• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PQI Announces 2.5-inch H560 Ultra Shock-Proof Portable HDD

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Power Quotient International Co., Ltd. (PQI) announced a new 2.5" portable hard drive, the H560. Breaking traditional rectangular plastic / metallic looks, PQI H560 utilizes special rubber material and unique internal shock-absorption suspension technology; it provides the hard drive with the ultra protection. H560 has endured US military grade drop test, MIL-STD-810F 516.5 procedure IV (transit drop test), proving its durability and sturdiness. PQI H560 has a 2.5 inch SATA interface hard drive, compatible with USB2.0 specifications and is backwards compatible with USB 1.1.

PQI H560 comes with a convenient design where the USB cable is attached and can be stored as one with the drive. It saves the user from always having to bring a USB cable with the drive to establish connection.

PQI H560 also has a single button backup functionality and comes with the data security software, Ur Fortress. Ur Fortress features data encryption for all personal files to prevent unauthorized accesses. Further more, H560 is compatible with Windows 7 / 2000 / XP / Vista; Mac OS 9.0 or later.

Product specifications:
  • Storage capacity: 320/500/640GB
  • Dimension: 144x81.5x22.4 mm
  • Weight: 350g
  • Interface: USB 1.1/2.0
  • Operating system: Windows 7 / 2000 / XP / Vista; Mac OS 9.0 or later
  • Warranty: 3 years

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name PC
Processor i7 9700KF
Motherboard MSI Z390 A PRO
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz
Video Card(s) PALIT RTX 4070 Dual 12Gb
Storage 2X Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, Samsung 850 pro 512gb SSD
Display(s) DELL C34H89x 34" Ultrawide
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A5+ Speakers
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 64bit
Looks pretty cool visually... im assuming the casing allows for it to cool itself as I have had a few 2.5" portables die on me due to overheating in their stylish looking casings...

I'm not sure that all of these "rugged, shockproof, waterproof, fire resistant etc..." devices are really neccessary though... I guess the majority of people use their computers in the comfort of their own home or workplace... having said that the computers (and laptops) that they plug these devices into are very sensitive (they also arent waterproof and you dont want to be flamethrowing them or throwing them off buildings either)... so why the need for a drive or usb key that can survive this type of abuse?

Im sure a certain small niche market would be able to get advantage out of having an indesctrutable hardrive / usb key naturally... but is it something that the mainstream really needs? I think its all about adding an extra feature to a device to try and sell it in an already saturated market at the end of the day.