plus
Cooling Air Cooled (Upward Airflow)
Memory Corsair Dominator PC-8500 2GB 1066 MHZ
Video Card(s) Palit GTS 250 E-Green
Storage Hitachi Deskstar 160 GB
Display(s) Samsung EX2020 20 inch LED
Case Wooden Case Painted and Modified
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 8 Channel (Onboard)
Power Supply Orion HP 585D X2 Dual Modified PSU (585W+585W)
Software Windows XP SP3 / Windows 7 32 bit
This case is great for travelling, top handle made it easy to carry LOL