• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DFi Lan party NFR SLi-DR Help!

Ad22UK

Hi guys,

got a problem with my dfi mobo, my system:

AMD 3000+ winnie
Dfi NFR-SLi-DR
OCZ pc4000 gold VX
raptor
2x 6800 Ultra's
Noisetaker 600w psu

ok after a few goes i got windows installed and managed too get every thing set up, flashed the the bios too 310 version...

every thing was fine so i thought i would fit the second card, moved all the jumpers too 2-3 and plug the power into the mobo...

Now when i get too windows it freezes for a minute then restarts :confused:

Can anyone help this is doing my head in ??

Thanks

helpimcrap

is everything at stock?

do you have the correct drivers? 66.93 i think? or 67.66?

do you have all 4 power connections plugged in, the molex, the floppy connector, the P4 connector and the ATX 20/24pin connector?

do you have both ultras plugged in?

can you state exactly what drivers you have and what versions installed?

how about mobo drivers?

is the memory getting enough voltage? the auto setting doesnt work if you have increased the DRAM limit to 4v.

Ad22UK

Hi there,
(theks for replyig)
I have used the drivers from the cd i got with the ultra's, + i downloaded the latest from nvidia...
every thing is at stock settings...

yes they are both pluged in and powerlights are on, on the cards... 24 pin is pluged i along with the p4 plug..

ive not got the floppy connector is not plug in to anything where does that go ???

i have bios flash the mobo to version 310...

it all works with 1 card but with it will just freeze once i get too windows

:confused:

helpimcrap

a floppy connector plugs into the motherboard on the RHS of the top PCI slot. it supplies power to the 5v and 12v line and may be to do with SLI stability. its in the manual. ;)

i know people with single cards can run without the molex and floppy connector but i guess the extra connectors are to do with SLI? :confused:

Ad22UK

Got it working had too reinstall windows, with all the jumpers set up for sli then installed the latest chipset drivers and gfx drivers then once i restart the computer the enable sli pop up restarted the computer and was all working fine :)