• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire X800 GTO AGP pipe unlock

Devil_Inside

WOW that is impressive! I guess I am doing something wrong again :cry:

Let me ask you something...is it better to use ATI tools instead of TRIXX that I got on the CD with my VGA? My other question is wich one is a reliable program to monitor the temperature of the GPU? Thanks

Dolf, could you explain how to do that thing with the BIOS that you mentioned? How to replace the BIOS once I have successfully overclocked the VGA?

WOW that is impressive! I guess I am doing something wrong again :cry:

Let me ask you something...is it better to use ATI tools instead of TRIXX that I got on the CD with my VGA? My other question is wich one is a reliable program to monitor the temperature of the GPU? Thanks

Dolf, could you explain how to do that thing with the BIOS that you mentioned? How to replace the BIOS once I have successfully overclocked the VGA?

Use both utilities (to see whether the results will be comparable).

You can do "that thing" like that:
1. Save the original BIOS with ATITool
2. Use RaBit 1.7 or newer to open the BIOS
3. Change the clocks as desired (save the new BIOS typing xxxx.bin name) it will be saved like .bin (if you just mame the BIOS with xxxx and press "save" it will be .rom) - you can use both (rom and bin) files
4. Prepare bootable floppy disk and copy on it: atiflash, the original BIOS and the custom BIOSes (all the bios names should be not longer than 8 symbols)
5. Boot from the floppy and use the following command line:

atiflash -f -p 0 biosname.bin (or .rom) - press "enter"........wait; remove the floppy disk; restart

Done

wilmur

is it unlockable?

I got a Saphire Radeon X800 GTO 256 AGP from Egghead last week. Great card, I,m impressed with it already. R480 core and samsung 1.6 memory. It ran pretty hot so I upgraded to a zalman zf900 now thats under control. Also upgraded the psu. Antec 500 wattwith 17 amps on 12v-1 and 18 on 12v-2. It oc's smoothly with the core at 570 and the mem at 600 according to atitool. But can I get 16 pipes?

I am going to try to insert images of atitool fuses since it seems to hold the key. Thanks in advance.

wilmur

images again

hope this works

wilmur

original bios

I am attaching a copy of my original bios file. Also my card is blue color. many thanks.

Attachments

• origbios.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 366

wilmur

way cool. it worked like magic. in 1 week I went from 54 fps with my 128mb gforce fx5200 to a stock saphire 256mb x800 gto @ 800 fps and now with 16 pipes and modest 520-540 overclocking i see 1500+ fps. all I can say is WOW. kudos to DOLF.

Motivator

heya

wanted to check and see what my deal is. Everything is correct as per the ATI tool info, and the RaBiT info, just need to check the P/N. So long as it's all good, which bios do i take for the unlock?

-edit-

just checked the p/n. I'm good to go

also, not sure, but how do i check the realto? was that included in the pdf?

Last edited:

Devil_Inside

I got a Saphire Radeon X800 GTO 256 AGP from Egghead last week. Great card, I,m impressed with it already. R480 core and samsung 1.6 memory. It ran pretty hot so I upgraded to a zalman zf900 now thats under control. Also upgraded the psu. Antec 500 wattwith 17 amps on 12v-1 and 18 on 12v-2. It oc's smoothly with the core at 570 and the mem at 600 according to atitool. But can I get 16 pipes?

I am going to try to insert images of atitool fuses since it seems to hold the key. Thanks in advance.

Could you please send me a link to this card? I bought one from Newegg few days ago and I can't unlock the pipes, so I plan to return it. Could you send me the link to the one you bought? Thanks a lot!

Devil_Inside

I just bought this one from Newegg - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102609 ...and it has the 480 core but it doesn't overclock that good (the best I could do was 587/493) and I cannot unlock the additional pipes...I will try to exchange it for the one you bought and I hope I will be able to do it this time :cry:

P.S What is the difference between the red one and the blue one? :banghead:

BodySnatcher

Blue = 16 at the egg

I just bought a BLUE one from the egg. Fired up ATItool ...bam 16 pipes stock. Haven't overclocked it ...yet.

