• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

COD:MW2 , cod4 freeze bug strikes back!!!

CorsairX

Processor Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo
Motherboard GIGABYTE P35-DS3L
Cooling Corsair H50, 5 120MM FANS
Memory CORSAIR 4GB 800MHZ
Video Card(s) XFX GEFORCE BLACK EDITION GTX260
Storage WD 500GB 7200RPM CACHE: 32MB
Display(s) SAMSUNG 24" LCD WIDESCREEN
Case COOLERMASTER CM690
Audio Device(s) ONBOARD
Power Supply CORSAIR TX750
Software WIN7 64BIT
Maybe I didn't mentioned ,that the freeze makes the whole pc go down , no HDD activity also.

For the moment , who had the freeze also reported they have integrated realtek sound card (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeLvfxb_GRw)

In my case, the game is the only thing that freezes with a minimized window error. I tried to see what the error message says but the window does not want to maximize.

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
In my case, the game is the only thing that freezes with a minimized window error. I tried to see what the error message says but the window does not want to maximize.

Try to see if the error is reported in event viewer

Control panel/administrative tools/even viewer//software ...

Rellert

solution

hey guys!

I was experiencing the same problem!
I found a solution (at least it works for me and for my neighbour to).
thing is we had different pc's. I am working a notebook (asus g2sv) and my neighbour on a
normal pc. We are both using Windows 7 Ultimate since a few days..

the solution:
CoD Modern Warfare is very sensitive for overclocking and stuff like that.
The solution (how strange this may sound) we can in our energy usage of the computer.
Since i am using the dutch version of windows 7 Ultimate, i am not really sure what the exact english translation of some words are in the english version of win7.
but here goes (dont exactly know how to get into the energy-management of normal pc's, but i will try to explain that to) for the notebook solution:

When you go to "energy-management" (right clicking on the battery icon in the bottom right corner of your screen), most of you will find out that your notebook is in "energysaving mode" or something like that. In energy'-management you can switch "Energysaving mode" to "High Performance mode". For my neighbour this was enough for not freezing CoD anymore. For me it didnt the trick..

For the ones the above didnt do the trick:
you can manually create an energyschedule. make sure you set everything to "high performance".
Next thing you do is change settings of your energy usage. search for any Hard-disk or hard-drive options. Some of you may see that the Hard-disk(s) will shut down after several minutes (in my case 20minutes). now change those minutes into something like 400minutes or more (doesnt really matter). save everything and make sure that you switch to the (by yourself) created energyschedule. restart your computer.. and...tada.. CoD should work properly now.

Normal PC solution:
Go to "Control Panel" and then search for Energy-management (or something with energy).
here you'll find different energy-saving schedules (if i'm right). Set everything like in the above to "high performance" (or atleast to the highest options possible).
then search for anything involving Hard-disks or hard-drives. If i'm right you can see that the HD's will be disabled after several minutes. well then.. there should be the option to change "disable HD's after several minutes" to "NEVER DISABLE" the Hard-disks or hard-drives. Now save everything and restart your computer.. and ta-da.. CoD should work properly now.

*be sure you do all these steps as administrator, since i don't know if it will work if your not logged in as admin

I hope this solution works for all of you.. (and i hope the above was readable ;) )
please leave a comment on this post (i am pretty curious if it helps you all out)

the credits go to my neighbour, he heard the HD's switch off at time of the freeze! I thought lets share :)

Good Luck!

JTS

System Name DUST FILTRATION UNIT
Processor i7 920 @ 4.0 ghz+HT
Motherboard Asus P6X58D Premium
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 + plenty of case fans
Memory 6 GB OCZ Gold
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 580 Direct CUII
Storage x2 Samsung F1 640GB, 1TB Seagate 7200.12
Display(s) U2410 : 58" Samsung
Case HAF 932
Audio Device(s) X-FI Forte 7.1 / AD900
Power Supply Corsair HX1000W
Software 7 Ultimate x64 : 7 x64 PRO
You can add me to the list of MW2 Hard Freezing with a sound loop. No app crash, CTD, BSoD dumps and no errors in event viewer. There is also no specific areas it freezes at.

