• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries Introduces Limited Edition Aion Zboard Keyset, QcK Aion Asmodian Mousepad

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
SteelSeries, a leading manufacturer of game peripherals and accessories, introduced today the new SteelSeries Zboard Limited Edition Aion Keyset and SteelSeries QcK Limited Edition Aion Asmodian Mousepad. Co-designed with NCsoft Corporation, Aion's publisher and developer, the limited edition gear provides customized functionality and original artwork from the game that allows players to battle and quest with ease into Aion's breathtaking world of Atreia.

Aion, the most anticipated MMO of 2009, is a visually stunning massively multiplayer online RPG where players fight in an epic celestial war between twin races of winged beings. Aion has received numerous international industry awards and will be available in stores this September in North America, Europe and Australia.

"The popularity of Aion internationally was so impressive that when the opportunity arose to partner with NCsoft to create branded products for the release of Aion in several of the largest western territories, we were thrilled," said Bruce Hawver, CEO of SteelSeries. "The limited edition gear is designed for Aion players to customize their experience and help improve their game."

The SteelSeries Zboard Limited Edition Aion Keyset will offer the full breadth of in-game commands on color-coded keys across the board. The keyset also provides players with:
  • Dedicated action keys, menus, and chat commands that are labeled across 69 keys
  • Full customization of each key through the SteelSeries Z Engine
  • Quick-access emote keys for greeting, intimidating, or taunting your opponents
The SteelSeries QcK Limited Edition Aion Asmodian Mousepad features a high -quality cloth material that provides a precise, consistent glide and a specially designed non-slip rubber base, which prevents the pads from sliding on any surface. The SteelSeries QcK Mousepads have been thoroughly researched, designed and tested by professional players.

"SteelSeries has a reputation for designing high quality products that resonate with gamers. NCsoft believes that SteelSeries creates great gear that visually represents Aion and provides excellent tools for our players to have a great gaming experience," said Chris Lee, Senior Global Brand Director for NCsoft in charge of Aion.

The SteelSeries Zboard Limited Edition Aion Keyset and SteelSeries Limited Edition QcK Aion Asmodian Mousepad will retail for $19.99 USD and $14.99USD.

Products are now available for pre-sale at Game Stop and Amazon.com.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
shame the games £35 RRP (as stated on the NCsoft website - I know you can get it for Under £30 at a lot of other places) then they charge you around £10 a month to play the bloody game. as much as i was looking forward to playing the game - I wont be joining in the fun

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
shame the games £35 RRP (as stated on the NCsoft website - I know you can get it for Under £30 at a lot of other places) then they charge you around £10 a month to play the bloody game. as much as i was looking forward to playing the game - I wont be joining in the fun

you dont believe in paying a monthly fee for updated content and support?

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
strongly against it. - If the fee was lower however thats a different story. If it was something like £5 a month then cool. its only there to make money & it does a good job of it too.

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
strongly against it. - If the fee was lower however thats a different story. If it was something like £5 a month then cool. its only there to make money & it does a good job of it too.

I am amazed by this point of view. that isnt much money for unlimited entertainment per month with the exception of downtime for server maintenance

I spend 15 dollars on 2 shots in my first minute at a club or 2-3 beers over 30 minutes

People that rent movies pay that much for a couple movies for what... 4-6 hours?

araditus

I am amazed by this point of view. that isnt much money for unlimited entertainment per month with the exception of downtime for server maintenance

I spend 15 dollars on 2 shots in my first minute at a club or 2-3 beers over 30 minutes

People that rent movies pay that much for a couple movies for what... 4-6 hours?

^^^You win^^^^

You have to remember that money pays the salaries of the development staff that styays with the game till it goes offline, the entire time they are reading user feedback and creating new content, this isnt like Madden 2010 when you have a dev team make a game, then move to the next project... these types of games are on going projects.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
you dont believe in paying a monthly fee for updated content and support?

No, I don't either. If by updated content, you mean new content, I'd rather just buy what I want a la carte. If by updated you mean bug fixes and patches, the game should come with that for free already.

And as far as support, what kind of support? Most games come with support with no monthly fee anyway. And if not, there's usually at least a forum to turn to.

The problem is you can get the same level of entertainment out of games, without the monthly fees.

It's the same reason I'll never buy xBox Live Gold either. My PC and my PS3 play online for free.

PCpraiser100

System Name REBEL R1
Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard ASUS P6T
Cooling Stock
Memory 6GB OCZ GOLD TC LV Kit 1866MHz@1.65V 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) Two Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X Xfire'd and OC'd (920/1330)
Storage Seagate 7200.11 500GB 32MB
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D1 PCI Sound Card
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 500W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 16585 Performance Score on 3DMark Vantage
Editions based on games make me laugh if the game is forgettable. The only things I would want on a mousepad is some Half-life stuff, a metal surface, velcro, and has anyone seen any USB ports on a mousepad

P

Ptep

I'm surprised that noone has actually talked about the Zboard as yet (had to paste that as the Z key doesnt work...), whilst a great idea in principle, the actual keyboard base is terrible! ive had one for a couple of years now which at the time i bought to use with WoW - which i was relatively new to - after a period of time the WoW keyset would work for so long then revert to the standard keyset - id assumed this was a driver issue, but after several new versions of software the thing went from bad to worse.
The situation now is that only the regular keyset functions at all, its intermittent and drops out sets of keys (at the moment L.alt has become m, Z doesnt work nor does the left shift key, and only the left hand portion of the space bar works), this occasionally changes to none of the windows, ctrl shift or alt keys working, although all keys can be made to work by unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back in, but the problems return after five minutes or so. To add to that all 64bit versions of the drivers have been dreadull, crashing frequently.
To anyone thinking of buying i would seriously avoid, there are far better keyboards available for similar money with far better build quality, key action and features.

System Name Dust Collector
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Motherboard Asus B550I Aorus Pro WiFi AX
Cooling Alpenfohn Black Ridge V2 w/ Noctua NF-A9x14
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz/CL16
Video Card(s) Power Color Red Dragon RX 5700 XT
Storage Samsung EVO+ 500GB NVMe
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case Dan Case A4
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
Editions based on games make me laugh if the game is forgettable. The only things I would want on a mousepad is some Half-life stuff, a metal surface, velcro, and has anyone seen any USB ports on a mousepad

There was this one mousepad that required a USB port to light the LED's bordering it's frame... does that count? :cool: