• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Acer Announces Acer Aspire AS1410 Series Value Ultraportable Notebooks

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Bringing affordability to the ultraportable notebook platform, Acer America today announced the new Acer Aspire AS1410 Series. These new notebooks integrate enough power for enjoying digital entertainment in a very sleek, stylish design for just $US399.

"With the rising popularity of social networking, consumers are more connected than ever to the online world," said Ray Sawall, senior manager of product marketing for Acer America. "When it comes to selecting a notebook, they're increasingly concerned with size, weight and style. The AS1410 Series is small enough to be carried in a backpack or even a large purse but with enough power for spreadsheets and presentations. Aggressively priced, the AS1410 is an affordable mobile solution for checking Twitter updates, viewing YouTube videos and handling productivity applications on a plane, at school or a coffee house. Those in the market for a netbook should consider this notebook as an option, due to the step up in processing power."

Just one-inch-thin and 3.08 pounds, these systems are sleek and light, but with a full-size keyboard. The full-sized keyboard is comfortable and easy to type on, particularly for taking advantage of productivity applications. The compact size combined with a traditional keyboard comprises a convenient platform for frequent travelers and students. With the needs of mobile users in mind, the AS1410 Series is designed to suit an individual's own personal flair with three elegant colour options - Diamond Black, Sapphire Blue and Ruby Red.

Powerful Performance; Petite Package
Although it's the size of a netbook, the Aspire AS1410 Series is truly a mainstream notebook with the performance to suit a variety of users. Featuring an Intel Celeron processor and 2GB DDR2 memory (upgradeable to 4GB), the notebooks have plenty of power for document creation, media playback and daily task management.

The systems are also outfitted with the new Windows 7 Home Premium operating system and up to a 250GB hard drive, which is large enough to store a vast library of music, images and spreadsheets. Offering plenty of productive time when away from a power outlet, a 6-cell Lithium Ion battery provides up to a whopping six hours of battery life, enough power to keep the PC charged on a coast to coast flight.

The systems are also primed for visual clarity. The 11.6-inch widescreen HD LED-backlit display is large enough to comfortably view videos, photos, documents and web pages. Featuring LED backlit technology, a 16:9 aspect ratio and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD, the AS1410 Series delivers realistic HD pictures with crisp detail and smooth video playback.

Integrated speakers and Dolby Sound Room audio enhancement deliver lifelike sound for enjoying videos, movie downloads and music. A webcam and digital microphone make it fun and easy to get virtual face time with friends and family via live video streaming and video chat.

Intuitive PC Navigation, Convenient Connectivity
Affording easy, intuitive PC navigation, the new Aspire notebooks have a multi-gesture touchpad. Users can scroll, zoom in and out and quickly flip through web pages, photos, spreadsheets and more by pinching, flicking and swirling their fingers across the touchpad.

Despite the compact form factor, the new notebooks offer a wide array of ports including an integrated multi-in-one media reader to conveniently transfer files from digital devices. An HDMI port allows the systems to support any PC or TV video format via a single cable, while three USB 2.0 ports enable connection to the latest peripherals and digital devices. Advanced Intel 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N Wireless and Gigabit Ethernet LAN enable fast access to email, the web and social networks.

Pricing/Configurations/Availability
The Acer Aspire AS1410 Series notebooks will be available for U.S. customers at leading retailers this holiday season. A sample configuration as well as specifications and pricing follow.

Acer Aspire AS1410 Notebook PC - Prices begin at US $399.99
  • Intel Celeron Processor SU2300 (1.2GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)
  • 11.6-Inch HD Widescreen CineCrystal LED-Backlit Display (16.9 Aspect Ratio; 1366×768 Resolution)
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
  • 2GB DDR2 Dual-Channel 667MHz Memory (Upgradeable to 4GB)
  • 160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive(2)
  • Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
  • Intel WiFi Link 1000 802.11 a/b/g/Draft-N
  • Integrated Acer Crystal Eye Webcam
  • Two Built-In Stereo Speakers and Dolby Sound Room Audio Enhancement
  • Full-Size Acer FineTip Keyboard
  • Multi-Gesture Touchpad Supporting Circular Motion, Scrolling, Pinch-Action Zoom and Page Flip
  • Three USB 2.0 Ports
  • HDMI Port
  • 6-Cell Li-Ion Battery (4400 mAh), up to Six Hours Battery Life
  • 3.08 Pounds
  • Two-Year International Travelers Limited Warranty

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
Nice. This will put a serious squeeze on Atom based netbooks. The screen is a much more friendly 11" with high resolution and a great little CPU (compared to Atom), 2GB memory, and full gesture trackpad. And at a netbook price... why by a netbook?

But why does the photo "hide" the keyboard and trackpad? Keyboard not too nice (compared to Samsung or Sony pebble), and trackpad too small?

handsomerichguy

System Name My Cheap System
Processor Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition Bloomfield @ 4.12 GHz 1.385 V
Motherboard ASUS P6T7 WS Supercomputer LGA 1366 Intel X58 CEB
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet
Memory G.SKILL Perfect Storm 6 x 2GB PC3 17066 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) 2 x HIS Radeon HD 5970 Crossfire
Storage Western Digital Caviar 1.5TB
Display(s) Acer H235Hbmid Black 23" 2ms HDMI 300 cd/m2 100000:1
Case COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 CX
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply SILVERSTONE ST1500 1500W 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Active PFC
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Matlab 2008, Multisim 10.1, Altium Designer
The processor freq is too low. I doubt it perform well because my atom based netbook is very slow.

But why does the photo "hide" the keyboard and trackpad? Keyboard not too nice (compared to Samsung or Sony pebble), and trackpad too small?

It is a shy laptop lol

shevanel

What's the world coming to when people need $400 1.2ghz mini pc's to tote around in large purses so they can update their twitter whilst watching hitler lose his face on you tube?

(i used to have the acer aspire one.. not bad if you only like doing basic things of course)

1.2ghz will barely if at all stream any flash video am I wrong?

I'm on a 1.5ghz amd 1800+ laptop now while my x58 is off to msi RMA and it load 80%+ just using pandora lol.

Processor i7 2600k@4.6ghz
Motherboard MSI z68ma-ed55
Cooling Silentx Extreem 120mm
Memory 2x4gb XMS 7-8-7-20 1600
Video Card(s) HD6870
Storage 2x128gb Kingston Hyper-X (Raid0), 2x750gb RE3 (RAID1), 2x750gb RE3 (RAID1)
Display(s) Soyo 24", Gateway 22"
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini 6x120mm fans.
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Zalman 750w
Software Windows 7
Maybe it has the same mouse buttons on the sides of the trackpad = fail

vouou

good model

This is the model that I'm looking for Acer Aspire AS1410 , smooth for video and also work well for gaming but i'm not gaming so not expect very high graphic. Normally, i use for internet and play video like youtube, bigger screen is great

Processor C2Q6600 @ 1.6 GHz
Motherboard Anus PQ5
Cooling ACFPro
Memory GEiL2 x 1 GB PC2 6400
Video Card(s) MSi 4830 (RIP)
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320 GB Perpendicular Recording
Display(s) Dell 17'
Case El Cheepo
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software MCE2K5
its better thana netbook and cheaper than some of the 12 inch models out there ... hmmm ... may be going back to skl and this may be the hit