In Seven x86 and x64, it hard freezes around the half an hour mark, but has no cinematic 'stuttering'.

In Vistax64 it can freeze anywhere between a minute or last several hours before freezing. Unlike Seven, Vista has the cinematic stuttering.

Even though I'm overclocking, it's not a heat / stability issue. (24hr run 0 errors memtest / 24hrs P95 0 error, temps logged by Everest) + no other games freeze like this.

It's not a crossfire issue, as I've tried CAT AI disabled, Standard, Advanced and CF disabled. In fact, it affects both ATI and nvidia cards in single or dual configuration.

I don't use the onboard Realtek and use an Azuentech x-plosion 7.1 - in each OS I have tried a different sound driver version. No difference.

For what it's worth, I play @ 1920x1200 with every in game detail maxed. (texture limit issue? )

Unfortunately Rellert's suggestion does not apply either, as each OS had the power options set to high performance etc anyway. His neighbour probably heard the HDD's shut off because that's what happens when you Blue Screen (even though it's not really 'Blue Screening' ;) )

Basically it appears to affect every OS, card manufacturer, stock clocked, overclocked machines with differing sound card / drivers.

It's especially perplexing as there are plenty of people who have zero issues.

Sorry my first post here wasn't helpful - but I thought I'd try to debunk a few possible causes. It's a fun game, but not when it freezes like this :(

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Exactly , that's the exact explanation of this problem, so hard to troubleshoot , it like , it's done on purpose or what , I can't find a single clue or lead everything I try.

Also the HDD turning of is , I said again , cause it freezes the whole PC , so HDD shuts off too.

sherman

One more

Add me up on the freeze issue.
Win7 ultimate, new alienware alx (6 gb ram/2xHD 5870/Raid 10/liquid cooling)
The heatsensors never go anywhere near the limits even thoug I use 1920 and full AA, but I do use the realtec onboard audio (seems like a lot of the folks having the issue have this).
The freezes appear from 5 mins and up to 30 mins.

GLD

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, AMD Wraith Prism.
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi).
Cooling Antec 120mm RGB case fans.
Memory 4x8gb, G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GVKC.
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6700.
Storage PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB 4.0x4 NVMe ssd with Vantec ICEBERQ heat sink.
Display(s) ASUS VP278QG 27", 1080p, 75hz, FreeSync.
Case Antec GX202.
Audio Device(s) Onboard sound, Logitech Z625 THX 2.1's, Logitech G430 headphones.
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750.
Mouse Logitech G203 Prodigy.
Keyboard Logitech G213.
Software Windows 11 Pro, @ Day 1.
I had crashes in COD MW (don't have COD MW2 yet). The cause was said to be monitoring software running in the back ground. I ran rivatuner for fan control and temp. monitoring. I bought an Arctic Cooler for my gpu and no longer had to run rivatuner so I didn't bother monitoring temps. and had no more crashes. Who here has crashes that is running monitoring software, like rivetuner, everest, etc? Try turning of the programs and see if it helps.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
Add me up on the freeze issue.
Win7 ultimate, new alienware alx (6 gb ram/2xHD 5870/Raid 10/liquid cooling)
The heatsensors never go anywhere near the limits even thoug I use 1920 and full AA, but I do use the realtec onboard audio (seems like a lot of the folks having the issue have this).
The freezes appear from 5 mins and up to 30 mins.

With that kinda box, I'd be livid with a program/game that blew up on me....

zilliobe

Same Problem

I've had this problem on COD:MW and COD:MW2 and i'm really getting pissed off with it not to mension it can't be doing my system any good!

I'm running XP 32-bit and also have on-board Realtek sound.

