• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Overclocking software for hd 5870/hd5850

Nkd

hmm tried it but the performance went down as I increased the voltage and core speed, don't know whats going on, I don't even think it is overclocking my card though the OSD says the clock speed to be right when I bench. but seems like ati drivers are controlling the overvolting for some reason.

Processor Core i7-12700k
Motherboard Z690 Aero G D4
Cooling Custom loop water, 3x 420 Rad
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming
Storage Plextor M10P 2TB
Display(s) InnoCN 27M2V
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-5 Plus
Power Supply FSP Aurum PT 1200W
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
hmm tried it but the performance went down as I increased the voltage and core speed, don't know whats going on, I don't even think it is overclocking my card though the OSD says the clock speed to be right when I bench. but seems like ati drivers are controlling the overvolting for some reason.
Overclocking the new generation of cards is so differcult, because ATi implented error correction machinism.
What this means is that even when there is error in the card from OCing, it won't show artifacts (yellow dots etc), only thing you see it performance goes down.

Edit: W1z explains it pretty well in his review.
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ATI/Radeon_HD_5870/33.html

Nkd

Overclocking the new generation of cards is so differcult, because ATi implented error correction machinism.
What this means is that even when there is error in the card from OCing, it won't show artifacts (yellow dots etc), only thing you see it performance goes down.

Edit: W1z explains it pretty well in his review.
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ATI/Radeon_HD_5870/33.html

I thought that was only related to memory, my memory has been tested fine at 1250, and I really don't feel the need to go any higher. error correction is only memory overclocking related, I don't believe it has anything to do with gpu.