• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Overclocking

LMS-Chef

I am rather new to this. I have softmenu by Abit on my Motherboard and i have used AtiTool to overclock but I am now getting interested in flashing my 9800 to an xt. I have flashed my motherboard bios many times so that part dosen't scare me but in a way it still does. I have a CMOS reset jumper on my board. AtiTool shows I do have 8 pipelines active, but my core and memory clocks are down to an SE speed. Is Atitool all that i need to use or should I flash it with the XT bios. Do I download a bios for the XT and flash it in? :confused: Any suggestions and guidence would be much appreciated. Thanks Ok i think I know what over clocking does now. You download the bios for the card but have it set to a higher speed. The only advntage between it and using AtiTool is it is always on and your not running another program right?

Last edited:

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
LMS-Chef said:
I am rather new to this. I have softmenu by Abit on my Motherboard and i have used AtiTool to overclock but I am now getting interested in flashing my 9800 to an xt. I have flashed my motherboard bios many times so that part dosen't scare me but in a way it still does. I have a CMOS reset jumper on my board. AtiTool shows I do have 8 pipelines active, but my core and memory clocks are down to an SE speed. Is Atitool all that i need to use or should I flash it with the XT bios. Do I download a bios for the XT and flash it in? :confused: Any suggestions and guidence would be much appreciated. Thanks Ok i think I know what over clocking does now. You download the bios for the card but have it set to a higher speed. The only advntage between it and using AtiTool is it is always on and your not running another program right?

What core does ATITool say you have? ...

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
LMS-Chef said:

I don't think the R350 core is going to mod to a XT ... I believe it has to be a R360 core ... :(