JTS...Just a hunch but even if you are using a sound card did you completely disable the realtek onboard with the device manager?

My friend plays it fine and he uses a creative soundcard.

Specs: Q6600 @ stock 2.4ghz
2gb ram
8800GTX 768mb

All i run in the background is Zonealarm, AVG and Ad-aware Adwatch

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
sounds like its definitely related to realtek audio from all the complaints.

Morris88

hey people, I got a freeze problem but it happens literaly two secs as i start up the game, I meet all the requirements for CoD4:MW2 yet when I run the game as the IW logo is spinning it freezes and stops there :S anyone know a possible reason for this? I've tried the resolution change/colour I've seen around but to no avail I also downloaded latest drivers for my grapbics card. any help will be nice :)

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Motherboard Asrock Z790 Nova
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5-6400 @ 6600
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 Ultra FTW3
Storage 4TB WD 850x NVME, 4TB WD Black, 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
Display(s) 1x Samsung Odyssey G7 Neo and 1x Dell u2518d
Case Lian Li o11 DXL w/custom vented front panel
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 -> DBX DriveRack PA+ -> Mackie MR8 and MR10 / Senn PX38X -> SB AE-5 Plus
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502x
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 x64 Pro
Benchmark Scores 31k multicore Cinebench - CPU limited 125w
Cod4 always locked up on me playing multiplayer, I killed my overclocks, down clocked, raised voltages, changed drivers, tried without antivirus, firewall, rivatuner, ati CCC, different sound card, from Xp to Vista x64.

I haven't really played it since installing windows 7, but I doubt the OS had anything to do with it.

PS, my overclocks I don't even consider stable unless I can run them 72 hours Prime 95 and Furmark.

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
I did test so find out if it's realtek , well , it's on hold , as , I can't find a way to disable sound system from loading when the game starts , there seem to be no command line switch nor any command.

I have tried it with FULLY disabled realtek sound card , that means , without drivers at all and cleaned with driver sweeper in safe-mode , and disabling the WHOLE hardware device in BIOS (Azalia Codec means Realtek sound card , albeit a weird name)

I was thinking about a sound card , but I always concluded it was a just a waste , maybe if I get some spare money lately , cause there is no a definitive guide of if it's even worth paying 80$ sound card , pros say that integrated are good enough these days , I have a relatively high end mobo (it cost 140€ that time) , some are saying creative is really good , some say the creative has crap drivers and you have a shitload of errors and crashes in games .... so , ... I can at least say , I have least errors and crashes in games with integrated realtek , never , seriously never a game crashed with some sort of sound error for me , or it's just a coincidence?

Whatever , I think im forced to test a sound card since this is the only option viable(known) currently.

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I did test so find out if it's realtek , well , it's on hold , as , I can't find a way to disable sound system from loading when the game starts , there seem to be no command line switch nor any command.

I have tried it with FULLY disabled realtek sound card , that means , without drivers at all and cleaned with driver sweeper in safe-mode , and disabling the WHOLE hardware device in BIOS (Azalia Codec means Realtek sound card , albeit a weird name)

I was thinking about a sound card , but I always concluded it was a just a waste , maybe if I get some spare money lately , cause there is no a definitive guide of if it's even worth paying 80$ sound card , pros say that integrated are good enough these days , I have a relatively high end mobo (it cost 140€ that time) , some are saying creative is really good , some say the creative has crap drivers and you have a shitload of errors and crashes in games .... so , ... I can at least say , I have least errors and crashes in games with integrated realtek , never , seriously never a game crashed with some sort of sound error for me , or it's just a coincidence?

Whatever , I think im forced to test a sound card since this is the only option viable(known) currently.

azalia just means it meets intels specs for onboard HD audio. AC97 - HD/azalia

silly name but a good thing, its why onboards suck so much less these days

yamato

Hello, I decided to share my story here since this is the most comprehensive thread about this kind of issue I've found so far.