BodySnatcher

It should be with R480 :D ehh...

That was the surprise, it is reporting as a R430 !?! Soooo... Sapphire, the egg, or ATI, or something is unlocking the pipes as a stock offering.

Scores in 3Dmark03 like a stock X800XL.

Tried a mild overclock of 5% last night on the core and memory with no problems.

I'm going to let it burn in for a couple of weeks before I push it. Then I'll slap the big cooler from my dead 9800pro modded to a 9800XT on it and get it settled in for the holiday gaming season.

Giskard

I just got the blue pcb AGP slot X800 GTO from newegg.

Shows as a 430 chip

16 pipes enabled by default.

Overclock attempt on ATI tools, monitor turned off at about 436 core. Had to power system off to get it to restart.

It runs rather hot.. running the rotating cube on ATI tools leads it to hit 78 degrees.

My guess is that the stock heatsink/fan is crappy.

Has 1.6ns memory.

I just got the blue pcb AGP slot X800 GTO from newegg.

Shows as a 430 chip

16 pipes enabled by default.

Overclock attempt on ATI tools, monitor turned off at about 436 core. Had to power system off to get it to restart.

It runs rather hot.. running the rotating cube on ATI tools leads it to hit 78 degrees.

My guess is that the stock heatsink/fan is crappy.

Has 1.6ns memory.

It should be R430 with that poor overclock :mad: .

Angelz0fwar

video card also

i have a radeon x300 in a computer that cost me out my arse, in my game last yr it was dynamite, now its issues! is it the game? the company who made it for being a cheap arse on it or my card>? some1 please give me info!:confused:

speedy11131

Processor Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-M68MT-SP2
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB
Storage Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB
Display(s) JVC 32"
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply RP-550
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Hello, I bought a Sapphire X800GTO from newegg a few months ago. I am wondering if I can flash my BIOS to 16 pipes.

Here are my fuses:

If it is possible to unlock my card, what chances do I have of getting artifacts?
BTW: I have a 420W power supply.

Here is the dump from my videocard BIOS...

Attachments

• X800GTOspeedy11131BIOS.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 312
Hello, I bought a Sapphire X800GTO from newegg a few months ago. I am wondering if I can flash my BIOS to 16 pipes.

Here are my fuses:

If it is possible to unlock my card, what chances do I have of getting artifacts?
BTW: I have a 420W power supply.

Here is the dump from my videocard BIOS...

Yes it is possible to unlock and you will unlock :D . The chance to get artifacts is less than 10% (my personal opinion) - don't worry about because the process can be reversed.

Use the automated flash utility from here: http://www.savefile.com/projects/971168

Success

speedy11131

Display(s) JVC 32"
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply RP-550
Yes it is possible to unlock and you will unlock :D . The chance to get artifacts is less than 10% (my personal opinion) - don't worry about because the process can be reversed.

Use the automated flash utility from here: http://www.savefile.com/projects/971168

Success

Thanks for the fast reply!!

Just one more question.

Does it matter which one of these I use?
Just wanted to make sure.

Automated Flash Utility X800GTO AGP (R430)&Realto
Bootable CD image (.iso)
(Filetype: zip, 0.82MB)
Automated Flash Utility X800 AGP R430&Realto_ver.1
Bootable CD image (.iso)
(Filetype: zip, 0.8MB)
Automated Flash Utility X800 AGP R430&Realto_ver.2

Again thanks for the fast help!

Automated Flash Utility X800GTO AGP (R430)&Realto Bootable CD image (.iso)
(Filetype: zip, 0.82MB) ;)

speedy11131

Display(s) JVC 32"
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply RP-550
Automated Flash Utility X800GTO AGP (R430)&Realto Bootable CD image (.iso)
(Filetype: zip, 0.82MB) ;)

Thank you for the wonderful Boot CD!! :respect: I have now successfully flashed my X800GTO to 16 pipes!! :toast:

Pic for proof.