I'm experiencing the same problem. MW2 freezes completely randomly both in single and multiplayer. I tried every fix I could find on the internet, but nothing worked at all. Sometimes it only takes a few minutes to freeze, and other times it takes hours, but once it freezes, I have to restart my pc. Now, the computer itself is fairly powerful as it is a quad core with 4 gigabytes of ram, and my videocard is a Radeon HD4870 512 mb. However, my OS is Windows XP 32bit, so I guess that could be part of the issue (though I haven't really experienced any problems running other games so far), still I believe the real issue is related to the Realtek onboard soundcard which I am also using. Since so many of the people experiencing this problem said they were using it, this can't just be a coincidence. I hope a patch is released or a workaround is found soon enough.

System Name RyZen FX
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling DeepCool AK400 Zero Dark Plus
Memory Corsair CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 X2 32gig dual channel
Video Card(s) ASUS RX 7700XT TUF OC
Storage x2 Lexar SSD NM710 2TB 2XSeagate 1Terrabyte 1x Seagate 2 Terrabyte
Display(s) 40 Inch Samsung HDTV (monitor)
Case HAF-X:)
Audio Device(s) AMD/HDMI to Onkyo HT-R508 Receiver
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Power Supply
Software Windows 10 Pro X64
With the support IW has shown us so far, I'd be surprised if there was a patch made in the next 4 months.

Actually my game gets updates auto from Steam,Your`s should say 1.0169 by now lest mine did yesterday.

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Hello, I decided to share my story here since this is the most comprehensive thread about this kind of issue I've found so far.

I'm experiencing the same problem. MW2 freezes completely randomly both in single and multiplayer. I tried every fix I could find on the internet, but nothing worked at all. Sometimes it only takes a few minutes to freeze, and other times it takes hours, but once it freezes, I have to restart my pc. Now, the computer itself is fairly powerful as it is a quad core with 4 gigabytes of ram, and my videocard is a Radeon HD4870 512 mb. However, my OS is Windows XP 32bit, so I guess that could be part of the issue (though I haven't really experienced any problems running other games so far), still I believe the real issue is related to the Realtek onboard soundcard which I am also using. Since so many of the people experiencing this problem said they were using it, this can't just be a coincidence. I hope a patch is released or a workaround is found soon enough.

We share pretty much similar components , anyways , might not be just realteks problem , it might also be a problem with the game using the onboard integrated sound devices nonproperly.

Since some , but only about 3 or 4 said they have the same problem but totally different setups and no realtek.

However my bet's still on the soundcard , i need to get a hold of one , and try , but Im' not in a situation I can just go an buy one , so , can anyone else tries if you have some spare bucks , but if you get one , make it good , cause if you buy a 30$ one probably won't be any better if you'll keep using it from the onboard one , so a gamer's sound around 50-60$ , that should be enough power to make good sound and enough resources. You might guess , maybe the onboard chip is overloaded :S Well it can be pretty much anything to suspect.

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10
I haz an idea!

1)Right click on the volume control and select Playback devices

2)Double-click Speakers(or Headphones if you use those)

3)Go to the enhantments tab and select "Disable all enchantments"

I had a similar problem with GW and that fixed it.

Jappotea

I have the same problem but my sound chip isn't realtek. it's creative live 24-bit integrated into my motherboard K8N Diamond.

I can play any game without any problem at high or mid setting. maybe it's not new PC but it works flawlessly.

AMD64 3800+ singlecore
K8N diamond mobo
XFX 9600gt 1gb edition
2gb ram
win7 home premium 32bit

I haz an idea!

1)Right click on the volume control and select Playback devices

2)Double-click Speakers(or Headphones if you use those)

3)Go to the enhantments tab and select "Disable all enchantments"

I had a similar problem with GW and that fixed it.

this didn't work for me. I tested it 4 days ago and I could play for more than 20min (usually the freeze happens within 5 min or the 1st min). it was the longest time playing without the problem. but in the end the freeze happened again.

my conclusion is the integrated SB is the problem. so now we have something similar.

overheat of the sound chip is the reason, or not? can someone try HalfAHertz method again?

Wado

Same problem for me too.
So I went to a friend that has some different soundcards and tried. i tried these cards:
Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer
ASUS Xonar D2/PM, 7.1 channel
Creative SB Audigy SE
But the problems didn´t go away.
Also tried HalfAHertz´s method but it still freeze

JTS

System Name DUST FILTRATION UNIT
Processor i7 920 @ 4.0 ghz+HT
Motherboard Asus P6X58D Premium
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 + plenty of case fans
Memory 6 GB OCZ Gold
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 580 Direct CUII
Storage x2 Samsung F1 640GB, 1TB Seagate 7200.12
Display(s) U2410 : 58" Samsung
Case HAF 932
Audio Device(s) X-FI Forte 7.1 / AD900
Power Supply Corsair HX1000W
Software 7 Ultimate x64 : 7 x64 PRO
Update:

This may be worth a try for those experiencing the 20-30 min hard freeze:

I basically changed the 'Extra' settings to 'High" and disabled AA. I managed to play SP for 3hrs+ without any freezing. Big difference to 30mins ;)

Options > Advanced Video

Anti-Aliasing = Off
Texture Quality = Manual
Texture Resolution = High
Normal Map Resolution = High
Specular Map Resolution = High

I haven't tried re-enabling the other settings yet. So I can't say with any degree of certainty which setting is the culprit, however I suspect that only the texture res needs to be set to high (for 1GB cards, maybe medium for 512MB Cards).

It's not a guaranteed fix, but it was a vast improvement for me. Give it a go and see if it helps.

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10
Update:

I basically changed the 'Extra' settings to 'High" and disabled AA. I managed to play SP for 3hrs+ without any freezing. Big difference to 30mins ;)

Options > Advanced Video

Anti-Aliasing = Off
Texture Quality = Manual

I haven't tried re-enabling the other settings yet. So I can't say with any degree of certainty which setting is the culprit, however I suspect that only the texture res needs to be set to high (for 1GB cards, maybe medium for 512MB Cards).

It's not a guaranteed fix, but it was a vast improvement for me. Give it a go and see if it helps.

So it sounds to me like the game is running out of video ram, then starting to swap on the main ram and then crashing when it fills everything up...

Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Mine froze in safe-mode, graphically totally the lowest possible.

Jappotea

Update:

Options > Advanced Video

Anti-Aliasing = Off
Texture Quality = Manual

did as you said, it still freezes. after 5 min or less, means no improvement at all at least for me.

I disabled AA, everything else is off or no (no depth of field).

Texture Quality = Manual
Texture Resolution = Mid
Normal Map Resolution = Mid
Specular Map Resolution = Mid

res= 1024x768
sound=stereo (I'll try mono tomorrow :rockout:)

Is there anyway to disable the whole graphic?..just kidding:p

Last edited:

cupdecha

COD4 Freeze

Hi,

I'm on the same problem - freezes after a few minutes, sometimes an hour. Can hear background sound effects but that's all. Sometimes can pull up desktop, other times the whole PC is down. Once I got a message that DirectX was having a problem and I should read the readme file for more details, but there was nothing in it.

Running creative soundblaster audigy, as the oldest piece of kit in the machine. Otherwise NV 9600GT 512mb, 2 gb corsair ram, E8200 and modern gigabyte mobo. It does have realtek integrated sound onboard, but as mentioned, using SB card instead. I've had my doubts about the soundcard as I can't believe IW would not have picked up this fault on the modern video cards we are all using...

Using WinXP32 but also used XP64 and absolutely no difference, so not sure its a OS issue.
Same problem on SP and MP.

I do get longer if I reduce the graphics quality, so I'm thinking it's GPU related. Hoping for a patch soon, as I'm getting bored of frigging about with my rig. I just wanna shoot.